Old 07-01-2006, 09:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: start 332/cw 322.8 /lighter

Default What We are Eating?

I always find it enlightening to see what others are eating who are sucessfully losing weight . It gives me ideas, a way to see how i'm doing compared to others. Especially, with diabetics I think it could be a learning tool. I don't think I want to journal on line my food everyday , but wouldn't mind sharing a sample day or have ideas from others on what a sample regular day is. The thing is i'm coming off a lapse , so things are not exactly "perfect for me"...So this might help to show that i'm struggling but committing.

To start I'll tell you about yesterday which was not a good balanced diet for me , but will show you my weaknesses..and some strengths I hope. And i'll share with you my plan for today . I'm follow the jorge cruise 3 hr diet where you eat about 400 calories every 3 hrs (for my weight)...it's basically each meal at 400 cal with a snack in between so you are eating at 3 hr intervals...also I work at home and eat at the computer while i'm working which i know isn't good but is the only way I can get it done..Also, I struggle getting all of the snacks and the 3 hr intervals in for eating on the weekends..when i'm working at my desk all day it's fine..but i don't eat all of the calories allowed for my snacks...

Here's to start...
yesterday --Friday , (like I said wasn't the healthiest ..diet friendly day I "ate out" for each meal which is really unusual for me--i usually don't run errands when i'm working....must say i had a horrible work day thursday and was so frustrating..i think on friday I was trying to comfort my self a little bit-and i didn't follow the every 3 hrs eating thing at all)

Friday 6/30
breakfast --got busy with work and ran errand to bank so didn't eat until 10:15 am. went to Bojangles and took home to eat at computer and had a good "Southern breakfast.". I haven't had this big a breakfast in some time..

coffee with fat free cream and 1 sweet and low
1 cup grits, 1 tsp butter, 1 piece low fat cheese and 3 pieces bacon
1 scrambled egg
1 biscuit with sugar free syrup

lunch at 3pm ....ran another errand again and got lunch to eat at home at computer....pasta chicken ceasear salad from fazolies..which was a good choice and i eat very little salad dressing..but ate 3 breadsticks...
also 1/2 of a fat free,sugar free iced vanilla latte

dinner 8:30 pm...3 Krystal chiks sandwiches, small fry and diet coke
2 pieces of sugar free russel stovers candy

saturday :
breakfast: 1 boiled eggs, 1 slice low fat cheese, 1 pkg of healthy heart oatmeal with a tablespoon of raisins , coffee with fat free cream and sweet and low...

plan is to definitely have small popcorn, diet coke, 2 pieces sugar free candy at movie....otherwise lunch and dinner not exactly planned since i'm going out.

Last edited by moongoddessGA; 07-01-2006 at 09:27 AM.
moongoddessGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 10:11 AM   #2  

lately i have been eating alot of cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower, green beans and salads.i eat chicken and lean hamburger meat. i also eat lean cuisine, weight watchers meals or healthy choice. i drink limited diet soda, and diet green tea and water. when i have a sweet tooth i eat weight watchers ice cream or fat free cookies or pudding.
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 03:13 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Vegetables, Vegetables, Vegetables . . . I'm the queen of the big bowl of lettuce with onion, tomato, and cucumber thrown in and FF Italian dressing (1 carb gram/Tbsp).

The big salad (at least 4 cups worth) and a good size serving of fish, seafood, chicken, or soy-based fake hamburger is dinner almost every day.

Breakfast is usually an oatmeal/oatbran combo with fruit and skim milk.

Lunch is usually broth-based soup with beans and (you guessed it), veggies.

Snacks/desserts are usually SF/FF jello or SF/FF yogurt or more fruit with a blob of cool whip.

Have to own up to a small bag of Orville's Smart Pop probably once a day, lately. Other than that, I try to avoid breads, pastas, rice as much as possible. My BS levels do not react well to bread and other starches, no matter how whole grain they may be, although once or twice a week I will make a wrap with a whole wheat tortilla.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:30 AM   #4  

I follow Sugarbusters pretty closely. I do not eat any white flour, white sugar, white rice, or white potatoes. I do not eat corn, beets, pineapple or ripe bananas. I do eat whole grains, brown rice, and an occasional sweet potato. Sugarbusters is based on the glycemic index, and limits starchy carbs to three per day, and sugars per serving to three. It is similar to the second phase of South Beach, or WW CORE. It is a very healthy, easy to follow diet. So a usual breakfast for me is either two eggs, over easy and a piece of ww toast, with espresso, or perhaps a protein smoothie. Lunch might be a salad, or an open face sandwich, and dinner is usually a meat and two non-starchy vegetables. I do not snack much, as I also use the five rules in Byron Richards Mastering Leptin. I believe insulin problems and leptin problems are linked. Oh, and I drink lots of water, and work out a lot..like 10 or more times a week.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 228/188/150

Height: 5'8"

I am going to bump this because I like seeing what everyone else is doing also.

Here are a few of my favorite meals:

Breakfast: Flax meal pancake
Ingredients:
2 eggs 1.2g carbs, 156 calories
2 T Flax Meal 5g carbs, 70 calories
1/2 tsp baking powder
Mix and pour onto hot griddle sprayed with Pam.
Top with:
1/4 C Fat Free Ricotta cheese 5g carbs, 50 calories
2 T SF jelly 10g carbs, 20 calories

1 slice bacon 0.1g carbs, 43 calories

Lunch: Steamed Tilapia (asian style) served on a bed of Sweet Butter Lettuce
Steam together for about 15 minutes or until thick part of fish is flaky)
5 oz tilapia - steamed in a glass dish 0g carbs, 136 calories
1 stalked of celery 1g carbs, 6 calories
1/2 mushroom pieces 1g carbs, 8 calories
1 T chopped green onion .4g carbs, 2 calories
Sauce: (add before steaming)
1T Soy Sauce, 1 T Sherry, .5 tsp Sesame Oil 2.7g carbs, 49 calories
a shake of sesame seeds to top 0.2g carbs, 6 calories

Serve on a Bed of Sweet Butter Lettuce
2.5 C Sweet Butter lettuce 2g carbs, 10 calories
2 T Light Done Right Raspberry Dressing 4g carbs, 60 calories

Dinner: Roasted Chicken Breast
3 oz roasted chicken breast 0g carbs, 142 calories
2.5 C Sweet Butter lettuce 2g carbs, 10 calories
2 T Lite Raspberry Dressing 4g carbs, 60 calories
1/2 avacado 8g carbs, 145 calories
Asperagus (7 stalks) 3g carbs, 20 calories
I sprinkled both the avacado and asperagus with lemon juice
vikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 228/188/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Viki's Almond Encrusted Tilapia Fillets

Viki's Almond Encrusted Tilapia Fillets
(serves 2)

Ingredients:

2 4 oz tilapia fillets (or trout or any fish of your choice)
1 T Torani Sugar Free Almond Syrup
2 lg egg whites
1/2 cup almond flour
Salt and Pepper to taste

Orange Sauce: (Mix together in bowl and microwave for 1 minute, stir well)

1/4 cup SF Polaner Orange Marmelade
1 Pat (5 g) butter
1 T fresh parsley, finely chopped
a dash of red pepper flakes (optional)

Directions

Preheat Oven to 400°
Pre-spray iron skillet or baking dish with Pam.

1. Combine Almond Syrup and Egg Whites and Whip until stiff peaks.
I used a stick beater bouncing up and down gently to add air.

2. Gently fold in Almond flour until incorporated.

3. Rinse fresh fillet, then pat fillet dry and season with salt and pepper.

4. With spatula, coat one side of fillet with egg white mixture. Lay coated side down on skillet.

5. Top each fillet with more egg white mixture until fillet is totally encased with coating top and sides.

6. Bake 9 - 11 minutes until egg white mixture is starting to brown

7. Remove from oven and serve on a bed of butterhead lettuce dressed with Sugar Free Raspberry vinaigrette.

8. Spoon Orange Sauce on top of fillets and serve.
vikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:41 PM   #7  

Sounds good, Viki! Thanks for posting! I have almond meal...and totally forgot I did. Will have to try it on fish. I bet it would be good on Salmon....
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:09 AM   #8  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Featherweight Cheesecake

Good Morning . . . here is the recipe I mentioned in the daily thread . . . couldn't get it done last night because my internet connection decided to take a little vacation . . .

Now this is definitely NOT the rich, dry, New York style cheesecake that can run as high as 1000 calories a slice; but, for around 200 calories a serving it is light, refreshing, and almost sinfully delicious. It is also really easy and as variable as the many flavours of FF/SF jello can make it.

FEATHERWEIGHT CHEESECAKE - 8 servings

. . . 1/3 cup wafer cookie crumbs (graham, chocolate, vanilla)
Spray bottom of 8" springform pan; sprinkle bottom with crumbs and set aside
. . . 1 (4 serv. size) FF/SF jello (any flavour)
. . . 2/3 cup boiling water
In small bowl or measuring cup, dissolve jello in boiling water and let cool slightly.
. . . 16 oz light (reduced fat) cream cheese
With food processor or blender, combine jello and cream cheese until smooth.
. . . 1 litre container of Light Cool Whip, thawed
In large bowl, fold topping into cheese/jello mixture and combine thoroughly (but gently). Pour into springform pan and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
. . . 1 cup fruit or other garnish of choice
Just before serving, remove sides of pan and garnish as desired (preferably fresh fruit, but frozen or canned will work as long as it is well drained).

A few of my favourite combinations over the years . . . graham crumbs, lemon jello, blueberries . . . chocolate crumbs, cherry jello, cherries and shaved chocolate . . . vanilla crumbs, strawberry jello, strawberries.

Hope you'll give it a try.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote