Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 12:02 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #169

Everybody Have A Great Day!
Old 08-12-2007, 12:47 PM   #2  

I know Tim will be fine. I think I"m more disappointed than he is! lol

Anne, that dessert sounds really yummy except for the coffee. I don't care for coffee or tea at all. Thanks for starting the new thread!! We are quite talkative at times, aren't we?
Old 08-13-2007, 05:42 AM   #3  

Holy toledo-that sounds yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's hard to see our kids get disappointed but we can't see the big picture. Tim is such a good kid. Suzanne has an interview tomorrow-she wants so bad to get out of the dept she is in-we'll see what happens there. She has one more paper to go. Her party is Sept 2.
Brad's niece is in a dither so she called Brad. Her mother is the one in the rehab. She dumped all her problems on her mother who is laying there helpless. She's having money problems-she does work 2 jobs and goes to school. She got money from an accident and tied up all her money in cd's. Anyhow she called Paula who is softhearted about money and us who are not. She knows her mother has money in an inheritance and she wants to go to that usually. But Brad's brother has control of that. Another person crying out/ I would like to go over her finances with her. I am good at that.
Have to say she is in a tough spot.
Massage today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My back is bad. She will help me. Mima
Old 08-13-2007, 09:09 AM   #4  

Mima, keep us posted on what Suzanne finds out about the other job. Would Brad's niece allow you to help her with the finances? I think it would be a good idea. Enjoy the massage!!

We're taking the rest of Tim's things to him today. He moves into his actual dorm room today. It's the same room he had last year (unless they messed up), so it won't be hard to put things away. He called last night and said the director has asked him more than once to play a xylophone in the sideline section of the band. Tim told him that he really doesn't feel confident playing it because it has been a few years. There were 2 other people who were going to be doing that, and Tim found out last night that they decided to drop band! If Tim would do it, he'd be the only one, so I'm sure he won't do it now. He seems enthused about this manager type position, so that's what matters.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:51 AM   #5  

Well-thet sure want him! Thanks for reminding me about Suzanne. I forgot.
Found out the problem with the finances is that she can't access the acct with the SS check, It's a savings, not checking. We are working on that and can loan her the money -from the trust fund-til it gets straightened out. Poor kid-We will try to be more supportive.
Paula is trying to get Sherrill transferred near here and my doc said he could help. He called to tell me my ch was 200 and my HDL 78-tri was 200-down 50 pts. Thyroid good. He said if I dropped off that book he would read it. Wow! for that encouragement.
Bad stomache day yesterday-pork???? Going to see Auntie today-lunch-she hasn't been out of the house to go anywhere but she sure sounds good.
Back hurts-wonderful massage so everything else is great-have to go to chiro. Mima
Old 08-14-2007, 09:18 AM   #6  

Default Hey There

Well I'm back and it is catch up time. Christie is in and out of jail. I will take her for a walk and get her too tired to get into trouble..
The beach was great. Had to get out of the heat off and on. It was really hot there. In the high 90's.I will welcome fall.
Got to run .Back later. Hope everyone is well...Joanne
Old 08-14-2007, 04:52 PM   #7  

Hi everybody.

Joanne - nice to have you back. Glad you had yourself a good trip and a good time. It's always nice to get home and into your OWN bed.

Mima - neat that the Dr. is going to read that book. That may be a HUGE help for you. Sorry you are having such a tough time. That dessert I made was really delicious.

Tammy - Glad Tim is getting settled. Glad he is ok with his new role in the band. He is still part of it. Kids grow up but they also need to learn the ups and downs of life. If everything is/was always UP, they sure are going to have a hard time when they get on their own and things go down!! Huge disappointments. Everybody had got to learn to role with the punches because that is just life.

I am going to Edmonton today to pick up Ashley. She is coming to stay for a few days. She is so easy to have around. Really looking forward to it.

Hope you are all having yourselves a good day.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:09 AM   #8  

Anne-have fun with Ashley!
Joanne-great to have you back and glad your vacation was nice. What a heat wave!!!!!
Tammy-I agree with Anne about kids learning disappointment. I learned that after a long time. Suzanne has high expectations and gets disappointed. i sure hope she gets that job .
Brad's sister is breathing better. I am still trying to figure out my stomache -the probiotics have magnesium-could be the cause, I didn't take it last night,
I bought Dr, Scholl's inserts for my shos-seems to help. Auntie and I went to lunch-we even had dessert-I had tapioca pudding.
Bye for now Mima who is still waiting for info on our insurance.
Suzanne just called-interview went well and there are 4 positions.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:31 AM   #9  

