Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 06:42 AM   #46  

Good morning! Joanne, you can even order Avon online or also find a rep-Avon.com. My aunt's family wants Avon but the they have to wait til I go out there so0 I told them bout that-from a former rep=me!
Wow-they had a 15% off Macy's coupon and a sale so I got my 3 pair of pants for $56. They had a lot more stock this time . I have turned into my mother-I have 4 pair of pants alike in grey, navy, black, and light beige. What else could you need except matching shoes. She had the same kind of shoes in every color!!! I won't do that!!
Kids are coming over for a cookout after they go to the cemetery and put flowers on their father's grave in the next town. Ironic that I should move here.
Saw Keith and Debbie at church-they had on clothes that I bought them-I was proud but also much happier that they went to Sunday school. I mean Brett and Angela.
I was also happy that I got McGregor online. Now we are going to buy something to hitch the computer to the tv so we can watch the services on our big screen.
Technology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bye for now-it's going to be beautiful today. Mima
Old 05-28-2007, 01:42 PM   #47  

Joanne, let me know about the Avon. Hope you'll be able to find it somewhere. I really think Tim will stay away from the party scene.
Mima, good for you on getting the pants!!

We went to the Memorial Day parade, and I must say that Bob looked great in his American Legion uniform. The ceremony at the cemetary was very nice. He just left to go to another service in another town. He told me to stay home in the AC after walking and standing in the sun this morning. Glad that he said that!!

Tim will be leaving to go back to school about 4:00. He'll come home on Saturday afternoon for my niece's graduation party, then he'll go back that night. This is his 3rd week of the 5 week summer session. It's going fast!!

Hope you are all having a wonderful Memorial Day.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:36 AM   #48  

3rd week already!!! I will be happy whan Suzanne finishes her degree-she gets so stressed out getting her papers done-thay have to be perfect!! ThisAugust I hope she will be done. She will have a party!! Her best friend having the baby will also be done!!! Sounds like a pool party to me-Hey Bobby, are you listening.
We had a quiet Memorial Day-Bobby and Suzanne came for lunch, even though they were an hour late. Brad was starving. He has another service call today from the Chinese Reastaurant-different equipment failure. Ever since we pledged to McGregor for the building, the jobs have been rolling in. The hot weather helps.
My back and my stomache are not good. I should go on a liquid fast and stay in bed!!!!!!!
I wonder when Anne gets back. We are having hot weather but you will not hear me complain-we have ac.
Bye for now, Mima
Old 05-29-2007, 08:00 AM   #49  

Tim had me read a paper that he was working on about crime on university campuses. It was very well written, so I hope he gets a good grade on it. He did an informal survey outside of his dorm last week to get information to add to the paper.

Did Bobby and Suzanne call to say they'd be late? I hope so!! That's wonderful that the work keeps coming in for Brad. Hope you are feeling better. I don't remember when Anne will be back. It seems like she was going to be gone a couple weeks, but I might be thinking of someone else!

It's going to be in the upper 80's this week. I hope I can convince Bob to leave the AC on. It helps me breathe and sleep better.

Today is the 3rd grade picnic where I used to teach. I worked with those kids this year, so I might drive down and bug them for a while. I know that I'm going on Thursday for the 5th grade graduation and picnic.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 05-30-2007, 06:09 AM   #50  

Good morning. I have a few PTL"s
My stepgrandaughter is graduating June 14th-wow!! And her student loans are manageable to pay with the money her grandfather left me.
We got 2 tickets for the Gaither concert Sat night to go with the church group.
Brad got another well-paying job!
I used to love visiting my former school-the kids love to see you.
Work tomorrow. I just finished a Christian novel-didn't even know it was Christian-Wrapped in Rain-Charles Martin-loved it. Now I have a Dekker book to read too. I get them at the library.
When i go to Hadley, I can go to Jo-ann's . They closed the one near me-I have more gift certs.
Hey meme-we need to hear from you! We know Joanne is busy with her brother.
Still gorgeous here/
Mima
Old 05-31-2007, 06:19 AM   #51  

Wonderful about the graduation!! And about the loans! That is great. Tim has received 5 things this week in the mail about borrowing money for college. We've shredded the stuff. Not even letting him see it. Aren't we mean?

He had quite a bit saved for college, plus we started a college savings when he was in elementary, one sponsored by the state. With it, we had 1 1/2 years paid for. Since he took classes his Senior year in high school with no cost to us, that really helped out. The way we have it figured , he'll graduate in the spring of 2009. Since he will only be going a total of 3 years, we really only have 1 1/2 years to pay for. Bob's aunt passed away in 2005, and she left us some money because she didn't want us to worry about Tim's college fees. We didn't know that until after she was gone. We miss her so much!

The Gaither concert sounds like fun. I've never heard of that book. I'll have to see if the library has it. I just wrote down the title and author. Ted Dekker is wonderful!!!! I have quite a few friends reading his books now.

It has been beautiful here, but a bit warm for me. In the 90's. Glad we have AC. From the looks of the yards, we could use more rain. The weather reports have called for rain all week, but we haven't seen much except a little bit on Monday afternoon.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:53 AM   #52  

Default Hey There

My brother left for AZ. this morning. It will take them a week or more as they are stopping in Alabama for a few days.They need to go to the RV factory where they got their RV ,for repairs of somekind.Their month in FL. was not long enough.
We are looking for some rain . It may get here or pass us by as that is usually what happens..
I watch the Gaithers on Sat. night on the country station. The programs are old but the music is good.
I will be back later. Lots to do. Have a Good Day...Joanne
Old 06-02-2007, 04:45 AM   #53  

We watch the Gaithers a lot. Hope we get to ride on the bus tonight so we won't have to deal with parking.
Got home last night for a while before working again. And my tummy hurts. I now have a theory-I think my stomache keeps getting infected. I had 3 antibiotic pills left and I took them this week and then I was ok for a couple of days but now it's back.
I am reading Showdown by Dekker but don't like it too much. Maybe it will get better.
I have a gf at work who is an ACR- a person you go to when you need help with a paper. She doesn't like the new boss since she seems to show favoritism to only a couple of ACR's . I saw that last week. So she told her, she wouldn't do Reading anymore and she never asked why. Just said ok. Well, my gf has been working there for 9 years and is very good at what she does. I hope the new boss thinks about it and woders why it happened. She is so wishy-washy and so unsure of herself.
We'll see.
Mima
Old 06-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #54  

I started Showdown and didn't like it either. I stopped reading it because my eyes hurt (from the glaucoma) and it wasn't interesting. Daughter said I just HAD to finish it because she read it and discovered it was a continuation of Black, Red and White when she got near the end. She said it didn't get really good until you got to the half-way point. I told her I didn't know if I could stick the 'pink worms' that long!

It is so hot and dry here. We really need some rain bad. I've been having to go out with customers quite a bit and I just can't even breathe out there. A minister that spoke at our church Wed. night asked me to sing but I couldn't. Couldn't breathe. Besides the allergies and the air quality I've got costochondritis again. It hurts my chest to take a deep breath. Almost feels like you're having a heart attack or something. Hurts all the way to the back. And the weather people on TV are telling everybody with breathing problems to stay indoors, too. Nice day for hubby to go work at church all day and leave me with customers, huh? They're saying we may get some rain either this evening or tomorrow. I hope 'they' are right!

I'm like Joanne ... lots to do. I was gone most of the day yesterday. Had to take hubby's aunt to have a colonoscopy in the morning, home to get him off to work and then had praise team practice in the afternoon. Trying to play 'catch-up' today and do two days worth of work with no help and Sat. customers to deal with. Plus, tummy is messed up from the methotrexate and the naproxen I'm having to take for the costochondritis.

I like the Gaithers - they're good. They sing the same tunes a lot, though. I like to hear new songs sometimes. Are you still taking the pepperment for your stomache?

Joanne, I like company for a few days but always glad to see them go, too. I guess that sounds mean but they tire me out.

Tammy - that's great the way you have Tim's college planned out! Way to go. My son worked all the way through and we paid what he couldn't. He was close enough that he could live at home so it worked out well. He got married before he graduated, bought a mobile home and moved in right beside us. His wife also graduated from college, majoring in education and we helped them some but they both worked and did most of it on their own his last year. She had about 3 more years after he graduated. They are both very frugal. My daughter never did finish college ... although I wanted her to. She got a job as a case worker at the DAs office first then moved on to Assistant to the Director of Adinistration at the hospital. She gave that up last year for a degree in Massage Therapy and will be graduating next month. She told me the other day the head of therapy at the hospital told her he was holding a position for her there if she wanted it. GOD IS GOOD! The way they are going right now, I'm just wondering and wondering what the grand-kids are going to turn out to be!
Old 06-02-2007, 09:45 PM   #55  

Joanne, I'm so glad that you had a nice visit while your brother was in Florida. Have you had rain yet? I didn't know if that tropical storm would help out or not.

Mima, I thought Showdown was confusing, but by the end of it I liked it. Not as much as his other books though.

Meme, the breathing has been difficult here also. I don't like it! Tell your daughter I need a massage!!

Graduation parties wear me out.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:07 AM   #56  

So good to read your post, Meme. I will finish Showdown and they have more books for me. The librarian told me to request the library to buy them and I got a note yesterday saying they were going to buy all the latest. Wow!!!!
The concert was WONDERFUL! Bill Gaither wasn't there because he was having some med. tests but they made that into something funny with the sound man taking notes to tell Bill anytime something was said thet would not please Bill. Signature Sound was AWESOME! They are coming back here in OCT to give their own concert. I will be there!
Bad stomache. I felt better after taking 3 Cipros but I am out. I want it to go away without drugs. Saw a program on PBS yesterday that talked about the fact that most of our problems originate in our digestive system. She advocates a digestive enzyme, probiotocs, high fiber, and Omega 3. Every day. I should do that for 30 days and see. H.O.P.E. I saw it before but it didn't sink in.
GLad you had a nice time with your brother. Joanne. Hope you are getting rain. We will tomorrow. Same storm.
That's hard about your breathing. My asthma has calmed down . Brad hasn't been working on the apt. He works so hard lately. I wish he would slow down and not take on any new jobs.
Going to one graduation party and then Jessica's graduation. God is good. He definitely watches over her. Not happy she is living with her bf but her mother threw her out!
I will have a good nap this pm-Only had 6 hours sleep. Bye for now Mima
Old 06-04-2007, 04:52 AM   #57  

Good morming-hope you are getting rain, Meme.
And Joanne.
I got a phone call from my brother tellimg me that our brother-the youngest-is in jail for 2 months. He was driving without a license. He is an alcoholic with an alcoholic gf that he has lived with for years. I don't know where he is but I sure pray that this is his bottom-he doesn't seem to have one because he has been in jail before. He has lost his license for good. The didease of alcoholism affects so many families.
I will probably visit him when I lose my attitude of yelling at him. I helped bring him up-he's 12 years younger than me. He listened to me for a short time in his life. He used to sell pot from his bedroom . I really don't see him but once a year because I can't stand his gf-she is usually drunk. I tell him he can't bring her if she is drimking and he respected that. I have already prayed about this situation. I need to put it in God's hands and let Him guide me.
Massage today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mima
Old 06-04-2007, 10:25 AM   #58  

Default Hey There

Mima- I hope someone or something will reach your brother. He will first have to dump the g/friend unless she is willing to travel the road to good health.. That may be doubtful. I grew up in a house hold with a alcohalic. My mother. It was the worse kind of ****.Being the oldest of 5 kids I was the mother. I never knew what a normal teenage life was. I was washing diappers over a wash tub with a rub board at the age of 13. I finally got out when I was 20 years old and got married. The problems didn't really stop then. They followed me .You never forget.Our son was headed into drink but now that he is married to a christian girl his life is turned around. My daughter never was tempted. My mother died from the results of her lifestye 14 years ago. She was 80 years old. We all still have the scars of our life..Mine is good and I have some peace now.. I stay busy.I have a good relationship with my brother and one sister. The youngest.
Meme- Company is a lot of work. My brother has his RV so he didn't stay with me. He has a big dog and 2 cats they take with them everywhere. That would be too much for me. My little dog is a handful. I am taking her for a long walk 1 1/2 miles(more or less) 2 times a day. It is good for me and she gets too tired to get into much trouble.
Tammy - We got 4 inches of rain. We need more. Florida soil just drains right off. I have never had a massage. I feel like I need one. I am as always working on my eating plan. I am tempted to eat things I shouldn't. I have to lose only 4-5 lbs and it seems I need a good kick in the behind. I will never lose my love of junk foods,it seems. Maybe the walking will help. I used to walk 4 miles a day. I guess when You hit 74 things slow down. I told my hubby I couldn't believe That I will be 75 in March.. Where did the years go?As I look around this room I think I better get busy. Everything is in the floor. I would have been yelling at my kids if their room looked like this.
Bye...Joanne
Old 06-04-2007, 11:00 PM   #59  

My house is still a big mess. I can't seem to get the energy I need to get it in shape. My friends and I started yet another diet today. We're going to try it together this time. I'm not real sure about one friend but the other one and I are determined to do it. I talked to her tonight and we both did good today. Maybe "together we'll stand!" I'm trying to eat several mini meals a day ... maybe 6. I went to the store tonight and bought some Healthy Choice Soup, salad, fruits, veggies, whole wheat bread and crackers, Special K cereal, yogurt, popcorn, rice-cakes, trail mix, popcycles, Bryers strawberry cheesecake, fat free ice cream and a few other things to 'keep me happy' for the rest of the week. I'll add those along with some turkey, chicken, tuna, eggs, pickles and other stuff throughout the day and have a little of what I make for hubbys dinner at noon. That should keep me feeling full all day long without having had a whole lot of fat, carbs or calories.

We did get some rain. It rained here twice but didn't rain a drop in Cookeville which is only 8 miles away. Weird! But, alas, it is still really dry and the yard still looks burned up. What we need is 2 or 3 days worth ... a good steady, soaking rain.

My dad was a weekend drinker ... and mean when he drank, too. That's the worst kind. I usually got the worst end of that! Don't like drunks and don't have any sympathy for them. Everybody knows alcohol causes intoxication just as everybody knows drugs impairs your judgement and frys your brain, and if you jump off a 10 story building you're gonna die. So ... I have more sympathy for the man who jumps off the building than I do for an alcoholic or a junkie ... at least he didn't take anyone with him! Put an alcoholic or a junkie behind the wheel of a car and you might not could say the same - besides the example they're being! That's why I don't drink at all, even though I learned at an early age drinking doesn't affect me like it does others. I used to could drink 3 or 4 times as much as someone else and not feel a thing. But I don't drink at all now because I'm afraid someone might see me sitting in a restaurant sipping a drink and say, she's a Christian and she drinks so it must be ok. Then they may have one, then another and they may not be able to control it or it may affect them differently and then I would have been the cause of their problem. So ... I choose not to be a stumbling block to someone else. It's just a little thing & I don't miss it. Besides, I love tea, coffee and diet coke!
Old 06-05-2007, 05:31 AM   #60  

I grew up in a family where my father was a rageholic and my mother drank later on-my father controlled her. She had 4 sisters and 3 of them drank-one is still alive. Of course, I was married to an alcoholic-surprise, surprise, surprise! And boy are my kids affected-especially my daughter because he rejected her . Oh yeah, my father rejected me, after he spoiled me when I was young. I guess the best thing is not to pass the dysfunction on. I went to Al-anon and Adult Children of Alcoholics. For years. But the there is my brother,
I called Auntie yesterday, who is very sick and after I told her about my brother, she told me that her adopted son was back in jail for stealing. He is brain damaged and just gets in with the wrong people. She has given up on him. He was doing well for a long time but he keeps going back. I am going to bring him my old Bible. Now I know the only hope for someome is their surrender to God-they can do this through AA or church. I am so happy for your son, Joanne. It's so hard to watch your own children. That used to be my biggest worry.
We did the big shopping at a new store yesterday-it was sure crowded but they have the best prices. I could go there myself but pushimg the cart hurts my back . Got a wonderful massage yesterday. She wouldn't take a tip but said to pass her name along. I hurt today but I know that will go away.
My stomache is better-I have been taking the digestive enzymes.Wouldn't that be good if they worked, along with the other things.
Wow-I am rambling. Anne should be back soon with pictures.
Have fun, ladies!!! Mima
Closed Thread