Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 11:48 PM   #31  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

We got a lot more accomplished today; we brought two cupboards into the house: one for a food pantry, and one for linen storage. Plus, we unpacked several boxes today too. This is a lot harder than it sounds and take hours, but we are getting lots of exercise; and now I am exhausted and will flop into bed very soon ~ lol.

MEOWEE ~ you are getting better weather than us; we had a tiny ***sprinkle*** today, but not much. It's hanging around, but there's only a couple of inches. Some people already have their Christmas lights up on our street; early, but they look nice.

HI TO PURPLE, and VAL, and MONKEYBEAN ~ hope you all had a lovely day.

Time for me to get some sleep; I'm so very tired. Take good care, your friend ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-11-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:38 PM   #32  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

I've got about 20 minutes so I thought I'd check in

Purple - anti convulsents :O since when? Please take care - sounds like the meds can really through you for a loop. I am staying within a 5 pound range too. I think I would like to take a break and maintain for the winter - plus I just bought 500 dollars worth of professional work clothing -- and I want it to last the winter!

Rosebud
- still waiting for those pictures. How has your struggle to find storage gone? Is the snow sticking around down there?

It snowed again here and is really here to stay now. Which is okay. My brother still is unemployed... and is stressed about not working.. but he still spends 6+ hours playing video games every day. I am trying to be patient and understanding -- our parents micro managed our lives up until they retired to southern manitoba and I dont want do that to him too.

He is 22 and has been extremely sheltered his entire life as the youngest. Never moved away from home- never lived anywhere else other than his childhood home. Him quitting his job at Walmart -- the one he had since he was 16 was a huge step -- so I am doing my best to support him when he needs help while still watching out for myself first and foremost. He has been there for me in really hard times - so I will do as much as I can.

I hope everyone is well. I know there is a lot going on for everyone - my reminder to take it easy on yourselves still stands. Be kind to yourself!

Val
Old 11-12-2008, 09:07 PM   #33  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ had an easier day today; determined I wasn't going to overdo it. DH had to go pick up his ski-doo today; didn't get back to mid-afternoon. I stayed home and did some more unpacking and sorting.

HI VAL ~ nice to have you drop by. Sure is nice to have those two cupboards in this place; that's just what we needed. DH built them when we first got married, and they are heavy and awkward; and I know he wasn't relishing the thought of having to bring them in here by himself, but I was able to help him a bit and he came up with an ingenious idea of rolling them on a long narrow pipe: worked like a charm. He said that is how the EGYPTIANS moved heavy objects and so he decided to try it and it worked very well.

Sorry your brother is having job troubles; staying for six years in one place is quite admirable. Too bad he didn't have something else lined up before he left the last place though. He'll have to put some of those six hours in each day to look for a new job, if he wants one; this is a good time to look, as many places hire during the Christmas season.

I understand your concern, and you can support him for awhile; and also encourage him with some ideas if you see anything while you are out and about during the day or when shopping. I mean, like a sister or friend would; not as a parent: how 'bout suggesting that he spend his mornings looking for work, and then the rest of the day would be his to do other stuff ... he might like the structure of that idea better, or not ... LOL!

He shouldn't leave it too long; as they say it gets harder the longer one stays out of the work force. There are many retails hiring now, and many restaurants are looking for help; and gas-pumping is popular with the young folks these days too (not too difficult). Although, I'm not sure what field he is interested in ... best wishes and prayers for his success.

We have had a few light ***snows*** so far and it is hanging around; but there's really not much out there, but DH says it's very cold. I have been hybernating like a bear; but I will have to go out to do our shopping and errands over the next couple of days, so I'll see.

Gee, I keep forgetting to take those pictures for you; I am going to buy some more memory cards so I can take just a few pics and show them quickly instead of having to wade through hundreds of pics each time I want to share something (thanks sis for the idea). Hope to get this done this week now that things are slowing down for us.

