Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #16  

Joanne, good luck with your toe. I used to get those all the time when I was a kid, and I haven't had one in years. (knocking on wood) I like to go to garage sales too, but like you I don't have room for anything.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:23 PM   #17  

HEY! Where is everyone? There are always messages here when I check in. Did you all type them in invisible ink (or invisible whatever)?

Pilates and zumba this morning. Today really got to me more than either day did last week. Totally worn out. Took a nice nap when I came home, but I'm still dragging.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:01 PM   #18  

Default Hey There

Right here Tammy,, I was here complaining two days ago. If it isn't IBS ,sore toes or my right arm hurting it is bound to be something else.. No one wants to hear about that.. I am prone to falls it seems. I tend to try and catch myself with my right arm.. Arthritis..
What are you planning for the 4th? Me ? It will just be another day.. I may broil us a steak.. Outside grill is just too much trouble.. I dread all the noise at night. Christie will not be a happy camper.They have fire works but, I won't go. I used to go when they had them down at the bayou. Now you have to go out to the pier/beach.. Too much traffic.
Kate .. What we eat sometimes upsets our stomach..I try to lose weight by eating more fiber etc. and it gives me IBS.. Can't win for losing..
We got lots of rain today.. I want it to let up this evening long enough for me to take out Christie.. Then it can rain all night..
Hello Everybody... Joanne
Old 07-01-2009, 07:59 AM   #19  

Auntie and I were both taking Immodium yesterday. I had to take 3. Eithe too much watermelon or something over the weekend with hard kernels.
No cookout tomorrow night-RAIN!
Don't tell your gyno you saw blood. He aked my if I wanted an endometrial biopsy-those hurt! he said to take 4 advil a half hour before. I guess 3 would do it!
Bob is flying home and Suzanne is flying to Montana.
The boy upstairs is 16. He has too many friends although things are calming down. And it's rent day again.
Computer was running too slow so I took off the Magic Jack. Don't think I have enough speed for it. I have to increase the speed or get rid of it.
We are liking our projector tv.
Mima
Old 07-01-2009, 09:55 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning everyone. Busy past few days for me. We've had soooo much rain it's hard to get anything accomplished. Not complaining though as we've needed the water here.
Tammy, haven't done the Zumba yet. I went to check out both locations where they have the classes and the schedules were different than what they advertised. The prices were different too. I'm much more impressed with the gym closest to my house....very friendly, with a wide range of age groups. The other place is called "Anytime Fitness" which I think is a chain. They were very expensive and not so impressive looking....loud music and crowded with too many fitness machines, etc. So, this gym I like is having a "special"...$30 for 30 days...full use of the facility including all fitness classes. That's what I'm signing up for today. The dilemma is that the zumba classes are only offered Thurs.@10:15 am and Fri. @9:00 am and 5:15 pm. That's back to back...not what I am up for. However, they do have a kickboxing class (ouch!!) on Tues. morning and a salsa/dance class on Monday morning so it looks like I will have to try one of those to break it up. Not sure if the kickboxing would be good for me...seems way too difficult for my old body! I'll talk to the ladies at the desk today when I sign up to get more information.
In the meantime, I had issues with the lawn company I hired to do my monthly treatments. They never called about my sickly Foxtail palm so I had to wait around Monday afternoon for a new tree company. Finally got all that taken care of yesterday, fired the other company and took on the new company which will do a total treatment plan that includes my trees, shrubs, lawn and irrigation. This new company is customer service oriented which is what I prefer. And then yesterday afternoon, the rescue trucks, police and such were at one of the neighbors house. It appears outr neighbor George died and they were taking him out on a "board" while trying to recessitate him. Unfortunately, we learned last evening he didn't make it. The drama has been very high around here past couple of days! I definitely need a vacation.....
At least my tummy has calmed down. I ate more salad and veggies past couple of days and that seems to have brought me back to normal. I must have been eating too many carbs and not enough veggies. I'm still struggling with this shoulder though. It doesn't look like it's going to get better and I am sure I will have to do the orthopedic thing very soon. It just seems that everytime I make a major change in my life/routine, something interferes with it, like an injury or unexpected event.....what is up with that I wonder? Karma???
Making sugar-free banana nut muffins today. I freeze the bananas that get too ripe to eat in "vacuumn" ziplock bags and use them to bake with. I use whole wheat flour, splenda, buttermilk and canola oil. They're yummy and hubby likes to take them to work. Hope everyone enjoys the day...we're getting more rain this afternoon. Guess we aren't in a drought condition anymore!! Need a kayak to get the mail!!
Old 07-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #21  

Joanne, Tim's fiance and her mother will be here this weekend, so I'm not sure what all is planned. Her mom has never been here, so I know they plan to show her around the area. (that should take a few minutes! lol) Will the fireworks be at the beach where you, Eleni, and I drove when I was there? I know Maurice wouldn't like the noise either. He was scared today of a motorcycle. He's getting used to the trains though since they go near here several times a day/night. It rained during the night here last night, and I didn't even get up to shut windows. Too tired to crawl out of bed!

Mima, glad you are liking the tv! Having a 16 year old living upstairs would make things interesting that's for sure.

Kate, I've heard of Anytime Fitness. In our aerobics class, the instructor did different things with us, and kickboxing was one of the things we tried. It was ok, but it really wasn't for me. I'm too old for that! The dance class might be like zumba, so that would be good doing them a few days apart. Sorry to hear about your neighbor! I think a vacation would be a good thing for you. Want to come to Ohio? lol I need to make some muffins. Tim and I were talking about that because I used to make healthy ones alot. Need to do that!

I am going to make sure that I take a granola bar to eat between classes tomorrow. Tuesday we didn't have a break at all, and I really felt bad afterwards. I drove through McDonalds and got one of the fruit and yogurt parfaits and sat and ate it. Felt better after a while.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:15 AM   #22  

Good morning all...just a quickie this morning as I am off to my first Zumba class. This ought to be interesting. I've got the entire gym at my disposal for 30 days with this promotional thing. They even schedule you for a free personal trainer to show you which machines to use and how they operate. I'd just like to get through this damce class first!! I'm not sure I am willing or able to devote more than a couple of days a week to this class stuff. I've still got my elliptical sitting in the corner collecting dust if I feel I need more.
Weather still hot and humid here. No rain yesterday but more due this afternoon and all weekend. No plans for hubby and I...he's got Friday off for a long weekend but we are not planning anything. Hope everyone enjoys the day. I'm going to go sweat my butt off!!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #23  

Kate, I'm excited that you are giving zumba a try! Hope you like it as much as I do. I just smile the whole time or maybe I'm laughing at how uncoordinated I am. That is great about getting someone to show you how to use everything. I need to do that at the Y. I knew how to use the machines many years ago when I had the membership, but I have forgotten how to do some of them.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:16 AM   #24  

Good morning-it takes me so long to get on the website-or any one for that matter. I also think I had a virus because I kept getting closed down but I downloaded Stinger from McAfee and I seem to be ok. But I also installed IE 8-I think it has too much stuff.
Jim surprised Suzanne by scheduling a week at a ranch in Montana. They have pics riding horses-oh my butt!! She was very happy-she also had her luggage lost but has it now.
I lost it with the teenager-the house was shaking and there were 3 kids up there-his mom said 2-I thought she said 0.
The grandfather is coming next week so it will be quieter. Would be at the camp but it is always raining.
Making fruit kabobs for tonight and tomorrow. Gotts get some grapes -I have fresh pineapple, watermelon and cantelope/ I put them on skewers.
I cooked beets yesterday and saved the juice for Sunday school-we are going to dye some white cloth like Lydia did in the Bible. Got to make sure kids stay clean!!!
Cookout at Bobby's and I heard there was going to be sun,
Everyone have a good weekend-Mima
Old 07-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #25  

Mima, that's cool about Jim surprising Suzanne! I agree about the horses. Ouch! Fruit kabobs are yummy. The beets sound good too.

Finishing up getting the house ready for company this weekend. It looks better than it did, but there are still a few things to take care of.

Hope everyone has a good Friday and a great weekend!
Old 07-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #26  

Good morning all. Another cloudy day in Florida! Rain due most of the weekend too. Oh well, will keep those sparks from the fireworks from setting fires I hope.
Zumba class was fun yesterday. I didn't do too badly considering I haven't had any structured exercise for a long time. The instructor is Hispanic so it was very hard to understand her...she did a lot of pointing to get you to go in the right directions! I didn't realize a body held that much water!!!(sweat!!!) I was going to do the "Muscleworks" class this morning but decided I better not push my luck...the shoulder botherd me last night during the night. They do have a "Stretch and Strengthen" class Mon-Wed-Fri morning I might try....maybe 2 of those and 1 Zumba. Had a good workout though.
Got up this morning to find a baby bird next to the garage door. Called the Humane Society here and they had me put it in a box, tied to a tree out front. According to them, the mother bird will find a way to get it back to the nest?? Not so sure about that...although I can hear the baby bird chirping from inside my office and hubby said the mother bird was in the tree with it. Breaks my heart to deal with these kinds of things. I have always been an animal lover...even at an early age I had something going on with animals. My mom said I even used to have little funerals for dead grasshoppers and such. Personally, I think I was a strange little kid! I just hope I don't have to deal with a dead baby bird! All I can hear is this poor thing chirping so I may have to leave the office in a minute....
Hubby has been very grumpy last few days. He does have the next three days off but if he doesn't get with the program and "lighten-up"....he'll soon be wishing he was at work!
There just seems to be too much going on around here lately and I am going to need some de-stressing soon. Maybe a trip to a Montana ranch? Sounds great to me!
Went to trim Queenie's nails yesterday and cut one of her nail quicks. Blood everywhere! I was on my hands and knees scubbing the spots out of the carpet,washing the mattress pad and mopping the tile floors. Wow, do those things bleed alot! Last time I will do that....will pay to have it done from now on. So, as you can see...very busy/stressful past couple of days around here! Maybe I should go stay at Mima's instead....I could help straighten out those teenage tenants! Great way to de-stress, huh?
Going to try to disappear somewhere in the house...avoid the telephone and confrontations. Hubby wants me to cut his hair...tee hee...yeah, I'll cut it alright....tee hee...
Old 07-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #27  

Hmmm ... my whole life is between a zumba and a fumba (or maybe a dumba) Those kabobs sound good, but don't like beets. I DO know what you're saying about your mom, though. My mom had 2 strokes plus rehab and had to move in with me for awhile before she died. She had to have help to bathe and couldn't even cut up her food. Still, we kept her out of a nursing home. She died in the hospital. We do what we can until we can't do.

Things are still the same here. Still going over and 'doing what we can.' Hubby is over there now. I'm holding together ... got good glue. (About to crack.) Had Jenna 3 days this week. DIL & son bought 2 puppies for kids ... then decided to go to her sisters next weekend in FL (they have an apt.) Guess who they are leaving the puppies with. My fault ... I said I would keep them. They are the cutest little things. ****zu, 7 weeks, 1lb each. Adorable. More work. Stupid. Yell at me! FOUR DOGS!!! Oh well, you live & you learn then you die and you forget it all. I told someone the other day life is mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter. I guess I should just be glad I have a life, there's a lot of lonely people sitting at home with no one to talk to and no where to go. I have family and friends running out my ears and more 'life' than I have time to live.

Hope y'all with the stomach aches are better and everyone has a bang-up of a 4th! Don't forget about the peppermint capsules. Those, pepcid and Imodium works well for me. Love you gals!

THAT'S TOO FUNNY ... I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY TOOK OUT THE ... S . H . I . T ... FROM S . H . I . T Z U.

Last edited by MemeToo; 07-03-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:14 AM   #28  

Good morning-go figure, my computer is fast today. I do think i had a virus because it's not shutting down all the time.
They are going to a rodeo and a 4th of July party in montana.
How to live like a cowboy!!
went to Bible study and we had asked him to start and end earlier, which we did. I woke up at 5 but I went back to bed and slept some more. Got to make a cake and fruit kabobs later. I brought some last night and they were much appreciated.
Going to see my great grandson today-Went to walmart and bought him some things-from Jessica's money.
Hope you enjoy your company, Tammy.
Go slow, Kate. Be aware of your shoulder when you exercise.
And nice to hear from you. Meme/ someday you will remember back at how hard it was but it will be over. My sil is very happy with the nursing home her dad is in. He has dementia so he is not totally aware of things.
Happy Fourth-isn't it a holiday in Canada too? Mima
Old 07-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #29  

Happy 4th of July everyone!! Cloudy here today so far....and very quiet too. That is amazing for a July 4th...no fireworks last night. They will probably make up for it tonight. We need some Americana type icons here....
Another bit of drama here. Had some of the porcelain chip off one of my old crowns. Fortunately the metal is effectively covering the tooth but I will need to have the old crown "grinded/ground" ?? off and a new one put on. They are charging me as much for just a new cover as they did for the original crown job! I suppose they have to take into consideration the work of getting the old one off. Just another day in paradise! Actually, I don't mind the expense as much as the thought of sitting in that dental chair for over an hour while they do the work! That will be the killer....as I have severe bruxism and my jaws can't keep my mouth comfortably open for that long. Oh well, need to get it done so I'll just put on my "big girl panties" and deal with it!!! Hubby goes for his first of two "scale" cleanings Monday afternoon. This will be a fast $1200 for our dentist between the two of us!!
Meme, hang in there. I'm sure you are doing all you can and it is appreciated by everyone you are helping. How brave you are to take on kids AND puppies!
Mima, I use Microsoft's "Windows One Live Care" as my antivirus,firewall, spyware agent. It is constantly running in the background when I turn on my computer. I pay a yearly subscription to keep it up-to-date with online services and it doesn't use a lot of space on my hard drive. Some of the antivirus software uses up a lot of rams which can slow your computer down.
Hope everyone enjoys their 4th of July...off to the store to pick up a few things and then out to the pool for some R&R....
Old 07-04-2009, 11:06 AM   #30  

Default Hey There

Meme- Yes I will yell at you.. Four dogs!! One is all I can take care of.. Don't they have places there to board pets? Hope they are house trained.. You will have a star in heaven for all the things you do for your family.
Tammy- It is good that you have company this weekend. I hope you do have a great weekend. Your exercise classes sound like you are really having fun. I could never do them.
Kate- Baby birds fall out of the nest all the time around here.. Mama bird usually takes care of them. There was a family of cardinals eating at my feeders.. A bluejay decided to get his share. I watched as the papa bird stood above the baby with his wings spread out and in a attack mode..Very interesting .. Oh yes. You haven't really lived till the hubby retires.. Mine never had any hobbies so he was under foot constantly. Still is.. I hope for your sake he will want to travel and get involved..
Mima- I hope your 4th will be nice. We are just going to stay home and take things as if it is just another day.. Christie will not be too happy when the fireworks starts in the areas around us. The city is not doing them this year.. But the neighbors will make up the difference as always. One year the people across the street were shooting them up right over our house.. I was not a happy camper..
Hello Happy
Joanne
Closed Thread