Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 04:20 PM   #16  

Cool

Hi, all. Oh my goodness, this thread is bustling. I can't keep up with it all. Our weather is cloudy for the moment. It's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow then go back to warm weather (ick). I had bad cable car karma this morning and had to walk down three very steep hills. Oh my poor knees. At the bottom of the hill was a needle stick for my A1c. Get the results next week. Afraid it might be higher than it was last time. Then I got to work and took my bs. It was 194! And I had been fasting since 8 p.m. last night and had only eaten 300 cals. of protein bars for dinner. I envy all of you with low a.m. bs.
Rosey - sorry about your health problems. get better soon.
Monet - good work on the A1c. Whatever it is, glad you got some benefit from it. I have access to a diabete educator through my insurance. She was very helpful. They're trained to fill in the details that doctors don't give you.
Otto - That's good you're off the Lantus. I take 2000 mg of Glucophage daily, but It's not working as well as I wish. I don't snack but do have dinner very late before bed. That's why I was surprised at the 194 reading this morning when I had eaten very little and had done so before 8 p.m.
Jeanne - Wish I could get my am sugar to 125. I know you'll back down soon.
Vikia - welcome to the thread. I try to avoid those annoying politcal commercials too. Tend to just watch commercial-free cable movies when I watch tv. It's almost time to unplug my answering machine to avoid all those recorded messages. Do they really think we're going to stand there and listen to a canned message?
Josian - sorry you have to get back on the pump, but if it works to get your numbers down then it's worth it.
Glen - Are you eating poorly or just stressed about jobhunting? Stress can up the numbers.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:18 AM   #17  
stbakd

hi all. it's combonatio of both rosetta. glen
Old 10-04-2006, 08:52 AM   #18  

Good morning! I was pleasantly surprised that my bg stayed fairly level all day yesterday. I have been having some spikes and my AM levels were up around 140...but this morning it was 115, and yesterday I never went higher than 115, even after meals. Now I am worried that the increase of Byetta I am to start in a few days will make me hypoglycemic! I guess dropping the Amaryl will help....

GLEN: Stress really does a number on me, too. Are you getting any exercise? Just a leisurely walk for 15 minutes will help both your sugar levels AND your stress. Do you have any leads on jobs?

ROSETTA: Sometimes exercise can raise your sugar levels...especially if it is strenuous. Steep hills fit that description! Will your doctor let you try Byetta? It has been just short of miraculous for me.

VIKIA: So how did you do? How many steps were you able to get in during the commercials? I think that is a very creative idea!
Old 10-04-2006, 01:10 PM   #19  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Good morning,,, fbs was 135 this morning,,,but surprised it wasn't more,,went to get my byetta and it wasn't in,,,am so pe-od,,I just can't understand why they don't keep it in stock for me,,I am the only one in the county on it here,,,So I went with out a shot last night and will again this morning,,,hopefully it is there now,,,will call when i get off of this,,there is only one pharmacy here so you have no choice and it is 26 miles away,,next one is over 65 miles away,,,so they know they got ya,,,

Monet,,I bet dropping the one drug will help ,,,I switched drugs when i went on byetta,,,the glucovance was destroying my kidneys so had to go off of it,,,good luck,,its strange because I have good reading most of the time,,but my aic was average of 180,,,so I must go high in the middle of the night,,but still better than before the byetta,,,will have another in a few months,,hoping it will be down,,,

Glen ,,nice to see you

Rosettastone,,,I can't remember are you on byetta ?,,,good luck on the aic reading,,,sounds like you had your share of urrrrrrr yesterday,,,hope things get better for you and your reading,,,I know the feeling,,,before byetta it seemed like no matter what i did they ( the numbers ) just wouldn't come down,,,made me crazy most of the time,,so I can relate to how you are feeling,,,I bet most of us have been there,,,will be thinking of you,,

Viki,,,good for you and the working out,,,I can't seem to make myself do it,,I figure work is enough,,ha ha,,i know it isn't but can't seem to make myself believe it,,(cop out) I am sure of that!

Well I to all I miss,,have a great day,,,later friends,,Jeanne
Old 10-04-2006, 01:31 PM   #20  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Hi All, I can't seem to keep up with everyone here, but wanted to say I got off Lantus, upped my metformin and have lost 3 lbs in 5 days. I really hope this helps. My fbg is up a little, but still under 110 which makes me wonder what the Lantus was doing for me. Of course I'm following a pretty strict diet too - so maybe that is helping.
Viki - I like your commercial work out idea. I have TIVO though and fast-forward through commercials. I'm seriously considering giving up TV totally after this The Biggest Loser season. I watch less than 10 hours a week, probably a lot less - not on purpose, just the Toddler Effect!
Rosetta - maybe the morning highs are the Somogyi Effect? It would be a pain to wake up to test at 2 am, but if you're getting too low overnight, you need to know. http://www.paralumun.com/diabetessomogyi.htm Let me know if that link was removed, I'll PM it to you.
Jeanne - you are doing great! I wish my doc had been willing to try byetta :-(
Glen - it's a double whammy with stress and food, isn't it? I get stressed, my sugar goes up, but I want to eat more to alleviate the stress!
Old 10-04-2006, 01:35 PM   #21  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

This is a better link, and explanation of Somogyi, dawn phenomonen and other causes of high fasting sugars
Old 10-04-2006, 02:05 PM   #22  

morning everyone.. wow lots of posts..i like that..my sl was 120 this am.. but thats becuz i was up in the wee hrs iceing my back and was hungry so had a snack i dont usually do that..i fell asleep with the ice pack.. does frozen butt mean anything the ice pack is a frozen bag of mixed vegies wrapped in a towel.. works great and makes me feel ever so much better..my back is fine during the day.. but gives me lots of trouble at night ..ottoette.. thanks for the web site it was very helpful..jeanne sry u didnt get your meds hope your sl was ok..morning monet..viki i like the commercial idea to..as i watch way to much tv..mr ken.. hope you find the job of your dreams.. have agreat day everyone.. give your smiles away..(((((hugs)))))))) rosey
Old 10-04-2006, 03:40 PM   #23  

Cool

Hi, all. Thanks for the advice and encouragement. Otto - that was a good link. I know about Dawn Syndrome, but this is a more detailed explanation. I wake up every night between 3 and 5 a.m. so I should try to take a reading then. I can't take Byetta because I have gastroparesis, which means that my stomach doesn't process food unless I take a pill to get it moving. (Another complication of diabetes which I never heard of until I got it.) Anyway, Byetta is contraindicated because it slows down digestion. My blood sugar level was 159 this a.m. I finished dinner at 10:30, a half hour before I went to bed. This is usual for me.
Rosey - can you do anything about your back? Special exercises to strengthen it or maybe acupuncture. hope you get better soon.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:42 PM   #24  

Evening everyone! I had a super tiring day. Tomorrow I am heading up to the mountains to visit my son in law's aunt. She is an artist, and we are going to play together! I am taking my pastels and pottery tools. I wanted to go buy some clay, but that did not happen today. Next time...

I have not checked my bg yet this evening. I am betting it will be a bit high, since I ate too much. I had a lot of carbs this afternoon too. I just checked it...not bad! It was 111. I owe it all to Byetta...

OTTO: Links to information sites like that are ok. Links to commercial sites or forums are not. Thanks for posting that info...would you be willing to post that link in the thread with informative sites? I think others would find it helpful.

JEANNE: Man, that would irritate me too if the pharmacy did not have my Byetta and I had to drive so far! Mine orders it and gets it in a day, so I usually order online and give them two or three days until I want to pick it up. My next pen, which I will start in about a week, will be the ten...big brother! I hope it helps with the weight loss! I am a bit afraid of nausea, but it has never been TOO bad....

ROSEY: I am so sorry your back is bothering you! Could it be the way you sleep? Perhaps a new pillow, or one under your knee might help? Feel better!

ROSETTA: Do you usually eat dinner just half an hour before you go to bed? On Sugarbusters and South Beach too, I think, they stress not eating two to three hours before bed. I find when I follow that rule and eat VERY lightly at night, I do better.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #25  

Default I am back

Well I have not been here in a long time. I am sorry for being mia. I have not been able to be online for a long time. But I am back and will try to post as often as I can. My BS has been good but I have still to get a AC1 test. But I have been keeping it undercontrol fairly well. 105 in the morning and 90 in the evening. I just can not seem to be able to give up cokes. I still have one or two a week. So I am still working on that.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:01 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 228/188/150

Height: 5'8"

Good evening all...had a very fast day for some reason. It flew by. First I woke up really late...8:30, the next thing I knew it was 1:30 and I had to get myself moving to go pick up my granddaughter at school. She lives 20 miles away and gets out of school early on Wednesdays at 2:00. By the time I got home to make dinner, it was late and I still had to roast a chicken. Dinner did not get served until 7:30, but it was delicious.

My numbers were good again today even though I only did a pitiful 15 min exercise while watching Biggest Loser. I just could not make myself move. Talk about "loser"!

Anyway, the stair climbing is working well for me. I can usually get in 4-5 up/down flights during a 1 minute commercial. Then I start huffing and puffing. But hey, every little bit helps.

Ottoette: very nice link. I have been wondering why my morning FBG was so hard to get under control.

Jeanne: I am currently hangin' with 3 of my online pals to support each other while trying to diet and lose some weight. We have been really trying to challenge each other with exercise. Their morning emails to me are the "get off your butt and sweat" type. I love that they care so much. You just say the word, and I promise to motivate you too, LOL!

Today's numbers: FBG 102, post prandials: 115, 122, 123

Anyway, it is late, and I have to go let my dogs out. Nighty-nite.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:21 AM   #27  
Lifetime Loser

Hi, I'm new here. I was told I am food controled diabetic at 6.3. They didn't give me any info for a diabetic food plan so I will call and get that today. I have Chronic Kidney Failure so they really want me to get this under control NOW. My husband has the testing machine so I will start checking a few times a week doing a fasting and then one 2 hrs. after a meal, so I won't know any of those #'s until tomorrow.

I was very happy to have found this group and look forward to getting to know all of you. Also I need to lose at least 45 lbs. and I know that will help lower some numbers, I am up 5 lbs. from a 2wk. vacation so I need to lose that quickly to get back to my ticker weight. I have been posting in the calorie counters and J. Cruise groups but this will be my new home.

Phyllis
Old 10-05-2006, 10:53 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 228/188/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi Floridarusty!, I am sorry about your diagnosis and health issues. The group here are very very nice, you will love this forum. Lots of great support and ideas. I pretty new here too. I just found out I was Type 2 mid September.

As far as a diet plan, I am using South Beach Phase 2. I am paying very close attention to Cal/Carb/Fat/Prot with a goal of <1500 calories and <100 carbs. But you will have to take a look at others like SugarBusters and the Sugar Solution by Prevention Magazine that are similar to find one that works for you and fits like a glove, because it will be a forever lifestyle change.

Seems like lots of people use Fitday.com to journal their food and learn how their nutrition is composed. I suggest Food/Cal/Carb/Fat/Prot/BGL journaling is one of the best tools to know how you are controlling things.

I use an Excel Spreadsheet that I can send to my NP/CDE and GP via email. They love getting the data so they can help me adjust where I need to and they can see my progress ahead of visits.

Any, it is nice to meet you.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:22 PM   #29  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

viki:

I am impressed by your organization! I wish I could stay that organized!

I have Diabetes burnout. I sometimes check, do my insulin most of the time, but I hate having to poke myself all the time... You would think after having Type I for 11 years that it would be old hat... but it's not. I have to force myself to deal with it daily. Hence, why I'm going to a new endo. I need some motivation and help, scare tactics don't work. I stopped the pump 2 years ago due to insurance issues. Hopefully, when I go on my almost husband's insurance, that will change. I may have to start over from the beginning, with diligent testing, etc....

Anyway, I'll get off my pitypot now. Keep up the good work, folks!
Old 10-05-2006, 02:19 PM   #30  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Just a fast drive tho this morning to say hi to all and wish you a good day today,,got my byetta yesterday, fineally,,,,urrrrrr,,anyway my bs was up to 150 this morning,,I am sure because I missed a few shots,,hopefully by friday they will be back to normal,,

Welcome to all the new folks,,will look forward to getting to know you !,,

Have a wonderful day, gotta run work is calling,,,later friends,,Jeanne
Closed Thread