Everyone is sleepimg! There is a meeting next week about insurance but I read in the paper that they didn't get the waiver-I really don't care because we were going to change anyways. I can't believe the govt won't give them a waiver.
Brad needs his toes operated on and he wanted to do it in FL. He has painful hammer toes.
Saw Debbie and Keith last night. Keith is moving around like crazy. Debbie is good-she goes back to school in 2 weeks. Talked to Jessica-she
s almost 7 months . She went to the library and got books to read about being pregnant and baby names. I told her I would send her money for clothes-she has a couple of thousand left in her fund. Then I will send her money for baby things after her showere so she will know what she needs. Her shower is in RI. Maybe I can hitch a ride with someone.
Eye doc today. Mima
Old 08-19-2007, 06:12 AM   #10  

Hey guys-pray for our friends in Jamaica!! At least some of them live on top of the mountain,
Went to see Brad's sister-she is miserable. Brought her daughter and she is coming to church with us.
Someone is interested in the apt-maybe that will move Brad. He is floundering around.
Boy-it's cool-planning Suzanne's party-invites out!
Any suggestions for a menu for 35-45 people, Sick of hot dogs and hamburgers.
Brad said a meat platter and BJ's
lasagna's and a bean casserole.
Mima
Old 08-19-2007, 11:18 AM   #11  

Good morning Mima. I sure hope the hurricane doesn't rip Jamacia apart. I was just watching the storm on TV now. Prayers are being sent. Too bad that Brad's sister is still so sick. A little reprieve would be nice for her.

I hope you get the apt. rented out. It's not THAT long before you head back to Florida. Time passes so quickly.

For Suzanne's birthday party, make a huge pot of Chili, and serve fresh, cut up veggies, and buns. Or make a TACO mixture and have Tortillia Chips, platter of veggies. Lot's of options. I don't care for hot dogs and hamburgers much. For dessert, make a Cherry Cheese Cake. Everybody loves it, and it is easy. If you want the recipe, just ask. You can make it in a 9x13 pan. It was my Mom's recipe and it gets rave reviews wherever you take it.

Well, Miss Ashley has gone back home. We sure had a fun time. She is such a joy to have around.

Tammy - did you go away? and Joanne, are you doing ok, now thatyou are back home.

Later.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:08 PM   #12  

Joanne, glad you had a nice time!! It's always good to get away.

Anne, Tim is doing great with the new position. He said yesterday that 2 of the field commanders came and talked to him and thanked him for everything he has been doing. Glad you had fun with Ashley!!

Mima, I've been wearing either Birkenstock or Earth shoes for the past few years, and they have made a huge difference in how my feet feel. I imagine Keith is getting into everything!! Maybe we should come up with baby names for Jessica! I like Brad's suggestion for the party!!

We did plan to go away for a couple days, but then Bob got sick. He still isn't up to snuff yet. I want him to call the doctor tomorrow, but we'll have to wait and see.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:21 AM   #13  

Hi ladies!!! If you have nothing to do-ha!-go to www.jcarville.blogspot.com and see pics of my grandchildren on their vacation in Miami. Alison has to go to school today!
Love that chili idea and Brad knows how to make it. If everyone came, there would be 45 people plus small children. But that usually doesn't happen . We priced platters at BJ's and it was a lot. I love to plan!
We brought Brad's niece to church-she wants to go every week. I hope her mother gets transferred-it's so hard on everyone. She would get more company.
Brrr. It's cool and heat not hooked up/ But we have a ceramic one.
Stomache seems to recover from attacks. Was much better yesterday.
Mima
Old 08-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #14  

Mima, I'll check out the site after I get off of here. When we had Tim's Eagle Scout ceremony and his graduation party, we bought platters of meats, cheeses, and fruits. It was well worth the money so I could actually enjoy myself before and during the celebrations.

We've had so much rain the past couple of days. There are flood warnings out everywhere around us.

Met with a couple friends for lunch today. I did great at the meal, then we sat and talked for quite a while. By the time I got home, I was hungry! I grabbed a snack to hold me over till dinner.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:29 PM   #15  

Default Hey There

Mima- The east coast beachs are really nice.. I lived in Miami when I was a small child..We don't go there (haven,t for years) ,too many people. We like the panhandle best..Nice pictures..I agree with Tammy.. Buy the food at a deli or have everybody bring a dish..
Tammy - You can send some of that rain to me...They are predicting 40% by Thursday.. I hope we get it..Aren't you glad you are not preparing for school? My daughter went to another school in her system. She is so happy she made the change.. Already she can see that it is much better.. She said as of now she only has 16 students!Most of her friends went to that school. She was at the other one 20 years.
I have been trying ,again, to lose a few pounds . I was 147 this morming and 150 this evening.. I hate that scale..I need to be 148 or under by Thursday.I guess I won't eat for the next 2 days...
Happy- I am doing ok.. The heat is getting the best of me.. It was 96 here today.. I didn't walk as far.. I probably got in 2 1/2 miles.. More would have killed the dog and me too.It does take some of the starch out of her so she is not into everything...
Meme-- Where are you? We miss you..
Joanne
Closed Thread