Diet Blogs and Journal FAQ and Help Forum Support forum for members of our Community Journals and our NEW Diet Blogs

Old 05-22-2013, 05:56 AM   #1  

Exclamation unable to comment in diet blogs

I have not been able to make comments in the 3FC diet blogs. I enter a comment and get "Comments temporarily suspended". I've tried this with several blogs I follow.
Please help asap!
muscles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #2  
it's always something

I don't have the details, but I was told that there was an attack on the blogs by spambots. It was so bad that it caused major database errors across the website. New blogs and comments have been suspended for a while.

I'm sorry
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #3  

Okie dokie! & Thanks! At least I know what's up now...what an annoying pain in the butt that spam crap is. Fingers crossed it will all be back to normal soon!
muscles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 242/185/155

Height: 5'8

I am new to this site and am experiencing similiar problems that you had. Whenever I write a "new thread" I get an envelope symbol w/ arrow over it? Then I read what symbol means and it said I had posted in a thread? Do you know what I did wrong and how to undue it?
1Bluerose68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 03:06 AM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Was this EVER fixed? I came back and tried to comment on some blogs, it's a little frustrating if it still hasn't been fixed.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:09 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The diet blogs have been disabled.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

I wondered what happened to the blogs. I used to keep mine up to date and would regularly receive comments. Then suddenly they stopped. LOL the blog was more for me to bring up my own personal journey but I always enjoyed hearing comments and receiving feedback and when it stopped I felt kind of funny about keeping it up to date.
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:17 PM   #8  

I still check one person's blog here in the 3fc diet blogs. She occasionally posts, and I read it, but of course I can no longer comment.

By chance, I ended up in the 3fc diet blog home page today and noticed a former 3fc blogger I'd followed in the past had just restarted her 3fc blog a few days ago after a 5-year absence. I happen to be friends with her on FB, so I messaged her that the comments were disabled. Just so she knows. She responded that it was lame.

I agree. The comments have been disabled for a couple years now. I take it this is a permanent thing. Why isn't there something on the diet blog homepage that clearly states this? (If it's there, I don't see it.) Then if someone just wants to blog for themselves and doesn't care about comments from readers, at least they know. And those who want comments can go elsewhere to blog. Or instead just use the forum to interact with others.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:36 PM   #9  
it's always something

Laura, I agree with you and I wish I could change it, but I'm no longer part affiliated with the website. As far as I know, the blog script became buggy and caused major problems with the server and put it at risk. They disabled the blogs so no more people could sign up or comment, for security purposes. By that time, most people had stopped using them anyway due to the appeal of self hosted blogs, blogger, social media, etc. If it's still available, there is a way for the handful of users that are left to export their blog to a file, then upload the file to blogger or another platform. If anyone wants help, just PM me and I'll try to remember how. (I can't access my old blog either). That would be my personal wish because I think the bloggers that are left will benefit more from a blog system that offers more current features and flexibility.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:45 PM   #10  
it's always something

Ah, here are the directions for exporting blogs to another platform

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diet...g-blogger.html
Old 06-05-2015, 07:19 AM   #11  

Thanks for responding Suzanne.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote