Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 05:26 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I tracked my food for today but had to guess about some things. DH and I split a Meatball Stromboli for dinner. I only ate the filling of meatballs and cheese, along with a salad. I really didn't know how to list that so I just put 9 meatballs and 4 oz cheese. It was a guess, because who knows how big the meatballs were compared to the ones listed on Fitday, and who knows how much cheese I actually had. In all, my day came out at 1646 calories and 47gm of carb. I am satisfied with that, as long as I don't eat any more today. I must admit I am still hungry. It might go away after a while.

I am a chocolate lover, and I'm wondering what kind of candy it was that your parents bought. Today when we were in Walmart I bought a single serve bag of M & M, on impulse at the check out. I'm ok as long as I don't open it. LOL It would have been a lot less expensive per ounce if I had bought a family size bag but we both know what would have happened, so when I eat this small bag, they will be gone.

Back when my step children still lived here we got a lot of kids for Halloween. I would buy the candy a couple weeks before and no one was allowed to open it before Halloween, and not allowed to eat any until after Trick or Treat was over. Now all the people in our neighborhood are senior citizens and their kids are grown and gone. We haven't had any kids for trick or treat for several years. But DH continues to buy candy "just in case." He already ate the first couple bags we bought. Now he bought 3 more bags today, and there's 10 more days until Halloween. Ha Ha I wonder if we will still have any left by then.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:49 PM   #482  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue We didn't have trick or treaters in Rock Hill either since there were not children in our neighborhood either. We have only have about 4 or 5 streets in hour area here, but there a mixture of families and a lot of them have kids so we will have a lot of them come for treats.

I made spaghetti today and the only way I knew to count it was to figure the calories from the serving size of each item. I may have figured more calories for what I ate but I would rather figure it high than too low.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:41 AM   #483  

Trish, that's how I felt about figuring the Stromboli yesterday. I figured 9 meatballs, but there were probably only about 6 in the half I ate, and I cut each one in half to make it bitesize, but I also would rather figure higher than lower.

My blood sugar this morning was 147. I'm so glad I don't get those 200s anymore. I don't know if I will ever get a normal FBG.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:40 PM   #484  

Carol Sue It is really great that neither of us or having 200 FBS readings any more. I suspect that my FBS is lower but I don't get up to check it earlier any more. I know it is up a little later because I haven't eaten yet. It seems so strange to me that by eating something that my bs comes down. Evidently that is how it is supposed to work since my S.C. doctor couldn't understand why certain foods that were supposed lower it didn't. Thank God, now it does.

My FBS was 160, but my it was down to 158 before breakfast. Strange thing is when I have just a cup of coffee that it comes down more, but I didn't take time for the coffee this morning because I got up late. I couldn't go meet DD, DS and DBIL for breakfast because battery is dead on the car. DH has it on the charger so we can go get another one this nafternoon when he gets up.

My weight was down some more this morning, but I am not going to worry to much about it during the week. The important thing is what it is on WI day. It fluctuates too much during the week.

You know since we are doing our "own plan", we make the rules. I do like a lot of the ideas I got from IE. I don't have to eat a whole serving of anything if I don't want it. I read one time that it is only the 1st few bites that really taste good any way. We have been conditioned to think we "have" to eat it all to be healthy. I don't buy it any more. I remember a doctor's appointment conversation with S.C. doc when I said "I eat healthy". He said, "Maybe you eat too much healthy food". I think that is true.

This morning I made 1/4 dry oatmeal, 1/3 c blueberries and microwaved it. I added 1/2 banana, 1/8 c Vanilla NF yogurt for flavor and I don't have to add any sweetener and .5 oz of walnuts. I scrambled 1 egg with 1/3 c Jimmy Dean crumbled Lowfat turkey sausage. It came 340 calories and 14 g countable carbs. I count full carbs; I don't subtract fiber. Low Carb for Dummies book didn't seem to subtract them so I don't either. I didn't know how many calories that would be. I just made it and then logged on MFP to post it after. I was amazed. More food than what I normally eat at Whataburger and much less calories and carbs. Not able to meet everyday this week because of other schedules we all have this week so I will be able to eat this way all week.

I also am trying something else I read. Sorry I don't remember where I read it, but I read we should start with protein and work towards the carbs. I also remember in a IE group I joined online one time where the lady said to start with your favorite foods first. I am thinking since people who have to get bs under control who eat less carbs that it would be wise to start with the protein and eat towards the carbs because we know that we need less of them in our bodies.