I don't blame you for wanting to try and MAINTAIN for the winter; I think that is a terrific idea. That will give your body a rest, and then you can go at it full again, next spring. It is very good practice for down the road.

HI TO MEOWEE ~ hope you had a good day, esp health-wise; and good weather too. It is getting a bit icey out there; supposed to have light rain tomorrow which may get rid of the ***, but then more of that is supposed to come on the weekend, so what can you do? It's officially winter here ...

HEY PURPLE ~ In a sense, it is kinda nice that people are quizzing you about your great success losing weight. They admire you for it, and just want to know how they can improve themselves as well. Hope you are having a nice visit with your parents there.

Well, take good care of yourselves too; and have a great evening, your friendROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-12-2008 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:04 AM   #34  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi ladies

Things did not quite go according to plan and another job appeared for us on Wednesday to Buckinghamshire. Again not so smooth journey. On the major road called the M1 near a city called Leicester there was a multiple car pile up requiring air ambulance. (helicopter who travels to remote, difficult places or seriously injuries people. We had heard about this prior to setting off so planned to take a detour. The detour went smoothly then all of a sudden we were in a queue for quite sometime. Then up the hard shoulder ( this a lane on a motorway that you go into if broken down or an emergency vehicle). All that had caused our queue was either people rubber necking or waiting for another air ambulance to land on the motorway. Very sadly I heard that later 2 woman had died at these accidents one at each. My thoughts are with their families and loved ones.

Since Saturday night till Monday morning we have had a poorly dog. He has been sick numerous times. Must have been a bug. I thought he was over it and just before we were to get into the hire van he was sick again. So all through the journey I had a sick bag for the doggy. Well in the end it became comical he kept yawning and I thought he was going to be ill so here me grabbing the bag and making sure it was in the right position. I think Rizzie though I was barking mad by the end of it. I think like us when we have been poorly he was just tired. He is as right as nine pence now eating us out of house and home He has been so hungry since that he has eaten loads which is not like him he tend to be a picky eater.

MEOWEE Love your sense of humour regarding the bobble head doll and your son. It is the kind of thing I would do to someone whom I know loves a joke and can take one in good faith. Shame you can't find one for love nor money. You watch when you do not want them you will find loads

We have just had Remembrance Sunday and the selling of poppies for the service men and women. The day we always have for the 2 minutes silence is 11 November which is remembrance day. This week there has been a series of 4 programmes of famous people tracing their family roots on the first world war. I found it an informative program and I already know a fair amount about this period of history as this is what I studied at school for 2 years. I hope that for a younger generation it has brought a greater understanding what those men did for us.

VAL I have been on anti convulsents for about 4 years maybe more. I started on one and then the pain started to come back about 18 months later so I commenced on another along side it. I am never pain free from my face but it sure has made life a whole lot better as I now do get some relief as before this I never got any.

Yes I can understand you wanting to take a break and maintaining for a wee while after spending all that on clothing. That is the trouble with professional clothing it cost more to have fitted skirts/ trouser and jackets. Good luck with your maintaining I think you deserve some time to sit back and reevaluate. Though eating health of course has become our way of life now not saying it is always easy as it isn't.

Sorry that your brother is job hunting never nice. My sister is the youngest and when we were growing up she was ill with kidney trouble. Mum and dad did their best for her and protected her. So had a sheltered up bringing. So when she married she did not know how to cook! So I went over few a little while and taught her to cook the basics. Though when I was growing up by the age of 13 I was cooking a whole meal for the family. My sister now cooks beautifully and none of her children are fussy eaters as she has brought them up on fresh vegetables and fruit.

MISSCELY to 3fc and to our thread, Like many students we all put on weight due to the readiness of fast food, the cheapness of it and lack of time due to pressures of assignments /dissertations etc. I was luck enough to be working as a student nurse at the time and working full time. So plenty of exercise walking so that helped keep my weight down.

Maybe swimming could be something that you could look at as a form of exercise as it is non weight bearing and you may find that easier with having the limp that you do have from your serious accident. There may be water aerobics that you could do in your area. I am maybe not the best person to advise as I come from the UK and we may have totally different facilities

You have made the first steps which is the hardest in some way realising you have a weight issue and want to change. I so wish that I had realised earlier but I can't turn back the clock. Read everything you can on weigh loss and which diet plan you wish to follow. When you have your plan then go ahead and start don't be afraid to ask questions when unsure about an issue. Use the forums for support along the way. For me it has kept me on the straight and narrow and stopped me erring too much. Look forward to hearing from you.

MONKEYBEAN Life can be very busy at times I know that at the minute mine seems to be going 90mph. We understand that coming on here is not always possible though it is nice to see you when every that is possible. Great to hear that you are reading and have that brilliant attitude that will get you far. I am not going to quit. That is a great motto to have.

ROSEBUD See you are still busy with the unpacking that seems to take a while unpacking and sorting all your processions when you have downsized. Then it never seemed to take so long to pack a box as it does to unpack it

I bet you are tired with lots of exercise running about the house unpacking and sorting things out. Be mindful not to do too much and make yourself poorly.

I suppose I never prepared myself for being quizzed about my weight loss. I never expected I would have this I was very naive looking back. With never being in this position of losing weight before I have lost smaller amounts but never like this or for so long.

Well I think I spoke to everybody I hope I have not missed anybody if I have sorry Time to go off to do the weekly shopping now. Take care everyone see you soon.

purpleorc
Old 11-13-2008, 09:02 AM   #35  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi gang . . .

Wowee . . . it's cold this morning . . . but still no snow and I hope that continues for quite a bit longer. Overcast this morning, but supposed to get some sun this afternoon. Things always seem so much happier when it's sunny.

This is the regular Thursday Mall-Crawl day and we've decided on Chinese for lunch. Funny thing -- what used to be (a couple of years ago) the worst restaurant in the area has changed hands and now has just about the best Chinese food I've ever tasted -- sure it's still too salty, but other than that it really tastes 'real'.

Other than that -- I still have not gotten back to those aprons -- but I did almost finish a sweter I started knitting over a year ago. Pieces are done and I just have to put it together and finish knitting the collar. Anything to avoid the aprons. I really must get my act together on those.

Have a great day, everybody . . . keep things moving and shaking . . .
Old 11-13-2008, 10:08 PM   #36  
Rosebud

Well, we had another busy day trying to get things put away and trying to stay upbeat about it all at the same time. I guess some things just get more difficult as you get older; the old body hurts a lot more, I can say that for sure. It almost seems like we are swimming in a sea of boxes ~ lol!

We managed to throw out several boxes/bags of stuff today; and our car is almost full up. I finally got my office chair in here; oh, it is so nice to have something comfortable to sit on while I type. A lady gave me this office chair years ago; and boy, did I miss it when I didn't have it.

The weather today didn't help matters much; it pretty well rained all day, making it simply yucky for going in and out. Poor NIKO and DH got wet everytime they had to go out, so I think that was a downer for sure. The rain took some of the snow away, but we can still see some drift spots out there.

We had a nice, peaceful dinner tonight: we had an old favorite of Italian Macaroni with diced tomatoes and lean ground meat, with a wee sprinkle of Parmesan on top. This is a comfort kind of dish, but I measured the cooked pasta very carefully; and DH loved it, as we haven't had this in ages.

PURPLE ~ glad you made it home safe and sound from your trip; prayers for those families that lost a member this week. We also remember our brave soldiers on November 11, as does the US too; I prayed for GOD's blessing upon each one in my morning devotional that day, and also for those out there today, esp for our peacekeeping forces. May GOD surround them all with his protective Angels and bring them home soon, safe and well.

HI MEOWEE ~ WOW, you have been very lucky not to have any snow yet; even some of the northern US states have had snow already. Hope you and your friend had a nice shopping day.

We may get out to do a bit ourselves tomorrow; hope the weather is nicer than it was today. DH wants to get out and away from the boxes for a while, and I can't blame him. Ummm ... Chinese ... luv it too!!!

HIYA VAL ~ TGIF ... hope you have a nice, restful weekend!

Take good care of yourselves and have a nice Friday ladies, your friend ROSEBUD
Old 11-14-2008, 05:26 AM   #37  
MSer living healthy

Hello fellow chicks

Good morning ladies another quick fly by as I am off to my parents very shortly but I thought I would drop by. Managed to do the shopping yesterday was shattered though after walking round 2 supermarkets. Well one is a supermarket and the other is a cash and carry type warehouse which is huge.

Will go into town at my parents home today weather permitting not sure whether it is going to rain today. If it looks too much like rain then I will not go. This is as we normally have a walk as it is not too far.

MEOWEE I can see that you will have a big rush on with the aprons in the end though there are some jobs we seem to put off. Sounds like the sweater is just about done though. I can knit very simple patterns none of the complex cables or fair isle styles. I can crochet but have not for a quite sometime now. I find crocheting more pleasurable than knitting. Though I think that is partly to do with the fact I am better at it and it grows quicker.

Chef's make or break a restaurant. You have given a fine example of how a restaurant changing hands has turned around it's reputation. I love Chinese food also but once in a while it does us good to have a little treat like this. Sure it has too much salt and we know that weight gains but goes in a few days with more fluid in the system. The main thing is if you eat out then you want to enjoy it and make the treat worthwhile. That way we are more likely to stay on plan with treats now and again.

ROSEBUD I also have a office chair they are such bliss and make sitting at the PC more pleasurable. Though my DH has one and I hate it Talk about hard and uncomfortable.

I seem to permanently have a mop in my hand these wet days. Here on the kitchen floor every time you go outside the wet shoe prints on the lino with the dogs paw prints. November certainly has been cold and wet so far. When we were out on Monday we saw many rivers and canals had broke their banks and flooded the surrounding area. This is because it has been very rainy the past few weeks and the waterways just can't take it.

Pasta dish sounds great, I am fond of pasta so thats why that sounds good. I have planned chicken for the weekend in a casserole with vegetables. Then steamed vegetables to go with them. I think it will be yoghurt for snack as we have plenty in the frigde at present. Need to crack on with the ironing this weekend also it seems to be building up at a rate of knots at the minute. I suppose it won't seem so bad once I get going.

Time to get a move on so goodbye ladies till next time

purpleorc
Old 11-14-2008, 09:56 AM   #38  
Onward and Downward

ROSEBUD . . . I really hope you get a decent day today . . . rain get's sooooo depressing especially if you have to do things in it.

PURPLE . . . I usually prefer crochet as well both because it grows faster and if you have to rip out, it is so much faster and easier to get going again. Knitting does give a softer and more malleable product though which I find more comfortable for sweaters.

We actually saw a little "thick, and slightly white, rain" yesterday. This morning the sun is shining and the temperature is on the rise again. The forecast for the weekend is rainy though with a Sunday high of 20C/68F . . .

The chinese lunch did in both my weight and my blood sugar levels but, although I certainly don't like it, I know both 'gains' are only temporary and it definitely was enjoyable. Going to be eating very properly and glugging lots of extra water today.

Have a good Friday . . .

Last edited by meowee; 11-14-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:26 PM   #39  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ well, it rained during the night and when we woke up this morning, there wasn't any snow left on the ground. It had stopped raining and that gave DH the chance he wanted to tidy up the place before any more snow fell, as somebody's garbage got torn up (probably by animals) and blew down our laneway. He was a good guy (as usual) and cleaned it all up including part of the neighbours hill, so it all looks nice now.

We had nice enuff weather that we spent the day shopping; did a lot of walking today, as we also went to see a new big store that was just built here not long ago: it was their grand opening celebrations this week. We also picked up some nice stuff for our new place, like new rugs and other houseware things. We threw a lot of old stuff out, and we had decided that for our new place ... we'd get some new stuff!

We even picked up a few Christmas presents while we were at it; still have a few more to get though, but we can save that for next week ~ LOL! We also picked up some spit BBQ chicken and had that for dinner (I also had a nice big salad with mine as I had to make up for our Friday snack).

HEY MEOWEE ~ we have green outside right now and everbody is lovin' it. So you did have some faint drizzle-like stuff, but that usually melts pretty fast. Michigan is calling for cold temps and more of the white stuff; wonder if we'll be blessed or not. I even saw some stars out there tonight.

HI PURPLE ~ we bought somenew mats for our doorways, just like you mentioned, to keep the sand and mud out of the house. We are also blessed that we have a porch in the back of this place too, so we bought a thick bushy mat that you can brush your boots/shoes on to clean them (I think they call them straw mats).

We also did lots of walking today as we have a big grocery store and we went to two department stores (one is a new hardware/department type store). Thankfully, they thought to put nice big washrooms in there for the shoppers; you usually only see that in the malls these days. Was glad to get my dishes done so I could get off my feet which are very sore these days.

This was the tuffest move DH and I have ever done, now we need some time to recuperate. We are starting to make a dint in our warehouse of stuff ~ lol! Only you gals really know and understand just how much pain our bodies are suffering through right now. Poor DH has already hit the sack, as he is so tired.

We have been watching a bit of telly this week; got to see those DANCING WITH THE STARS shows; I really like those, and of course I have always been a big game show person. I'll catch a talk show now and then too if I'm not too busy. We don't watch much, but in the winter, we are home more, so we watch more during that time of year.

Even though I am tired, I wanted to come in and say hello ... so hello to everyone ... HELLO to VAL and MONKEYBEAN ~ hope you both are having a good Friday night.

Take good care of yourselves, your friend ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-14-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:06 AM   #40  
MSer living healthy

Good afternoon ladies

Hello ladies very grey day here at present though not rained as yet though forecast I think for later today. I was lucky yesterday with the weather the mildest day we have had this November so far. So had a lovely walk into town at my parents place. Did have a rest at a coffee shop. Never been in this coffee shop but very nice small and cosy . Gave a nice home feel to it. It had on sale as well a range of locally grown and made products. Like jams and chutneys. Plus a cake / tea bread type thing called Lincolnshire plum loaf. It is made with fruit either served toasted and usually served with a smidge of butter. All very nice but not so good for the old waist line

Did take though a nasty stumble with DH yesterday whilst out with the dog. I think I over estimated my ability thinking I am super woman So it has pulled my back somewhat. It is sore this morning but I though it would be worse. So resting it as much as humanly possible today.

Went out to play cards last night a lady who I have not seen for months due to her or our schedule. She was surprised by my amount of weight loss. Though could not believe that I was in size 16 UK clothing. She thought I was in size 12 UK. With being that bit taller than a lot of women I carry weight well. I think that is maybe why folks are saying your not losing any more weight are you? With big hips it means you need a larger size bottoms and being big busted means bigger tops. Trouser/jeans are a nightmare as they fit well on the hips but are so big on my waist. I must admit that her comments gave me a real buzz last night. These last few pounds are proving hellish to budge but no one said this was going to be easier. If this is where I have to be then so be it I have achieved so much.

MEOWEE I also find with crocheting there are not many patterns and what patterns there are very old fashioned and not really suitable. There are so many beautiful stitches and yarns now that many pretty outfits could be made with the correct patterns.

It was my grandmother who taught me to crochet and mum has still a bit of her crocheted blankets at her home. They are zigzag pattern with no gaps and different colours. I think she must have been using up her spare yarns from other projects.

ROSEBUD Good idea those mats I have two big ones in my kitchen which are dark and will go in a washing machine. They come up beautifully and do not take very long to dry either.

Yes I love dancing with the stars. Here in the UK it is called Strictly come dancing. This is because years ago we used to a dance programme called by that name which just showed professionals doing this ballroom and Latin dances. I have seen the US version of the show and the format is very similar to our own except we have 4 judges. Then the bottom two dance celebrities have to do a dance off and the judges vote who they think did the better dance. With having 4 judges the votes could be even so we have head judge and his vote would count as two in this incident. Though in all the shows we have had that has rarely come into effect.

Time to go now and check on my dinner of jacket potatoes with meatballs and steamed vegetables.

Bye now ladies and take care.

purpleorc
Old 11-15-2008, 09:47 AM   #41  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Well, one of my two chinese-food-induced pounds has gone away again and hopefully another day of lots of water will remove the other one too.

Looks like the weather forecast is coming true -- it's already over 15C/60F this morning and it is raining.

See you later . . .
Old 11-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #42  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ well, I slept in for the first time in a long time, until DH's movie blasting away, woke me up! We spent the morning putting in a new shower wand, and our new shower curtains plus other odds & ends. Our kitchen cupboards are limited here, so DH is putting in cup hooks as we speak, to hang our coffee mugs; every bit helps, and we are trying to be a little innovative too.

PURPLE ~ sorry to hear you had a bad fall yesterday; do take care and rest up that back a bit, until you feel better. Glad that you got out to play cards and to walk and visit another new coffee shop. I like those little quaint shops; miss them, as they have been replaced with bigger drive-thru type places here.

You know, a lot of women here are finding that their body wants to settle at a different weight than they first imagined (many around the 160's & 170's range); maybe the body prefers that weight to being very thin. You are very tall and that should be considered when thinking of a goal weight. If people are telling you that you look great already; I would take that as a strong hint that you are at a healthy weight now. That must make you feel so proud of yourself.

I especially admire how you have eaten in a balanced way and still managed to lose so consistently. I have noticed that you select low-fat dishes and have lowered your portions over time; and that you have been very regular in your daily walks. That is so admirable esp since you have had to work around your MS symptoms and pain issues. What you have achieved is nothing short of REMARKABLE!!!

You have encouraged me to keep trying even though I have stalled and plateaued so much. I know that I have made errors though; and I also know that there are improvements that I can still make yet, so I am working on that area, becuz I want this to be a life-long change.

Your next goal may be to work on maintaining your loss, just like VALDINE is working on right now. She is also a very tall girl, and has that advantage as well. As for me, I am a shorty, and fat is so much more noticable on a shorty. I still have a ways to go yet, but I am eating much better than before; and I hope to do even better in the future.

HI MEOWOEE ~ we have had some sunshine today, believe it or not, mixed in with light ***SNOW***; we had sun shining on us from the south, while clouds and winds from the north, were blowing light *** towards the south. Interesting phenomenun going on there ... lol!

I always preferred CROCHET for the same reason; not that great at knitting. Maybe if I had learned it as a child, I would be better at it. I like the fact that crochet is so much easier and goes so quickly too.

HI VAL ~ hope you are having a great weekend and things are going well with your house too.

Take care ladies; and have a great weekend, your friend ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-15-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:58 AM   #43  
MSer living healthy

Good afternoon fellow chicks

It is a lovely day today though deceiving it is chilly out there as I have found out going to the recycle bins to put my vegetable waste.

Just finished dinner of braised chicken with vegetables. Did a selection of steamed vegetables also. I did it in dry white wine very tasty. There is enough for tomorrow as well so good bonus.

Was very busy with chores yesterday and so just about fell into bed. So much for resting though did have to take extra pain killers. I have been resting today apart from doing the dinner but that was a matter of putting it on as every thing was prepared.

MEOWEE Good news that some of the weight gain has gone. I am up at the minute by a couple of pounds but mind is TOM which is a known weight gain for most ladies.

ROSEBUD We have a few drive ins McDonald's and Kentucky Fried Chicken but the Brits like there tea/coffee with a cake very traditional. So I think they are here to stay. Down south it is very common to have cream teas which translates as a pot of tea and scones with clotted cream and preserves. Extremely nice but not so good on the weight front .

I wonder if I am able to go a little lower in weight whether this apron of fat/skin above my belly button will shrink or whether it is actually more skin now. I do have hanging skin on my inner thighs and upper arms but I did come into this weight loss with eyes wide open. I kind of figured that being the size I was I was not going to get off Scot free and there would be loose skin. Most can be covered with clothing but not so easier with upper arms. I try to get blouses and tee shirts with longer short sleeves if that makes sense I may eventually talk to the doctor when I go in for something health wise so see where he wants me at and if my expectations are way off. It is nice though to know that others now think I look good and healthy so I know I am not too far off. I hope my time on the wobble machine helps I feel it especially in my core muscles. ( muscles in the middle of your tummy area)

Yes I have found that key using low fat recipes and smaller portions over time. If I found that I was hungry on that lower portion at lunch next time I would fill my plate up with more vegetables. They are low in calories but fill you up. I suppose I have my plate full with vegetables 3/4 of it and the last 1/4 is reserved for protein whether meat or vegetable protein. Slowly, slowly I have made these changes as I hate change Exercise is difficult in winter like yourself mine due to the cold and yours to the volumes of snow. I now can go on my wobble machines as many times as I want to make up for it.

You are moving in the right direction with your diet over time and tweaking it slowly. It will show progress eventually as all the changes made makes a difference. Plus it must be much better for our bodies as we are not fuelling it with rubbish. Think of it as a car the car does not run without the correct fuel. If we nourish our bodies with the good wholesome food it will perform to the best of its ability. Oh I still have treats as you know that way I do not think of foods as off limits and crave them all the more. Plateaus will go it is just finding the right "key" to unlock this level that you are on. For my DH it was eating more fibre (flaxseed) and less carbohydrate which I think was making him more hungry hence having the munchies. You will eventually find that magical key which you need to break this plateau and then you be melting away the pounds. It has taken some change in my thinking too. You do not have to eat every thing on your plate ( especially when eating out) it is ok at home as I can put the correct amount on. I do not need to eat as much as my DH. I used to have as much to eat as him for every meal and now I realise I do not need as much to eat as he does. I now look on food labels which I never did so many changes over time.

I have been luckier than yourself I know your DH has been supportive but mine has completed the weight loss journey with me. I was competitive in the fact I did not want to be the one who gave in this healthy eating. Then further down the line I had this goal I want to be lighter than my DH . All through our relationship he had been lighter than me. Though for once I am lighter than him by 44lbs now that was such a great feeling for me. We encourage each other when the times are tough. I still spend a lot of time trawling the INTERNET for good recipes for sweet toothed DH

Yes whilst I am not going anywhere weight wise I am making sure that I do not put on any. I have a window of 5lbs which I will not allow myself to go over. I have been around there for months now so I am maintaining well plus I have been laxer with my diet in the past few months as well.

Time to go and make a cuppa I am ready for one. It has been great coming on here and catching up with you ladies I really miss it when I can't come on here. I like the way it keeps me from straying to far from the path of healthy eating.

purpleorc
Old 11-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #44  
Onward and Downward

We are definitely hitting the 21C/70F level today but it is very, very windy although there has not been as much rain as originally predicted. The wind now seems to be shifting around to the North so that should blow the warmth away by tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:48 PM   #45  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

whoa whoa whoa wait a second meowee - you're hitting 21 degrees celsius?!?!?!?!

It's -20 degrees celsius here! sigh. so I"m jealous of your weather.

Hope everyone is having a restful weekend. I have been catching up on sleep - didnt really know I was even 'behind.' take care all!
Closed Thread