Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 05:24 AM   #61  

Well, Candace-some of us are old ladies!!!But with age comes wisdom-however no one will listen to us!!!! Ha!!
I sure hope Brett contacts his father today,
Oh, Tammy, I pray there is some hope. No wonder he doesn't feel well. Remember God is bigger than the problem,
We have new cell phones and hope that they get better reception in the house.
Someone is coming at 1 to see the camper-many people come to see it but no one buys it!!!!
Maybe something is turning around-Bob's gf sold 3 houses on Friday,
The head of the handyman team went to our house yesterday and fixed our problem and made sure it was draing before he left.He told us we had a hole in the floor in front of the AC unit so I guess we will put in the flooring sooner than later. I think it would be a nice thing if we had a handyman team at our church. They are looking for new ministries,
When are you moving in Candace.
I have such a flareup of fibro. My right shoulder needs a shot. Even my back is not good.
Tammy, the newer sheets fit over the bigger height of the mattress. I think I am going to put something under my side of the bed, I sure hope the new mattress is not the cause of my problem-I think it's helping Brad get the new mattress into the bedroom that did it.
Enough whining.Have a nice day, Mima
Old 06-15-2008, 07:00 AM   #62  

Just about to head home and thought I would check in again....

Mima...I found the thread with the wedding pic..beautiful bride and she looks so happy

I hope it just rains and does not storm or I will not get my beauty rest or as DH calls it crabby rest!

We have a firm sealy with a deep pillow top, 5 years now and it is great but we flip every 3 months..pain! I bought a 2" thick memory foam for a twin bed here and love it..just sits on top and pull a sheet over it.

Joanne..Christy sounds delightful Our pup is spoiled rotten too.

Happy ALREADY MOVED, you are a master at it!

Tammy..hope Bob gets better....

Meme..hope you are sleeping in...maybe we can chat on W Messanger sometime????

begginning to hurt like and "old" lady so better head home for rest....Nighty Nighty!
Old 06-15-2008, 12:01 PM   #63  

Default Hey There

Tammy-- You buy deep pockets fitted sheets..
As to Bob. It is good to be positive ,but, be realistic as much as you can. If his condition worsens maybe finding a support group would help you..As I told you I worked with families with the same or same as concerns as you have.. If ever you feel the need to reach out I am as close as email or phone..
Candice ..you are right .Christie is spoiled.. I say a couple trying to decide on a food dish for their dog in w/m. I told the guy ,my dog eats well of of a plate. He grumped at me'that's because you spoil it'.No, that's because that is what she wants to eat out of..
Mima- We get a book from Medicare every year.. I bet they will send you one or maybe you can pick one up at the medicare office..You can go on line and put in Memory foam mattress and it will go right to a site that you can get them.. They are cheaper than you find in the stores and better.. We love ours..
Happy -we would love to have some of your rain.. It is very dry here.. A lot of my flowers and bushes did not bloom this year because of the drought..Not one bloom on the flowering trees..
Meme- Hope you have recouped by now..My arthritis is kicked in big time.. The more pain med I take the worse my stomach hurts.. It is a no win situation.
Joanne
Old 06-16-2008, 05:33 AM   #64  

Good morning-we had a nice Father;s Day-went out to eat with Aunt Bev who is recently widowed-she has been coming to church-that was fun-turns out we both go to the same massage person. She is 80.
Brett never called his father-don't know what's going on with them. Like I said, he goes along with Angela. I feel like yelling at them, getting back, etc. But then I am a Christian and I can't do that. !!!!!!!!!!!
But Suzanne called Brad and wished him a nice Father's Day. He was going to tease her back but I told him to say thank you-and then they were having a nice conversation.
We got new cell phones and they get great reception-thanks to Angela's father who told us what kind to get.
My back is much better. I guess I won't have to get a shot. I def should swim 2x a week. They have a jacuzzi.
Catch up day-I like Mondays to get stuff done I ignored all weekend.
Hope you are settled Anne-send us pics-and you too candace.
Pretty soon we will have a dog downstairs-hope he's not a barker. Mima
Hi meme and Tammy-I agree with Joanne about a support group.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:55 PM   #65  

We were talking again today about a new mattress. The one we have is over 10 years old. The one on Tim's bed is probably 25 years old. I think it needs a new one also. I tried a posture-pedic mattress at a store the other day. I asked the salesman if I could just take a nap. He told me that was fine, and he would wake me at 5:00 when they close.

Today Bob has taken a couple of walks, and he has eaten better. He is still very fatigued though. A support group sounds like a good idea. I don't even know where to begin to find one. I guess when we go to the doctor on Friday, maybe they could give me suggestions. I honestly don't know what to expect as the disease worsens. He said last night that he was going outside to look at the moon because he won't have many more to look at. It was like someone punched me in the stomach.

Mima, what kind of cell phones did you get? The one I have is in the Verizon network, and it is a Samsung brand. Glad the handyman could fix the problem.

Joanne, I know what you mean about the meds causing other problems than what you are taking them for. A vicious circle!

Candice, I hope you got your beauty rest!!!

Tim left after work today to go visit his gf. He called a few minutes ago to say he was there (3 hr. drive). He'll be home sometime on Wednesday before he goes to work at 5.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:11 AM   #66  

Hi-as far as support groups go, I went to Al-anon for many years. It's great for those affected by someone's drinking. And then I went to Adult children of alcoholics because I grew up affected by drinking etc. That's where my healing began. But I am sure there are groups for someone in your situation Tammy. That is so sad. I think the doctor visit Friday will be helpful-I am sure your friends are a good support. I guess we are your friends too.
I was so upset yesterday about the Brett and Angela situation and today I figured out that I feel like a victim and that's not a good place for me. So I need to take charge and step back. And establish boundaries. Hey-I learned that in ACOA and also Codependents anonymous. I am so glad tp have a friend that's also been through all that.
We went to the new Superwalmart-they didn't have their own brands in hardly anything. We love the one in FL> So then we stopped at our grocery store and now I have to go to the other walmart to get things I forgot. They have their own brand. All that to find good prices but we will stick with our old store til we get to FL.
Lousy weather all week.
Suzanne wants us to meet up with them next week to have dinner before JIm goes away but the place is near Jim's parents and 3 and a half hours drive for us (in all)after Brad works all day. I want to go but they are not taking us into consideration. Half way would be nice!!
PT at 9. Getting ready for the rug cleaning. Mima
Old 06-17-2008, 06:45 AM   #67  

ps-the phone is an LG and our 2 year contract was up so we got them for 29.99 each after a $50 rebate each. They take pics and have a voice activation feature like I can say Call Brad and it will. But first you have to use the menu. Mima
Old 06-18-2008, 04:47 AM   #68  

Tammy, I must have missed something...what kind of iullness does Bob have? Did you really take a nap in the store????? They say you should lay for at least 30 min.

Joanne, our poor dog eats off of anything! But now he begs for food when we eat, since we started giving him apple bites and carrots when we are eating them..big mistake!

Mima, we have a big jet tub in the master at the new house, I do not like it..can't hardley get in and out and its not comfortable sitting in it. Too much work to clean it up too but DH thinks he is gonna use it every night. I prefer a shower.....just quick and clean.

Well we did windows today and I am hurting and bushed...we have the Anderson double hung pullout kind but they are pain in the butt to work..I can't do it alone, which is what I thought I could do. There is new construcion near by so lost of dirt flying around. Need to get some rest so my son and I can run around to stores again, got a headache due to muscloe in shoulders from doing windows!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 08:11 AM   #69  

We have a jacuzzi but it was hard to get in and out of so now we have a separate shower, Still haven't cleaned the tub. Have the stuff.
Rug cleaning people coming between 8 and 12.
Bought a memory foam piece to put under my side of the bed . Now I am all set.
Bye for now. Mima-send pics of your new house sometime, Candace.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:22 AM   #70  

Candice, Bob has cirrhosis of the liver. He had inherited a liver problem from his dad, and we didn't know that until a little over a year ago. Alcohol of course makes the problems worse. He was always a drinker (beer), and he was advised to stop drinking completely but he didn't. He almost died in September. He has not had any alcohol since Sept. 2. He has even given up Pepsi because it bothers him now.

Bob said earlier that he is looking forward to the doctor visit today just so we can get some of our questions answered. Usually he dreads going.

As for the nap in the store, I really didn't do it. BUT it was sooooo tempting! I think we are going to go somewhere when Bob feels ok to check out those sleep number beds. Since he and I can't agree completely on a mattress, that might be our only option. His niece and her husband have one.

Hope your shoulders are feeling better!! We have construction going on near us also. They broke ground last week for the new school close to us, and since then there has been a constant stream of traffic. We live on a cul-de-sac, so it doesn't go right in front of the house, but we are close enough. They have also been repaving the highway that we turn from. It has been interesting. Bob's son works for the road crew, so we have gotten to see him quite a bit lately.

Mima, are you going to be able to meet up with Suzanne and Jim next week? It's too bad they couldn't find a more central location for you to meet.

Hello to everyone else!!
I'll try to get back on after the doctor's appointment. Maybe it will be more positive than I am thinking.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:18 PM   #71  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody.
Tammy- I bought a sealy posterpedic. That is the mattress that kept us in pain for so long. The hubby would not and still won't get rid of it because of the cost. My daughter bought a sleep number bed.. Now we both have a memory foam topper. I have a 4 in. she gave us and she has a 6 in. Go figure..My bother and his wife have a memory foam bed.. When this one wears out or I am alone someday I will have no other..
I sure hope the results on Bob were good..Let us know.
Mima- I wish I had a hot tub.. I have got in my son's a couple times. I didn't want to get out.My rug needs cleaned. I do it once a year. Then spot clean ..Got to do that before my brother comes next week.
Candice- My hubby spoiled our dog giving her from his plate.. I am constantly yelling at him. Pugs get fat really fast. Also her stomach cannot stand somethings. I am going to make him clean up the next time she vomits..She got a real upset a couple weeks ago and I was cleaning pooh and vomit.. I was really mad at him.She is really good about going outside to do her business. I walk her 4 times a day for just that and exercise for both of us..
Hello Meme and Happy..
Joanne
Old 06-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #72  

Just got home from the doctor. He is upping some of the meds to help with the swelling. He is concerned about the increase in the numbers, but didn't seem terribly concerned. He prescribed another med to help with the confusion that we are seeing. He also talked to us about some of the concerns that we have being caused by the liver disease. (fatigue, nause, lack of appetite) He did mention transplant, but he said we are not to that stage yet. Bob goes for an ultrasound of the gall bladder and liver next week. He will also have more bloodwork done before he goes back to Dr. W the end of July. His weight was 184, and his BP was 107/64.

That's all for now.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:22 AM   #73  

Well, good morning. Rugs came out great. I have been thinking about you going to the doc's-I sure hope Bob gets some strength back.
We had a great Bible study last night and everyone helped with the food. I am having it here next week and I only will make rolls-just trust that everything else will show up.
We are going to a wedding today-it's an hour and a half away-another evening one. Auntie and I agreed we don't like evening weddings but that's all we are going to lately.
I told Suzanne that was too far-especially during the week. We want them to meet us another night half way-45 minutes for each of us. But Jim only has a few days home so that might not happen. We do want to see him.
My stomache is not good.
We will have a dog here soon. She is 8-hope she is not a barker-tenant wants to put in a doggie door for when he is at work-in the garage,
Bye for now Mima
Old 06-21-2008, 11:05 AM   #74  

Good morning.

Mima - you are brave, letting a renter bring in a dog. Unless he is kept extememly clean, it might end up smelling. Not all dog owners take care of the necessary things - like CLEANING up. They do, however, lover their dogs.
Hope you feel better soon. Nice to get the rugs cleaned. I had Hans clean the ones in the new place before we moved in. What a difference. No FUZZ and carpet dust, that normally comes off the new ones. My allergies don't like that, much!

Tammy - I sure hope Bob will be ok. I know this can't be a happy time for you. Hope you find a good bed. It is so darn important to be able to be comfortable.

Joanne - hope you got or will get your rugs cleaned. I can't stand getting them done professionally, as I can't breath right from the stuff they clean them with. I clean them myself (well actually, I DON'T, but hubby does) and they come out beautifully.

Meme - how are you doing?

Candace - nice to see you popping in from time to time. When the heck are you moving? Is your other place sold? Just don't overdo it.

I am all moved in and settled, and have been working this week. I am kind of tired. It is good for the mind to work, but very hard on the body. My choice and the mind wins

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:18 AM   #75  

Good morning. Stanley Steamer uses steam to clean. I was ok after.
Wow-what a wedding. We started eating at 7 and didn't finish til 10:40. Starting with hor's douevres being passed to a sundae. I am glad not to pay for that wedding. The young man that got married was adopted by my cousin when he was a baby-my aunt was actually taking care of him-she took care of foster children all her life-he actually looks like his father and what a nice young man!!
2 late nights in a row!!! One more wedding in Sept-that groom said they were getting married on the beach!!! And her aunt was providing a $4500 cake. Brad thinks all of this is ridiculous-he thinks you should have a reception in the church hall put on by the ladies of the church. That's the way he was brought up.The only one that did that was a Pastor's daughter.
I think we are skipping Sunday school. But not church. And there is a talent show tonight.
Bye for now-Mima
Closed Thread