Fibromyalgia #177

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • Hi Mima - I believe you have Candace spelled wrong. She spells is Candice. Hope that helps.

Meme - I do hope the pain has lessened some for you overnight. It is still surgery, so there will be pain. Rest and feel better.

Gotta get ready for work, so will see you later.
  • Hey There
    Meme- Watch that pain med. They bind you up and then you have another problem.. Eat lots of fiber.. take things a day at a time .. Every day will get better..
    Happy.. This time of the year is always watching for the storms.. We seldom get thing too bad.. No rain out of Ike..I am waiting for cool weather.. It has been in the 90's.
    Mima.. You are lucky to have the cool weather. I get the feeling I am baking everytime I walk Christie.. I will lose all my tan once the cool weather gets here.
    Tammy.. I think it is good you are going to grief counseling they can help in more ways than anything..How is Tim doing? I think of you often.. My hubby has been showing signs of age more lately.. I guess we all go through these times at some time in our life..
    Hello Candice.. I would hate to move . Too much stuff to get rid of or move..
    Have a Good Weekend Everybody..Joanne
  • Thanks for the new thread, Anne. You are right about my spelling of Candice.
    Those poor people in TX and LA-what they will have to go through.
    Had another episode with my stomache. I am really feeling stressed-waking up early. I so wish I didn't have to go to work.
    Feel better Meme. Hi Joanne, Tammy, Candice. Mima
  • Hi, I have fibro and thought I'd join in on this thread. My name is Linda, I am 42 and have in addition to the fibro; OA, DJD, GAD, social phobias and bipolar disorder. In other words I am a mess

I am a very slow loser and have lots of weight to lose. I am doing Weight Watchers. I try to eat on the low side of the GI and lots of fiber at least 35 grams a day.

Lately my pain level has been pretty high. I have constant pain in my neck and shoulder muscles. My arm and leg muscles have recently started hurting more. I do as much as I can every day but there are lots of days I wish I could just stay in bed. I babysit my 3 year old grand-daughter so that is out of the question. When I feel good, I always do too much. Then it can be several days before I recover. I need to learn to try not to do so much just because I am having a good day. I had to quit my job a year and a half ago and am trying to get on disability. I am also going through a divorce from my husband of 26 years. We have two grown children; Jessica 25 and Chris 22.

Any way, I am glad to have found this thread
  • Hi Linda-we know what you are going through. Do you take any meds for fibro and do you see a rhemotologist.? The stress of a divorce doesn't help. That's when I had my worst fibro.
    The best thing I do is massage , some walking and swim when I can. And heat packs and cold packs-and a chiropractor.
    I am not sure if I can go to work tomorrow-have had 2 nights with ibs/diverticulosis. attacks.
    We went to Angela's
    for supper-had fun with the kids. But had to leave right after supper because of my stomache. What I need is acupuncture for that.
    Love that last line, Linda. Mima
    How are you doing Meme? Hi Tammy, Candice, Anne, Joanne.
  • Hey There
    Welcome Linda- Stay with WW it works if you work the program. I lost 74 lbs with WW.. I am probably the oldest of this group. I say I am just getting younger.. I too have OA.diabeties. and some heart dx. I try not to think of the pain and just keep going. That is really the only way for me..
    Mima- You are not by yourself. I have been having intestinal problems and pain for the past 3 weeks.. I decided that I would not eat any soy products for a while and see if that will help.. Soy will cause gas problems.Very painful for me.Take care of yourself.. Don't worry about work..On top of everything else I guess I am going to have to get my knee injected again.. Sometimes I wish the Dr. would just ok a new knee.. In a way that would just give me another set of problems. Who would take care of Christie,Louie, the house ,Cooking, laundry, etc,etc.Ha.I guess I would get well faster!!
    Tammy- How are you doing? It is hot here. We see on the weather station that it is getting cool up there. I am looking for cool weather..
    Hello Happy, Candice..Joanne
  • I actually went to SS & church this morning ... then came home and collapsed. I got up at 6:30 and took one of the strong pain pills and went back to bed for an hour then got back up at 7:30 and did my hair, a little make-up and got dressed, resting in between. Ate some toast & took another pill and left. It's just a 5 min. drive. I got really tired before church was over. The pastor started a marriage class last Sunday and hubby & I enrolled. If not for that, I would have skipped SS. Also, he is doing 4 weeks on marriage in the worship service so I really didn't want to miss that, either. He is starting the Basics For Belief tonight, which we bought books for. If I don't go, I'll miss out on the first night. But it's storming out and I'm hurting pretty bad. I may just have to miss! My surgery site, etc. isn't what has been hurting so bad the last couple of days, it has been the muscles in my back. My daughter says it is probably from laying on it so much when I don't usually. She said it's the fibro ... I usually lay on my side all the time. It has hurt to the point of tears. Hubby has worked on it some ... I'm going to get her to come work on it one day this week. She has a massage chair so I won't have to lay on my stomach.
  • Welcome Linda...this is a great place to be for Fibro and weightloss but we all like to eat alot!

Mima..sent you an email hope you got it.... thanks for the message

Joanne, soy gives me terrible gas, but dairy and other stuff does too even if I take things for it....got any ideas?

Meme....hope you are feeling better so I take it the surgery went well? CAn't belive you went out so soon. I hurt terrible from the air they blow in you and couldn't lay down for weeks had to sit in the recliner.

Happy..you have the cutest name tags

Hi Tammy, hope counseling is helping..it will take time for healing.....

Off to get the dryer emptied..washing all my coats, they are musty from the other house (wet basement)...what a pain..then my clothes are next...didn't realize they had a smelluntill we moved! What do think people thought..LOL we never bathed! LOL
  • Happy thanks for the link....that was great reminising..we all are quite funny Now tell me how you find that all stuff..I can't seem to find anythinhg at the bottom of the page...you know me you have to talk me through it all when it comes to computers!

I can't stand this mess either..depresses me but with work going on I can't unpack all yet.......and I miss my baking alot!
  • I think i may have sent your e-mail to Spam because I didn't recognize the sender-bad Mima. Can you send it again . Then I will know it's from you.
    I didn't go to work-have to take care of myself-I feel guilty because I really didn't want to go but I need to destress. And get acupuncture for my stomache.
    Our Pastor is doing something on marriage for the next 4 Sundays and we will be there for 2 of them.
    Joanne, try the brat diet for a couple of days-applesauce, rice, toast and banana. I finally went on it yesterday, I am allergic to soy. Among other things.
    Have you ever cut out milk products totally. You can substitute with rice milk. I would try that also. Rice milk tastes like sweet skim milk.
    Definitely cut out the soy.
    When I didn't know I was allergic to dairy, my feet would hurt and the doc would give me cortisone shots. No dairy-3 weeks and the pain was gone. My body is weird.
    Hi tammy. Linda. Anne.
    Way to go Meme, Hope the pain gets better very soon. Mima
  • Good morning.
    I have been dealing with fibro for about 10 years, I think. Not sure because it took forever to figure out what was wrong, as I'm sure you all will understand.
    I also am overweight by quite a bit and have this really strong urge to lose it.
    But I wanted to say hello to everyone before I started my day and that I look forward to chatting more.
    Take care........
  • Hey There
    Welcome Poofiemittens- We are here to help each other as best we can.. Work on that strong urge to lose weight.. I bet you will start to feel better.
    Mima- I am cutting the soy and starting to cut other things..I don't eat many milk products . Just a little icecream now and then..One of my failings. Dr. told me sometime ago to cut out the dairy...
    Candice- If it is otc I have used it.. I have been using gasx and maalox a lot lately.
    Hello Tammy ,Meme, Happy.
    We were up early today. hubby had to get a check on the arterys in his neck.He may have some build up of plax in there..If so maybe that will explain some of the changes I am seeing..We will know next week..
    Joanne
  • Did too much yesterday, tired and hurting today. I haven't had a problem with the gas although several people have told me that was their main problem with this surgery. My biggest problem so far has been my back. I'm not hungry and with the anemia that's a problem, too. Hubby grilled hamburgers tonight and I didn't get all of one down 'till it seemed it wanted to come back up. Daughter brought chicken sandwiches last night and I ate a little over a half. Food just doesn't taste good to me and then it ... I don't know how to explain ... seems to keeps on tasting? Doesn't seem like it wants to digests. I'm still take pepcid before I eat, too. I'm hoping it will get better.

Hi to our newcomers and welcome to the fibro board.

Tammy, how are you doing?
  • Perhaps that's from the surgery-loss of appetite. Don't worry-it always comes back as we can attest to.
    My daughter was home from work with IBS-she seems to know what triggers it. I had eaten potato chips the 2 days I had it. Went to chiro and got acupuncture and am going back tomorrow. Then I went to help with the community meal at church. Loved working there. I will be sure to go when we get home next year.
    My dil is such a different person. Praise God.
    Hope hubby is ok-Joanne.
    My sil told us last night that she had the beginnings of Parkinson's. She does so much and she is such a blessing to all.
    Mima How are you tammy and welcome to you two who posted.
  • Hi-Come out of hiding, ladies.
    Brad and I spent a couple of hours looking up items for a bill he needs to send out. All about tees and bushings etc.
    Going to get grease oil and a tire replaced. A redneck holiday at walmart-getting scripts too.
    My gf told me she takes lyrica for fibro and it has been great. Asking my rheump about it-hi all!! Mima