Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 11:56 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #176

Starting a new thread.

Tammy, I can't imagine what you are going through, but please know that you and Tim are in my thoughts and prayers. It will be rough, of that I am sure. Sending you hugs, and I sure wish I could be there to give you a real one.

Mima - glad that you will soon be finished with the Docs. That is always nice. Hope the muscles feel better.

Candice - so nice to see you posting again. I hope you are moving in small steps, so that you don't do major damage to yourself. Hope you made it home safely.

Joanne - how are you today? Hope you got some rain, if not, I wish I could arrange for some of the wet stuff from here, to come your way. I don't want anymore for awhile.

We went to Edmonton on Saturday, to visit friends of ours that are visiting from another Province. It was great to see them, and catch up. Sunday was just a quiet, nice day.

Working 3 days this week, so I will be busy. Hope you all have a good one.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #2  

Default Hey There

Happy- We got a really good rain today.. We have had some of and on rain for the past week. I am enjoying it..It is not easy walking Christie when it is raining and she wants to go outside.. She just has to hold it...
Hello Everybody..Joanne
Old 07-08-2008, 07:34 PM   #3  

Hello everyone. This morning the sun was shining, and it was absolutely beautiful. The funeral went well. To get to the cemetary, you have to cross railroad tracks in town. Well, not only did the procession from the funeral home get stopped for one train, then a short break, then another train came through and stopped part of the procession. Tim and I cracked up. Bob and one of his best friends both liked trains, but they always commented on how it was a pain in town when the trains would go through town. The American Legion was going to do a military ceremony at the cemetary. We had asked if there was a way to have them as pall bearers when we got out there. The guy in charge told us they never have enough people for the honor guard and pall bearers. We got there, and there were more than enough! We were pleased because we knew that Bob would have been pleased since those guys were his friends.

I'll try not to keep talking about things. Bear with me!!
Old 07-08-2008, 08:36 PM   #4  

Tammy, you talk away. It's just fine. You will NEED to do this as part of the grieving process. We are here to listen to you.

Glad the day was beautiful and it was fitting with the train. Perhaps God has a sense of humor! I am so glad it was a good memory and you were able to have a little chuckle.

I am, again, so sorry this has happened. Our lives are forever changing, that is for sure. I know you have the support of your friends and that is great.

Joanne - happy you had rain! That is good. It sure freshens everything up.

I am bone weary tonight. Went to the Mall as I had some stuff to return, and then did a bunch of other stuff including going to the chiro. Back feels soooo much better.

Have a nice evening.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:01 AM   #5  

That's right-keep talking. At least we can be here for you in that way. God does have a sense of humor. When my husband died in1991, we had to go to the cemetery 3 days after the funeral, so we got together again. Mu husband was a perfectionist and took a lot of time with things so my bil said-leave it to Jack to take 3 days to get buried. I always remember that. Brad would def want the trains to go by.
2 appts yesterday-rheumo was pleased about my report. Skin doc burned my wart again-it;s been there for 40 years and was very big-yuk yuk.
I went to see my gf's new condo-I had been encouraging her for 8 years to sell her 10 room house-then it took 2 years but she is so happy. They converted my kid's school to condos with geo thermal heating?????
I am going to make her a painting.
Bye for now-hot here.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:54 AM   #6  

Default Hey There

Yes Tammy, Keep talking .It is good for you..I hope to see you again if you get back down to Fl.
I have a lot to do today. Doing chores in town.. Ofcourse the grocery store id on the list..It is supposed to be hot today.. T.V. says heat index will be about 100. That means staying in the cool. Ofcourse walking Christie is a have to.
Joanne
Old 07-09-2008, 10:58 PM   #7  

Thank you to all of you for your support. I feel so comfortable talking to all of you. I don't know if I'll be back on here till after the weekend. The Emmaus Walk starts tomorrow night, so I'll be at the church till Sun. night then Tim and I take off for Indiana then Michigan. I plan to take the laptop with me to Michigan.

Behave yourselves!!
Old 07-10-2008, 05:30 AM   #8  

Well, that will be nice to be surrounded by friends. And have a nice time in Michigan-do you have relatives there?
Going for a walk and lunch with Auntie-I guess she's doing better because she is on the go with her family-there are 5 kids under 5 and they do a lot of things together.
Trying to plan a trip to the Grand Canyon in early Nov. We have enough Amtrak points for the trip out and back with a roomette but have to find a tour. Found one that was 1700 each. We will leave from FL.
We would like to do it from here but we don't have the time.
Our hot spell broke yesterday. Bye Mima
Old 07-13-2008, 09:55 AM   #9  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody- We got another good rain last night. I have been feeling pretty awful this week. IBS ,I guess.. Intestinal pain ... I have taken everything under the sun. I guess it just takes time..I just wish I could go to bed and stay for awhile. Not a chance.. The hubby will not do anything but wait for me to do it..He wouldn't eat if I didn't fix it..
We finally got our sons stepson to come help in the yard..I don't know how long that will last..
OK you have read enough whinning.. How are the rest of you?.. Great I hope..Joanne
Old 07-13-2008, 08:46 PM   #10  

Just checking in...

Yes Tammy....keep talking to us....the funeral sounded nice, I'm sure Bob was smiling the whole time about the trains Have a good trip.........

VERY TIRED..so hot and humid this week and working outside about killed me, but the garage is organized for now untill we bring more junk down! Carpet in the basemnt and master go in the end of this week so will back then.. and do more organizing....heading home again after big brother!!!!!! Trying to pace myself......

HI Happy, Joanne, Mima and Meme

Last edited by Candicej; 07-13-2008 at 08:47 PM. Reason: smiles:)
Old 07-14-2008, 06:51 AM   #11  

Good morning. I had a terrible time with my stomache yeterday-took immodium and am better today-will take it easy. Massage later.
Yikes-Candace-so much work. I get tired reading about it but the I am almost 70.
We seem to be getting a lot of rain. But nice days in between.
Dennis is here and so is his dog-things are going well and i am going to love that dog. But I tried to take her for a walk and she pulled me too hard-not a good idea.
But her tie out is next to my flowers and the red tiger lily is very poisonous. Dennis will have to put it somewhere else. Or he will have to move that flower.
Massage today-yeah.
Invited the women's bible group here for Friday. But now my house is not too dirty, just have to make a dessert.
Fruit trifle.
Bye for now Mima
Old 07-14-2008, 10:32 AM   #12  

Good morning.

Mima - glad your tennant has arrived and that you and the pooch get along well. That is great. I hear you about the tummy. Mine is no great shakes either. Took Immodium also, and it does help. Wish it would just settle down. Eating to many fruit with small seeds, I think. Enjoy that massage.

Candice - I could NOT stand to move that way. I like it all in one schwoop and then it is done. I am completely settled in and it sure feels like home. Really liking this place.

Joanne - Hope you are feeling better and that YOUR tummy has settled down as well. My goodness, I surely do hate bouts of IBS. Very inconvenient, that is for sure.

Meme - Hello, if you ever come to visit.

Tammy - I hope your weekend was restful. It will help to keep busy, but of course there are the down times, and that is when it will hit you most. Keeping you in my prayers, sweetie. How is Tim doing? This must have been very rough on him.

Well, I am off to work, so I can't say anymore, except Have a great day!
Old 07-14-2008, 07:10 PM   #13  

Default Hey There

Happy-Looks like all our tummys are acting up. Mine has lasted a week now and I am sick of it..The pain is the worst.. I go to bed at night and it settles down and as soon as I get up and eat something it starts all over again. I was thinking today ,I really need to evaluate my foods that I am eating..Spicey I know is a problem. Lately it seems everything is..
Tammy must still be on her trip..
Tammy,When you get back , Let us know how you are..How Tim is coping..
Mima- Take care walking that dog. You are a small person and they can pull you down easy.. Christie is bad about darting out towards something.. I have to be on the alert all the time or she will put me on my butt or worse..She is only 20 lbs,but, strong..
Candice- I get tired hearing about everything you are doing in your move.. I couldn't do it. Ofcourse ,I think I am older than any of us here.I am 75. I feel older sometimes.. And then again I have to stop and think how old am I..Some days are better with more energy than others..
Meme- Where are you?? I hope you are well..
Almost time to take Christie out for the night.. I take her about 7.30 and she lasts till morning.. We lay down and I read and the hubby usually is asleep soon after unless Riley on Fox is doing something interesting..
Joanne
Old 07-15-2008, 09:05 AM   #14  

I won't take the dog again-she is too strong.
As far as IBS, that second cup of coffee ,makes my stomache hurt all day. I think I have finally stopped that.
Spices bad. Milk products????? aspertame, splenda, corn syrup. diet soda. Hope you feel better, I am ok now,

An old friend called me yesterday and we are going to lunch on Mon
day.
Doc gave me wrong prescription strength and I have a 3 months supply.
Have to call.
Bye for now-hope you are ok tammy. Mima
Old 07-19-2008, 10:10 AM   #15  

Default Hey There

Wrong script not good.. My stomach still acting up. It starts as soon as I eat in the morning..
The rain has let up for a few days. It drys out so fast here.. The bugs are eating us alive when we go out.. I got rid of all the things that hold water but the bird vaths. We try to change them every few days. The water holding plants are most of the problem..
Our G/son was supposed to come down but because of the gas price will not right now..I don't blame him. It would cost him and his wife over 100$ to come..We hardly go anywhere because of the gas..
Hello Everybody..Joanne
Closed Thread