Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2001, 12:21 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #42

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I sure did. I haven't been able to get here, as I was having some computer problems.

Mima - sounds really serious. Good for you. Be happy.

Ally - We will do it in 2002! I know we can.

Joanne - I wanted to say congratulations on your anniversary. That is great. Hope you are having less problems with your knee now.

Candice - How are ya doin? I could use a little of that quiet life again. That is what I am used to and I have been way to busy this month. I have had my little grand daughter here since Wednesday. Her mom and dad will come tomorrow afternoon and they will stay for New Years. She is such a good little girl, but loaded with energy. She thinks grandma has nothing else to do but sit and play all day and I guess she is right - at least while she is here.

Meme - still rushing around! My goodness, I have no idea how you could have ever gained a pound to begin with. You are like a whirlwind.

Here is a cute little thing for you all to go read.

http://www.dobhran.com/humor/GRhumor225.htm
Old 12-31-2001, 12:26 AM   #2  

Default A New Year's Toast to You

http://www.funforwards.com/poems_son...1/newyears.cfm

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Years Eve, and all the best to you and your families in 2002.
Old 12-31-2001, 09:46 AM   #3  

Default Hi

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Happy ,nice to have you here as always. You always seem to have things to say that cheer us up. It is nice when the G/children are small,but then they grow up. Mine are more or less grown. That is a different kind of nice. I find myself searching for the more adult conversations with them.
Candice. I find that I am doing the usual things all the time. After tomorrow I will get rid of all the Christmas for another year. I will go through the drawers and send out the old clothes to goodwill etc. What every other gal is doing. Life goes on and on.
Meme,Ally We go back to counting points tomorrow. Oh Boy!
Memi.. Marriage??You are truly hooked!! I hope he is really good to you.
Bye for now... I got to get out the vacumn cleaner and get busy.. Joanne
Old 12-31-2001, 12:23 PM   #4  

Default Happy New Year

Hi everone-will post more in Northampton. Yes, we definitely have marriage plans for sometime next year-sooner rather than later. When you are in your 60's traveling back and forth gets really exhausting even if it's only 30 minutes away. Ans he is wonderful!!!He's so easy to get along with and we have such a spiritual connection. I have known him for 3 years. I told my daughetr yesterday and she is ecstatic. Doesn't want me to be alone. I really didn't mind that though but this seems so right. Enough!!!!Hope everyone finds peace in the New Year and everything they need and some of the things they want. God Bless. Mima
Old 12-31-2001, 05:45 PM   #5  

Candice...if Mima is happy...who will happy be???

Mima...be sure to invite us to the Wedding...where will it be?

Ally...I threw out my leftovers Saturday. I weighed yesterday morning before we left for Pigeon Forge and I had only gained 1/2 pound...not two like I thought. But...I went way over yesterday so I don't know what tomorrow will hold. What's the name of your book?

The show was great and the food was wonderful last night...we had a great time. Guess that will be the last of the trips for awhile...it's back to work on Wednesday.

Joanne...I don't care who you are you think your life is boring! You sound to me like you do a lot! (Just having a husband to take care of is a lot!!!

Happy...I know what you mean about the grandchildren. Even if they are good they still need a lot of care and that takes a lot of energy...that I don't always have! My kids don't seem to understand that though...I'm not as young as I once was!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful 2002 and lose down to your goal if you are not already there! (Me(me) Too!!!)
Old 01-01-2002, 10:42 AM   #6  

Default Hey

Meme- You got that right.. A husband is a full time job. When They retire they look for things to get attention. Mine is from the "old school". He thinks we are put here to take care of all their needs and still all of everyone else. I do a lot and am wondering about it all.
I hope everyone had a nice New Years... I watched Dick Clark and talked to my kids at midnight. I was in the bed by 12.15.. I think that a lot of people did about the same thing this year. The neighbors got loud for about 10 min. Not much excitment. That's o.k.
Bye...Joanne
Old 01-01-2002, 04:37 PM   #7  

Well, I already blew my low carbing. Didn't make it thru one day. I went and baked a cake for my kids as I had cleaned all the sweet stuff out. I have "cleaned" that cake too. Darn.
Mima...congrats. You sound happy and I am happy for you.
I found lots of bargains today at the mall. I must've walked off half of the cake I ate....
Meme.....The book I read was called "a Plan for Women". It was funny, written by a man, of course, who pointed out all the stupid things women do for love....
Happy New Year all.......
Old 01-01-2002, 05:59 PM   #8  

Nothing done for the sake of love is stupid!

I like thrillers!

I can't believe it!!!!!!! I actually LOST a half a pound last week! CHRISTMAS WEEK...I LOST weight!!! Awesome!

I've started back counting points again now, though. It would be real easy to slip off the wagon...hubby just said that last night. We came home about 1 a.m. and he started to prowl the kitchen. Then he said...I'm going to bed...it would be so easy to slip up after eating more the last week. I'm proud of him...he's lost 18 pounds on MY diet! Just had to upstage me...I've only lost 17.5 He is so different this year. Happy...Candice...you remember what happened last Christmas...how I almost walked out? Well this year he has decorated...without being asked...he's suggested going to the movies...which he doesn't like to do. He made the reservations for Pigeon Forge and then told me we were going. He dropped me off at Old Time Pottery yesterday while we were up there and went to Black and Decker for a grinder he needed for work and came back with a battery opperated ScumBuster...battery opperated...immersable...really neat thing with 8 different attachments. It was so sweet...he said I saw this and thought it might help your hands when you scrub out the tubs and showers and stuff!!! He even cooked dinner tonight. I was downstairs practicing and he called me on the phone and said, "Would you honor me with your presence for dinner!" He has changed so much. I think this is one of the best holidays we've ever had!!!

Have you all made your resolutions yet? Let's hear some of them!!!

I have resolved to lose down to between 140 and 145 this year. Also to finish my web design course and exercise more among other things. What did you resolve to do? (Or not to do...that is the question!)
Old 01-02-2002, 03:29 AM   #9  

Meme..I'm happy for ya so what does that make Happy!

I was on the tredmill when the new year came in! I'm still op and maintaining.................Just what you all wanted to hear huh????

Joanne..my Dh is just like yours! Come clean my drawers out! I did my moms but can't seem to get mine done!

Mima...a wedding how exciting! What ya wearing..please share with us!

Happy......computer problems, bummer! Bet you are enjoying your grandaughter my older son has a serious girl now...Hummmmmmmm........

Ally....cake...shopping...cake... shopping......at least your are burning calories! Shopping is good exercise........
Old 01-02-2002, 08:11 AM   #10  

Default Hello

You guys are too funny!!!Right now I have a full time job training Brad not to be like my deceased Irish husband. He waits on me at his house and since we will be living there I hope that continues. I don't know when the wedding will be but I know I'll be there. My nutty work friends said they will have a shower for me but I said ben there, done that. Maybe we'll have a swap. Congrats Meme-about everything.,Hey Joanne-it's freezing here.Gotta go to work-Hi Ally, Happy, Candice. Mima
Old 01-02-2002, 08:51 AM   #11  

Default Hello

Meme- It sounds like you are so lucky!!!My hubby may have attempted to cook a couple meals in 48+ years. I had to fix the job. He was supposed to paint a door before the rain started today..Guess what ? He put plastic sheets on it!!I have just broke one of my resolutions. I must try to not only think better and not express my thoughts so freely. I have always said "if it is in my head ,it will come out my mouth".I want to lose a few more pounds. Sounds like you and your hubby are doing great. It is always easier for men to lose weight than it is for us.
Abby, Now you have to find a book written by a women pertaining to a plan for men. We have to see through their ways of getting around what they want. Sometimes they are so slick and we are the ones who get hurt. They just go their merry way. I hope you found some good stuff for yourself in the mall.
Candice.. I have the boxes in the front room waiting for me to take down the Christmas stuff and put it away!! I can't stand to look at it another day!!My hubby is supposed to take down the lights outside. I will probably do that too..
Memi.. It is raining and supposed to turn cold tomorrow. I know ,It is colder there! My blood is too thin for anything under 60. I can tell you are sooo happy. Good for you..
Hello Happy
I have to get busy.. Bye, Joanne
Old 01-02-2002, 02:11 PM   #12  

Oh Boy, a wedding. Now that is great. We can celebrate right here as well. I wish you all the best Mima - you do sound so very, very happy.

Joanne - I am with you. I am taking down all the Christmas decorations today as well. It seems like a big job, somehow.

My grand daughter has now gone home. I really miss the little monkey. She has such a gleeful laugh and she is a bit of an imp. However, I think I could use the old boring life for a few days. She wanted to take grandma home with her; or she was willing to stay as long as she got see mommy and daddy for a while. Grandma is a lot more fun, I guess. I try not to spoil her, but that is impossible.

Well, I hope you all started out with a great day yesterday, and I wish you all the best in 2002.

Hi Ally, Meme and Candice. Oh, by the way, that still makes happy, happy!
Old 01-02-2002, 04:43 PM   #13  

I'm getting confused as to who's who on this thread!!!
Old 01-02-2002, 11:42 PM   #14  

Default What I want in a man

http://www.netlaughter.com/wantinman.htm

Mima and Ally - here is some reading for you, since you both like to read.

Meme - don't you remember who is who in the zoo?
Old 01-03-2002, 06:26 AM   #15  

Default hello

Thanks Happy -that was so funny and so true. It was so boring reading those compositions yesterday but I got a good night's sleeep so today will. be better. Need to stop eating rich foods-we went to the nicest restaurant last night-about 20 of us. Popovers,stuffed shrimp..Supposed to snow here on Sun/Mon. As long as the 16th is ok. Met an old acquaintance yesterday and we had a discussion about a mutual friend who has a drinking problem.I guess she's worse thatn I thought. She visited me in Fl last year and got drunk every night so this year I told her how much it bothered me but she cancelled out. It's really sad-I'm only used to males that drink too much-except for my brother's girlfriend.Why am I going on about this? We talked about doing a confrontation.Well-gotts call Brad before I get ready for work. Hi to all. Mima
Closed Thread