Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 12:44 PM   #1  

Angry Fibromyalgia #44

Good morning , afternoon or whatever it is where you live.

Hi Jill - welcome to the fold. I live in Canada and have never been to Michigan (western Canada) Hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us do. I am one of the ones having trouble getting motivated and mostly getting started. I guess next week, I will go join ww.

Joanne - you are absolutely right. I wish I DIDN'T see it so well
At least housework does have SOME merit - it is a form of exercise, and it is cheaper than going to a spa

Mima - 80 degrees above zero eh? Well, it is about 9 above zero here and is going to get colder for the next few days. Do you hear ME complaining? NO!!! We have had a phenominal winter, hardly any cold weather and no snow to speak of for over 1 1/2 months. Of course, what we did get, is still laying around, and we got a dusting of snow the other day. The little ones love it, as it is so nice outside they can play, and they use the hills behind this place to sled. I am glad that you and your grand daughter are having a good reunion. MIMA!!!! listen to the one who can't get with it, but get back on that program, as it sneaks on so steadily, that before you know it, you are back in the same old bad habits. It seems they are still the easiest to live with.

Meme - keep on running girl! I am so happy for you - having lost those pounds - good work - you keep that up, because you will be looking great in just a little while. My daughter has lost 70 pounds on ww and she looks so nice, but she is still not happy. She says she still sees a fat person when she looks in the mirror! Dieting is ok, as long as you don't let it take over your life, because life is about living, I think; and a big part of life is about socializing and that means food. I think we all have to learn how to control it, but still enjoy it. Maybe ww is the way to go. I certainly will give it a try. I have had success with ww before, many years ago, but the last time I went, nothing moved; but this is a whole different program, so who knows.

Ally - come on ww with me. We can do this, and I think some of the stress will leave as well. Eating a bunch of sugar and carbs won't help the FM, that is for sure. Chew on beef jerky or something that takes a very long time to eat. I hope things are settling down for you now. You poor girl, what you need is a great big hug, so here it is (((((((((( )))))))))))) I have NO idea if that is how you make a hug or not, but that is what it is meant to be

Well, I have now completed 2 weeks of aqua areobics and it feels great to be back in the pool. I made it to the fourth time, which is one more than I could do before. After 3 times, my back would be so sore, and locked up, it just wasn't worth it. I bought my pass yesterday and it is good until the end of March (10 punches) so it should be fine. They have the aerobics and the deep water exercises going at the same time, and you can go to whichever you wish. I think I might give the deep water exercises a try next week, to check them out.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 01-18-2002, 07:11 PM   #2  

Default Hi

Happy- I wish they had a place close by me so I could take water exercise. I don't have a pool and the ones I know of at friends are so cold I don't want to go in them. If I hit the lotto I'll get my own ,with heated water. Thr spa's are very expensive here. I think you will like WW. There are no limited foods. It is really mainly portion control.
Meme .so far today I have some banked points. Now all I need to do is last till bedtime.
See you all in the A.M. ...Joanne
Old 01-18-2002, 10:16 PM   #3  

Default Hello

I am so new to this I am still lost. I joined TOPS last week and went to my second meeting last night and had gained 1/4 pound. I was a little disapointed. I am starting to write down everything I eat...What a job...I didn't realize until now what a pain it is... It makes me realize just what went into my mouth today.. too much..

have a great day...
Old 01-19-2002, 01:07 AM   #4  

Default Hi

Hi Linda, glad to see you made it to the board. The weekend can be really quiet, but usually someone stops in. Keeping a food diary is a wonderful way to keep track - we usually don't think we are eating as much as we are. I will have to go that route as well. I think I will be joining ww next week. My daughter has lost 70 pounds on it and the ladies on this thread have done very well with it. Meme just started on ww about a month ago or so.

Hi Jill. Come join us again, please.
Old 01-19-2002, 07:30 AM   #5  

Default Hello

good morning!!!I am fine with eating all day long and then I eat at Mike's at night. He spent 38$ on lobster last night. It's not my favorite food but it was good. Anyhow, I started walking again even though I hurt. And I hope to swim today-I am at Mike's all the time so I haven't had a chance to go in the pool. Alison has a baseball game this morning-she hits the ball and someone pushes her around the bases. Plus she has a position to catch between first and second. Anything to keep her part of the mainstream. Every night she reminds me to take my Beano.My car should be here soon. Mike's letting me take his car tonight so I can go to church. They have a big van too because they have to pack 2 wheelchairs-they have a 5 year old who got slammed against the wall when he was 1 and now cannot see, walk, or talk. But he sure can smile. And he loves music. The person that did it only spent a year in jail-the mother's boyfriend. Mike and Jill are medical foster parents so you never know who they will be taking care of.
Hope everyone has a good weekend. Do something good for yourself Ally after the week you had. Hi to everyone else and welcome Linda. Mima
Old 01-19-2002, 03:46 PM   #6  

Howdy Jill and Linda. Hope to get to know you.
I HOPE bad things don't come in threes...... no maybe I do. I have had at three three crappy weeks. I should be at the end of all that for a few minutes.
Old Boyfriend called out of the blue. Am going to his house for dinner. That kept me out of the fridge and cupboards today. Too bad I can't lose 20 pounds in a day.
Happy............thank you for the hug. This was a killer week.
Old 01-20-2002, 07:40 AM   #7  

Default Hello

Ally-Is old boyfriend the one you were dating recently? Hope you had a good time. Ok guys-I am NOT eating at Mike's unless I bring a WW dinner. WEnt out to an Italian place and had chicken and pasta-It's not just the calories-I'm allergic and I ache constantly. Fibro is definitely hooked up to the food I eat. No car yet-we went to the movies last night and saw Gorsam Park-an English mystery-quite good. Hey-did you hear of the link be
Old 01-20-2002, 07:42 AM   #8  

Default Hello

Ally-Is old boyfriend the one you were dating recently? Hope you had a good time. Ok guys-I am NOT eating at Mike's unless I bring a WW dinner. WEnt out to an Italian place and had chicken and pasta-It's not just the calories-I'm allergic and I ache constantly. Fibro is definitely hooked up to the food I eat. No car yet-we went to the movies last night and saw Gorsam Park-an English mystery-quite good. Hey-did you hear of the link between aspertame and fibro-also msg-it was in the AARP magazine. 2 people told me about it. Gonna go get ready for church-I borrowed one of my son's cars. Mima Hi to all
Old 01-20-2002, 06:49 PM   #9  

Default Hey There

The Weekend is almost over. I did fair on my eating but I need to do better.
Happy.. I know what you mean about seeing the dust. I live on a well traveled road and it gets in no matter how much I clean..I also have a good sized yard. I did a little outside yesterday and boy do I know it today. The old arthritis just won't let me get by with anything.Let us know how you like WW.
Meme , what's this about pasta being more points and potato less???I eat my share of both. Although I guess I would do better to cut back on those.
Candice what have you heard? I don't go to the meetings as I should,but try to keep up.
Mima.. Hello.. We had a nice day today. I like it when the weather is in the 70's.
Ally- I hope you are feeling better and things are looking better..
Welcome Linda...Hello Jill ...
Bye...Joanne
Old 01-20-2002, 08:34 PM   #10  

Default Hello

I am still a little confused about how to post a reply in on this forms. Help
Old 01-21-2002, 07:28 AM   #11  

Default Hi

Hey Linsue-you just posted. We read everyone's posts and we reply to whatever we want to -except Happy-she's so good at remembering what people say. The rest of us are........! It's going to be 80 again-unusual!!I went to the pool again and swam in the cool water-the heater is broken . And I will walk this am !And I actually was pretty good eating yesterday. My son wanted me to go over for hamburgers but 39 year olds don't get what we have to go through just to maintain. 13 more days til Brad is here but who's counting?WE BOTH ARE! No car-you may hear me yelling up and down the east coast.Can't call til 9. Good thing I have a washing machine and a son. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Hey Ally-tell us all!!!!!! Candice made me tell! Better get off the phone line in case ...Bye Mima
Old 01-21-2002, 09:36 AM   #12  

Default Hello

Linda - you are also a grandmother? Where do you live? I live in western Canada and I have one little grand daughter (3 yrs.) I hope you are feeling better today. That pain has a way of imbedding itself doesn't it! Exercise sure does help - if it is the right thing. That MSG and Aspartame connection is interesting. I have an intolerance to both of these products, so I try to stay away from them. Thank goodness I am not a big pop drinker.
MSG hides under so many names it seems impossible to buy a product without it being in it. There are some good websites on this, and I will be back later to post some for you. I think eliminating them would be a good idea just for general health reasons.

Mima - Hello. Still no car, I would be fuming by now if it was me. I couldn't be without my car. 13 days to go, but this one has started, and he will arrive on the 14th day, so really you are now down to 11 days - only 12 more sleeps as my grand daughter would say How 'cold' is that swimming pool - even with the heater broken? Tomorrow it is going to be -22 or about 12 below zero or so for just a couple of days - by the weekend, we should be back to a balmy 34 degrees

Joanne - How is it going? You still have NOT told me how your knee is doing - is it still sore or is it getting better?

Meme - How are you? How is Ross doing? Are you still taking your computer course?

Ally - tell us, tell us, tell us! Hope you had a good time.

Candice - Hello. Thanks for the joke, and I believe I am at stage 5. I am posting it here for everyone to see.

Subject: 5 stages of a woman's life

The five stages of a woman's life:
1. To Grow Up
2. To Fill Out
3. To Slim Down
4. To Hold It In
5. To **** With It

Jill, Hello. Come tell us a little bit about yourself. Where do you live?

I made it through two weeks of aqua aerobics and I bought my pass on Thursday, so now I am really committed. I love it though. The water is not overly heated, but once you start moving, you wish it was cooler Actually, not in as bad a shape as I thought I was. The first couple of days, after I finished, I thought my legs were made of spaghetti, but that has now passed. I always finish in the hot tub, which I love. I have already lost inches if not weight. Just getting moving makes me feel a LOT better.
Old 01-21-2002, 01:10 PM   #13  

I saw that article about fibro and aspertame too. I feel the same about fibro and real sugar. Even on the Simpsons last nite they had a show about the evils of sugar...
Men. This is my old boyfriend who I spent 6 years with and he finally cheated on me when I wouldn't marry him. I was so hurt and so upset.... I kicked him out of my life and tried to kick him out of my heart completely but I can't. So, I HAD to go see what was on his mind. After three years, I can see that he has come to some sort of epiphany. I was the only woman he ever wanted to marry. He says that if only we had married we would still be together and happy. And even though we must have listed off five or six couples whose marriages went down the tube and relationships that should be down the tubes, he would not see that Marriage may not have been the best thing for us. BUT...I respect that I can't budge him. The guy who went back to his wife was such a wimp and so easily influenced that I would have been his Boss if we stayed together.
It was nice to know that this guy still thinks I am "the one"...but it is also nice to know that I have learned that I don't need a relationship in my life to be happy.
I can just sit and wait and see what happens next.
And HE has lost weight. We probably weigh the same right now. How embarrassing. But as much as I need to lose 20 lbs, he needs to gain 20. No butt at all.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:38 PM   #14  

What, horror of horrors, NO BUTT!
Old 01-21-2002, 07:09 PM   #15  

Default Hey

Happy... Thanks for asking..My leg is a lot better. It really took that injection a long time to be effective. I walk 3+ miles every day and I just was really upset with the thought that I might have to give it up.. for a while. I like your 5 stages of a womens life..
Welcome Linsue.. Tell us about yourself.. Do you belong to a weight group.. With a good healthy outlook on eating? Is it working..
Ally... A renewed interest? Good for you. Keep it on your turf so you are in control. I hope things are settled down with your son. Don't we all wish for 20 more lbs off! I envy men and their weight control. They do not have to work so hard to lose as we do.
Hey Mima.. Hope you got good news about your car,or got your car.
Meme. Hope you had a good weekend.
Hello Candice...
Bye You All...Joanne
Closed Thread