Old 11-13-2006, 12:31 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 280/279/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwriter View Post
I got up at 4am today and came to my office as I didn't want to eat yet. I went down at 8 and all I had was a cup of coffee in those 4 hours. I got a surprise, I was 165. Maybe I'm not actice enough at night for it to be down in the morning.
Hi Oldwriter! I am a diabetic, and I know from experience that not eating can shoot your BG up, as contrary as that sounds. The doctor explained to me that your liver needs some food to act on, otherwise it sends your BG up too high in compensation. If you have a snack of something small, the liver won't put its own store of glucose in the bloodstream.

Now, knowing this and practicing it are two different things, of course! But if you are wondering why your BG may be high after fasting, this may be the reason.

~~Amaara
Amaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:43 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 280/275/150

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks everyone for the info-Yes, I take it too late. I have tried not to eat late and you may be right on about the BG.

I lost 2 more pounds.
oldwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:24 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 280/279/130

Congrats on the weight loss!

~~Amaara
Amaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:54 AM   #49  

Default Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I lost another pound!

I have been exercising more,

Numbers still a little high. Will keep trying. At least my weight is moving.

Have a blessed day!
Old 12-12-2006, 07:39 PM   #50  

Hi,

I've lost 2 more lbs.

Saw my new doctor. I am writing down my numbers and food.

I found my numbers are pretty good till I sleep. A few hours of sleep and they shoot up about 100. I wonder if my sleep problem needs reexamined.
I need a new matress and would like to try the new "no mask". Maybe it's time to see the sleep doc and see if my numbers improve.

Has anyone else delt with this? Thank you.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:55 AM   #51  

Hi Carol! I am sure I have sleep apnea...but I am dragging my feet about going for a sleep study. Throw in the usual hormone changes, and my sleep patterns really get bad! I woke up last night at 2, and finally just got up and cleaned in the kitchen. Laying there wide awake listening to my hubby snore was getting old! I wonder too, if my Byetta contributes to the sleep problems. Seems on nights I don't take it, I sleep better. ???
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:01 PM   #52  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi CAROL . . . . . . congratulations on the loss.

I know nothing about Byetta but I do know that sleep apnea is a definite plague of the type II diabetic because we tend to carry extra weight around our middles and that seems to make the propensity for sleep apnea worse.

Hey girl . . . why don't you come over and join us in the regular monthly chat thread . . . DIETING WITH DIABETES - DECEMBER . . .

Hope to see you soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 06:17 PM   #53  

Hi Monet and Meowee.

I talked to the new doc and wrote down everything. Even if I am 97 at bed time, in 3 hours it will jump 100 points. Will definately have a talk about the sleep study.
I eat more fat then recommended, but I eat good fats too. If I don't have some, My skin itches so bad and looks like it belongs on an alligator.

I reached my shot term goal, so hoping as I lose enough, the BS numbers will get better.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #54  

I have been using Byetta since January and have finally decided to watch what i eat and in doing so have lost 41lbs. My doctor gave me a choice of Losing weight and lowering my blood sugar on my own with with Byetta or doing the Gastric bypass surgery.i couldn't see having surgery to correct something i did to myself. Now both myself and my wife are eating healthier and planning to live a long life together.
Joesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 325/280/200 Started Feb 2, 09

Height: 5'5"

I am type 2 diabetic and Started on Byetta 5 pen in February 2009. I was on Actos 15mg 1x a day and Amaryl 1mg 1x a day before Byetta. I am currently taking Amaryl and Byetta and Metformin XR for my Diabetes. Dr. discontinuted the Actos because I was on it for 3 years and gained 60lbs from it. I retained water all the time. Since starting Byetta 10 Pen in February, I have lost 45lbs. I am able to wear my wedding rings after not being able to for 3 years. Swelling in my legs and arms has went away since being off ACTOS.
About Byetta. I was on the 5 pen for 30 days. Then I started the 10 pen. I did experience nausea every evening no matter what I ate. I kept it up though as Dr. told me it takes a while to get used to the meds. I went 3 months with sickness every evening. Here it is July 2009 and the sickness is gone. My glucose readings are wonderful. Only thing I am having problems with is the Morning Fasting Reading. It is still in the 140/150 range. Dr. told me to exercise in the evening 1 hour before betime and have a 15carb snack and that would help. WELL, that is wrong. Nothing seems to help. I am riding my stationary bike 10 miles a day for the past month and the fasting glucose is till higher then I want. Does anyone have any Suggestions as to what I can do? Dr. don't seem of any concern with the readings ...

Julie
BBWBUNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:07 PM   #56  

I am on Byetta
lost 10 lbs right away then nothing
they never told me what to eat while taking it
any suggestions?
Depuffing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:11 AM   #57  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to 3FC. You'll notice that the date for the last post on this thread is more than 18 months ago. We have very few Byetta users here.

Can you go back to the doctor who prescribed Byetta and get some food suggestions? Diabetics need to eat a healthy and balanced diet.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #58  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I agree with Ruth. We have found that low carb induction is not good with byetta, but that generally lowering carbs is helpful. DO you have a diabetic educator?
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:36 PM   #59  

i am not diabetic. i am on it for pcos, to help with weight loss.
why arent induction levels good?

Last edited by Depuffing; 01-31-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Depuffing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:58 PM   #60  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We assumed you were diabetic because you a re posting in the Diabetic Support part of the Forum. There is a PCOS section. Perhaps you can ask the question there. (If you are diabetic, a low carb diet can cause your BGL to go too low.)
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote