Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 12:02 AM   #1  

Default New Discovery

All Who Are Interested:
I love to share all the good things in life. If you are still looking for that one program to help you with your goals, consider this: I have found this one to be healthy and easy for me as a diabetic. I love to lose the inches and not worry about the pounds. I tried WW, but this suites me better. It is called Glycolean. My friends in the community have been happy with it as well so I just wanted to see if anyone else had heard of it. Let me know. Thanks

laura
Old 02-18-2002, 01:34 PM   #2  

Default Smells like a sales pitch ...

This and other posts I am reading from you sound way too much like a sales pitch - which I assume are against the rules of the board.

If you want to be part of the debate on the GI, just go to the Joslin clinic - but PLEASE dont assume any of us are stupid enough to believe there is a magic potion or solution. Dont get me wrong, I have the book on the GI and am investigating adding some of the stuff into my diets and I have a diabetic success story - have lost 102 lbs since July and all my BG are in normal range - but I post under the diabetic forum. If anyone asks how I did it, I tell them, but I guess I could be a millionare if I was smart (or cruel) enough to claim I have made a new discovery. Puleez!

There are no miracles and GI is NOT new, but different programs work for everyone. If this was THE magic solution, you could be sure that it would be on the headlines of the WSJ, all medical journals, etc. Other than that, sounds like you might stand to gain some $$$ for finding vulnerable participants.

Again, I am not meaning to debate whether it worked for you or not, but I think we should leave advertising for the naive to the advertisers - this board is for sharing between people (and no, soliciting like this is NOT sharing.

To me, the typical sales pitch is when I see the same post all over promising the "solution".

For anyone interested, the basic principal behind the GI is that they have studied groups of people, non and diabetic and compared their blood sugar levels at certain points after eating items on the list and compared them with same numbers eating pure glucose. They take the average of 10 people (thats right, only 10 people) and rate everything (basically into low, med, high numbers). Theoretically, eating low GI is good for your BG (versus just going low carbs). This is NO different than ADA teaching (where we learn to mix a little protein,fat with carbs to slow down the sugar output. Anyway, sorry for the long post, but I am seeing this sales pitch all over the board and I hate things designed to nab the naive ...

Last edited by Sebago; 02-18-2002 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-18-2002, 11:19 PM   #3  

Sorry, you seem to be misunderstood. Freedom of speech is part of the basic constitutional right. The folks in my circle of influence go beyond the information you shared, but thanks for the readers digest version you gave. Part of sharing info is getting it correct and making others aware of their options. It doesn't matter what choice is taken, just sharing experiences and support here. You sound negative and bitter. That is too bad. Don't bring the rest of us down though. That is not fair. On a more happy note, I am glad you are looking out for others. That is important, but I am not interested in anything else. You seem to be on the wrong track with that conclusion. Sorry for that.
Old 02-18-2002, 11:40 PM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

Exclamation You ARE Spamming!

I just PM'd you, Healthy Options, but just as a reminder here are the FORUM RULES that you agreed to when you registered:

Quote:
This forum is used to share support and is not to be used to advertise other websites or any other type of advertisements. You agree not to post any advertising messages.

Also note that messages intended to promote potentially unsafe and/or controversial weight loss procedures or products (including but not limited to non-medically prescribed supplements and MLM products) are considered inappropriate and may (at the discretion of the website owners) be removed without warning. This rule is intended to protect our users from Multi-Level Marketing schemes, or other hidden sales tactics, which are strictly prohibited on this site.
I have informed Suzanne 3FC and I am sure she will be in touch with you soon.

We work hard at keeping 3FC a spam-free forum for everyone...and this is what you agreed to when you signed on.

No matter what you say, you are SPAMMING.
Closed Thread