Having trouble logging in

• So, on my blog I KNOW I have the correct password, but it keeps saying my username is invalid. I signed into it yesterday just fine. The only thing I can see is that it automatically capitalizes the first letter of my username (amber1011). I'm really confused as to why it isn't letting me log in!
  • I'm having the EXACT same problem. Any help would be great. I'm starting to think maybe it's a problem with the internet programme we're using. I'm on Firefox...starting to think it's the way it remembers passwords for particular sites that's screwing it up.
  • Ditto. I also use Firefox (-____-).
  • Hmm.. I'm using Chrome and not having this issue, which suggests it may well be a browser issue. Have you contacted the mods?
  • The blogs login system is slightly different. The username must be in all lower case letters. We see this problem a lot if your blog username and your forum username are the same, but your forum username has an upper case letter. The 3FC cookies will likely remember your forum name, attempting to force the upper case in your blog login as well.

However, the forum username will let you log in with all lower case even if you have upper case letters in the username. It will display correctly when you are logged in.

The way around this, that I've personally found, is to clear your 3fc cookies completely. Then log into the blogs first, setting a new cookie using all lower case letters. You can then log into the forum also using all lower case letters.

That should take care of it Some browsers may have different systems of holding your login info, so you may have to make adjustments.
  • I have this same problem...using Firefox, I cleared the cookies, tried logging in, and it still wouldn't work. Even without the uppercase version of my username in the browser's history to confuse Wordpress's login, it still reset letters in my username to capitals. Hmm...

I tried logging in using IE, and it worked fine. I guess I'll just do that from now on.
  • Hi ,I'm brand new to using blogs,have no idea,flying by the seat of my pants here ,I've no idea ,what being said like ccokies
  • Quote: So, on my blog I KNOW I have the correct password, but it keeps saying my username is invalid. I signed into it yesterday just fine. The only thing I can see is that it automatically capitalizes the first letter of my username (amber1011). I'm really confused as to why it isn't letting me log in!
    I have the same problem and have also been told that I need to have a new pw which was emailed to me but even with that I cannot login to my blog!!