Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 03:53 AM   #76  

Post I am still alive........

Well thought I would pop in and let ya all know I am still alive. I have been so busy with my mo that i have not had time for anything.

And I go back to work on monday. So I will even be more busy.

My grandbaby is doing fine. She came home and she is doing great.

My blood sugar has been a little wacky. Am going to the doctor soon. I think I am going to ask him about an AC1 test I don't know yet.

Well the weather has been real wacky here latley. Real hot 104 to real cool 70 and raining. Seems like mother nature can not make up her mind.

Have trouble sleeping most nites. So I sleep during the day. Can not seem to sleep at nite.

Well I hope everyone is doing goood. I promise I won't wait tis long again.....I would not want ya'all to worry about me...lol......Huggs to everyone and have a good rest of the summer.....
Old 07-28-2006, 11:43 AM   #77  

Good morning! I already got in a 30 minute walk and 20 minutes of water aerobics. I have to go to the church this afternoon for a wedding rehearsal, then tomorrow I will have to be there for the wedding. This is the first wedding I will coordinate, and I am not getting paid, unfortunately. The next one, I will. This one was a fluke and a study in what NOT to do when trying to allow non members to use your church building for weddings. Its going to be fine, now that I straightened the session out! Ha ha!

NOSUGAR: Good to see you! We DO miss you when you don't post. My doctor orders an A1c test every three months. How often does your doctor have you get them? If your doctor is not on top of your treatment, and helping you keep things in control, maybe you ought to check into a different doctor?! Tight control is best for avoiding complications.

ROSEY: How is your weather these days? Some day, I want to come to Alaska...it sounds so beautiful! Still enjoying the grandkids?

to everyone else! I need to go find something for lunch!
Old 07-28-2006, 02:30 PM   #78  

Morning everyone.. its cloudy and cool this am..my sl was 117 ..i had company for dinner last night and even made a rubarb custard pie..and of course i had to test it so the sl was a good thing inspite of the pie..my grson, mil and i played dominos after and by 10 pm i was so pooped and glad for my bed.. my grson is leaving today..hes such a polite and fun to be with kid(10 yrs old) i will miss him and he says he doesnt want to go home but i know his mom and dad miss him..me to..but all good things must end actually im down in the bone weary..i need a few quiet days of doing nothing..monet.. i used to cater weddings and of course i did both of my daughters including made their dresses..did all the flowers and the food.. its lots of work but fun too.. and ive done the food for others weddings etc..nosugar .. i sometimes have trouble sleeping to.. have u tried tylenol pm.. helps me alot..hello to everyone else and have agreat day ((((((((hugs)))) rosey
Old 07-28-2006, 06:00 PM   #79  

ROSEY: Wow! We have a good bit in common! I catered too, I do flowers...I did not make my daughters' wedding dresses though...the older one designed hers and a friend's mother helped her make it. The younger one's was supposed to be made by a friend of the family, but the girl screwed it up and she ended up buying one the day before the wedding! I used to be a professional cake decorator...that was BEFORE diabetes! Now I just do flowers, and coordinate. I might do photography too...my son does a good bit and we could work together. My older daughter is a professional cake decorator now, so we have almost everything covered! My son in law is a chef, and caters... Its fun! I LOVE weddings. I especially love the money! haha!
Old 07-29-2006, 02:39 PM   #80  

Morning to all the chickies and one rooster..its cold and windy here this am.. my sl was 104 this am..the pie is history..all my company has gone.. my grson is on his way home..his aunty and cousin are driving him back to his house today and i opted to stay home.. the thought of a 3 hr drive up and 3 hrs back just didnt appeal to me .. i miss him allready.. hes great kid and lots of fun for a 10 yr old..i slept in this am and i am having a 3rd cup of coffee..and enjoying th quiet and a good book..have several craft projects that i want to start but im in no hurry..question;do any of you experience being really tired as a symtom of this disease?esp if u eat to many carbs or to much sugar?.. maybe its just that im worn out from all the company anyways..hope u all are having quiet sort-of day too..pass on your smile ((((((hugs)))))))) rosey :wave
Old 07-29-2006, 10:08 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey y'all,

Sorry that I've been MIA lately... life has been busy. I went to NC with my friend Theresa from July 13- 17, then turned around and went back from the 22 until yesterday. the second trip was for a mission trip. 22 of us from my church went to a Baptist children's home in Thomasville NC. This kids broke my heart- they are there for lots of reasons, but from what my group told me, lots of neglect and abuse in their homes... we taught a youth vbs but we also took the band and equipment etc for lots of active worship! I led a bible study for 10 girls and helped with the art track... we had a lot of fun but tiring! We got home last night. I was in the van that got home around 4:30... we had one man that was sick and the driver was ready to be home...so she took off and we didn't stay with the rest of the group.... well, the trailer had a flat and then later the church van broke down in Atlanta! (right in rush hour traffic)One of our church members is currently working in Atlanta with the National guard and he helped come to the rescue... the van was towed to a shop, the trailer switched to another vehicle and everyone piled in together... the last vehicle got in around 11:30 last night...boy did they have a long day! today has been a lazy day for me... I did manage to go to the grocery store etc this evening...

foodwise? that's a good question... i tried to watch my portions... but I didn't have a lot of control over what we ate...when I checked my blood sugar, it was fine... and we did get in lots of exercise...I'll see what the scale says in the morning....

