3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Dieting with Obstacles

Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Breakfast foods advice

Old 09-18-2008, 11:15 PM   #1

Default Breakfast foods advice

My husband has watched me read threads from these forums and he has a question regarding breakfast foods. He has low blood sugar. He has started eating oatmeal and a cup of black beans most mornings at breakfast (sometimes only the black beans). He says he feels good after doing so, and doesn't get too hungry before lunch. But he is wondering if this is too many carbohydrates given that he tends toward low blood sugar. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks.
DesertDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:04 AM   #2
I want the fully monty..

S/C/G: 240/check ticker/170

Height: 6ft

I believe those two carbohydrates are complex carbohydrates and won't affect the blood sugar level too much. They take longer to digest and won't cause blood sugar spikes.
Current Weight:

Ecuador - March 09
30 lb. lost - Click
xdominic89x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:06 AM   #3

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

It's the best thing to eat. My blood sugar is on the low side of normal and I'm insulin resistant so I have to be careful with what I eat otherwise I'll feel sick. I have oatmeal for breakfast every day and it's great because it keeps me satisfied for a few hours. As long as there is no added sugar in the oatmeal it's one of the best breakfast foods to have. Beans are good too as they are complex carbs... as dominic said.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:07 AM   #4

Height: 5'5.5

I have an issue with low blood sugar too and beans are great.
Baby steps, getting back on track 2015. Moving the next 10 lbs by the end of the summer.

Maintaining 48 lb loss since 2008, working off regain to a sensible maintenance level. 65 lbs and counting!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.