Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2001, 03:18 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #42

Well nice to hear from you Meme - sorry you are run off your feet, but those little ones will do that every time. Try catch a bit of rest.

Candice - good snowman -really cute.

Mima - It sounds like you have the life of a teeniebopper! Go girl - Enjoy it. Perhaps you can outrun the pain

Ally - Things will get better - just give it a chance. It is to bad you have to work with the gentleman, but I guess that is the way it is. I hope you don't let this bring you down during Christmas - it's not worth the anguish.

Joanne - Nuts and Bolts are made with Cheerios, Shreddies, Nuts, Pretzils, cheese sticks (I used the Goldfish this year). I like to make my own because i can control the salt and fat that are in them, and they taste so good. I put in lots of mixed nuts and peanuts.

Monday, I was so tired I hardly knew my name. I didn't even have the energy to go to the chiro for a back adjustment. My neck was sore and I couldn't turn it to the left. Also, my arms weighed about 80 pounds each. Finally felt a little bit better yesterday and went to the Chiro. Needed an adjustment and the pain in my neck, shoulder, arms, and lower back have gone. My arms are light again. Pressure on nerves I guess. Everytime I moved on Monday evening, I got a muscle spasam going in the lower back, and boy does that bite. Anyway, doing much better after yesterday - energy even returned.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 12-19-2001, 07:39 PM   #2  

Default Hi

Happy- Nuts and bolts sounds ok. I will be lucky to get to my Betty Crocker cookie dough at the rate I am going. I thought I was all through shopping ,now I find I need to get another for a nephew that will be here for Christmas. I haven't seen him in 22 yrs. It will be simple.I don't have much brain power left.
Ally, Stop the crying! Dress up like a million dollers and go to that party and have a ball. You came out ahead of the game..
Hello to all .talk to you tomorrow..Joanne
Old 12-19-2001, 07:54 PM   #3  

Joanne....My kids think the only way you make homemade cookies is from a Betty Crocker package.
No crying here. I had a talk with this guy today who apologized for getting me in the middle of this and hurting me. I said there is no harm done. Luckily we didn't get too far into this so extracting myself from the whole thing is not all that difficult. Said that I feel SORRY for him. I tried to "work" on a marriage many times in my life and know there is not much in his to even work on. I would not want to be in his shoes. I really do have it made being single. It took me a second to remember that, but I really do. After my kids go to their father's on Christmas I go to a friends house where a lot of us formerly married girls all meet and we eat snacks and drink beer and play cards. I love it.
Old 12-20-2001, 06:19 AM   #4  

Default Hello

Good attitude Ally-Happy-the day I moved I did not get a wink of sleep, the fibro was so bad. My daughter has gone back with her boyfriend -I don't remember if I posted that they broke up. I was going to have to have Christmas but now I'm not. I've been overeating-too tired to have willpower. We wnt to the mall last night-was it bad!!!!!I was so happy I had my shopping done.Then for ice cream. I'm NOT SUPPOSED TO EAT ICE CREAM!!!!I'm allergic. Gotta get back on track. I did buy myself a sweater to wear to Brad's family part. I can't wait to be back home. This work is stressful but we have a lot of laughs. Poat more at home. Mima
Old 12-21-2001, 12:47 AM   #5  

Keep smiling

http://sendapet.net/sky.php?pg=/fun/...ling/index.php

Just ate supper and it is after 11:30 here, been packing and trying on clothes! My new ones are all lose! That is ok but I sure don't need to lose anymore!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still trying to maintain and thought maybe I was up due to the baking and sampleing! Doing laundry too, Dh needed all his stuff washed, did my sons yesterday. Cold here now!
Old 12-21-2001, 05:47 AM   #6  

Default Hello

I've been up since 4. I guess I'll have time to pack up and be to work by 8. Which is down the hall. Finally stayed in last night to watch tv and it was all reruns!!!!!I also swam a bit and that was so good. Can't wait to be in that warm pool in FL.My 2 younger children had a spat-got to stay out of it-They are like fire and oil somtimes. Bobby is having a hard time adjusting to his move.I wish he had a girlfriend -it would make all the difference.One of my son's foster children is moving to CO. It's going to be hard on my grandaughter because she's been best friends with him since they were 4. He has been at their house for a year-mom drinks-Life is one change after another. Hope everyone is fine. Where are you going Candice-I missed the post.Bye for now Mima
Old 12-21-2001, 01:07 PM   #7  

OK Mima...How old is Bobby? Oh God, slap me silly. I just talked myself out of wanting a relationship.
Can't have another Bob anyway. That is my son and my brother.
Candice...........someday I would like to say that I don't need to lose anymore weight. Do you know that losing some number of pounds has been my New Year's resolution since I was about 15??????? And some of those years I was thin, but never thin enough.
This year, I think I want peace of mind.
Oh yeah, and to win the lottery.
Old 12-21-2001, 07:32 PM   #8  

Well, my goodness. I was so busy that past couple of days, I feel like Meme:lol I finally got sugar cookies baked yesterday - still have to decorate them, but that can be done tomorrow. Ran around doing all the December business today (banks etc) and have gotten my Vehicle Reg. all looked after now. All this stuff is due before the end of the month and next week I will have the little one with me, so it was easier to do it today.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas - just plain out - enjoy yourself, I know I will. We are heading out Sunday and won't be back until late Wednesday.

Candice - are you going to visit your mom? I don't think I heard where you were going either.

Meme - don't overwork yourself. Everything will be just fine.

Mima - enjoy that man and hope you both have a wonderful christmas.

Ally - Party, party, party. Have a good time.

Joanne - Hope your Christmas is wonderful
Old 12-22-2001, 05:52 PM   #9  

Default Hello

hey Ally-Bobby is only 26.You won't be single forever!!!I gave myself a day off and boy am I tired. I just went to the local airport and Delta was closed so I have to go back tomorrow, My weight probaby isn't too good because of last week. Well-after next week. Going to cook my WW frozen dinner. Write more tomorrow. Mima
Old 12-24-2001, 08:30 AM   #10  

Default Happy Christmas Eve

Hi all-seems like everyone is busy. I would be making my lasagna but I forgot the ricotta. Where is my brain. I have 1 dozen pink roses in my living room so that will tell you where my brain is. I went from feeling unsafe and insecure after 9/11 to this.God is very good. I hope you enjoy Christmas in your new place , Happy. And everyone elso on the east coast of the US. Well, I guess NY and ILL. are a bit inland. I will probably be out of cyberspace til Wed. Church tonight and my daughter's tomorrow. Mima
Old 12-24-2001, 11:18 AM   #11  

Hey Mima...Got a whole bunch of ricotta in my freezer for ya. I made a huge pan of stuffed shells and even had some ricotta left. It is buy one get one free.
And I do envy you the pink roses this time of year. I know that I got my hopes up cause it IS so nice to spend the holidays in love. And because that did not pan out, I seem especially prickly this season. In fact, when my kids started fighting this morning I slammed out of the house and drove around feeling sorry for myself.
Girls.......I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. We can all come back and commiserate on Wednesday about the holiday pounds we have gained. It is so nice to have a place to vent. I am thankful for you all.
Old 12-25-2001, 11:33 PM   #12  

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. We had fun with the little ones. Jenna (2) got a little piano with a bench, pedal and microphone that really works. She played the piano and sang all day long! We got the other 3 little kid computers...Kaylyn (4) learning lap top, and the boys the Leap Frog laptop reader...their parents played with them all day long!!! Told them I'd get them one of their own next year! I got hubby a trolling motor for his boat and he got me A DIGITAL CAMARA!!!!!!! It is a really expensive one and I LOVE IT! The kids sneaked off a month or so ago and had their pictures made together. They all dressed just alike, in orange, and had their pictures made in the woods with all the orange leaves...they are sooooo neat!!! I got a huge one of all 8 of them and an 8X10 one of the little ones. They gave us wallets, too so I'll scan them and show you all later...too tired tonight! I'm headed for bed....ate way too much food today! But it was so good. I had turkey, dressing and spiral ham along with all the trimmings. Then we had homemade (by me) pumpkin pies, milky way cake and apple stack cake for dessert. Plus the girls brought wonderful snack foods for after gifts when we played games...choc. covered peanut butter crackers and pretzels, etc. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2001, 07:15 AM   #13  

Default Hello

Hi al-oh yes-I ate too much. Hey Meme-sounds like all your prep work paid off. What a nice day you had. Oh Ally, hang in there .Two years ago I was so angry because I had been dumped. Now I know I was dumped by a jerk. You have to let go of one thing to get another.
We had a nice day yesterday at my daughter's house. We have been so busy meeting each othetr's family. Tonight we are going to his sister's for a party. I have a beautiful diamond cross on my neck!!! This whole thing is unbelievable.Hey Joanne-how are you? And Happy and Candice. Rest up today girls. Mima
Old 12-26-2001, 09:11 AM   #14  

Default Hey There

Meme..Sounds like you had a great Christmas... It is really nice when the G/children are small and cute..and then they grow up. It is the best when they don't think they are too old to still give you hugs and kisses. I got a lot of those this week!
Mima.. This has been a good Holiday.. We are getting the first real cold spell today/night.. Of course when everyone goes home and the clean up goes into full swing..
This is my 48th wedding anniversary...We are going to just recoop from Christmas.. Maybe have a snack or two.. I can say not much as I ate far too much this week.
Hello to Happy, Ally and Candice. I hope you had a really great Christmas..
Bye, Joanne
Old 12-26-2001, 01:33 PM   #15  

Happy Anniversary Joanne. What were you thinking getting married at the Holidays? Wanted to make sure your hubby would never forget your anniversary? I would be afraid I wouldn't get my fair share of gifts.....
Glad the hoopla is over. I get a little too anxious and down at the holidays.
AND.....I eat too much. I tried to just do my low carb today and already have hit the leftover chips...
I ate a ton of candy last nite saying that I would stop by today. That means I have to throw some stuff out....
Closed Thread