Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:11 PM   #1  

Default Really need help - Frustrated

Hello everyone.

I had Fibroid tumors that I had removed through a myomectomy proceedure three weeks ago. I am on weight watchers which has worked fine up until a week ago. I can't seem to lose one ounce, let alone a pound in the past week.

I need to know does surgery affect weight loss and can someone recommend what i shouldn't eat right now.

Any help will be appreciated. I'm frustrated
Sparklez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:14 PM   #2  
Skinny Chick in Training

S/C/G: 191/178-182???/145

Height: 5' 9"

hugs

I had an endometrial ablation done in the beginning of Feb and am having an awful time losing too, I dont see how it can still be effecting me 7 weeks later, but I sure would like to know if that is part of it!

sumisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:21 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumisan View Post
hugs

I had an endometrial ablation done in the beginning of Feb and am having an awful time losing too, I dont see how it can still be effecting me 7 weeks later, but I sure would like to know if that is part of it!

its so frustrating isn't it?! I feel like if I eat any less im going to starve myself. I'm thinking of doing the Kemetic diet for a few weeks
Old 03-28-2007, 02:53 PM   #4  
Skinny Chick in Training

*** off to google ketetic diet ***

I ended up going up on my calories afterwards, still didnt gain or lose, not I am at a point where I am going to go back down a bit and see if that helps. And I am ramping up my exercise. And if that doesnt work? I am going to go check myself into the funny farm and start saying goonie goo goo to everyone. (just kidding lol)
Old 03-28-2007, 09:44 PM   #5  

I had a abdominal hysterectomy, gained thirty pounds and was totally frustrated about it, but the weight would not budge. It did take a while, but eventually, it dropped off. I think when you are healing, your body hangs on to the extra weight 'just in case'. Please don't starve yourself or go to extremes...just give it time. Eat sensibly, and exercise, and you will eventually see results.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:03 AM   #6  

It can take up to a year for your body to recover from surgery so please be patient.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:33 PM   #7  
Skinny Chick in Training

Even something small? I had a novasure where they burn the entire lining of the uterus, its not as invasive as a hysterectomy but still leaves me unable to have any more children. I still wouldnt think it would still be healing, I mean I felt ok within a week.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:55 PM   #8  

You can feel okay but those tissues take a time to heal.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:44 PM   #9  

There is also the inflammation factor. Sometimes it takes time for the inflammatory processes to calm down and reverse.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:20 AM   #10  

thank you everyone for your input. I am beginning to see what all of you are saying is true. I have a tendency to get inflammation, plus im in PMS, but I finally figured out what was wrong. Due to post-opt depression, being that I suffer wih depression and anxiety, I was eating way over my points because of it. Once I sat down and really started to look at what I was eating, I realized I was doing a lot of nervous eating and not drinking enough fluids, but now im back on track and four lbs have come off, so im happy about that.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:53 PM   #11  
too much of a good thing!

S/C/G: 209/ACK/less than200 initially

Height: 5' 5"

oh boy, this thread is worrying me.

i had a uro-gynae surgery 4 weeks ago and am straining at the leash to start exercising and doing something about food (i don't wanna say diet).

Maybe I should wait till the 6 week post-op check-up to get the go ahead for both exercise and diet?? (there, I said it!)

although I have more than enough fat set aside for a rainy day, i wish my body would let some of it go!
catsnhorses is offline   Reply With Quote