Diet Blogs and Journal FAQ and Help Forum Support forum for members of our Community Journals and our NEW Diet Blogs

Old 01-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Default Having trouble logging in

So, on my blog I KNOW I have the correct password, but it keeps saying my username is invalid. I signed into it yesterday just fine. The only thing I can see is that it automatically capitalizes the first letter of my username (amber1011). I'm really confused as to why it isn't letting me log in!
Amber1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:53 AM   #2  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I'm having the EXACT same problem. Any help would be great. I'm starting to think maybe it's a problem with the internet programme we're using. I'm on Firefox...starting to think it's the way it remembers passwords for particular sites that's screwing it up.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:02 PM   #3  
Chug-chuggin' on

S/C/G: 171/156/130

Height: 5'3 and 3/4''

Ditto. I also use Firefox (-____-).
CallMeTraci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Hmm.. I'm using Chrome and not having this issue, which suggests it may well be a browser issue. Have you contacted the mods?
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:03 PM   #5  
it's always something

The blogs login system is slightly different. The username must be in all lower case letters. We see this problem a lot if your blog username and your forum username are the same, but your forum username has an upper case letter. The 3FC cookies will likely remember your forum name, attempting to force the upper case in your blog login as well.

However, the forum username will let you log in with all lower case even if you have upper case letters in the username. It will display correctly when you are logged in.

The way around this, that I've personally found, is to clear your 3fc cookies completely. Then log into the blogs first, setting a new cookie using all lower case letters. You can then log into the forum also using all lower case letters.

That should take care of it Some browsers may have different systems of holding your login info, so you may have to make adjustments.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I have this same problem...using Firefox, I cleared the cookies, tried logging in, and it still wouldn't work. Even without the uppercase version of my username in the browser's history to confuse Wordpress's login, it still reset letters in my username to capitals. Hmm...

I tried logging in using IE, and it worked fine. I guess I'll just do that from now on.
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 184

Height: 5'10

Hi ,I'm brand new to using blogs,have no idea,flying by the seat of my pants here ,I've no idea ,what being said like ccokies
Kimmycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #8  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber1011 View Post
So, on my blog I KNOW I have the correct password, but it keeps saying my username is invalid. I signed into it yesterday just fine. The only thing I can see is that it automatically capitalizes the first letter of my username (amber1011). I'm really confused as to why it isn't letting me log in!
I have the same problem and have also been told that I need to have a new pw which was emailed to me but even with that I cannot login to my blog!!
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote