Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 11:50 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Dieting with Diabetes- September is here - football and cooler temps!

It hit me today....Summer is about over! The temps have cooled and it is starting to feel like we are moving into fall. Time for a new thread. And if it is ok with everyone, I think we can try a monthly, or even weekly thread. Let me know what you all think!

Not much going on with me. I babysat tonight for Kaeleb while my daughter and son in law went out to meet some friends for dinner. I even took him to the store with me. FUN! Too bad he was fussy the whole time!
Old 09-10-2006, 12:52 PM   #2  
stbakd

hi monet
i'm going to bbq today :bgr: glen
Old 09-10-2006, 11:00 PM   #3  

Hi Glen! I hope the BBQ was fun! What did you have? I spent the whole day at church...it was a big Vision event where they present the ministry plans for the next year. We had a breakfast in the morning, and a dinner in the evening,and I was in charge of them both. Whew! I am glad that is over!
Old 09-11-2006, 08:09 AM   #4  
stbakd

we had the bbq at church. then i went to another bbq after that one. i had baklva and brownie for dessert. my bs wasn't too high. glen
Old 09-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #5  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hey where is everyone ?,,,maybe they can't find us,,??,,I couldn't find you all for a while myself,,,then I went looking,, witch only shows you that you can run but can't hide,,,ha ha,,

Bs was 120 this morning,,had a 255 yesterday tho,,ate something I shouldn't have and knew better but did it any way,,,why do we do that sometimes?,,it was bis/ and gravy,,ummmm,,but knew from past experiance that I can't eat that with out my bs going nuts,,,everything came back down and has been fine all day today,,,with some almost to lows,,,when I get under a 100 I don't like the feeling,,I do the best at 120,,

Anyways,,just wanted to drop by and say hi,,,Rosey I know you must be out there and Creations,,,hope you are both feeling better,,,

Talk to you soon,,,sure liked to see the Byetta forum,,,cool,,later,,Jeanne oh yeah and hi to all I missed,,
Old 09-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #6  

Hey, everyone! I catered a dinner at church tonight. I am SO tired! I was in charge of a big event at church yesterday too... When I got home, I went out and got in the VERY cold pool and did some water aerobics. I was pleased to check my bg when I got in and found it to be 75. It was 161 this morning! I guess from all the stress....

I go for lab work in the morning. I am hoping my A1C is good this time...I think it should be, but I have had some spikes, like the 161 this morning.... I hope they don't mess it up!

I will check in tomorrow!
Old 09-12-2006, 01:38 PM   #7  
Never Ever Give Up !

Wow for some reason with this new thread it keeps unsigning me in,,so took forever to get here this morning,,,and do you think I could remember my pass-word ?,,,ha,,fineally remembered it and it let me in,,,

Where is everyone else,,,I am thinking that because they can't post on the old thread that they can't find us,,,sure hope not,,but I had a hard time yesteday finding you,,,

bs was 135 this morning and I am surprised because I got up and ate in the middle of the night,,,only done that two times lately,,,don't know why,,but am putting a holt to it now,,,that used to be my worse habit,,,do good all day and eat all night,,,I think it is stress,,,my boys are going tho some things right now in their lives and it must be bothering me more than I realize,,,

Monet,,,sure hope your AIc comes back good,,,I also hate those spikes,,mine Aic came back at 8 last time a average of 180 bs,,,which isn't that good but was far higher before I started byetta,,,anyway my reading were good tho on the meter,,,so I must have spikes in the night,,,makes you nuts,,,I hate the test,,ha,,,but good luck and I will be thinking of you,,,loved the new byetta forum also,,,good job,,,

Hi to all missing,,,miss you and your posts lots,,,I am off to work ,,,talk to you soon,,,Jeanne
Old 09-13-2006, 10:34 AM   #8  
creations

I found you. It took a couple of tries before I realized the old board was closed.
Went to my dr yesterday,bs was high,but he was pleased with the weight loss. Said I was healing good. To give it a couple more weeks.
This morning we had to have our one dog put to sleep. That was so hard.

Judy S
Old 09-13-2006, 12:04 PM   #9  

It is raining here, so I can't get in my morning walk just yet. I am hoping the rain stops and I can go this afternoon. It is much cooler. My blood sugar was high again this morning...its been running 30 to 50 points higher in the mornings, and I am guessing it is the lack of walking, and perhaps a problem with my Byetta. I am feeling really frustrated about it. I got a new pen yesterday and will start using it in a day or two. I keep hoping..but I guess I am going to have to call the doctor's office and ask for a prescription for a stronger pen...

CREATIONS: Aw, I am so sorry about your dog. That is so hard! I guess the stress effected your blood sugar.

