Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 04:43 PM   #76  

We planned to go this weekend to look at sleep number beds, but the new med that Bob is taking has kept him pretty close to the bathroom! Sure is going to have trouble going for the ultrasound this week and the wedding this weekend if he can't get away from the bathroom!! I guess I thought the posturepedic was a memory foam? I am so confused by all of the websites I've been to about mattresses.

My niece's wedding is an afternoon wedding. The reception will be afterwards. We are staying overnight so we don't have the drive home. We'll go down on Friday afternoon and go to the rehearsal dinner that night at the hotel where we are staying.

Anne, glad to hear you are settled! It's a good feeling even though you have some pain, right?

Mima, $4500 for a cake! That is unreal!!!!!

We have the wedding this weekend, 2 in July, and another one in October.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #77  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody
Tammy- Sounds like Bob was retaining fluid..Enjoy the weddings.. My G/son is getting married on the 28th.. We will go up on Friday.. Everything I have heard says this will be big.
Mima- What is the icing made of GOLD.. I have never heard of a cake that expensive.Ofcourse I guess they are these days. I was told that when the G/son and his girl picked out theirs they had a cake tasteing..We had to laught.. We bought our kids cakes at Publix..A little over 100 dollars.
Happy -The rug won't get cleaned until I do it.. I will vacumn good and spot clean tomorrow.. My brother comes Tuesday.. He will just have to close his eyes..
Hello Meme, Candice..Joanne
Old 06-23-2008, 06:41 AM   #78  

I will let you know what the cake looked like-that wedding is Sept. 14.
What a morning in church-Pastor told us about his deteriorating eyes-from diabetes-it's affecting his readimg and recognition of faces from a distance. He's only 61. Then the group of deacons got up and prayed over him. It was awesome.
And then last night=the Summer talent show that started off with the music director singing an aria with her brown lab joining her. It was too funny. Then many others displayed their talents-then ice cream and strawberries-i had icecream.
Brad and I had a 3 hour nap also. Never sleep that long/
I sure hope Bob adjusts to the med. Hate that side effect.
I have 2 weeks of Sunday school lessons -I am a substitute. I really like doing that. Plus we are having bible study here but I only have to do drinks and rolls-everyone else is bringing something.
Strong storms today. We are so fortunate not to have floods etc.
Can we see a pic of the pillow . Joanne/-I am sure it's gorgeous.
I only needed my rugs cleaned because of all the construction last year. And the year before. here's a hint-NEVER put carpeting on stairway to get in your house-(I mean inside a hallway.)
Mima
Old 06-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #79  

Default Hey There

Mima- I already gave the pillow to the bride.. If they take a picture of it I will try to get Eleni to put it on the site.. I have no way to do that..I was beautiful,if I say so myself..My daughter said 'why didn't you make mine like that.' Well I only made the wedding gown and every other gown in the wedding including the grooms mothers and mine..They put me in the hospital in traction the day after the wedding.. My back went out big time.I told everyone not to tell my daughter,but, she called home and found out..What a memory!
Hello everybody.. Real busy day.. Back later. Joanne
Old 06-24-2008, 06:44 AM   #80  

Oh my goodness!!! About your back. Those daughter's weddings will do it to you. That pillow will be a keepsake!!
It's not raining right now but it may be later. 2 PT sessions to go. I have to be good and do my exercises 2x a day. One of them makes my ribs hurt-that old injury from moving in 2000. It never went away.

Finally got my stimulus check-it's going right in our savings-took a lot out of that for the wedding. The groom is home until Sat. Suzanne says she's not going to think about it til Friday-just enjoy him being home.
Getting ready to have bible study here Friday night.
Where is the wedding? I sure hope Tammy gets to go to hers. Mima
Old 06-24-2008, 09:43 PM   #81  

Joanne, we both have weddings on the 28th. Too bad we can be at the same one!! One of my aunts made my wedding cake as a wedding gift to us. My cousin did all the photographs as a gift. I like having talented relatives!! Tell your brother hello!!!

Mima, how sad about your pastor's eyes! Our pastor is also diabetic. Sunday morning he got up to sing while his wife played the guitar, and he passed out because he didn't eat breakfast. His doctor goes to our church, we also had a paramedic and an RN go flying to the front of the church. Scary.

Tomorrow morning we are having a woman come to the house to give us an estimate for cleaning. We try to keep up with things but it is becoming harder to do. The windows and screens need washed. Tim has been so busy with his job at Arby's, and he has tried to do things here too. I told Bob that when Tim goes back to school, I'd like someone to come in every other week to do some things (bathroom, kitchen). I can't clean the tubs like I would like, and anymore, bob isn't able to do much of anything. He ran the sweeper today. It took him over an hour. He sweeps a room, sits down for a while, does another, and so on. We don't live in a big place. He is totally worn out now. It's a pain getting older and not being in good health.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:43 AM   #82  

It sure is-it's hard to accept the fact that you can't do it anymore and have to rely on someone else-that alone makes you feel older. Sometimes I have the girl across the street come to dust and that's what I should do for Friday-thanks for reminding me. Even when I worked, I had someone come every month. But now, I don't want to spend the money!! This is a tough time for you, Tammy. Get all the help you can get. My thoughts and prayers are with you .
Speaking of help. the new tenant says he will help in the yard and we can give him a break on the electric. Brad needs help because he is so busy.
It's gorgeous here today, Brad is going to be on a roof -the police station-moving AC units.
Hi everyone. Mima
Old 06-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #83  

The lady who was supposed to come to give us an estimate called and said she was caught up with another job, so she couldn't make it today. She did tell me that she thought once a month would be plenty for her to come since it would just be 2 of us after Tim goes back to school. I was thinking every other week, so I don't know. I am going to call a couple others and check what they have to say.

Mima, that is great about the new tenant saying he'll help in the yard!
Old 06-26-2008, 06:14 AM   #84  

If the new tenant ever moves in-he keeps calling but pushing the date off-he's waiting for his brother to give him some money. We will have 3 months to see if this works out.
I would guess once a month is good for heavy cleaning. It's amazing how much of the house cleaning is clutter which i used to put away before the cleaning lady came.
We are going to supper tonight. Brad is only going to work a half day. We got a call about the camper from someone quite far away so I will send her some pics before they drive out.
Last PT today.
And what are you ladies wearing to the weddings? Mima
Old 06-26-2008, 09:31 AM   #85  

Good morning.

Mima - I sure hope this fellow will be a good tennant. I would be second guessing my decision to rent to him, by now. Sounds like he doesn't have any money, so I wonder how he will pay the rent, or the heat come winter, while you are gone.

You are right. It is the CLUTTER that builds up and makes it look messy. My hubby picks up after himself and so do I, so we don't have a big problem with that, thank goodness. It only takes a couple of minutes to put stuff back, but takes a very long time when you let it build up.

Tammy - I hope Bob finds some energy somewhere. Poor fellow. I sure know how that feels, but he is sick on top of it all. Getting someone to help out sounds like a good idea. Thankfully, we don't need that. Hubby is good at vacuuming for me, and he looks after the garbage and a whack of other stuff. I do the general house cleaning, but it isn't too bad for just the two of us. I love living in the space I have, because it IS easy to look after. No stairs. I can't do them. I, also, have a terrible time doing the bathtubs, but we only use one. I have to DUST the other one I wait for a day I can bend easier and then go to it. I am going to buy one of those steam cleaners for the floors. I don't do well vacuuming, but I might be able to use that once in a while, when I have to wash the floors. If not - ANOTHER JOB FOR HUBBY

Joanne - Hope you are keeping well. Seems like you "baby" keeps you busy enough. Hope you are enjoying your visit with your brother.

Well, I must run. Days off are not fun, have too much running around to do on them. It seems I am spending them waiting for service people to come out, and then they don't do anything and my whole day is shot. Today, i have to take my car in - AGAIN. In the Honda CRV, there is a brakelight on the back window. When our car was rear-ended last year, we had to get a new door and window put in. Now the brakelight falls off. So they put in a new one last Thursday, and it fell of by Monday. So back again today for another new window and hopefully a FIX!!! I, also, stayed home monday to get the Intercom working here. Nobody can buzz us from the lobby. Waited until after lunch, the tech came out, said he didn't see a problem, that it just needed to be programmed. The fellow who does the programming came out YESTERDAY, and it still is not working!! Makes a person want to scream!!

I will leave you with that, as I must go get ready to take my car in.

Everybody have a good day.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:33 PM   #86  

Default Hey There

Happy- Yes Christie keeps me busy. And the hubby and all the house work etc.. I am having a free weekend as we took Christie to the vets for the weekend. I have my self pretty much ready for our trip tp N/Fl.
Mima- If you have a Penny's catalog look at the better dresses. I am wearing a green linen with chiffon flouce on the bottom and jacket sleeves. It has pink flowers on the edges.It is kinda long for a afternoon wedding but my daughter wanted me to wear it..so she got on the internet and ordered it..
Tammy- Is Bob feeling any better?
I would be thankful for a women to come in one time a month..It seems to be harder all the time to do everything that needs done..
I asked the guy who used to mow for us to trim the sidewalks. At first he said no and then he decided to do it for me. He say Louie trying to mow the yard. He told him to put the mower away and he would do it this weekend.. It is just too much for my stubborn hubby. The guy got mad at him a while back and didn't want to do it and Louie really didn't want him to do it. Men!Hopefully Louie will let him keep doing it.I hope the guy will come do it before we get back.. We paid him already..
Hello Candice,Meme..
I will be off till monday. You all have a good weekend..
Joanne
Old 06-26-2008, 10:16 PM   #87  

Mima, I think I'd be concerned about the renter. Hopefully things will work out. One of my friends just bought a pop-up camper. She and one of her granddaughters are going camping this weekend. For the rehearsal dinner, I am wearing a light pink dress with some flowers on it. For the wedding, I am wearing a light blue dress with white dots with a white jacket. I have white shoes to go with both of them.

Anne, my hubby would love you!! I am the clutter queen! I do better than I used to!!! I also love the place where we live. No steps, not too big. We have 2 bedrooms, 2 bath, laundry, living room/kitchen/dining combo, and a Florida room that we use as an office. I would be screaming about the car and the intercom! I get frustrated too easily sometimes.

Bob went for an ultrasound this morning. He didn't read the paper work last night, and he didn't realize he wasn't supposed to eat anything. I didn't know it either because I didn't read it. He ate a cookie and a drink of water about 6 this morning. The technician said she couldn't tell by looking at the gall bladder and liver if the size was caused by the disease or the cookie. She was very nice! We go again next Wednesday morning, and we'll do it right this time! When we walked into the hospital, a volunteer came up with a wheelchair for Bob. He refused it, and she kept trying to convince him to use it.

Joanne, I hope that person starts taking care of your yard!! Have a great time at the wedding!

We leave tomorrow, and I'll be back sometime Sunday night.
Have a great weekend!!
Old 06-27-2008, 06:19 AM   #88  

Well, you will be missed. Your dresses sound pretty. Weddings are so nice-especially if you don't have to pay for them -Haha!! Wouldn't have missed it for the world.
The tenant called and his brother gave him the money-they are settling an estate-he is paying us weekly. He really is nice-he's paying the bills for the house he's living in-it will be better when he's here. He has a good job.
We have 3 months to see.
We went to the get together for Jim-4 hours of driving, So many of his relatives were there, And I had a nice talk with Bobby's gf. She sells real estate and she has been busy!!
We are having a problem with someone that was making payments on money that Brad had lent her many years ago, I am grateful we can live without that income but I am praying about what we should do. She likes to gamble. Don't know if she still does that. But I do know she manipulates the truth.
Well, bible study tonight. I would love to live in your condo Anne. But that is terrible about your car, At least it's from the accident and not the people that make Hondas. My son has an Honda that has almost 200, 000 miles and still going strong.
So where are you Meme and Candace. Have fun at your weddings, ladies!! Mima
Old 06-30-2008, 10:33 AM   #89  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody
I am home and getting back into a routine!!1 I still have my brother here so this will be short.
The wedding was beautiful. The flowers at the reception were unbelievable.. They must have spent biiiiig bucks there. One thing sure.. They are big country music fans.. There was a band playing country all night. A Alan Jackson piece at the wedding. I was looking around for Alan Jackson. I couldn't find him..That would have made the day!!!!It all was lovely..
Back Later...Joanne
Old 06-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #90  

The funny thing is that she sent the check! Go figure.
So glad you enjoyed the wedding, Sounds really nice. Jim and Suzanne had a lot of country music at their's. Boohoo-he;s flying to Kuwait today!
Went to eye docs this morning. Should have had Brad take me because I couldn't see for 90 minutes. Finally went back in and got some sun glasses. Just forgot about that part.
Bye for now. Mima
Closed Thread