Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 02:33 PM   #46  

Mima, I hope you aren't still dreary!!

I've been doing a lot of napping the past few days. I guess that's what I get for overdoing it on these trips. I wish that the place we stayed would have been closer to the town where we spent most of our time because then I could have taken a break each day. I certainly needed it.

Tim did a ride-along with a policeman in a town near here last night. They had lots of excitement since it was a Friday night. He got home at 3:30 this morning. Tomorrow night he is riding along with a sheriff deputy here in the county. He rode with him once before. He's getting some experience and learning what that life is all about by doing this. He'll have to do something like that to begin with before he can go into anything at the federal level. Scares me though.

Hope everyone is doing well!! Love to hear from you!!

Meme, hope you made millions of $$ on your yard sale!!
Old 07-14-2007, 08:08 PM   #47  
Hoplorac

S/C/G: 233.8

Height: 5.5

Hello everyone. I am new to this site and am a bit confused how to use it. Found this group and I was happy. I have had fibro since 1994. Coping well but weight loss can be difficult. Glad I found you.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:44 PM   #48  

Welcome to the group Hoplorac!! It has been pretty quiet here lately, but sometimes we chat quite a bit. I've had fibro since the spring of 2004. A fall on the ice as I was going into the school triggered mine. I've gone downhill since then. I have good days and bad ones. I agree about weight loss being difficult. I am down 30 pounds from where I was several years ago, but I still have about 50 to lose.

Good luck, and come here to chat!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 06:34 AM   #49  

Default Hi

Good morning. Welcome to the new person whose name is on the other page. Part of old age.
Even though we had some help cleaning the camper, there was so much left to do and left undone. The shower was clean but not the toilet, The frig was clean but not the oven. The mice made a nest out of insulation in there-pulled it out-what a mess. Cleaned it 3 times. I am sore and congested but ok. Brad put up wainscoating to hide a blemish. Found out it was worth more than we paid for it 4 years ago. We won't get that but we will negotiate. It's on Craig's list-then it will go to the Wantad.
I am teaching Sunday school today, Psalm 23.
Going away tomorrow-after the gastro visit when he will tell me what to do.
Bye for now, Mima
Old 07-15-2007, 07:13 PM   #50  

Default Hey There

Welcome Hoplorac... We are a good little group.. Losing weight is about the hardest thing anyone can do.. I always say it is hard work..I have been working at it many years..I don't have Fibro but just about everything else..
I am down 74 lbs and having a devil of a time keeping it off. I would like to take off another 10. I guess if I was willing to give yp icecream and few goodies I could do it..It is just a matter of getting my head turned around and motivation in gear.
I ended up in a oral surgeons chair on Thursday.. One more tooth I don't have to brush.. It was a choise of a root canel ot pull. One was 1000 dollares and the other 208.. You know what I choose..I may have already told you girls this ...so... if so forgive my senior moments..
It is raining all around us.. The hubby and I are telling off the weather men..We need it so bad..My luck it will storm when we go to St. George.. That will be in a couple weeks..It will be interesting to see how Christie acts there. I will take her crate and toys.
Hope everyone had a great weekend.. Joanne
Old 07-16-2007, 05:57 AM   #51  

That's a nice vacation too look forward to. After the gastro visit, we are going up to VT and go on a Lake Champlain cruise, and stay overnight.Mini vacation-then in August we will go away on a 4 day bus trip to the Thousand Islands depending on my doc results. Not sure there will be any surgery.
Meme, how was your yard sale? I know you must be exhausted.
Taught Sunday school-those kids know so much about the Bible. Cetainly more than me but I am sure I have something to offer them. Getting excited about VBS and planning crafts. It's too funny that I was in charge of te craft booth last year and teaching crafts this year.
Went to see Brad;s sister-still in ICU and now has a trach and a feeding tube-She did smile when we walked in. She's only 60. Went in for a 2 day surgery.
Almost went to see my brother but we didn't have enough time.
Talk on Wed. Mima
Old 07-17-2007, 07:12 PM   #52  

Joanne, I think I would have done the less expensive one also. I've had some problems with one of my teeth, and I dread going to the dentist. I don't think I will EVER give up ice cream completely. It rained earlier today, but I don't think it was really enough to do much good. I heard about storms in Tampa yesterday (??). Hail and strong winds the report said. Did you get any of that? I'm sure you are getting excited about St. George! You are brave to take Christie with you. lol

Mima, we've never been to Vermont. I think that will be our next "big" trip that we plan. Keep us posted on what the doctor says. Sorry to hear about Brad's sister and all she is going through. It's tough.

Bob and I took off Sunday after church for southern Indiana. That's where the gambling boats are. We had free nights at two of the hotels, so we took advantage of it. Did some shopping, ate some ICE CREAM, and we did play some of the slot machines. It's fun, and we came back with more $ than we took with us, so I guess that's a good thing.

Hope to hear from all of the others!!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:29 AM   #53  

That's great Tammy.
We had such a nice time in VT-Burlington is beautiful. Only bad thing is we rode a lot in the wrong direction to get a motel but 2 hours later we took the 2nd one we saw-.
Stopped at Ben n jerry's they had sorbet and sugar free-perfect.
went to a beautiful restaurant-the Ice house-went on a lunch cruise on Lake Champlain. Wonderful time!!
Greeted home with a phone call from Angela-I think she suffers from an anxiety disorder-all worried about cutting down a tree. Said she needed to borrow money-I didn't bite. Brad said for Brett to call him-they already talked about the tree.
Anyhow-I have stuff to deal with like planning for VBS.
Gastro PA was encouraging-no surgery-stay on IBS diet and take Miralax. Experiment with foods slowly. I have not been costipated since I take Miralax. He was so nice-answered so many questions. Funny thing-got a message that another doc had to change my appt-the primary care must not have cancelled my first appt. I will fix it today.
Hey meme-how was your yard sale. I hope you have good weather for your vacation-it sounds so.... nice, We always had to take Cassidy-that's why we took camper. It worked out.
Hi Anne. Mima
Old 07-18-2007, 10:24 AM   #54  

Default Hey There

Tammy- We didn't get a drop of rain. I live a mile from the gulf.. The winds keep the rain away from us..They get it 10 -15 miles inland. Tampa always.My daughter doesn't believe me when I say we don't get rain. Her MIL lives 15 miles from us and tells her that they are getting too much rain..OH WELL!I won't give up icecream either...
Mima- It is difficult taking a dog everywhere you go... It is expensive leaving her in a kennel.. My Son-in law wants to put her in their pen when we go up. They have pit bulls.. She would die of fright...So we will take her with us. There will be plenty people there to help watch her..I always crate her when we are not around.
Hello everybody...Joanne
Old 07-19-2007, 07:47 AM   #55  

Sounds like a good plan for Christy. And you. Going to meet with my craft helpers this afternoon. Brad is working at home-have to find time to make his cake.
We get so much rain here. Next week when I am at work it is going to rain everyday. Bye for now. Mima
Old 07-20-2007, 09:59 PM   #56  

Mima, the lunch cruise sounds nice. And I can't wait to go to Vermont someday!!! Hooray for no surgery!

Joanne, isn't that something about not getting any rain when others did not very far away? Doesn't seem fair, does it?

It's an Emmaus Weekend again, and I've been over at the church helping out. Also Relay for Life this weekend. (American Cancer) I've been there off and on today too. I go back there at 2:00 AM to walk for an hour. There has to be someone from the team on the track at all times. Tim is going with me to keep me company. I have to be back at the church at 7:30 AM to be a prayer partner with a friend who is giving a talk. Busy, busy. I plan to go to bed soon so I can get a few hours sleep. Tim said he'd set his alarm and get me up. Hope he remembers!!
Old 07-21-2007, 08:03 AM   #57  

We have that Relay close by and Brd's sister has a lot to do with.
Really bad episode with my stomache. Wonder what is the cause-I did have canned green beans on Thurs.
Brad's bd was yesterday and I crought his stange looking cake to Marriage group. It tasted good-tried to make orange frosting with extract-ended up putting orange jello on it. That did the trick. I'll mix it in next time.
We atlkes about romace but not much discussion.
Got to get car serviced-hope my stomache hols out. Mima
Old 07-22-2007, 08:43 PM   #58  

Mima, hope you are feeling better.

We are leaving on Tuesday for Florida. Bob's older brother has been ill, and we thought we should go while we can. We had planned to go down in January, but I don't know if he'll be around then. He will not go to a doctor. Very stubborn man. We will be gone a little over a week.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:08 AM   #59  

Sorry about Bob's brother-maybe you can pray with him-that seems to be the only thing we can do when we visit Brad's sister.
Still sick but had my script refilled. Was supposed to go to work but going to have to cancel and go see doc. Gastro guy is trying to tell me it's ibs but it stops when I take an antibiotic.
My step-grandaughter Jessica told me she is 6 months pregnant-been waiting for this for years-she is 4 years older than when her mother was pregnant. She strts taking he state boards Friday. She doesn't give up-then she is getting another permit for her license. I will be a great grandma.
Bye for now Mima
Old 07-23-2007, 08:15 PM   #60  

Mima, I've been praying for him, but praying with him would not be a good idea. He would be very offended. Might give it a try though!

Congrats on the new baby on the way!!!

Where is everyone???
Closed Thread