Diet Blogs and Journal FAQ and Help Forum Support forum for members of our Community Journals and our NEW Diet Blogs

Old 04-02-2007, 08:56 PM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Clicking on "My Diet Blog"

Thought I'd go read a couple of the diet blogs . . . but discovered that clicking on that little "My 3FC Diet Blog" that people have started putting under their avatar only takes you to the list of Blogs . . . so if someone has a different user name on the Blogs there is no way of actually finding what they blogged . . . did that make any sense? Maybe I'm just missing something?
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 09:39 PM   #2  

Linda,

I just checked this out and mine works fine. The problem is that I think some people might have incorrectly posted the link that shows under their avatar. I had to add that to my profile myself.. it didn't get added automatically.

Yup.. If they used a different name, you won't be able to find them without the link being correct That precisely why I picked the same name

Give mine a try and see if it works. It works for me.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:02 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

Yes . . . yours works absolutely as expected . . . thanks . . . now, for the hard question . . . how do the others (the ones that don't work) even figure out that something is wrong?
Old 04-02-2007, 11:31 PM   #4  
it's always something

Hmm Do know of someone that has it wrong that I can check to see what happened?

I'm guessing they posted the full link to their blog instead of their blog url. We have a good example on the profile page and it shows in red text what they are supposed to add. But we have the same type of example for fitday info, and some members still paste the whole url
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:03 AM   #5  
Onward and Downward

Yep . . . our very own Wruthie . . . but, obviously, I don't know what she called her blog.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:00 AM   #6  
it's always something

Ok, she's ruthxxx there too, and yep, she posted the whole url in her space instead of just the ruthxxx. Maybe I went about it the wrong way. Maybe I should have just coded it for the url. I guess I had fears of people posting links to spam, lol.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:04 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Duh! I'm off to adjust!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:07 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Is it working right now?
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:10 AM   #9  
Onward and Downward

No . . . same as before . . .

And I cannot find Ruthxxx?

There was somebody else I was looking for last night, but darned if i can remember who . . . sure there must be bunches more, though.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:37 AM   #10  
it's always something

Ruth, all you need to type in the field is ruthxxx, not the rest of it

Linda, we have the ability to create a list of all the blogs, but unfortunately it's not possible to paginate it or have it list in columns. It wouldn't be bad right now, but if we have a thousand blogs then it will be one very long page
Old 04-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #11  
Onward and Downward

Good point, Suzanne . . . BTW, I think I found her . . . but she's not Ruthxxx . . . she's The xxx Blog. At least I think that's her; sure sounds like it.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:21 PM   #12  
it's always something

She's still our ruthxxx The url doesn't have to match the title of the blog.

http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/ruthxxx/
Old 04-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #13  
Onward and Downward

Okay . . . bear with me while I display my unbelievable level of ignorance . . .

Are you saying that if I just type http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/????/ I'll go to that person's blog??

For example, I know LindaT has a blog so . . . http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/LindaT/ . . . should do it . . . and it does.

Okay . . . so now how does that help me . . . where do I type the URL to get from that general blog page to the one I'm looking for? Do I have to open a forum thread to get to a blog?

Oh never mind . . . I'm probably the only person out of the 60 - odd - thousand around here who can't figure this out and I really don't want to waste everybody's time on my denseness.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:23 PM   #14  
it's always something

It will go to it IF that is what they selected when they created their blog. A lot of people aren't using their forum names, they are using various words.

When you sign up, you'll be asked to create a blog name, which is really just the part that goes in the URL. 3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/name/ And that part never changes. Then you'll be asked to create a title for your blog, which appears at the top of the page. You can change the title later if you want. So someone could create 3fatchicks.com/diet-blog/susie/ (or /diet-blogs/susiesplace/ etc)then at the top of the page it might say Susie's Fabulous Blog or My Diet Universe or Fluffy's Big Adventure. That's the blog 'title'.

If you are looking for someones blog then you are kind of at their mercy, lol. Maybe they chose something unrelated and you can't figure out who they are. If they update it frequently, then their blog title will appear on the list of recently updated blogs.

Hopefully people will start linking them in their forum profile.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #15  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

When I click on my 3FC Blog link, it doesn't show my recent blog entry, says it's not found and my blog account name is the same as it is here so now sure what's going on?
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote