Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:31 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #164

We were getting long. Hope everybody had a good weekend. Mine was very very long.

Mima, I know what you mean about being gone several nights in a row. We were gone Wed., Thur., Fri., Sat. and Sun. nights. Plus all day Sun., half day Sat., and half day Friday. I'm about ready to stay home for a few days. I shouldn't have to go anywhere until Wed. this week thank goodness.

I'm like most of you, not a cat lover. I had a litter of my Grandpa's kittens scratch me really bad when I was little and I never have really liked cats since then. We've had a couple of cats outside since we've been married & had one I actually liked but hubby really hates them. Don't know what his thing is with them but he says he'd just as soon have mice as have a cat. Ginger is so cute ... and so sweet. She is only 6 weeks old and weighs 1lb 3oz. She loves music ... couldn't find a better match. On the way home she started to fuss and whine. I told hubby to put my CD of the Easter Cantata on. (Yep ... doing another Cantata!) As soon as he did she threw her little had back and howled and then that little head nodded and she went right to sleep ... before the first song was even over. Then, Sat. night she started whining again and I started the same CD playing and she went right to sleep and slept all night. I just left the CD player on low in the room where she is all night long. I made a couple of pictures: below. I love the one of her in hubby's shirt pocket. She's so little.

Last edited by MemeToo; 05-15-2007 at 06:41 PM.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:54 AM   #2  

MORE PICTURES ... YOU MAY GET TIRED OF THESE!!!

Old 01-29-2007, 06:18 AM   #3  

Adorable!!!!! Auntie always puts the tv on when she leaves the house-they have 2 extremely high strung cocker spaniels.
Well, the Sunday school class volunteered to help out with a lot of meals and driving for the missionary. It will fall into place. And Brad is going to help me clean the house. I wheeze when I dust and my back hurts after vacuuming.
I hope we will go to Mike's house for supper. I will even make something.
Bye for now Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:00 PM   #4  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

Meme, she is so cute and sooo tiny. I really love dogs. Just can't potty treain them. Even had a dog that was supposedly potty trained and he got to where he was messing on the carpet too. I think becasue of the scent of other dogs peeing on it. Love my girls. Don't know what I would do with out them.

It was a long weekend here. Step daughter did well in her bowling tournament Saturday and Sunday. We are hoping to hear today if she is going to Holland this summer.

Saturday night we went to Lowe's. My washer and dryer are in my kitchen. I have such little counter space that I am always using the washer and dryer for added space when I am cooking. I came up with a brillant idea (at least I think it is). We got a 6 food board and I covered it with contact paper. Now I can lay it on top of the washer and dryer and have a better surface to use. When I am doing laundry I can take the board off and stand it in the corner. DH wasn't sure it was going to work. Now that it is done he loves it. Also got a new bulb for over the sink. Of course it is the wrong size. I just had to run to WalMart to pick up DH's meds. Lowe's is right next door...and of course I forget to take the bulb back. CRS

Hope everyone is having a good day. I am going to curl up in bed with a book. I am so cold. Hoping to fall asleep while I am there.
CarebearsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:07 PM   #5  

Default Hey There

Meme- What a cute baby!!!Hope she works out for you. I have had some clean days and nights this week. I hope it continues. I started out tonight to take her out and there was a really big dog in the yard. He chased me inside. Can you imagine me grabbing Christie and her trying to get to the dog to give chase. Well pretty soon there was a bunch of people in the neighborhood hunting that dog.. They finally caught him and my heart was still in my throat.He looked like a lab.He wasn't too happy to see me.
Chris. Good idea. My W/D are in my kitchun too. They are loaded with things I have to move when I use them,. Bad habit.
Hello everybody...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:24 AM   #6  

Good morning. Well my washer and dryer are in the lanai with the trains and there is always tools and junk on it, I told Brad to put a table out there but he said he would just mess it up. Duh! You do anyways. I'll hide his stuff so he will give in. At home they are stacked in bathroom -very dusty but oh so convenient. Course he helps with the laundry some when we are here.
I see ou are still losing Chris-way to go.
Joanne-that was scary about the dog. Labs can be like that. I called Bobby to see what he did about Frankie but I haven't heard.
My brother and sil are safely home.He couldn't talk long on his cell because his hands were cold. But he knows he can't complain to me.
We got a nice surprise when someone in Sunday school invited the missionary and US to dinner the first night. She is Korean and will cook Korean, And we get to know them.
Made meatballs and brought them to Mike's. he called while we were in the dollar store and needed spaghetti. You can buy anything in the dollar store including cards for 50 cents. Which I did!!!Just remebered I didn't buy cards for Brett's family. Out of sight, out of mind.There's allwys Walmart.
Chris-we have Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot and Northern Tool all on the corner of us-Perkins and Diry Queen to boot. But you can't see them from the park. Bye for now, mima-hi all.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:38 PM   #7  

Good morning. I am on a day off today. Starting next week, I will be back to a casual timetable of a few hours here and there. Then in about a month, I will be back to Mon Wed and Fri for about another month. I really am looking forward to just working the casual hours.

We went to Edmonton for the weekend. My baby gd is already 8 months old. She is soooo cute. Miss Ashley was happy to see us, as she always is. She was busy having a playdate at West Edmonton Mall an then a birthday party (skating) on Saturday. We went out for coffee with friends, and then to my sons for dinner. On Sunday we all went out for breakfast, and then hubby and I went and visited my aunt and uncle. So much to do in just a few hours. Yesterday I was really tired.

I found out yesterday, My Dr. passed away on the weekend. I have been going to him for 30 years!! Now, I have to try find a new one and that is hard as most Dr. are NOT taking new patients. We need so many Drs. in this country. Anyway, it is NOT common knowledge yet, but he had a huge practice so there will be hundreds of people looking for a new Dr.

Meme - what a cute little baby she is! She is soooo little. I am sure everybody has fallen in love with her by now. I like both cats and dogs. I had my cat for almost 17 years. My cat was like a little person. I really do like cats best, but I sure like dogs as well.

Mima - glad you got to Mikes for dinner. You will enjoy the missionary I believe. Nice that you will get invited to dinner as well and meet new people.

Joanne - That would have scared the heck out of me. I am afraid of big dogs, just because you hear so much about them attacking people.
I guess it is animal instinct to give chase. That would have been funny lol

Chris - Good idea with the washer and dryer. I have a laundry/storage room where they are stacked. I like that. In our house (which we built and sold 10 years ago, but lived in for over 20 years) I had them in the back entry. It was a large room and I didn't have to do stairs. I don't let anybody put ANYTHING on them. Anyway, getting a bit more counter space is always nice.

Tammy - Did you go away? I can't remember. Hope you check in today and hoping you enjoyed your weekend with Tim being home.

Everybody have a good day.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 05:11 PM   #8  

Responding to messages from the other posts first:

Joanne, the walking in the pool at the Y has helped the knees, and I still do the exercises that they recommended when I went to therapy. That has helped the knees also. Since I've lost weight, they are better, I'm not sure if the doctor will be giving me the injections next Wednesday or not.

Anne, we enjoyed out time with Tim although he had to leave earlier on Sunday than we all thought. It started snowing and blowing, and we all agreed that he needed to get back to school before it got worse. He'll be home again the last weekend in Feb. Did you enjoy your visit with Ashley? I'm sure she did!! Going back to casual at work sounds good. I'm glad that you are able to do that. I'm glad that I am too!

Now for the new ones:

Meme, she is absolutely adorable!!!! And so tiny!!

Chris, how old is your stepdaughter? Holland sounds like a wonderful trip! Your idea for the washer and dryer sounds like a good one to me!! Way to go!

Mima, that's great about getting to know the people.

Anne, how sad about your doctor! I hope you will find one that you are comfortable with soon.

I didn't go away, I just haven't been on the computer. We spent the day yesterday for Bob to have some testing done at a hospital about an hour from here. Long day. He'll get the results back at his doctor's appointment a week from this Friday. I had a dentist appointment today, and when I came home I took a 3 hour nap. I think yesterday wore me out. This afternoon I met with my Emmaus Share Group. One of the women couldn't make it, so it went pretty fast. We usually spend about an hour - hour and a half. We set goals for ourselves for the next week. The past week I haven't been as faithful doing my daily devotionals, and I know that I need to do that.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:09 PM   #9  
A matter of time

Anne, sounds like you had a great time. I am waiting for the day I get to spoil grand babies. But my son (23) and his girlfriend are waiting to get married....said they have no idea when they will even think of marriage. They have been together 4 years and have lived together the last 2.

Tammy, glad you got time of a nap. Sounds like the day before did you in. I know it would have me.

This morning Larry calls me and said he hurt his back at work. He came home, took a shower and went to the doctor's. He strained a muslce the doctor said. The doc had him twisting and bending. I even heard it when it popped. Larry came home and put the heat to it and is feeling much better. He sees the doctor again Friday morning. Larry thinks he will be going back to work Friday. Only time will tell.

Hope everyone is having a good night.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:35 AM   #10  

Good morning-I had a day without the phone, computer, and cable. That's what happens when you have all cable-even the electricity was off. That means clocks to set!!!!
Art today. Starting a new picture. A still life this time. I didn't like painting with the palette knife-it's not my idea of art. I wouldn't hang the pic so I will sell it. ha!!!!!!
Trying to get organized for the missionary stay. I worked on the taxes again when I couldn't watch tv.
Today is a good day-supper at church and then my class that everyone dropped out of and I don't know why I still go.I could go to Bible study with Brad. Friends coming tonight,- actually they are friends of Joyce,
My new thing with my stomache is to concentrate on the fiber. Seems to be working out-mostly haven't had IBS, Bought Benefiber and you can put it in your beverages.
Chris-you have almost lost 50 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saw a teacher friend of mine in Walmart. Old home week-I knew she had a place down here but we will get together at home.
Bye Mima
Old 01-31-2007, 09:09 PM   #11  

Chris, how is Larry's back feeling? Makes me hurt thinking about it.

Mima, I don't like it when the power goes off, too many clocks. Working on taxes doesn't sound like much fun, but I guess we'll be doing the same thing soon. How neat that you ran into your teacher friend!

Busy day at school. I don't know how some days are crazier than others when I basically have the same schedule all three days.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:49 PM   #12  
A matter of time

Larry's back was doing better. Today we ran errands and had to go to the lawyer's office. Of course his office is an hour away. We drove the hour there, sat there 1/2 hour only to find everything was taken care of and we didn't need to go. Then drove the hour home. Someone almost saw my temper today. Then I had a clerk at the insurance office piss me off. Told her the 7th person to piss me off in a day dies. I said the gal at the gas station was number 6. You should have seen her eyes. It was funny to see the way she talked to me after that. Then I come home and decide I am too tired to cook. So I order a pizza. Can't stop at pieces. Nope. I had to eat 3. Now I feel like crap. Crappy way to end a crappy day.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:19 AM   #13  

Know how you feel, Chris, I had one of those very same days today. Couldn't think. Did everything backward. Don't ya just hate when that happens? Woman asked me at church tonight if I was feeling ok and I said no. (She also has fibro) She said having a bad day? ... I said worse than that. She laughed and said, bad week? I said, no, so far I'm having a bad year! I think a lot of my problem is that it's snowing here and we're supposed to get A LOT tonight and tomorrow ... plus I'm on an antibiotic along with all my other meds and I've been taking pain meds today so they have me even more 'fogged up' than usual. I'm hurting plus it's like I'm walking around in thick smoke or having an out-of-body experience or something.

Tammy ... I know you are counting the days. It won't be long now 'till you will be a lady of liesure. Then you can come on down to TN and sit on the porch and rock with me. (Wait until it's warmer, though!) Oh, gosh, I've got to start working on our business taxes ... I do so dread that! Ginger is a sweetie. She is so loving. She loves to get right up on my neck and cuddle. She went to sleep there tonight while I was watching TV. She's so tiny, she is just a fit! She also took a liking to my gold hoop earrings while she was up there! I finally came up with a middle name for her papers ... Michelle - pronounced Mee-shell like in the Beatles song: "Michelle, Ma Belle" She is nothing like the last one I got (and had to sell) ....... THANK GOODNESS!

Anne, I'm glad my g-children live close by, even though they do bug me. 4 of them get to be a pain sometimes but I do love them and I don't think I would like it if they lived away from here. I bet you spoil them when you're with them.

Joanne, I bet that was scary. My son has a black lab and they are big dogs but I always thought they were sweet natured dogs ... his is.

My W/D is in the basement. Hubby thought that was a bad move because as we get older we'll have to go downstairs to wash but we don't really have any place up here to put them. Besides, he put me in a lift (elevator he made himself) that comes out right beside the washer in the utility room downstairs. Upstairs one door opens in my bathroom, the other one opens up in the kitchen at at the backdoor ... can't get much better than that. Even though they are down there, though, the dryer still gets piled up sometimes. I found a clothes folding table at Lowes the other day that I'd like to get but it was kind-of expensive ... I think it was about $50 or $60. The top opened up and had 2 large cotton clothes hampers hanging under it. I could put my clean whites in it when they come out of the dryer until I can get them folded, etc. I have a large utility room so I have room for it. I may have just talked myself into buying that! Thanks for the little push ... I guess that's what friends are for!
Old 02-01-2007, 06:50 AM   #14  

I love things that make my life easier-wish we had that elevator for Alison. But then she's only at our house a few days!!!I mean Westminster,
I think I am fibered out-had wicked pains in my stomache last night.
I got the taxes done but I am concerned we won't have pd enough in-course every year we get money back.
Glad your hubby's back is better. You should have been with us dealing with house insurance. But I didn't get mad-just tried to sweeten her up=good thing I did because it wasn't her fault things kept being faxed incorrectly. That was funny what you said but not everyone understands that kind of humor-I do.

I had a fog day at Art class-put water on for tea but put on wrong burner . Then had to make more because I didn't make enough. I was getting upset with Brad too because all he thinks about are trains and all I think about is getting ready for the missionary's stay. Then someone called and asked me to help set up our class' get together. Fortunately, Brad said someone had volunteered to do that and there she was sitting at out table last night, Problem solved!
I will get Brad to pick some things up with me today. I am such a worrywart.
Bye for now Mima
Old 02-01-2007, 09:12 AM   #15  
A matter of time

We are suppose to be getting bad weather today. All the schools are closed and we haven't even had a flurry yet. I just laugh at the way people are down here. You can't find milk or bread in the grocery store right now. Cracks me up.

Tummy is not feeling good at all. Last night's pizza is tearing me up.