Reba
Old 07-30-2006, 05:15 AM   #82  

I couldn't sleep, so I got up and decided to check the boards. The wedding I was coordinating for the church went well. I am glad its over though. Every one and I mean EVERY ONE, asked me to turn down the air conditioning. I had it as low as it would go and it just had not caught up. It was getting irksome....

REBA: Did you wave as you came through Atlanta? I am on the north side, off 85. You probably drove down 85 through town, huh? You were very close to me!

ROSEY: Yes, eating too many carbs, have glucose spikes, make me feel worn out and tired. Before I was diagnosed, I thought my thyroid was worse, and that was why I was so tired. Instead, it was my glucose levels. You COULD just be worn out...you have had company and all kinds of excitement for the past few weeks! You need a good down day with a book and some hot tea!
Old 07-30-2006, 10:00 PM   #83  
stbakd

hello eveveryone alls well here. all the people that are awol come back. glen
Old 07-31-2006, 01:49 PM   #84  

Morning everyone another cool and cloudy day here its suppose the rain..im getting the dh and his brother out the door to go to the cabin and then i will have a whole day and night to myself i know that sounds bad but with the dh retired and so much company this yr i crave some alone time once in awhile.. my sl was 124 this am a little high for me but i ate a granola bar before bed..it sure is quiet in this forum.. where is everyone..hope u are all having fun at least and not working to hard ((((hugs)))) rosey
Old 07-31-2006, 02:44 PM   #85  
creations

Too hot to do any work here in Michigan,if it can be helped. At the last check it was 94 with humidity almost as bad.
My bs drop to 77 last nite so had something to eat and it was 270 this morning.Haven't eaten much today,just too hot. We have ac but that doesn't seem to help that much.

Judy S
Old 08-01-2006, 12:50 PM   #86  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hi everyone,,,hope you are all having a good day,,, I work for the next 4 days and then my son and girlfriend are coming for the week end with the kids,,,can't wait,,,and thankfully it has cooled way down,,,

Have been reading the posts,,,I am still having problems getting on the site,,,but today it let me without throwing me off,,,ha ha,,,it sure can make you mad when you have a whole post and poof,,GONE,,,

Strange how different foods do our bs,,,some of us can tolerate some carbs and some can't do much,,,my bs has been really good,,,125 this morning,,,but last night I had a flour tortella with refried beans and cheese and salsa,,,,two hours later my bs was 225,,,, I really have to be so careful,,,,and some things that you wouldn't think would raise it that much just send it sky high,,,,

Well hi to you all,,,have a great day,,,best to you all,,,,later friends,,Jeanne
Old 08-01-2006, 08:39 PM   #87  

Hey, Everyone! Its hot hot hot here too! I got in the pool this morning and did 45 minutes of water aerobics. My bg got too low though..it was 59 when I got out! I had one glucose tablet and 20 minutes later, it was 95.

It is like an oven outside. I have tried to stay in as much as possible. I thought about going for a walk this morning, then saw the AM temps were already climbing over 85, and thought, nope!

My son has taken off for a few weeks to just drive around the country and see stuff. He called us from Denver and today, he called from Sacramento, California. He was at the beach. Sounds like he is having a great experience, and is getting lots of pictures.

I am really tired. Hypoglycemic episodes seem to wipe me out. Is this the case with you all too? Or is it just me?

I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 08-02-2006, 04:15 PM   #88  

Hello everyone..its cold and rainy here this am..my sl was 104 this am..am trying to be more careful eating wise..it sure hard to get back in the "groove"" after all the company and cooking i have done this summer..sooooooo where is everyone?? hope u are all having a good day and its not to hot for you where ever u are..i received an order for 200 greeting cards today so that will keep me busy for awhile..but its something i like to do anyways and can make some extra cash at the same time..ill check in later and maybe someone else will have posted(((((((((hugs)))))))) rosey
Old 08-03-2006, 07:08 AM   #89  

Good morning! I could not sleep and got up at 5:30. I had woken up at 4...such a bummer! AND, I have an appointment at 12:30 and I have some work that HAS to be done this morning, so it is going to be hard to work a nap in there!

ROSEY: Oh! Do you make greeting cards? How cool! Your bg was good! Sounds like you are back into the swing of things. Mine was 95 this morning. I just LOVE seeing those numbers. Used to be, before Byetta, that my morning levels were always 150 or so, no matter WHAT I did! I am actually looking forward to having an A1C test done next month to see how much it has come down since June.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:30 AM   #90  
creations

Default weighting in

I weight in this morning,down a pound. BS was 125. Will see my dr next Thursday and see what he says about byetta.
Finally raining here in Michigan suppose to have a slight cool down. Back up to 90 on Sunday.

Judy S
Closed Thread