Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:43 PM   #76  

I'm excited for the kids about the apartment. These are some of the nicest ones in town. Tim will move in when it is ready, and Lauren will move in after the wedding in May. I know that I'll still see him when he moves since it's only on the other side of town. I had also told him that he can do laundry here for now. He'll be furnishing his own soap and giving me some $ for it.

Meme, any chance of getting a new doctor? I don't think I like yours either! I do feel like I am gaining a daughter. I'm very comfortable with her.

Mima, we went to Niagra Falls when Tim was 2 or 3. It was a great trip. I liked your last post about taking naps!!

Joanne, I have cried some about Tim moving out because I know that this is the last time. I cried when he went to college each year, but I always knew he'd be back for the summers. Any progress with the yellow jackets nest?

Welcome Back Kate! Good to hear that the surgery went well!! Keep us updated on your progress. Still keeping you in prayers!

Hey Candice! Nice to hear from you! Ouch to the pinky toe! I know that hurts so bad because I've done things to mine.

I start back to classes at the Y this week. I haven't been doing alot lately so it will take a while to get back into the routine. Looking forward to it though.

Tim said today that as much as he has been working and going to school, I should be used to not seeing him. I guess he's right! lol
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #77  

Default Hey There

Well a holiday this was not. I started out cleaning the tiles in B R and went on to the floor.. Then laundry, then the throw rugs, then the vacumning, then I moped the kitchen ,then I decided to clean the front porch and patio. In between I walked Christie and made lunch.Supper was eggs and toast. Now all I need to do is walk Christie once more and go to bed.Oh my aching back!!.
It took 4 calls and me getting frank with the city . I guess they decided to get me off their back and take care of the problem. They sprayed twice and finally had to plug the hole in the tree to get rid of the yellow jackets. I see some still flying around where the nest was.
Christy still pulls but I am trying to be more watchful so she doesn't make me fall. A broken hip I don't need
Hello All..Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:21 AM   #78  

Candice ... say your Gastro doc is a pain in the butt because he says you are constipated? I laughed out loud and no one is here but me. That was so funny. You should have told him that. About all my doc is good for is to dispense meds and send me to someone else who, hopefully, knows what they are doing. Hope your toe is ok.

Joanne, wish I had some of your energy. Right now, I'm sitting here with a backache watching re-runs. We went to an outdoor concert this afternoon and got caught in the rain so more is aching besides my back. Glad you finally got rid of your bees.

Hope you all are ok and had a good weekend.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:21 AM   #79  

Hey Joanne..have you seen those collars that do not let the dogs pull. It corrects them naturally but you have to hold them on a taught leash not aone that lets them run. Jaz will walk really well with me and when he tries to take off if he sees something it makes him turn toward me and stop. I got it at Petco...will have to look up the name....the gal there said she used it for her dog.

Tammy....I cried all the time when my son left for school....he will be leaving again next summer and get married in the fall. Maybe the two of us will become grandparents together!

Joanne....maybe you should fall more often if you get all that cleaning done

Mima....I did the thing with bins and dryer sheets too but they got in anyway at the old house. I hate mice!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in so much pain...spent almost 2 hrs onthe floor stretching and doing yoga postions and using tennis balls on my trigger pts....I just plain hurt. May try that muslce relaxor...soon.....woish I could take something more....we talked about Sevilla but I opted for later...may have to try that too.

Last edited by Candicej; 09-09-2009 at 05:45 AM.
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:23 AM   #80  

Hey meme....I guess we are on at the same time....that's what I am here for to make you laugh
Old 09-08-2009, 04:11 AM   #81  

Good thing someone is making me laugh tonight. Still sitting here hurting, unable to sleep. Another "Late Night With Meme" LOL (Only no one but my little doggie to listen to me! HA
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:11 AM   #82  

I have never been to a gastro doc who was the least bit sympathetic.y I would try probiotics-the ones I always forget to take.
Suzanne is sick again. At least she has some good days.
I am having a problem with electric bills-Florida says I am overdue-the camp says I forgot to pay one of theirs and they may be right and now the tenant owes me 175 which I know she will pay.
Tammy-it's so refreshing that Tim's gf is not moving in til after the wedding. Can't say that my kids did that-
I did a lot at the camp and I am paying but I am almost done. Getting my shot today. Lunch with Auntie.
Bye for now-Joanne-rest!!!!!!!Mima-everyone rest!!!
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Well, aren't we all just a room full of fun here lately? Sounds like we should start our own therapy clinic! God love us for going through all this crap, huh? Sorry about starting the "pain club" here! That new pain medication called "Nucynta" is a great addition to the orthopedic surgery meds list but definitely has some withdrawal side effects if taken for any significant period of time. I hope everyone comes out of their injuries okay....
Off to take a shower to get my appointment with the orthopedic over with. Hopefully he will start me on out patient PT so I can get this show on the road! Need to get back to normal now....and get more of this weight off! Hi to everyone...busy day today so I will check back later!!
Kate53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #84  

Default Hey There

Slept with the heating pad last night. Need to do some shopping today.. I give Christie a tablespoon of pumpkin for 3 days every now and then. The pug book said it would help with the anal glands. I spent almost 4oo dollars trying to get the proble fixed. She is still having a problem. I looked at two stores monday and couldn't find it I will go looking again today..They told me because of a flood where they are grown they couldn't get them???
Too bad we are all hurting..
Joanne
Old 09-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #85  

Joanne, you had a very busy day yesterday! Hope that those yellow jackets that are still around will go away. Wonder if the pumpkin would help Maurice?

Candice, OH MY to being grandparents! I do think it would be so much fun though. Hope you are feeling better.

Mima, Lauren won't be moving in until then because she is living at home and going to school. I think if she was closer, it might turn out to be a different story, but we'll never know.

Kate, you said you need to get back to normal. I don't know if I've ever been normal. lol I know what you mean though. My Bible study/weight loss class started back last week, and my classes at the Y start this week.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:04 PM   #86  

Default Hey There

Tammy - Has your dog got the problem too? Maybe this is something that small dogs have.. I also give Christie cherrios. They can't hurt them.
I didn't do much today.. Just the usual stuff.
Hello Everybody..Joanne
Old 09-09-2009, 05:43 AM   #87  

Mima..I take probiotics but only 1 aday so I am upping them to see that helps.

Meme....I hurt soooooo bad last night....the pain is better today so I ran the sweeper and waterd....foot still bad though. Just put a sing up on your door..meme's on vacation for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Kate..never heard of that pain med. What kind of withdrawal?

Joanne..probe? jas eats cherrios and carrots and apples with us. He had a gland problem when we first got him but it seems to be ok for now. Heating pad is my friend too

Mima..oh my on the electric bills.

hey happy..whatcha doin?
Old 09-09-2009, 06:36 AM   #88  

Did I miss something about Candice being a grandparent??
I must have deleted FL electric on my e-mail. I pd it and it had gone down 20.
I still owe 65 to the campground , 51 that I didn't pay, and 75 to Westminster. We have too many places but enjoy them all. And they all are small.
Getting ready for our trip. It's cool so I will pack long pants.
My doc called in my scripts instead of sending them to me. Gotta go to Walmart anyways. Bye for now Mima-you sound like the old Kate, Kate.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning everyone. Terrible night last night....no sleep at all. Just couldn't get comfortable and I didn't want to take that "heavy-duty" pain medication. I tried the oxycodone and advil but no use. Feeling very tired today and I have a PT appointment at 2 pm...oh joy! I can only sleep on my right side....no turning over to the left or onto my back which is how I usually sleep. Even moving out to the recliner in the livingroom didn't work. I have to keep getting up and letting my left arm dangle downwards to get the pain to subside. My neck is very stiff as well....hard to get the pillow where it feels comfortable. I'm sure it is just the residual feelings from surgery. The doctor showed me the pictures (from the arthroscope camera) of the work he did on the cuff muscle and bone. Yuk! Too much information for me but I could tell he was quite proud of his work.....(like I give a crap, huh? Just fix the darn thing, right??) I just can't wait to feel normal again and get back to my usual lifestyle. I don't do well when I am constantly aggrevated with anything....like whiny neighbors or pain
Hope everyone is feeling better today....Candice, the medication is brand new FDA approved called "Nucynta". It's a synthetic narcotic that is an "immediate release" and eases acute pain of joint surgeries. Withdrawal left me feeling very disconnected and feeling like everything was a bit surreal but it only lasted about 48 hours. I took the medication for about 10 days. Great pain relief though!
Enjoy the rest of the day....I'm going to need a nap before PT for sure!
Kate53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #90  

OH -pooh for the pain. hate those sleepless nights but added to pain it's awful. Wow we* closed up the camp yesterday because it's supposed to rain and we had to put a tarp on. I even taped a closet with a lot of blankets in it.
Getting ready for our trip to Pei-always packing to go somewhere.
Bye for now Mima