Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 08:46 AM   #31  

Tammy - hope you had fun. Going to the flea market is always fun. What woman doesn't enjoy that. Can't get hubby interested in that though.

Mima - Glad that your tummy is starting to feel better. Nobody likes their own picture it seems. I am sure you looked good.

My body temp. is normally around 96.2 but my thyroid tests ok!! It used to be 98.4. People that have FM often have a low body temperature for some reason.

Got to get ready for work. Have yourselves a good day.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:52 PM   #32  

Tammy said you all were worried about me. Just wanted to pop in and ease your minds. I'm ok. Don't have time to catch up on all I've missed, I'll try to read some later. Hope you are all ok, though. I've been busy trying to get things ready for a yard sale plus I've had the g-kids a lot and they've been on my computers, of course. Also, with hubby on second shift, it hasn't been easy around here. I've been having to cover the business in the afternoons and have been too tired by night to do much of anything. I have Jenna this weekend plus a family reunion so I probably won't be back. Hope you all have a good weekend. I'll try to come back next week and catch up but the big yard sale is next weekend so no promises! Maybe I'll be back to normal after that! Love you guys.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:46 PM   #33  

Mimi, we had our pictures taken at church for the directory in the fall, and we've never seen a dirctory. Don't know what the deal is there. We had some wallets and 5X7's made, plus we got the free 8X10. That was our first family picture we have had taken since Tim was about 3!

Anne, my hubby used to enjoy going to flea markets. He doesn't seem to enjoy much of anything anymore. I worry about him. There were times on our vacation that I wondered if he even wanted to be there, and it was his idea to head out west. I know he is getting older, and I know he doesn't feel the best, and he doesn't take care of himself. My thyroid always checks out ok too. My temp has always been low. Hope work went ok for you today!!

Meme, HOORAY!! Glad to hear from you. I have some things you could put in your yard sale. Should I mail it to you?? lol You have to be pooed out with so much going on. We are supposed to go to a family reunion tomorrow. I told Bob it depends on the heat. It's pretty warm today, and it is supposed to be warmer tomorrow. Back to normal??? What is that??? I don't know if I've ever been normal!!!

Went to the doctor's office this morning to try and get a bill straightened out. Easier to do in person than on the phone. We also just received a bill for Bob from last October! I said that should have been covered by our insurance that we had before I retired. They are resending it. On my bill, they had me charged $196, and the insurance company said I only owe the doctor $113. Got that straightened out. Frustrating.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:55 AM   #34  

Yes, insurance is frustrating!! Just trying to keep ahead of it. When a doc isn't in our plan, we have a deductible of 150-but they don't take it all out at once. I wish they would so I could just pay the 20%. Next year we will go on Medex and Medicare and bye bye deductible.
Hey, Meme, nice to hear from you. Hope you make mucho money on the yard sale.
Hi Anne, if I had a job, I wouldn't get in so much trouble.
Yesterday was the first day my stomache was ok-then I ate some cookies when we went to marriage group. Bad Mima.

We have to go to the hospital this morning because Brad has to go to Worc. to return the part for the church's ac. Seems that a mouse had built a nest inside and ate the wires-not a bad part. 677.00 that they won't have to pay.
Have fun this weekend. Mima
Old 07-07-2007, 10:29 PM   #35  

Since our insurance has changed since I retired, it's a bit hard to get used to. Bob has a few years until he can go on Medicare. LOL to eating cookies. Sometimes they are just too hard to resist.

I'll be leaving in the morning with my friends, and we'll be back sometime on Wednesday late afternoon/evening. Behave!!
Old 07-09-2007, 06:39 AM   #36  

Why, we want to have fun!!! You too.
Nice party at my cousin's-saw my cousin Richard who looks like Kenny Rogers. He grew a beard.
Brett and Angela don't come to our church anymore and haven't seen Leah either. Lots going on with Brett and Angela. It's in God's hands. But it hurts-especially not seeing the kids.
Massage today-I ate cake yesterday-good for aches and pains plus the weather.
Brad and I will get away next week-I think all this stress is affecting us-we had a problem before we went to church. We ahve to be careful we don't take it out on each other. bye Mima
Old 07-11-2007, 06:13 AM   #37  

Well-I am checking in. Went to gyno yesterday and he said I had a rectocele but didn't think fixing it would help my eating problems. Gastro on Monday.
How is everyone doing? Mima
Old 07-11-2007, 11:41 AM   #38  

Default Hey There

I have been better... I have a tooth absess and that is giving me some problems and pain. I finally broke down and called a dentist.. They are calleing in a antibiotic and seeing me tomorrow..More problems. It has been more than 20 years since I have had a problem like this..
If it isn't our stomach it is something else.. I get real tired of going to Dr's.
I finally got the Dr. to talk to my hubby about working out so much in the yard. As much as he does it never gets done. He has somewhat agreed to let someone else do it. Now the thing is to find someone who won't charge us a arm and a leg. The guy that does the yard next door was supposed to come by yesterday. No show..It is just too much for us now. I used to do it all and then he took over. It is too much for him. He is 81 and has heart dx.. I told him it is not worth a death.
That's my woes...Joanne
Old 07-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #39  

Good afternoon.

Tammy - hope you had a really fun time. Behave myself???? Now what fun would THAT be

Mima - I wish they would find out what the heck the problem is. It must be miserable to live wit.

Joanne - well, thank goodness you got an appointment to see the dentist! Also, glad you were able to have the Dr. talk to your hubby. I know it is hard to lose some of your independence, but it happens. Now, if they could just get YOU fixed up. You are right though. It IS one thing after the other, anymore.

Not much interesting. Been working every morning and will continue to do so until mid Aug. Then the last couple of weeks, I will be working Mon, Wed and Fri (full days). After that, who the heck knows.

I am going to Edmonton on the 24,25 and 26 for Breath Alcohol Technian Training (known as a BAT, so now I will become an OLD BAT ) See, you are NEVER to old to continue learning.

Hope you are all having a nice day. It is hot here and going to remain hot for the next couple of weeks. My goodness, they are talking temps. in the 90's for a week!!! I am sure I will not make it. That is just way too hot for me! I like the mid 70's. We don't have air, only fans and hopefully a breeze.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:05 AM   #40  

Here is the link to pictures from our trip to Denmark. Brenda is my daughter and Steve my SIL. Of course, Miss Ashley is my gdaughter.

Hope you enjoy them.

http://imageevent.com/happycanuk

Password is happy
Old 07-12-2007, 02:45 AM   #41  

Hi everybody ... 2 more days until the yardsale and then maybe I can breathe. Didn't do a lot toward that today. Have been hurting a lot. Some weather went through. I'm going to just collapse after Sat. is over. Can't wait until this thing is done and all this junk is out of my house. I'm about ready to just PAY someone to come cart it off.

Hope you get some relief, Joanne. I hate toothaches. And outside work is hard at any age!!!
Mima, hope you feel better, too.

Anne, don't work too hard in the heat. Hope it's cooler here Sat. I can't stand the heat, either.

Hi Tammy!
Old 07-12-2007, 05:08 AM   #42  

Hello everyone! We returned safe and sound last night. I bought quite a few things on the trip, and Bob and Tim even liked some of the crafty things! lol Of course, I brought them some goodies too, so that helped.

Mima, I've always thought Kenny Rogers is pretty good looking, so I would enjoy looking at Richard. Stress can do crazy things, and it is hard not to take it out on someone. I'll keep praying!!

Joanne, so sorry about the tooth! Hope you'll be better soon. I think toothaches are the worst!! Glad to hear that the doctor talked to your husband. It can't be easy for him to admit that he just can't do it anymore. I'll be keeping you guys in my prayers also.

Anne, I cracked up at the Old Bat! Too funny. When you go for the training, will it be all day or will you have some free time to do other things? It was hot on our trip Sun., Mon, and Tues. Yesterday it was much cooler as we did our "last minute" shopping and for the ride home. Looking forward to checking out the pictures as soon as I'm finished with this post.

Meme, I never sent you all my stuff for your yard sale, so I guess I'll have to wait for another one. lol Hope it goes well for you. It is so much work! It would be easier to have someone just come and take it away, wouldn't it?

Today I'm meeting the teacher group for lunch. I have no idea how many will show up since a couple of them are on vacation. I also had 2 messages that a couple of them have been ill, so they won't be there. Whoever does show up will have a nice time though even if it's just a couple of us.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:57 AM   #43  

Anne, I truly loved the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ashley is such a cutie!! The flowers that were in the park were gorgeous. I loved the shell house with the pretty blue. Those scraggly camels looked like some of the scraggly buffalo that we just saw on our vacation. Stege looked beautiful as did the queen's yacht and castle! I would have loved Lego Land. I have read about it. Tim was really "into" legos when he was younger, so I'm sure he would enjoy it too. You have a beautiful family. I am glad that you were able to spend time together on this trip. Think of all of the memories!!

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures with us!!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 06:21 AM   #44  

Wow-waiting to go to pics. My family was from Sweden-mother's side.
Glad you had fun, Tammy.
I bet you will be glad when Sat. is over-I called Salvation Army after the yard sale.
Oh, Joanne, that must be painful! Hope it gets fixed today.
Stomache is good but not feeling well. Is it a virus or sinus. Not good-getting my hair cut today and have a vbs meeting tonight. I am the craft lady.
Brad's sister is getting a trach tomorrow, She is not getting better-decisions in the future??? sad-I feel bad for her young daughter.
Installed Norton yesterday. Have to set it for scanning at night.
Gf's son coming today to get camper cleaned up. Another one going to court to clean up a lot of warrants.
If I sound dreary it's because I am.
Mima
Old 07-12-2007, 06:33 AM   #45  

Loved the pics. Mima
Closed Thread