Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 09:34 PM   #46  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Yes VAL that was not a typing error . . . amazing . . . but scarey. I just know we will be paying for this, big time, in the not too distant future -- snow is in the forecast by Wednesday or Thursday.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:21 PM   #47  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI LADIES ~ We've had another busy day, taking out several more bags of stuff for goodwill and rearranging furniture: pretty soon it may look like a home -- lol!

I had a problem with my right calf; I had scraped the skin on it and there was scab on it, but it wasn't healing properly underneath. Discovered this last night so had to soak it for 30+ minutes and put a special salve on it. We are praying that it will heal very soon ... and thankfully, my blood sugar levels were good last night (5.3).

THANKS for the advice PURPLE ~ I am trying to be more consistent; and tweaking here and there. Your tips help me a lot; and I like that you find low-fat recipes for desserts that taste good too. My DH has always been at a low weight, so can't compete with that. All of his family was naturally smaller and he inherited his mother's skinny legs. They can eat a lot and not gain; I think they have higher metabolisms, or their bodies take what they need, and get rid of the rest, which is really the way it is supposed to be.

WOWEE MEOWEE ~ that is very warm for NOVEMBER; yes, you may pay for it with some snow real soon. We had ***SNOW*** all day, so our green is now white ... lol!

HI VAL ~ glad you are having a restful weekend; I'm sure you need it. I had to tell DH to take a rest for the remainder of the evening, as I am just starting to feel a bit better and don't want to ruin it.

HOPE you all have a great Sunday; take good care of yourselves too, your friend ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-16-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:51 AM   #48  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Good afternoon Ladies.

Just come back from a shopping trip to purchase some bras as the ones at present I have do not support me and have oodles of room in the cups. Did the calculation prior to going to see what cup size I want well that was a disaster. I do not realise how much loose skin on my upper body as it has migrated south with gravity. The calculations said I should be a 38C well that just had lots of skin bunched up under my armpits and very uncomfortable. Poor DH was so patient as I was in and out of the changing room like nobodies business trying to find something that remotely fit and was comfortable. It eventually panned out at a 36E it is not perfect but the best I have tried on so far with the bags of loose skin that I have now. I must admit I am much better supported now and not the room in the cup as before so have made some head way.

I have done my daily exercises I think today just going in and out of the changing rooms and putting different bras on I was exhausted afterwards I must admit. I have been on my whole body vibrator for 20 minutes as well. I will try and go on later today again to make up for my bad choice I had a lunch

VAL Gosh -20F I can not imagine temperatures as low as that. At the minute it is 45F in the UK and I think that is cold I realise now that it we are actually warm and I have nothing to moan about

I hope you have slept well over the weekend and now are well rested and recovered from your hard week at work.

MEOWEE 20F still sounds rather cold to me in actual fact that sounds positively freezing. I am so lucky not to have your extremes in temperatures. We might drop down to the mid 30F but even that is cold for the UK. Though saying that we do not have the extreme high either during the summer.

ROSEBUD I have a sister like your DH she is so slender at about 130lb wet through and 5ft 6in tall. Can eat everything and anything and don't gain an ounce. I have to watch everything I put in my mouth else it goes straight on my hips. It is only now that I am losing the weight do I see that my sister and I are looking more alike. Oh yes I may have straight hair in comparison to her, fairer skinned and longer hair but the general features are now showing up more apparent. The first picture that I saw myself in her was a shock as I always considered us so different. I suppose not so different as I once thought. Maybe it was the weight that was the main difference.

I hope that your leg heals so and it does not take a turn for the worse. It must always be a worry for you with having so fragile skin on your legs which is so prone to infections. I have known people with such skin issues as yours and it is so hard. You can guarantee you always catch the skin you do not want to. I would imagine it has the consistency of what we call tissue paper. It does not cut it tends to tear like tissue paper would. Butterfly stitches are the best for this skin if possible to unite it together. Butterfly stitches are thin strips of plaster (band aides) that you put over the wound to unite it together the best you can. Can be very effective.

I had some on as a child in my thumb when I feel with a glass bottle. Oh yes my mum told me not to run with it but in one ear and out the other I was going to the local shop to get some vinegar. You went and asked for say 1/2 pint and you would get that amount put in your bottle. I screamed blue murder when falling as I did not want stitches not sure why as I had never had any before so not put off that way. I had quite a gash in my thumb and really it need stitches. Though they thought the risks for just a few stitches to be put under general anaesthetic was not worth it so butterfly stitches was used. I have a tiny scar but it has slightly misshaped my thumb due to the nature of the laceration.

Must run and put the kettle for a cuppa for my pills and potions. I am finding that I need them now as I am sore from the changing so many times.

purpleorc
Old 11-18-2008, 12:21 AM   #49  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ a bit rushed tonight; we went out today and got a bit of walking in, trying to spread it out a bit so my poor feet can recover somewhat. Our place is starting to look much better, a bit more homey instead of a warehouse nightmare. I have had to be a bit ruthless in the tossing department though, but I would rather have some nice new stuff anyways.

PURPLE ~ I'm sorry you had such a bad shopping day; that is a nightmare too esp if you don't know where you are. I am so fortunate that I have lost weight so slowly that I have only gone down one size at a time, so it has been easier for me to buy clothes. Yes, anyone who loses a lot of weight has to deal with the 'collateral damage' as I call it, or as someone coined rather funnily as 'FALL-OUT' but that's just a joke ~ lol! Oh we have to laugh at ourselves sometimes or we would just spend way too much time crying over something we can't do much about. I certainly know how sad and frustrating it is, but I am realistic about it too, as I would like to lose more yet. Some will opt to have surgery (if their health allows for that); and others will just make the best of it, and shop well to camoflage the best they can.

Yes, shopping and trying clothes on and off is an exercise in itself, but just think of all the calories you burned up while doing it; knocked down the damage from lunch a bit too, I'd bet. Look to tomorrow, you'll do better ... I know it.

My leg is starting to look a bit better; it kinda looks like a small burn about the size of a 25-cent piece (we call them quarters here). Usually they heal up much faster than this one has; hope it heals right up this time. My body has been stressed over the last while, so now that I can rest more, maybe it will heal up completely.

HI TO MEOWEE and VAL ~ hope you both have a great week. Our temps here are only around the freezing mark 32F or a little less in the 20'sF; just enuff to let a little snow fall, but we can still see some of the grass yet.

Take good care, gotta get to bed ~ your friend ROSEBUD
Old 11-18-2008, 10:26 AM   #50  
MSer living healthy

Hi fellow chicks

Been a lovely day today. Been for my treatment at the ms therapy centre. Had to take a diversion today going as a police car was right across the road blocking entry to it so I suspect there was an accident down there. It is a notorious accident black spot as people miss judge crossing the road with their car in to the on coming road. we were a bit lost going this other way but finally came out where we knew where we were.

ROSEBUD I think that your wound size is about the same size as our 1p or 5p in British coinage. Either of those coins appear about the same size when I have looked on the INTERNET to gauge the size of your wound on your leg. Sound good news that it appears to be mending well.

Yes I agree you have to try and laugh at yourself. That way it helps you cope with things you can't change. Yesterday whilst at the supermarket I lost my balance at the cash till my DH kept me up right. Then said I told you not to drink so much Oh it was priceless seeing other people's faces thinking that I was drunk when in actual fact it is my MS. I bet they chuntered a bucket full ( means to complain) when they saw me going to a disabled parking space.

Yes camouflage is going to be how I deal with the loose skin. At the end of the day it is only my DH is going to see that and oh yes the odd doctor or two . So it doesn't bother him so that is a big plus that he excepts me for what I am. My DH has lost weight as well but so far he has been lucky regarding loose skin. He carries he weight around his middle like most men.

Right time to start making tracks in the kitchen to get some food on the go for lunch. Have a cooked tea today as we normally do as we take food with us to the ms centre.

Take care ladies

purpleorc
Old 11-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #51  
Onward and Downward

Wow, what a difference a day or two makes weather-wise -- high temperature Sunday, 21C/70F; yesterday, 5C/41F; today we will be lucky to make it much above freezing (0C/32F) and the precipitation that is expected will probably be white and lingering. At least it isn't nearly as windy.

Have a fun day . . .
Old 11-19-2008, 04:33 AM   #52  
MSer living healthy

Good morning ladies

It has started to turn gradually colder last night and will continue to do so into the weekend apparently. Oh lovely to look forward to NOT Well this this the weather forecast that we have been given so lets see if it pans out.

Went to play cards last night and found that I was 4th with a reasonable high score. The trouble was the ladies all were very high last night at the whist drive we were at. I won a tin of salmon. Not that we like Salmon but our furry baby does he absolutely loves fish I am sure he is a cat

Going shopping later today then tomorrow we are meeting DH brother to go for a meal then off to pick a DVD player as his old one is past resuscitating

MEOWEE Looks like your paying for that unusally mild weather that you had early this last week. Mind you did say that would be the case. I suppose it seems so cold after that mild weather. You would not believe the weather could change so dramatically as it does.

No more and time to think about finishing my coffee. Then think seriously about washing some pots up from breakfast. Have a lovely day ladies and take care till next time.

Look after yourself

purpleorc
Old 11-19-2008, 07:48 PM   #53  
Onward and Downward

Very cold, very windy, very rainy . . . but still no snow . . . it is on the way, I'm sure.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:30 PM   #54  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ We had ***SNOW*** pretty steady all day, but it was light and just enuff to cover the grass. DH took a couple of small trips while I sorted stuff out here. We got quite a bit accomplished over the last couple of days. Doing much better with my eating this week; and getting lots of exercise around here right now.

HI PURPLE ~ I coulda swore that I wrote you a response to your last post, but it seems to have disappeared somewhere ... hmmm. And, I thought that I saw a post from MEOWEE around 8 pm tonight too, but it's gone too. It's a case for SHERLOCK HOLMES alright ... we'll call it the case of the disappearing posts ~ lol!

EDIT ~ that's strange, all the posts just showed back up on my screen after I posted. Tres weird!

Anyways, hope you had a better clothing day today; we all have times when finding clothes that fit right is difficult. Models would agree with you that changing clothes can be hard work, using up lots of energy; yah, we'll count that as exercise for sure.

HEY VAL ~ here are the PICTURES I promised you of our new place (this is the front view) and the second pic is the view from our kitchen window ... our very own giant Christmas tree [that's DH standing in front, so you can see how huge it is]. The third one is a snap I took of our boy while on a drive home from our lot this summer; the cat is really his blankey, but what a nice background it turned out to be ... hehe!

I went out yesterday afternoon twice and took a bunch of them; and I nearly froze my face off and my hands while doing it. Boy, it is a nippy cold this year; not much snow though. It took me all last night just to edit and resize them all. SEE BELOW ...

HI MEOWEE ~ hope you are having a good weather and sugar day!!! We had -5C today or near 20F (still that right now), and a cold wind bringing snow with it from the south.

Take good care ladies, your friend ROSEBUD

our new place 3w.JPG Kitchen View 1w.JPG our backseat buddy 1w.JPG new place side view 1w.JPG

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-19-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:14 AM   #55  
MSer living healthy

Good morning Ladies

Got to go to the doctors later to pick up my prescription for my tablets and cream. Then will drop it in a pharmacy near my BIL work and pick it up after we have had lunch.

It is gradually turning colder here but nothing like your temperatures in Canada.

MEOWEE Sound like you said snow could be on its way. Just been taking a quick look on the tourist board information about your town/city looking at the beautiful scenery it reminds me of Scotland. The brightly coloured homes on the Lunenburg harbour is very similar to the one of the Scottish Islands called the Isle of Mull it also has those brightly coloured houses on the harbour front. I had really gone to see where abouts in Canada it was situated. This is as my geography is poor of your country. It just about know mine and your country is so much larger.

ROSEBUD
I will have to go and knock on 221b Bakers Street and ask for Mr Sherlock Holmes to solve our mystery. It is the Mary (Marie) Celeste of posts I think Mind you bit of a long way for me to go it is something like 130 miles away London and then the address does not exist

Yes I will take my exercise in any form it comes but oh boy it was so tiring putting garments on and off then traipsing to the bra section again to find another size. I was sure glad of the coffee I had afterwards I don't think it touched the sides I would not like to do modelling for a career no way I think I will let the Kate Mosses of this world take that role. No more clothes shopping for me yesterday just groceries the boring stuff

Though I do need to go and get a couple of pairs of trousers as I am very short in this area. I have one pair of jeans and one pair of dress trousers. I a think another couple will see me through winter nicely. Would like to try a size 14 UK blouse just to see if I can fit into it as a size 16 is looking a tad big. Though I suspect I am in that annoying stage where one is too big and the other is too small.

Loved looking at your photography. Just wondering are most homes made in wood like your own? Here in the UK most are brick or even stone build. Mind you I live in a home built just after the war and they were suppose to be temporary housing and called prefabs. Needless to say they are still going strong and no signs of taking them down and replacing them with a more permanent structure anytime soon.

Great picture of Nico there with the cat picture in the background. Good bit of photography that one. With the looks of Nico there looks as though there might me a bit of black Labrador in him. What ever he is he sure is cute.

Take care ladies

purpleorc

Old 11-20-2008, 10:57 PM   #56  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ we had another PHENOM weather day today: we had sunshine all day coming at us from the south, and winds blowing snow at us all day from the northwest! It was light snow, but by the time it was done, all the ground is now winterized. The temps have fallen to -10C as well; with the winds (wind-chill factor), I'm sure it was much colder out there today. Dh had to keep coming in to warm up his fingers and toes all day.

DH made another trip to make a donation to goodwill today; taking away some bigger items that we haven't used in awhile. Might as well let someone else get some use of them; they are just cluttering space up here ~ lol! I did mostly sorting and housework today; had a lighter day and put my feet up a bit more as I did quite a lot yesterday and my feet were complaining about it.

HEY PURPLE ~ Here in the north, most houses are made of wood (some are log houses too); and some have brick or stone on the outside of them to retain heat and for looks, I imagine. In the south, where I was born, you see more stone or brick or logs, but many are wood structures there as well, esp the newer ones. I have to admit that I love stone places the best with large brick coming a close second. In the area I came from, they have many stone and/or large brick places that kinda look like mansions from an old movie, that's probably why I'm partial to them.

Yes, NIKO is part black labrador and part border collie; one of the ladies in the Christian thread (Ronni) guessed it right on too. He's not very big though; we think that he is as big as he will be now, but maybe he will bulk up a bit over the next year, hard to say. When we first got him, he was a big ball of fur; but he lost that in the spring, so now he looks skinnier.

DH spent days (actually weeks) brushing him, which NIKO didn't like too much and they would get into a wrastle over it. I got some pics of them and it was very funny to watch and listen to, as NIKO kept making these weird moaning sounds like he was being tormented! DH brushed him becuz he kept scratching, and it was falling out all over our livingroom rug making a big mess; so DH brushed him twice a day and that helped a lot.

Hope you have better success finding some pants for the winter. They say that if you fall between sizes, you should go to the one higher for comfort: good advice, I think. You want to be able to breathe when you sit down ~ lol!

TO MEOWEE and VAL ~ TGIF; hope both you ladies have a wonderful Friday!

Take good care ladies, your friend ROSEBUD
Old 11-21-2008, 12:12 AM   #57  

Hello all, I have spent many months just reading yours and my sisters, Justwant2Bhealthy's posts. It helps me to keep up-to-date on what is happening in her life day to day! I love it actually. Purple I almost feel like I know you from the conversations you two have! I hope noone minds my loitering everyday but I enjoy reading the banter on this site. Now to message my sister on this site, I must make 10 posts, so I'm going to make a valiant effort to do this all in one shot!
Take care all and God Bless!
Old 11-21-2008, 12:30 AM   #58  

Well I'm getting closer to my 10 posts and I so appreciate everyones patience with me. Purple the cost to build with solid stone & brick in our country has become far too high, so most homes are frame with brick or stone veneer. My sister and I remember growing up in the old victorian homes because we had such a large family. Those old homes had such charm and character. It would be a dream to own one, but it's not within our means. They cost a ton of money to heat in our cold winters! But it's nice to reminisce about the ones we lived in as youths!
Old 11-21-2008, 12:37 AM   #59  

Okay, one more in this thread.....I promise not to do another here. I mostly only cometo this thread and the Christian thread each day to catch up.
One more message and I can post a private message to my sis! Thanks in advance for sparing me the space!
Old 11-21-2008, 05:08 AM   #60  
MSer living healthy

Good morning Ladies

off to the dreaded dentist this morning so I don't have to have anything done. This is only a check up mind you I think everything is OK but the dentist might have other ideas on the matter This is only my 6 months check up that we have in this country. My DH is also going but we see different dentists due to the fact he goes up the stairs to the dentist and me and stairs are not a great combination. Especially these ones as this is an old big house converted into a dentist. There are 2 practises upstairs and 1 downstairs. I see a lovely Polish lady who all through the consultation see calls me Ma'am. What is strange about that? Here in this country the only person we call Ma'am is the Queen of England when you have meet her for the first time ( which I haven't by the way ) you address her as her Majesty and there after Ma'am. So I am off shortly to be the Queen

Went to cards last night so I went from Wednesday getting last place to 2nd place last night. Well that is the surprises that cards throw up you never know what you are going to get and I love that. DH won also and got bacon and baked beans. I won porridge oats so both very useful prizes. Then won in the raffle and won a tin of chopped pork. Not that I will eat that as we do not like it but our dog will eat it over a couple of days with his food as a treat.

Numpster to 3fc and to this board nice to hear from you. I hope you find 3fc a place of inspiration as much I have along the weight loss journey as I have.

There are always people willing to help you along the way and do not be afraid to ask questions if you are unsure about something. For myself it was the way I started to find my way through this mine field of what they call weight loss.

Nice to meet one of Rosebuds sisters my sister is not on this site as she is miss bean pole herself Though she has been so supportive all through my life no matter what size I have been. She has been encouraging and when I have needed it through my weight loss journey. It is so much easier doing the weight loss journey with someone as they know how you are feeling and what you are going through so Rosebud will be your ideal buddy on this. I have had my DH losing weight with me and so we have helped each other along the way. I am so proud of my DH as he has such a sweet tooth you wouldn't believe so I have been inventive and made healthy pudding look devilishly naughty ones. If he thinks he is having something healthy he is not so keen but looks go a long way to fooling my DH I have found out when it comes to puddings.

Time to run and get myself ready for this dentist. So till next time ladies take care and look after yourselves. Bye for now

purpleorc
Closed Thread