Diet Blogs and Journal FAQ and Help Forum Support forum for members of our Community Journals and our NEW Diet Blogs

Old 07-28-2014, 04:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

Question envelope symbol with arrow folding over it still on Every 1 of my posts?

I am Not quite sure what the difference even is between a "Thread" and a "Blog" but I keep getting this grey envelope with a folded arrow on top. I looked up the symbol key and said that I am posting in a "Thread?"

What the heck does this mean? I am very new and inexperienced in this blogging stuff, anywhere. I don't mean to commit a web site foe-paw; however, I seem to keep getting this symbol, and it seems like No One is able to read my written expressions on this web site.

I am not lewd or lacividous or even rude in any way, shape, or form. Why am i being Censored, or so it seems???
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #2  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

The envelope with the arrow means that you have posted on that thread. When you're signed on, it should be on every thread to which you've posted. The thread without your contribution(s) have no bent arrow on the envelope.

You are not being censored - don't know why it seems that your posts aren't out there (I can see 15 posts that you've made). What posts have you made that others can't read?

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 02-24-2015 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Typo: on => no
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

So the arrow over the envelope symbol just helps me to ID the posts which I have also made comments on? What is the difference between a post and thread? So, I was thinking that the web site was banning or being punitive with me for me responses on that thread, I suppose?
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:14 PM   #4  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Quote:
So the arrow over the envelope symbol just helps me to ID the posts which I have also made comments on?
Yep.

Quote:
What is the difference between a post and thread?
The first post on a new topic begins a 'thread.' When you are reading a 'forum' (group of threads) you will see the option 'New Thread.'

Quote:
So, I was thinking that the web site was banning or being punitive with me for me responses on that thread, I suppose?
Nope
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

When I first joined here, there are so many categories I used to have trouble finding my posts until I set up email notifications.

On the upper left click on User CP. Then click on Edit Options. Scroll down to Messaging and Notifications, go to Default Thread Subscription Mode. In that block on the right click on Email Notifications...either instant, daily or weekly, which ever is best for you. I use daily, and I get an email every time someone posts in a thread I have posted in. In the email, you will see a link to click on to take you to the thread to see the replies.

Hope this helps.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 218/218/178

Thank you, very helpful posts!
Daisyy is offline   Reply With Quote