Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 05:22 AM   #46  

Still very cold, go for my MRI tonight, DS#1 will take me and DS #2 will be there working and said he'd come check on me if he gets abreak.

Got the water dried up and some ginger spice cookies baked..messed up the flour but figured it out and they are great. Gotta go wrap and rest.

Last edited by Candicej; 12-22-2008 at 05:23 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:38 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good day everyone! Candice, I would have gone balistic with that water all over a new carpet!! Sounds like it might have come from around the fireplace somewhere. Maybe the flashing on the chimney outside where it joins the roof? Wind could have driven water in there, froze to ice and then melted? Fireplaces are notorious for leaking when a house settles....did you have it inspected when you bought the house? So sorry you are dealing with these issues, especially during the holidays! And then to fall on the ice...ouch!
I would love one of those "rainbow" vacuumns! I have an electrolux that is so old...but you just can't kill those things so I can't justify buying a new vacuumn until this one stops working. Maybe someday!
Mima, I have a wireless mouse and keyboard and sometimes I could just throw them against the wall! I'll be typing away and find that most of the letters have been skipped over or only part of the sentence is there....and it's very frustrating. It only happens once in a while but always when I'm in a hurry and need to get moving. Go figure, right? I don't know what causes it, maybe the "signal" or something but it can be very annoying.
My neighbor is coming home from the hospital today. The tumor was twice the size they anticipated but it was removed. Not sure what the follow-up was yet though. I'm sure once he is home and comfortable, we will find out what the prognosis is. He's a tough character so I'm sure he'll bounce back.
Pizza party was fun Saturday night. Enjoyed having our friends and getting together but can honestly say I am tired of cooking and company. I am looking forward to a quiet few days to do some yard work and such. My "Queenie" loves all the attention she gets when I can take more time with her. Weather is very cool (65 "ish") and very windy which makes it seem cooler. Our forecast for Christmas Day is 80 degrees and sunny!! Suppose to warm up for the rest of the week.... Sorry, you "snow bunnies"! Hope everyone is enjoyinjg the day!!
Kate
Old 12-22-2008, 01:38 PM   #48  

I like Kate's theory about the fireplace and the flashing-but you are not going up there to check it!!!!
Went to Applebee's -I ate the not cooked enough squash and have a stomache ache. Took something.
Pt soon. I made the gingerbread only it was cake-not bread. They look lame but probably taste good-neighbor said it was good.
I am going to make the fudge Anne.
I had to do a phone interview for my new insurance policy and she asked so many questions!!! Friday they are coming to do an ekg and blood and urine. I don't care if I don't get the insurance because we didn't know if we should.
Have a nice day all-let us know about the MRI.Candice
Mima
Old 12-23-2008, 09:07 AM   #49  

Kate..we are thinking it might be the windows and settleing,since it was in all the rooms with south windows and the fireplace is only in one of them. Don't know who to call to find out..Holiday time noone wants to come. WE ahve bad wather again today sleet and snow and then snow on Wed and snow thur and rain is suppose to fall this weekend so we will see if it gets wet again. Kate can you swim in your weather outside?

Mima..they do ask alot of questions for insurance...When dh got his they kept turning him down and it was the insurances mans fault..didn't file something wright. So he hnd to give bloodand test 3 times!

MRI.. was hard to lay..had to think of something diff to get my mind off my pain and the box around my head. My back hurts bad now through my ribs and crk in my neck...Don't want to do thst again.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:39 AM   #50  

Good morning everyone! Another windy day here in Florida but warming up so not too bad. Candice, yes we can swim most of the year here with the exception of a few "cold spells" we get. Unfortunately, you need to heat the pool with an electric or gas heater because the air temp cools the water off too much at night. Our pool temp without any heat right now is about 69-70 degrees. Way too cold for those of us who have acclimated here! With the heater on, we can heat the pool to about 84 degress and that is perfect but because we don't swim this time of year, we only turn the heater on when we have company staying with us so they can enjoy swimming. Most of the days are warm and sunny but the nights can get chilly. As for your windows, I know Andersen windows themselves are guaranteed for a very long time but not if they were installed improperly. Too bad you couldn't go back on the builder for that. I am assuming they were installed by the original owners who had the house built? If you had them installed as a remodel, you can go back to the contractor for this issue. How did the MRI go? Always hated trying to hold still for those things, especially if you are in any pain when it is scheduled. I had my thoracic spine done last July and it was brutal! I hope all turns out okay.
My neighbor is feeling sore but good. He said he doesn't have to see the oncologist for 6 months which is a good sign. They are great neighbors and my hubby likes to sit and have beers with him on the weekends. Hope all is okay now.
Mima, your mention of gingerbread has giving me a craving!! I just bought some herbal "spiced" tea by Twinings(?) that I hope will do the trick. If not, I will make a small gingerbread cake and share it with neighbors so I can have a bite! I would like to make one more batch of fudge too. I'm just hesitant because I know I will eat some....got to keep focused on this diet!
Off to Sam's Club with hubby to pick up some supplies. Hate to shell out the money but it is so much easier to buy paper towels and toilet paper in bulk...saves lugging it home from the grocery store. Hope everyone enjoys their day.Kate

Last edited by Kate53; 12-23-2008 at 09:42 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #51  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody...Our daughter coming in today.. I am not ready.. Still got to go to grocery and Walmart again. Need to catch up ironing.. I may put that aside till after Christmas..Washed Christie.. I don't know how she gets dirty. The only time she has outside is our walks 4 times a day..I only do that job once a month.. She is getting where she doesn't fight me so much..
The weather was 49 degrees here this morning.. It will warm up today and probably be close to 80 by Christmas.. We go from heat to ac.. We wouldn't turn on the ac except there will be a lot of family here and we want them to be comfortable..
Bye for now..If I don't get back have a Wonderful Christmas..I will be married 55 years the 26th.. How time does fly!!!!
Joanne
Old 12-23-2008, 05:26 PM   #52  

Happy anniversary Joanne-that must have been busy for you getting married the day after Christmas. You will have a nice time with your daughter and she will help.
Living in an old people's park-we have a heated pool but the last time the heater was not working.
What a morning-went to pt at 8:3o-therapist was checking the tight spots in one leg and he and the doc decided I needed an ultrasound to make sure I didn't have a clot. 2 hours later I went back-everything ok-I was supposed to be home babysitting but Brad did-even made Evan lunch. Therapist was telling others they had a good morning-I said yes, you only sent one person to the emergency room. He was just being careful and my leg really hurts.
I don't like an mri-last time I took valium and prayed-it was ok.
Evan is so funny-said he was practicing his jumps and twirls because they signed him up for the circus, Who? Bobby and Suzanne-where was I?-in MA and you were a baby. And Suzanne is his 3rd grandmother.
Happy day before Christmas Eve, Mima
Old 12-24-2008, 02:06 AM   #53  

Candice, sounds like you had quite a time with the water. I almost think I'd take that house back to the store and get my money back if I were you. I'm praying that things will be better now and you will have a peaceful Christmas and be able to rest!

I'm exhausted. Had Ross & Jenna the last 2 days and been trying to clean and bake, too. Jenna is 9 and wants to 'help' and today Ross had reverted back to about 6 yrs. old part of the time. (he's 12) It was hard to get anything done! Plus, my modem went out and I had to go to town and exchange it for a new one, the cable office closed today until next Mon. I'm glad my family isn't coming until Thur. No way I'd be ready for them tomorrow. Hubby has been sick and no help, either. It is still raining and the wind is so strong it nearly blows me away ... Ginger hates to go out to pee. I've been letting her use her paper a lot the last few days. It's supposed to rain every day this week except Christmas Day! I got the basement cleaned and the cheese cake made today. If I can get the rest of the house tomorrow (I worked on it some yesterday plus baked a milkyway cake) and get my pumpkin pies made, then tomorrow night make the dressing and stuff the turkey I'll be ok. I have all the presents wrapped. Sometimes I wonder if one day is worth all this!!!

Joanne, I took Ginger to the groomer’s last Friday. I couldn't cope with her along with everything else I had to do. She still has the little red bows in her ears. She isn't bothering them. I think she has forgotten they are there. I'm hoping they stay in 'till Thursday. Hubby has been bathing her for me. It hurts me to bend over the utility sink in the basement. Then I dry and comb her. But she looks so much better when she goes to the groomer’s . . . she's 'fluffy'! She doesn't fight us when she gets her bath. She's usually pretty good. But, Mercy ... she hates getting combed; especially when her hair is a little long. I brush & comb her out several times a week or she gets tangled badly and she bites the brush and even me sometimes.

Well, I'm going to bed. I'm so tired and sleepy I'm about to fall over. If I don't get back in, MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone. If I didn't say hi ... HI! Hope you have a great Christmas Holiday with your families and friends ... don't eat too much, unless the food is wonderful and that's what you absolutely want to do. Then, make every bite something you love, enjoy it thoroughly and make plans to take the pounds off in the New Year!
Old 12-24-2008, 05:28 AM   #54  

Wow for all you do to get ready, meme. i only have to bake a cake and make fudge.
My foot is better this morning. I have been massaging my hamstrings. I need to do something about my back.Chiro hasn't called.
I want to get my nails done today.
3 boxes in the living room-don't know what is in them.
Not much to say-Merry Christmas Eve. Mima
Old 12-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #55  

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas for tomorrow We're just doing a turkey breast for the two of us. Hubby is hoping the breast has a package of gizzards and stuff in it so he can have his "Polish" stuffing....yuk! Planning a quiet day today....going to the store and making 1 more batch of fudge. Hope everyone enjoys their family over the holidays....
Kate
Old 12-24-2008, 10:57 AM   #56  

Good morning to all of you.

JoAnn - Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary. I hope that you are feeling ok. Your daughter will help you do what you have to do.

Meme - I hope that you are feeling better now, because you have so much to do, and have done so much. You are right, is one day really worth it all? It does make one wonder. Life used to be so much more relaxed. No day is worth getting yourself sick over, that is for sure.

Candice - Heavens, I hope that whatever that problem is, it fixes itself. I guess it could have been from the ice, but I would be worried. The cost of getting ANYTHING fixed is so expensive these days, ever mind a structural damage. Hope you are able to put aside everything for a few days and just enjoy the holidays.

Kate - Hope you have a good Christmas. It's sure is hard to stick to ANY diet this time of year. So much stuff, everywhere. Our coffee room table at work, has been loaded down with food for a couple of weeks. At least somebody sent us a fruit tray! and a meat and cheese platter as well. Otherwise, it is cookies, cake etc. You know, all the Christmas goodies.

Mima - hope you can get into see your chiro. and get your back attended to. Glad your foot feels better at least. Is it Maryland that you live in? I can't remember. Such a disaster there, with the broken water main.

Tamm;y - I guess you have left for Georgia. Hope you and Tim have a good Christmas. I know it will be different for both of you.

It is still so cold here. Hasn't warmed up at all for 2 weeks, and it looks like it won't until after the New year starts. It has been -38 with the windchill, and -32 at night without it. During the day, we have been luck to get up to -10. The whold of Canada will have a White Christmas this year - the first time since 1971. That Arctic air is just locked in and won't move. Oh well, like they say, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger I would still rather have this than all that rain. I don't mind a rainy day now and then, but they are very depressing. At least the snow is bright. The cold is just a matter of dressing warmer, in layers. Our homes are so well insulated that we don't even know it IS cold outside.

I am still nursing this darn sore back of mine. The chiro couldn't help it anymore, so I went to see my massage therapist on Saturday, and he helped a great deal. However, after working the last 2 days, it is really quite painful again, so I am going to stop and have another massage when I get to Edmonton.

We are heading to our daughter's today, just after lunchtime. We will celebrate Christmas Eve at here house (my son and his family will also be there). Scandinavian's always celebrate Christmas Eve, so we will have a nice turkey dinner tonight. Christmas Day will be at my son's house, and Boxing Day will be spent visiting friends and then a Spagetti dinner at my daughter's. The weekend we will catch up to other friends, and then it will be time to come back home. The problem with Christmas, is that NOBODY can possible eat all the food that is around, and everywhere you go, there is more food! That's ok, I have WILL POWER!!!!

I just want to say MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:59 AM   #57  

Merry Christmas. y'all. We come from Massachusetts-the city next to us just got there power back. Now it's warm there.
Glad the massage helped. I love them.
Got my nails done-nice, We went to the service kast night-took our 2 elderly friends. Pastor's daughter is a talented actress and singer and she and another woman acted out a skit when Mary was reacting to being pregnant and ended up singing Breath of Heaven. Awesome.
Then Brad and I opened our gifts. I bought him the wrong book buy he still likes it. Train stuff.
He bought me a chain for my cross and the clerk had put it on there in the store but we will have to go back because we couldn't do it. He got me the wrong slippers but they may work as shoes. And I have to get a bathrobe. when we go back to sears. And some awesome perfume. And a tool box for my paints.
Enough about me. Going to Mike's at 11.
Have a great day-some of you will be very busy. Tammy-we are thinking of you. Mima
Old 12-26-2008, 03:00 AM   #58  

Happy Anniversary Joanne.........and Hubby (the Ole Fart) Boy was he lucky to catch you!
Old 12-26-2008, 03:11 AM   #59  

Default Hello

Here is a pic of the hole in the wall DS#2 made when he fell down the stairs! He is ok I think, said his shoulder hit the wall but he hurt his foot. So this is how our Christmas eve went....I rushed around (no sleep) to have everything done and perfect and they came, we ate, opened gitfs, took pictures, he feel down steps, they packed up food and went home......DH went to bed and I cleaned up the mess and went to bed the next day and slept good but had weird dreams.

WE are getting ice right now but rain all day tomorrow with a south wind so we will see if the carpet gets wet again......hope not..I can't do all this..I am not wonderwoman like Meme!!!!!!!!!!! I have been hurting really bad scine my ice fall...................................

DS#2...got to his girlfriends ok, she called to say thanks for gifts and said he is there. (3 hrs Northest of here) He is pretty tired and crabby from working..straight shifts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12-24-08_1948[1].jpg (23.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Candicej; 12-26-2008 at 03:23 AM.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:28 AM   #60  

Meme.. and Joanne...Jazzie needs a bath too...I usually do it and clip him too it takes me days to get him all done. I hate to leave him with a stanger...you don't know ho they treat them..unless you really know them. I don't know this area well enough yet. Idid get him brushed upfor pictures but he is still really wooly!...and stinky!

Kate..who bathes Queeny? HI Happy and MIma and Tam....
Closed Thread