JEANNE: I am sorry if you had trouble finding the thread. I bookmark the total "Diabetes Support" forum, then check the threads. I find the shorter threads easier to navigate...when they get to be more than seven or so pages, its just hard to find where you left off, etc. I close the old one to keep folks from posting there, and it becoming confusing. I am going to be interested to see what the A1C is...I checked on my meter and the first month I was on Byetta the average was about 20 points lower than it is now. I was not spiking in the morning then, and I am now. Sunday, my bg was 161, and yesterday it was 141. Today, it was 147. The first month I was on Byetta, it was always around 90 to 100. I am so disappointed! I guess I need to move to the 10 pen...I just need to call and I hate calling because their office phone system takes for freaking ever to get through...
Old 09-13-2006, 12:09 PM   #10  

I added a link to the new thread at the end of the old one... I hope that helps anyone looking for the group!
Old 09-13-2006, 01:11 PM   #11  
Never Ever Give Up !

Good morning all !! Cold and windy here,,feels so good for a change,,am looking forward to fall,,

Creations so glad that you found us,,was looking for you and your posts,,kinda got to know some of you on the old one and was missing you,,isn't it strange how you can look forward to seeing people post that you don't even know,,but have so many things in common,,I am soooo sorry to hear about your dog,,my Deva girl a Rot who was with me through so much for so many years and like my best friend,,she went everywhere I did,,she died this last summer,,,I am still heart broken and miss her so very much,,my heart goes out to you ,,

Monet,,listen,,when I was on the 5 pen for two months at first I saw some changes,,but bs were up and down the wt did start to come off but I felt like you by the end of my second month on the 5pen,,then was moved up to 10 and still really slow results,,,now as far as the bs go this is my 3rd month on a ten and the bs are really coming down,,,if I watch what I eat they are always with in a good range,,,some people see them come right down with byetta,,,some it takes months,,I am one of them,,hang in there,,I really do know how you feel,,,but hopefully you will be like me and the longer you are on it the better it will get,,,moving up will be a good thing for you I bet,,,anyway am thinking of you and let me know how it goes,,don't give up !!!!! my wt is still at a stand still after 44 pds but I am more concerned about the bs right now and please,,the wt will come off sooner or later,,

My bs was 88 this morining and I feel pretty good except I have a headache,,88 is to low for my body,,don't care what they say,,some of us are different,,so have a great day all,,,and am glad that you put a link on the old site,,,might help those that are missing,,,Rosey Where the heck are you,,last I heard you were sick,,,hope all is better,,,later off to work,,I am a bartender and yesterday was slammed and lots of food orders,,,so i am hoping for a slow day today,,ha ,,,Jeanne,,,
Old 09-13-2006, 02:58 PM   #12  

Cool

Morning.. im here everyone and feeling much better..i was so busy getting the hubby, sil and grson ready to go moose hunting that i was reading the posts but not posting sry..getting men ready to go to the cabin and moose hunting is a big job..shopping and then baking, and also canning meats (as theres no refrig out where they are at)and seeing that they had all they needed..to much testostorne flying around.. the grson was very excited to be able to hunt with the big guys lol..anyways they are off to the cabin and ive got lots of quiet time now..i have not got the results from my blood tests..i had the flu and had to reschedule for the 27th.. hope the numbers are good but i only test in the mornings so not sure what they are during the day my dd and other grkids are coming tomorrow.. their brother could only miss a few days of school to hunt so they have come to retreve him but coming for the weekend so we can have some visiting time..im looking forward to it..have a great day everyone (((((((((hugs))))))) rosey
Old 09-14-2006, 09:57 AM   #13  

Good morning! I got my walk in this morning. Back on track! Whew! The rest of what is going on is not as stressful as the first part of the week has been.

JEANNE: Thanks for the encouragement...I am about to start my fourth month of the five pen. When I go in on October 2, I will ask about the ten. I don't see the doctor though...I see the Nurse Practioner, and I am NOT pleased with that. Oh well...

ROSEY: I am so glad to see your post! I was beginning to worry. Yes, getting men ready to go off is a pain. When my husband goes camping, I have to shop and pack up stuff for him. He thinks it is a great time to unwind and relax...but it sure makes a lot more work for me!

HEFTY: How is the job search going? Any leads? You are done with school now, aren't you? I know that is a great feeling!

Off to the bank!
Old 09-14-2006, 11:28 AM   #14  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Hi all!

yay for a new thread! I agree with Monet, the longer they get, the harder it is to navigate! I'm finally back on track after a couple days of out of control eating over the weekend. I can't just take one nibble of a "bad food" because then all I want is more. Yesterday was the first day back on the wagon.

I'm going to take Skye for a walk this morning when I'm done here. I really need to get more exercise in... and I know she will love me for it.. She loves me anyway, but walks are so much more fun!

The two jobs are kicking my butt. I have about 1300 bucks worth of stuff to finish getting for the wedding, and so I'm really going to have to scrimp and save the next two months to get everything that I want to get... I made a list of most important to least important, and will start there.

Well, I should get going!
Old 09-14-2006, 12:31 PM   #15  
Never Ever Give Up !

Just a quick hello ,,cool here today,,suppose to stay that way all week,,,
Nice to see everyone posting ,,,hi to all,,bs was 109 this morning and feel pretty good,,have great day !!! Jeanne
Closed Thread