3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   PHYSICAL CHALLENGES ~ May's Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/170554-physical-challenges-%7E-mays-thread.html)

meowee 05-25-2009 09:49 AM

Just a quick little :wave:

I'm definitely with you all in spirit, gang . . . :grouphug: . . . unfortunately the flesh part is still feeling a bit weak.

purpleorc 05-25-2009 12:25 PM

Hi Ladies and good afternoon

I was a bit late coming on here today as normally when I come on here DH and I were out in garden. DH was mowing the lawn and I was chief supervisor ;) The council had cut the lawn the other day but unfortunately they leave the grass. He tried a couple of days ago to rake one of the lawns and all he got for his troubles was a big blister. He has to be careful as he has high percentage of burnt skin although the accident occurred years ago and it is healed wonderfully the skin is fragile. The skin now that has had the blister on will take weeks to heal much longer than most folk do thats for sure.

Been lazy on the food front as I had a prepared home cooked meal that I just had to zap in the microwave and reheat some gravy. I have the same for tomorrow as that is my treatment day so I always want something that is quick so it fits the bill. If I cook a meal I often cook extra so that I can plate it and have it later in the week. Or I will plate the vegetables then just cook either something meat or vegetable dish to go with it. It saves on the electric but more importantly it gives me time away from the kitchen. It is my version of a prepackaged meal but at half the cost plus it is healthy.

Tonight I will endeavour to go to bed early as I am up early, I have already been organised and made sandwiches to take with. This is because DH does voluntary work at the centre and he works over the lunch time period. If I didn't take sandwiches and a yoghurt I would be tempted to go dibbing in the biscuit tin which is sitting right next to where I am situated.

MEOWEE Nice that you have managed to drop by, I have been thinking of you. I know that it takes a long while to recover from this. I have been vaccinated for pneumonia :crossed: I will not get it. Though the vaccine is not 100% effective. My doctor recommended I had that and the flu jab. So one day on visiting the doctor I ended up with two jabs which was rather unexpected I must say.

ROSEBUD Never heard of the dish creole pasta, I don't know what made me think that it was a fish based dish with something like prawns. Like you say it is an excellent meatless dish that is health providing you don't go to heavy on the cheese and maybe weight that out so not to be heavy handed like me :o

I see your DH is going to be busy the next few day erecting a garden shed. Like you say it will give excellent storage for those things you want to keep. Wow your ready to lay the floor on your cottage. I am sure your looking forward to the day it is completed and you can have breaks away.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DH "now I have heard of ladies knocking years off their age" ;) I must own up I have to stop and think. I can work out DH quicker than my own as he was born in 1960 and I was born in 1964. I normally now make on my DH birthday a fatless cake such as a swiss roll mix to make the treat not so calorific. I then put a thin layer of a good quality jam, not so nice as the cakes I used to make in the past by it is the thought that counts. His eyes light up at the sight of cake so it makes my day.

No further new to tell here or gossip for that matter ;) So take care till next time

:wave:purpleorc :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy 05-25-2009 10:49 PM

:wave: HI LADIES ~ well, we had one long day today; we woke up to clear skies and sunshine so DH wanted to go to the lot and boy, he got a lot done. We were gone almost 12 hours in total including travelling time. He got one row of cross-blocks done as a brace for the floor (only one left to do); and he unloaded all the wood on top of that as well. He was one very tired puppy tonight. Made him a quick dinner of his SUPER DOGS and then he sauntered off to bed. I just had a toasted BLT for dinner as we didn't get home until just shy of 9 pm.

HI MEOWEE ~ glad that you popped in and let us know how you are doin' ... still been sending up prayers for you for restored health. There have been some real doozy flues going around this year and that 'SWINE FLU' has been going around as well, but they now think that it has been around for a while (some years; that only makes sense really). Hope you are getting lots of rest and taking good care of yourself too.

HI PURPLE ~ I should explain that DH is 62 y/o this year; he thought he was only turning 61 and kept telling people that and I had to convince him that 2009-1947 is 62! ;) Once he saw it on his calculator, he believed it; I think it bothers him a bit that he's in his sixties. I try to encourage him to remember that his grandfather lived until his nineties, and one of his Aunties is there or almost there now also. This is the first time that I have ever heard his age bother him so far; and I tell him that he's just a young chickadee ... ;)

I don't know if we have a vaccine for pneumonia here; I'm sure with having MS, your doctors would recommend that to you. I was reading a news release that says these pervailing flues and viruses are especially hard on seniors and those with compromised immune systems (like cancer survivors) and those with other underlying illnesses (and MS may be one of several of them).

Yes, I served that pasta dish in a bowl to make the serving seem bigger than it was; but it is very filling anyways and healthy too. We don't put very much cheese in it; just enough for flavor and some creaminess. I don't have any quick dinner in the freezer right now; usually I do, but had run out. This week I'll do up a roast or something like that and make something out of that as well. I do have one chicken that could be baked as well one day we are home, but would need some other dish to go with that.

These long days away make it harder to prepare a dinner that is quick when you get home so late; don't want to be eating at 10 o'clock at night. As it was, it was pretty late tonight, so we opted for something quick that wasn't too unhealthy. DH wanted homefries & gravy last weekend, but next time, I think I'll opt for something healthier for myself.

Well, I spent some time cleaning and organizing my Dad's cottage a bit, so got a bit of a work out today and a little bit of walking in. I hope to increase the walking each time I go out to get myself going again. The weather stayed pretty nice and around 7 pm, there was a lovely rainbow around the sun with lovely clouds that looked like rays eminating from the sun down to the earth; next time, I will have to take my digital camera with me to get a picture of phenomena like that.

WEll, it's time to go put my tired legs and feet up; take good care ladies and be well ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

ronni62 05-26-2009 12:10 PM

Hello, Everyone! Sounds like everyone has been very busy over the weekend! That's good, as I'm sure it keeps us out of trouble;)! Spent Friday at Mayo Clinic with FIL and SIL. He had more tests and unfortunately, they found that the lung cancer is the small cell carcinoma, which is very fast growing and fast spreading and has already metastasized to his brain. He has a PET scan today and DH has gone up to help his sister with their dad, as he has to use a wheelchair to go more than 20 or 30 feet. He's scheduled to begin chemo this Friday, but the oncologist says that depends on what these last tests show, but in reality, he's only expected to live at most with treatment about 6-9 months. :cry:

We did try to do some things to keep from dwelling on the negative and focus on the boys a little. Saw the new "Night at the Museum" movie- it was pretty good. I do like Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller. They're just funny to me!

We also had a small fire in our backyard and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows last evening, which is just a relaxing thing we try to do frequently during the summer. Good thing we did it then, as it started raining later and was still raining when we got up this morning-and cooler too:p.

Well, must go. Really hope Meowee keeps getting better (you've been in my thoughts and prayers) and Rosebud and Purple recover from the activities (don't get run down and catch something!). Hi to Val and Beverlyjoy and Numpster, too! Have a really nice Tuesday! Oh, and Happy Birthday to Rosebud's DH!

purpleorc 05-26-2009 01:27 PM

Hi Ladies

Good afternoon, well this is a swift call I am afraid as today I had treatment so doesn't leave a whole host of time. Though I wanted to drop by if I could to pop in a small post. Afraid no time for personal replies today so I will have to leave that to next time.

Today has turned out to be a nice day though a little on the windy side I must admit. I definitely need DH to keep me upright on more that one occasion as we walked to the car from the treatment centre. Normally for me my lunch time at the treatment centre is quiet as others are having their treatment. So often I am out in the seating area alone. Though today I had two fellow MSer's to talk to. One had had treatment with me and the other was waiting for her friend who brings her. Normally she has oxygen therapy but she had block up feeling in her nose. If you are the slightest bit congested it will catch you out and give you pain in the ears. So we all steer clear not being fond of pain any of us :D

We are going in the next ten minutes to go and play card so will be out for the best part of this evening. So as you see a full day for me on a Tuesday. I certainly take no rocking that night when I go to bed I can assure you.

Time to run otherwise I will be late :o So take care ladies and I will drop by soon

Justwant2Bhealthy 05-26-2009 08:02 PM

:wave: HI LADIES ~ we stayed home to rest today; my feet were really bothering me and DH was very tired also. DH ran a few errands for me today while I tried to catch up on our laundry. While doing the floors, I just let it pile up a bit -- did a couple of loads today and will do a couple more later in the week as well. Thankfully, we have enuff clothes and linen that we never have to worry about running out, but I had lost some clothes while moving things around, but we eventually found them today. We had more than normal as we changed the linen again when we moved the bed; and I like to change my bedspread set in the summer to a lighter one and we put away the heavy comforters, so they have to be washed up too.

Anyways, we had a really healthy dinner of nice tender sirloin steak (DH had hamburger steak), mushrooms & onions & kniblets corn, and other veggies (sliced tomatoes & cucumber) on the side; so had a good OP day today. I had to put my legs up for a couple of hours this aft, and will again as soon as I post here and have my evening tea. Not much else to report here as it seems we need at least a day to recuperate after a long day at the lot. We may follow last year's schedule again, so we don't totally wear ourselves out.

HI RONNI ~ glad things are going well for you and yours; and yes, we are keeping tres busy and I like that. DH says thanks for the birthday wishes, and says that he's aging too fast and not looking forward the next one, but I'll keep encouraging him about that too. Sounds like you had some fun with the boys; that's a good way to alleviate some of the stress you've all been under lately. I'm kind of glad that they may try the chemo for your FIL, esp if he wants to try it; will continue to send up prayers for him and your family. :hug:

HEY PURPLE ~ nice of you to stop by when you have such a busy day and I know Tuesday is one for you. So glad that you have met so many people at the treatment center that you can talk with about MS, and compare your experiences with them too. Yes, my legs have been bothering me too; the stairs at my Dad's cottage are way too steep for me, and they stress my legs and feet every time I go there. DH says that he wants to build some better ones with rails on each side for added support.

Anyways, it's time to go rest again; put my feet up and maybe do a puzzle and some reading too. Oh and have some tea too! Take good care and have a great evening ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

purpleorc 05-27-2009 09:06 AM

Hi Ladies

What a miserable day weather wise it is blowing a gale which makes it feel cold not to mention the rain showers that we keep having. So all in all a horrid day. I feel sorry though for my two nieces who have gone to a seaside resort of Skegness. They have gone on this trip as one of their sisters is disabled and it gives the girls a breakaway from them. Though the child whom is disabled does not need huge amounts of care unlike some children. Children whom have siblings who have life threatening diseases it has more of an impact on them. My niece whom is disabled has something called Perthes Disease which effects the hips and makes them soft. They are not able to walk so far and get pain from this. I hope they have an enjoyable day despite the weather. I will have to ask the girls what other activities they had to choose from to do.

Just finished my weekly shopping trip it was rather busy in the shop today. Tried to find disabled parking which was mission impossible I am afraid so DH parked as near as he could to the entrance for me. On returning from the shopping trip I have taken out some frozen mince beef ready to make a bolognese tomorrow. I am making a batch of it so the remainder will go in the freezer for a later date.

RONNI Well more time today so I can answer your post you made the other day. Sorry about the news of your FIL, it is always tough when loved ones are sick. You feel helpless as there is not a lot you can do beside be there for them which in my professional opinion means a lot to the person concerned. The most important thing is to stay as positive as possible and have things for FIL to look forward to. People who have things to look forward to do so much better then those who don't have those goals to strive for. Not sure if I have made that very clear as to what I mean but it is difficult to put into words. I will be thinking of you during this time.

I see you have been busy of late by the sounds of it. I have seen night of the museum but not the sequel to it, I noticed it has been advertise in the UK on billboards. The last film I watch was star trek :o I know but I like the star trek series for my sins :D The last film I saw with Owen Wilson in was Marley and me. Oh boy did it has some funny moments in and anyone with a dog could relate to some of the antics they get up to.

ROSEBUD Nice today to have the time to answer posts today I must admit. I see your DH is 62 the same age as friends of ours who hopefully we will see playing cards tonight. Well when I say same age one is 62 the other 62 in December. Yes your DH does have long living relatives on his side of the families. My great grandfather and grandma got to the age of 81. Otherwise my Dad is the longest living one after that and he is 75 now. So not so favourable on ages in my family I am afraid biggest killer being heart disease. I am glad now that I have lost the bulk of my weight at least that way I will have reduced my risk. The one thing now is that there have been so many advancements in medicine we all tend to live longer at one time 62 may have seemed old but now it is regarded as young when many are now living into their 90's or even 100's

Yes my doctor recommended that I have the vaccine for pneumonia as MS is an autoimmune disease. With my immune system being somewhat impaired I had the vaccine as a precaution. DH also has the flu jab even though he is at low risk but because of me it is highly recommended he has it. It took me all my time to persuade him to have it as he had heard some stories of people who had the vaccine then getting a cold. I eventually told him that it has nothing to do with the vaccine getting a cold and that that person would have got the cold regardless of the vaccine. The most this vaccine may do is just make you feel generally off colour but nothing more than that and that would last no more than 48 hours. Fortunately he had nothing more than a reaction to the injection site which came in the form of a lump than went down in a couple of days. This area was painful to touch but apart from that nothing more.

Gosh busy time up at the lot doing work, it was a long day not to mention tiring. I know how tiring long days can be from traveling doing deliveries. No wonder early bed was in order that night. Well it is another step closer to it becoming useable for breaks away.

Just before going to bed last night I was reading a magazine called ABLE which is about disabled issues and people. I noticed their was an article on spina bifidia. It was getting to late to read it last night so I will save it for later today. This is a free magazine which I picked up at the MS centre or you can pick up at the shop mobility I have noticed.

Time to go and get the needle and cotton out. Need to do a small alteration on a half slip. Just walked outside the house today and guessed what happened. I found the slip around my ankles :o It is a size 14/16 but it is a little on the big side though if I go a size smaller I feel it will be too tight. So I am going to put a small tuck in the waistband to stop further incidences of red face ;) Bye ladies till next time

Justwant2Bhealthy 05-27-2009 05:45 PM

:wave: HI LADIES ~ we had lovely :sunny: weather today and warm temps too with a pleasant light breeze. I could only sit on the deck a little while as the south sun was hot, but it would be nice now as the sun is on the west side. One nice thing is that the hot southern sun doesn't come into our house directly becuz of a nice soffat and fascia (I'm not sure which part is the part that sticks out though, the soffat or the fascia, but fascia sounds right -- :lol:). So, we can see the sun and get the bright light from the sun, but not the heat; that will be good for the hotter summer months.

DH went to the old farm and picked up the wood needed to rebuild the steps on my Dad's cottage and start the small shed. Right now, he is helping our landlord with some project; not sure what it is though. So we hope to go up to the lot one more day this week, but not sure which one it will be as a friend of DH's needs his help for something tomorrow.

Anyways, I just stayed home and did small chores around here. We are having some lovely boneless and skinless chicken breasts with roasted veggies tonight for dinner (carrots, onions, celery, cauliflower, broccoli, and new potatoes). I also made some of my very own special coleslaw that I call --"HEAVENLY COLESLAW". I made two small batches for the week using my new mini-hand chopper/whizzer thingy I got for Christmas, but if I was making a large batch, I would use my regular Food Processor (FP).

HEAVENLY COLESLAW:

1/4 large red/purple cabbage, minced in Food Processor
2 x carrots, peeled and minced in FP
1 small onion, also minced in FP
*salad dressing of choice*

*I like to use either Miracle Whip salad dressing or light CEASAR salad dressing you buy from the store. You could also make your own light version of dressing with oil & vinegar and herbs OR light sour cream with herbs too. Also, if I am making this for a crowd (which isn't too often these days), I add some green minced cabbage too. This is a very bright and pretty coleslaw and the onion makes it nice and pungent too, just the way we like it. ;)

I prepare this ahead with no dressing and keep it in sealed containers in the fridge. It will keep at least a week in the fridge very well, but I eat it almost every day so it goes pretty quickly. Just before serving, I mix in my dressing of choice for that day.

HI PURPLE ~ Yes, even DH's mother lived to her early eighties, plus his Dad lived until he was 77 y/o and he had lots of bad health all through his life. DH is blessed that while he looks like his Dad in many ways (facial features and extremities), he has inherited his slim body and thick hair from his mother and grandfather, who both lived right long lives; and he has had pretty good health most of his life, especially since he stopped smoking over 6 years ago.

That is why I am trying to eat heathier now, as they say every lb less helps our longevity that much more; as does just eating well itself. DH used to have an issue with cholesterol, but that has been remedied by our change in diet as has my blood sugar levels.

BBL ... DH came home; had to go put supper on the table; it was lovely. Dishes done and now Dh is searching high & low for my sewing baskets which are somewhere in never-never land (aka -- the sheds). :lol: Someday, I will have all my stuff back!

Never heard of that magazine called ABLE; maybe they have a net site somewhere. Maybe I'll try and google that later too. Hope you have a lovely time playing cards tonight.

Anyways, not much else going on here; the sun is getting pretty hot out there; think I'm gonna have to pick up a window blind for my kitchen window as that western sun comes beating down on us and the temps go up to the roof. ;)

DH just came in: he found the sewing basket (thank you, helping Angels). Hope all you ladies are feeling better today; have a lovely evening and a good day tomorrow as well. :hug: ROSEBUD :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy 05-28-2009 11:46 AM

PURPLE ~ did you happen to catch a UK documentary that aired yesterday (Wednesday, May 27, 2009) called "10 Things You Need To Know About Losing Weight"?

The show does have a net site, but I can't watch videos on my PC (not enuff speed or something like that, so I'm told). I heard about this show on another thread and this is all I could find out so far, but I would really like to know the other tips and more specific details about them, if you can find them out for me, I would appreciate it a lot; so thanks, in advance --

1) journaling what we eat is often very inaccurate, as we often way underestimate how much we actually eat each day. I know that I have found that myself as well.

2) eating soup has a physical benefit to help us feel fuller (which I have already noticed and that's why I have soup almost every day).

3) changing little things in your daily routine can help you burn more calories (walking instead of taking a ride; using stairs instead of elevators; and I'm sure there are many more, and would like to know what they are ...)

4) eating low-fat dairy products helps to extract fat from 'other' foods we eat as well (would like to know what specific dairy items they are talking about).

5) how the brain reacts when we skip meals (I have always believed that it thinks we are starving, and panics by lowering our metabolism to save on energy, which doesn't help us lose weight at all). So I believe that we need to eat more often, not less (grazing on smaller amounts and on healthier foods).

PS ~ I found the site for the 'ABLE' Magazine by googling it last night; and was able to read an article by a man who has spina bifida who is a farmer (works with his Dad on the family farm); and he also started his own MOBILITY AIDS company in the UK, so that he could find better quality wheelchairs to help him get around on their farm. 'Find a need and fill it', comes to mind ...

:hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

purpleorc 05-28-2009 03:14 PM

Hello fellow chicks

Rather late for me coming on here today just things got in the way as life can do.

It started off with some sad news unfortunately my next door neighbour whom had been in hospital for over 8 weeks was discharged on Friday after having open heart surgery to drain the heart and repair the tear in it. On Monday evening Steve passed away at around 8pm when his wife had gone for a shower. His wife Audrey told us this morning things are still up in the air for her as it has gone to inquest so thus a post mortem will be carried out. Until this post mortem has taken place a death certificate can not be issued so hence you can not plan any further with the funeral. I will sorely miss him as he was a kind and friendly neighbour and you could not wish for better.

Took a walk today whilst the weather has been good and saw how the work is progressing on the traffic calming scheme on our road. It is coming to a close by the looks of it and today they filled one of the two raised areas next to our house. It still has a cage around it which I suspect will stay like that until it is completely hardened off. This afternoon I have done the ironing but this morning did some washing. Not washing I had planned but our Rizzie is off colour and was sick over the throwover. Good job the weather was good drying weather as it is quite thick bed linen to dry. He has spent most of the day asleep and generally not himself. Not poorly enough to take to the vet but I am keeping a close eye on him. He does not appear to have a temperature and his appetite is somewhat reduced.

ROSEBUD I read the article on spina bifida which was different from the one you came across on the internet. The one I read told you of the different types of this condition and what effect it may have on a person with it. It told you of the known causes and ways to reduce the chances of this. It when on to explain the risks if you all ready had one child with the condition and what was the likelihood it may occur again. Then it went on to explain the probable treatments the child may need if born with this condition. To be honest I leant quite a bit for starter I though there was only one form of spina bifida but this is not the case as I read in the article.

No I did not see the UK documentary on the BBC called "10 Things You Need To Know About Losing Weight"? Though I should be able to view it for myself through the BBC iplayer. BBC iplayer is on the BBC site and it allows you to watch programmes that you have missed off that channel. Yes it is highly likely you would have been unable to watch it as if I remember right you are on dial up which is not fast enough to watch this. I am unable to watch from the BBC programmes that are in "high Definition" even though I have broadband it just is not quick enough. I certainly will be interested in watching it as I think it will prove interesting. I then will be able to glean the information that your interested in too.

Thanks for the recipe we do not have miracle whip or the caesar dressing here in the UK. I do not like anything like salad cream or mayonnaise for that matter. I think I would like something that is vinegar based type dressing for this.

Enjoyed my playing cards last night though neither of us did any good last night. Did have one or two nice hands of cards to play. The main thing for me is the company and getting away from the 4 walls (house)

No further news so till next time take care

Justwant2Bhealthy 05-28-2009 06:38 PM

HI PURPLE ~ I managed to find the list after searching the net; and another lady (ANGELEYEZX) helped me with the last one. So here's the full list for --

10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT --

1) Journal EVERYTHING you eat -- journaling what we eat is often very inaccurate; we often way underestimate how much we eat each day (up to 40-60% each day). Be sure to mark down every snack and nibble and dab of sauce you eat ...

2) Eat lots of Soup -- eating soup has a physical benefit to help us feel fuller longer (which I have already noticed and I have soup almost every day). Soup stays in the stomach longer than regular food + water.

3) Make small Changes in your daily activities -- changing little things in your daily routine can help you burn more calories (walking instead of taking a ride; using stairs instead of elevators; walk while on the phone or talking; walk while taking breaks; count daily chores as activities, spreading them over the week, etc).

4) Eat LOW-FAT dairy products -- helps to extract fat from 'other' foods we eat as well. The calcium binds with the fat from other foods we eat and cannot be digested, so it is eliminated from the body (good to know). {the reason for eating low-fat dairy is to make sure you don't gain from the fat in the dairy itself, ie lowfat Yogurt, skim milk, lowfat cottage cheese & sour cream and creme fraiche, and cheeses, etc}

5) Don't Skip Meals -- the brain reacts when we skip meals ~ it thinks we are starving and actually URGES us to eat high-fat foods to get some nourishment.

6) Eat Much Less -- watch how many calories you eat over all; many people think they have a slow metabolism when they don't. Larger people have a higher metabolism, and even though they may be as active as a slimmer counterpart, slim people just eat much less (up to 50% less each day).

7) Watch Your Portions -- use smaller plates and bowls (measure amounts); and watch out for super-sizing: choose the small size of all servings.

8) Limit Variety and Choice -- can encourage us to eat too much ie buffets, bbq's, potlucks, and freebees. Remember to choose lean proteins, low cal veggies, and low-fat dairy meals; and watch portions (one smaller plate).

9) Eat More Lean Protein -- in all your meals; protein helps you to feel fuller much longer, ie ham and eggs is a better breakfast than puffy cereal and orange juice for satiety.

10) Do some kind of regular exercise each day -- (ie many experts recommend at least 60 minutes now); as the effect can last overnight and well into the next day. Carbs are used up first; then later on, fat stores are used up until we re-fuel again.

Many of these we already know, but it was interesting to learn the scientific proofs behind some of the research done on these aspects. They didn't study a lot of people, but I guess they just wanted to test out some theories.

purpleorc 05-28-2009 06:51 PM

Hi ladies

I'm back like the proverbial bad penny just for a short post

I have watched the programme about 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT. I wrote a detailed account of the information given on the programme and found out that you have beaten me Rosebud to imparting the information to the group.

One or two of the facts I knew like the soup and I had heard about diary providing you choose low fat varieties did something to the fat in our bodies. Some of the issues mentioned I did not know about like the after burn of calories after you have done some exercise. This is interesting to know. I will think I will try and encorporate a little more activity into my day. Maybe not sit for such long periods just get up and have a little walk about in the house or walk up the garden path and back. I often walk about whilst I am on the telephone :D

Well time for my bed as I am getting tired now so take care ladies till next time

Justwant2Bhealthy 05-28-2009 07:04 PM

THANKS PURPLE ~ thanks so much for taking the time to watch the program for us and write the notes too. I agree some of the stuff is very interesting. Hope you have a lovely sleep tonight and a good rest ... :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy 05-29-2009 10:13 AM

:wave: GOOD MORNING LADIES ~ we had :rain: all day yesteday, so I just stayed home and did stuff around here. DH had to go help a friend out and they did very well, but they both got drenched in the process. Had a good OP day yesterday as well; that's three in a row, at least. I'm trying to tweak things a bit more to see if that helps for awhile. DH is running some errands as we speak.

We woke up to :rain: again this morning, but it has stopped for quite a while; yet it is still cloudy out there. Maybe it will clear up sometime before the day is out. Gonna go and put on some laundry right now. Have a great day -- and I'll try to come by later tonight too ...

purpleorc 05-29-2009 05:56 PM

Hi Ladies

Good evening well nearly bedtime here for me :o Been busy today this morning did the laundry and popped it out on the line. Then cooked dinner so that was the morning gone in a flash. The weather has been glorious today so excellent drying weather. Made the most of the most of the weather and took a walk this afternoon to pick up my prescription. I had to rest part way going round the pub walk makes an excellent perch for me believe it or not a I was a good girl not a drop of alcohol passed my lips :rofl:

Try to incorporate some of the ideas from the show today so have kept on the move a lot more than normal. I have made a carrot, leek and parsnip soup for tomorrow and the next day. I have pureed it as recommended to make it last longer in the system. Not such a good day on the food front I must admit though I have been on plan all this week so hopefully this will score me some brownie points ;) Tomorrow I will incorporate some more low fat dairy produces. I know this is an area I can work on, I have a tendency to steer away. Not because I think they are fattening or anything like that. Ever since I was in my early teens I have been reluctant to eat those sorts of foods. I take tea and coffee black and virtually have only a splash of milk in my cereal and would need a magnify glass to see it :mag: I checked the measurement of my lunch plate as they recommended reducing the standard 12" to 10". My plate I use on a daily basis is 9" so I am ok there. We do not skip meals as I need to eat regularly with having tablets to take 4 hourly.

Spent ages peeling carrots nearly 40 minutes as that is what we had in the soup plus for lunch tomorrow. I have prepared most of the vegetables for tomorrow lunch just to make it a wee bit easier. Tomorrow need to get some bread to eat with the soup so I expect we will take a walk to the local shops. There is a cafe with outside seating if I need to take a break or a bench just down the road from there. With the weather being warm it is beginning to affect my MS if it gets any warmer then the air con machine will take an outing from its chubby hole.

Good for you Rosebud having 3 days on plan that is excellent news. More days we can both string together the better. Hope the little tweaks to your menu pays dividends. What sorts of things have you done? It is the small changes that we make in our life that make all the difference. That way we are more likely to stick with the healthy eating plan as you have time to adapt to them. I know that helped for me though still have to be mindful and probably always will be with the tendency to overeat thus put on weight. Been watching all this week Britain's got talent maybe you have something similar in your country to view on television.

Well time for my bed so good night ladies here from England and me :D Till next time take care and look after yourselves