Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 02:10 AM   #16  

hey annette.

my cousin-in-law has graves disease. i think she still has her thyroid, but it may get zapped later on, if pregnancy tweaks it again.

i have no idea what to suggest, other than eating healthy and exercising. maybe get a second opinion? my sister likes the book living well with hypothyroidism, but i don't know if it would help you.

oh, and kd, my sister's friend tried a natural thyroid thing; some thing she found at the health store, but it hasn't been helping her at all. some gland extract, i think. i dunno.
Old 11-27-2001, 11:26 AM   #17  

Just a couple of suggestions. If you aren't eating higher protein lower carb you may find that it will help. Also, don't cut down too much since we are much more susceptible to going into starvation mode. Exercise is a must. If you can, talk with a dietician. It has helped me immensely in getting my weight off. If you haven't been to www.thyroid.about.com they have a great site loaded with info.
Old 11-27-2001, 01:00 PM   #18  

trixie,

thanks for the advice. im starting on kelp today to see if that helps. has anyone had any luck with that?

susan- CONGRATS!!!!!!!! that is sooo awesome!

here is my profile.... yuk!!

highest weight: 188

current weight:173.2

goal:120-125
Old 11-28-2001, 03:04 PM   #19  

hi guys,

am going to the endo on 12-20. cant take this anymore. somethin not adding up here.

highest: 188

lowest:125

current:174
Old 11-28-2001, 03:39 PM   #20  

I'm glad you're going to the doctor and you'll be feeling better after you do as well. Please keep posting in the meantime and don't forget to let us know what happens at the doctor's. We're here for you!
Old 11-28-2001, 04:04 PM   #21  

thank you quilter i will im already at 174,&will most likely be at least 175 by tomorrow morning, b/c todays gain got me in to a binge not to far my higest 188.
Old 11-28-2001, 07:12 PM   #22  

and kd, just cuz you had a binge doesn't mean that is what you are for the rest of time. it was yesterday, and today is a new day.

have you tried writing things down? not even trying to eat better or anything...just writing it down? i've found it really helps me.

it's funny, but no matter what i eat during the day, i tend to gravitate around 30 points.. it probably explains why i'd be starving trying to stay in my point range with the new program.

i got one paper done this morning, and i have another one due on friday. i'm going to my bf christmas party...i dunno what to wear. i have a ton of formals (really good sale at an outlet), but it'll be cold (and i am always freezing in formals, it seems). the only warm one i have has some odd dye problem, so it dyes any part of my skin touching the fabric this odd gray/black color

is a formal too formal for a jacket and tie dress code suggestion? should i just wear a skirt and sweater or sweater set? i have this long fuschia shimmery skirt that i love, but i think it might be too bright....

okay, enough obsessing. back to work.

take care y'all!

andrea

oh, and since you shared kd...

highest weight 168ish i think?
present weight 164 (evil gym scale) or 158 (happy home scale)
ww goal from a few years ago was 152
i really would like to weigh 145 or 140, but i have massive doubts about that ever happening, since i'm 5'8 and relatively athletic. i'd settle for a size 8-10. yeah, that'd be cool. i'd fit into plus size vintage clothing!!
Old 11-28-2001, 09:16 PM   #23  

lol andrea. have fun at your parties im sorry for being unclear. i didnt binge yesterday, i binged today. i am in a weird cycle.... i binge BECAUSE i gain, not the other way around. oh well, i hope to get to the bottom of it in 3 weeks.
Old 12-07-2001, 04:05 PM   #24  

Default hello

Hi every one.

Well I'm a newbee here. My Thyroid turned off sometime during or after my third child. Of course it took me 3 years to figure out I may be ill. A friend said she would drive to ontario and kick me all the way to the Dr if I didn't get there. My TSH was 203.5 I'm now in the "normal" range. I'm also having hip problems they never went back after having kids. I have joined a health recovery group and do a stretching work out twice a week. Any way it is now time to wake up. Eating right and losing weight may help. I'm really glad I found this group because it is so nice to talk to people who understand thyriod problems.
Old 12-07-2001, 04:08 PM   #25  

welcome!!
Old 12-10-2001, 08:18 AM   #26  

Glad to have you join us...keep posting and we'll help each other.
Old 12-29-2001, 05:23 PM   #27  

thanks for the welcome everyone. I guess I will really start after new years. My hubbies home on holidays and is baking up a storm. Have to test everything and make sure it is ok for the kids to eat.
Old 01-03-2002, 05:01 PM   #28  

wow. the thread is hot for views. cool. i haven't gotten the emails saying more posts were added.

new years was fun. i made cheese and chocolate fondue. the latter was very good. the former was okay.

my party was fun. the dress i wore was second hand, and through the night it started to disintegrate. very sad. when i hugged my bf goodnight, it ripped up the back. i think the previous owner was too heavy for the dress and stretched the seams out. luckily, all the falling apart was hidden by a opaque overlay.

i am feeling better now. i am actually warm at night w/o my down comforter and 5 blankets. i just have the blankets now. easier to make the bed too. i never thought that would happen.

i gained the 5lbs i lost in november...finals and holiday foods did me in. but it was really yummy.

i jogged this morning in the mountain trails behind my apt. if any of you are technologically inclined and have extra money, a heart rate monitor is very nice. it is very motivating and keeps beeping until you are working out in your target heart zone.

well, i need to go buy books now and head off to class. any updates from you all?

andrea
Old 01-04-2002, 12:40 AM   #29  

andrea,

dont worry about the 5! sorry bout the dress
Old 01-04-2002, 10:57 AM   #30  

Andrea, it was great to hear from you. Did you check the box at the bottom to get notification when someone replies here?

Sorry about your dress...good it didn't show. It sounds like something that would happen to me.

I am sure you will get the 5 pounds under control soon.

I remember the long lines we used to have to buy college textbooks. I'm sure glad those days are behind me.

Keep in touch and good luck with your new semester.
Closed Thread