Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #76  

Hi.

Meme - too bad you have to have surgery, but it is just a couple little cuts. Sometimes they leave the gallbladder and just remove the stones. Much easier than when it was MAJOR surgery, with a 6 week recovery period. I am not saying it will be a picnic, but it will be better to get it done than to leave it and have all that darn pain.

Tammy -glad that you found a counselor to talk to. You sound better and that is a good thing. I am sure you have your moments. Glad you enjoyed the Fair.

Mima - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Enjoy your party. Getting those teeth pulled out is something I would not like. I absolutley, HATE going to the dentist. Not one thing about it, do I like.

Joanne - so you had a tiny bit of rain did you. Well you can have mine. After that huge storm we had a couple of weeks ago, and all the hot weather since then (up in the 90's for the past week), it is now 54F and raining - a good soaking rain. It is supposed to be Summer again on the weekend, but I know Fall is just around the corner.

We are going away for the Labor Day weekend. Going to Jasper National Park, in the Canadian Rockies. Beautiful spot. Got the hotel booked, tried for a cabin, but they were sold out.

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:19 AM   #77  

Thanks guys.
Brad had a very easy time with his teeth. He was so relieved-praise God. He has to go to work today but last night we went to get my bd present-I want a nice warm robe and pajamas-too early yet I found out. I can wait. We are going out for dinner tonight and tomorrow's the party. Angela called and pretended she didn't know it was my bd. They are coming tomorrow.
Wow-the east coast got some rain!!!!!Too much.
Meme-it's good the gallstones are going to go -you don't want to live waiting for an attack.
Gotta think of something good to do besides the papaerwork I have to do. Mima
Old 08-22-2008, 08:30 AM   #78  

Happy Birthday Mima!!!!!! I can think of lots of things to do besides paperwork for you!!! lol

Anne, I'm also going to attend a grief counseling group session through Hospice starting in September. My dad and I did that when my mother passed away, and it did us both alot of good. Your trip sounds wonderful! I'm sure you will enjoy it. I'm going away the weekend after Labor Day to visit my friends who have the bed and breakfast where Carol, Melissa, and I go every December. They invited me to come down and just hang out. I can do that!!

I have to go to the Verizon store today. When we cancelled Bob's part of the account, they said they would credit our account. Well, we received a check the other day in Bob's name! Have to go in and get that straightened out. Fun. I am not going back to the fair. I think I'm faired out for this year.
Last night I ate a Polish sausage with saurkraut. It was soooooo good! Then Tim's gf and I split an elephant ear. I hadn't had one of those in many, many years. Tasted pretty good.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:54 AM   #79  

Default Hey There

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,MIMA
I hope you have a nice day..
It is raining here just a light rain,now and then..Not easy taking Christie out..
got to get busy ..
Hello Everybody.
Joanne
Old 08-23-2008, 05:38 AM   #80  

Thanks again-we went out for dinner last night-of course I had to eat the pecan roll without the pecans. And a bit of ice cream-tunny ache that I need to get rid of by this afternoon when we go to Bobby's for whatever they planned. I am trying not to think about it. I know Bobby, Suzanne, and Angela will be there. And the rest of their family-Little Debbie has pneumonia.
I guess being 70 is nit so bad.
Tammy, you have nice plans. Good for you.
It's going to be gorgeous here. Brad is doing ell.
Bye Mima-Candace must be moving in.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:29 AM   #81  

Hi Mima. Glad you had a good birthday dinner, but too bad about the tummy ache. Do you take those pills for Lactose Intolerant people? They do work, as a friend of ours takes them. Enjoy the party today. As my Mom told me years ago, you are only as old as you feel. It's just a number!

Joanne - hope you got more than a few drops of rain. We had a great rain here two days ago. All day long. It was cold as well, only 52F but it bounced back and today it will be almost 80 I guess. Tomorrow will be warmer and then back to temps in the 72-75 range for the next week. Fall is not far away now. Yesterday morning was so nice. I took my coffee out on the deck and enjoyed the hot sun and cool air on my skin. Love that!

Tammy - sounds like you are making plans and moving forward. Good for you. You need a medal, because I am sure I would be a basket case. I guess you do what you have to do to keep on keeping on.

See you guys later. Going to a 65 birthday party for a friend tonight. Mima, I celebrate there with you.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:39 PM   #82  

Mima, hope you had a good time today!

Anne, hope you had fun at the party for your friend!

Yesterday I was a basket case, so I guess I'm not doing as well as I thought. I went to the chiropractor, and I cried in her office. Ran some errands, cried a few times, and came home. I cried off and on the rest of the day. Tim called last night, and I tried to hold it together while I was on the phone with him. He doesn't need to be worrrying about me with the start of classes.

I have been taking my BP, and it has been running higher than I would like. The doctor had reduced my medication for it. I may give him a call. Maybe I need to go back on the higher dose. With it though, sometimes my BP would get down to 80/60, and I'd be dizzy (dizzier than usual!). Earlier today it was 140/84.

I might jump in the shower and just go someplace. I haven't been out of the house since noon yesterday except to walk out to get the mail. You would think that staying home, I'd get this place looking better. I have paperwork (medical bills, paperwork) on the kitchen counter. I hate to put it somewhere because I know right where everything is when I need to call people about it.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:01 AM   #83  

Hi-Tammy, I am sure it is a letdown after going out for days and now tim is back in school. One day at a time. Bless you.
What a party-My kids invited so many people and they just kept coming-people I had talked to and they never let on. They made me wear a shirt that said 70 and fabulous-love it. And in 2 weeks we are going to Boston, have lunch and then go to Cirque de Soleil-My niece, sil, Sue and me-just like old times. And I got awesome gifts. And the biggest surprise was Jessica came with the baby-oh... he is so cute -my great grandson. 10 months-I hadn't seen him since he was born. His father is Dominican but he has light skin , Not that it matters, And her Dad went to RI to get her. He is so proud-he is 40 years old and a grandfather.
No Sunday school today. Hi all-Mima
Old 08-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #84  

Default Hey There

Mima- I think it is so nice you had such a nice Birthday. Sounds like they had a great surprise for you.. G/grandchildren are something I have to look forward to.
It is still giving us some hit and miss showers.. I love the rain. Don't like taking Christie out in it. She can't make up her mind where she wants to go. I wonder if it is just Pugs that are so picky..She loves to smell around.. Maybe I just need to be more patient.
Hello everybody Joanne
Old 08-25-2008, 06:41 AM   #85  

Well, we are back to thunderstorms after 4 beautiful days. You will get your nice weather in the winter when everyone is shoveling, Joanne
Got an e-mail from our missionary friend Isaac-his wife died in Jamaica . She has been paralyzed since 2001. And she was a saint. What an attitude for someone bedridden. We went to see her this year and I am so grateful we made the effort. They have 2 teenage daughters.
Our tenant has taken over the mowing so we will give him a little off the rent. It's worth it to Brad.
Man-this place is discombobulted with all my bd stuff etc.
I like Mondays-I get organized again. Mima
Old 08-25-2008, 05:56 PM   #86  

Hello ladies! Mima, the party sounds like it was nice! Glad that they had it for you. Sorry to hear about Isaac's wife. Good for the tenant mowing the lawn! Definitely worth it.

Joanne, it used to take Kramer a while to decide on his spot to go too.

I went to the doctor this afternoon. He is putting me back on the dosage of bp medicine I was on before. He had just lowered the dose right before Bob passed. I have been taking it here at home, and up until the past several days, it has been fine. The doctor thinks it could be linked to Tim going back to school, and that since I am really here alone, that the grieving process might really just be starting. I think he could be right. He told me to take my bp several times a day and write it down. If it doesn't show improvement within a week, come back in. If it does, he wants to see me in a few months.

The life insurance check came today, so now I can pay the funeral home. I told the doctor that was a relief right there! I know that they were being patient about it, but it bothered me that I owed them. I think (hope) that most of the medical bills are paid.

Hope you are all having a great day! I started counting calories again and writing everything down yesterday. I changed my tracker last week because I had gained a few pounds the past month and a half. Need to get back with it.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:15 AM   #87  

Hi all-it must be difficult without Tim-can you imagine that he's a junior!! Right? Counting food will help you feel like you are in control.
Another storm to watch!!
Since we haven't sold the camper, we are thinking of renting a campsite nearby for a couple of months so that we can go back and forth. It's a shame to have it sit out here. Maybe for the season. Brad doesn't want to work as much. There are a few nearby-one that I used to go to when I was single. Next Monday we are going to look. I am going to Suzanne's for the weekend.
It's going to be cool and I still haven't gotten my heavier bathrobe.
Are you still getting rain, Joanne. Hi Meme-Anne-Candace who I am sure is busy. I am going to try to post a picture . Mima
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mima's 70th Birthday 011.jpg (40.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 08-26-2008, 07:35 AM   #88  

I love the picture!!!! You look pretty happy birthday girl!!

Yes, Tim is a junior, in fact 2nd semester last year he had enough hours to be a junior. He's cutting back on the amount of classes he is taking this fall to get his grade point average up. I'm glad that he made that decision. He needs to have a certain gpa to do his internship next fall.

Nothing much planned for the day. I have clothes in the washer already. Maybe I'll spend part of the day getting caught up on the bible reading. I sure am behind on that.

Hello to all!
Old 08-27-2008, 03:07 AM   #89  

Have been busy but have been having some pain, too.

Glad you had a Happy BD Mima. You sure do LOOK happy in that pic.

We've been having a lot of rain coming from the south. Joanne, can't believe you just got light rain from that. It has poured here for the last couple of days. Couldn't find a dry spot to take Ginger out in. She got soaked several times. She would run out and lift that little leg and pee and run right back in but still be soaked to the skin. (Yes, she pees like a boy dog.) ha Guess she's afraid she'll get her feet wet. No worries there the past couple of days, all four were wet. I kept a towel by the door for her.

I permed my hair yesterday and now it's frizzy. Should've known better.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:16 AM   #90  

Good morning. Darn dog waking Brad up right now. He barks at people going by. Thanks everyone for the greetings. I lost one of my presents-hope it's still at Bobby's/
Started organizing for Fl-got 4 days work coming up and a wedding so that cuts into my time.
It's getting cool here. Still can't find a winter robe. Maybe on Sat when I go with Suzanne.
Now Gustav!! Yikes. I see where you are getting rain. Meme. It's been quite a season starting in the spring.
Trying to help Auntie out with her insurance. They keep dropping her and she's had to pay over 300 for her meds. Everyone has been helping her.But no one is getting anywhere, Mima
Closed Thread