Sorry this is so long. I need to get busy so I will close wishing all of us a good day.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:22 PM   #485  

Trish, I know some people like to save their favorite foods for last, but if you do that, you will eat them even if you are not still hungry. But if you eat the favorites first, then you will stop when you are satisfied because you are willing to leave the foods that aren't a favorite. I am still a clean plater. That's a very hard habit for me to break. At home I try just putting a smaller amount on my plate but that sometimes backfires because I go back for seconds if it tastes good. I liked it last night because DH never would have finished that stromboli himself. He would have taken it home, but he doesn't eat leftovers, and guess who would have eaten it. He felt that we were being cheap by sharing instead of each ordering our own meal, but it worked out perfect. The food was gone, and neither of us was stuffed. Some of the restaurants in our area have small portions and are lower priced. I really like that.

DH wants tacos tonight. I could make them at home, but I think he just wants Taco Bell take out. It doesn't really matter to me.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:00 PM   #486  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi friends: but some miracle weight is doing ok, even though I am often off plan, but overall not overeating. I am exhausted. Trish, I really don't know how you got thru your move from another state. This downsizing is so hard. First time ever we have downsized, have always been going to bigger home. If we sell the cottage we will have to make a deal to sell it furnished. No way we could add more in here.
We have about 10 days before the other house closes. The young people said they may be interested in some stuff, so we will have them out at the end of the week, to tell us if they won't take what we are planning to leave so we have time to get it out. Which means to me that we need to have everything we are taking out of there by Friday! I did a lot yesterday, but am so sore and exhausted today. DD and I are just putting away what we brought last night.
Will have new internet hookups in a few days, and hope that it works well. We will finally have unlimited so we won't have to worry so much about overage charges.

I am easily getting all my exercise in every day.
Haven't been checking sugars at all. Hope you are all doing ok, haven't caught up on my reading of posts yet, so don't hesitate to let me know about things, I may not get back to all the old ones.

Hope you are able to get out and move, and stay healthy
Old 10-23-2017, 06:04 PM   #487  
Madeleine

Carol Sue, I just saw that you have reached Onederland!
Congratulations
Old 10-23-2017, 08:43 PM   #488  

fatmad There were so many times I wondered why we were moving and so hoped it would be worth it. We still have boxes unpacked and I have decided I'm going through all my old clothes and taking them to Goodwill or Salvation Army. I do have some clothes I wore when I had lost weight after DH and I married when I weighed 165 that I want to keep, but buying new clothes is fun so I will ditch the others.

I remember being so exhausted when all I wanted to do was fall into bed clothes and all. LOL I know how you feel with downsizing. Just so difficult to decide what to keep. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. I just bet your bs is doing great.

We got the battery replaced. DH gets them from Advanced Auto Parts and I guess they keep records because they showed the last battery we bought was in 2012. I told DH that could have been one for us or one for his DD or DGS as we replaced them for them when they lived with us and I'm not sure who got the last one. LOL

We stopped at Walmart to get DH meds and a few groceries. We stopped and got burgers to bring home. We go do DD meds tomorrow afternoon and will get something to bring home since we want to get home to watch the World Series tomorrow night. We haven't watched them since the Florida Marlins won the year we got married. Now that the Houston Astros are in it, we will have to watch them.

My carbs were a little high today, but I did manage to keep the calories under 1500. So not a failure.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:47 PM   #489  

Thanks, Mad. I am hoping to stay here! I was at 199.5 this morning, up .5 pound, but still Onederland all the same. I hope to continue a downward trend.

I don't think you have to worry about sugars right now since you are getting so much exercise while moving. Exercise seems to keep it down.

Hope the rest of the move goes well for you. That's great that you will have unlimited internet.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:26 PM   #490  
Madeleine

I got a lot done today and am feeling better about the move. Other than some books, there is nothing left to shoe-horn into the new townhouse.
My knees seem to be ok with the stairs, I have been doing some physiotherapy because the left knee is clicking a lot (probably torn cartilage, from an old injury) but I would like to delay/avoid surgery if possible, so working on keeping the knees healthy. After living in a bungalow with walkout basement, I didn't realize how many stairs there are in life when the bedroom isn't on the main floor. We will have to change things around a bit, and organize things to reduce the need to do the stairs too much.
Our autumn weather is here now with wind, rain and lower temperatures. We had a prolonged late summer, but thats done now. Hope you both are getting out and about where you are.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:22 PM   #491  

Mad, I have the clicky knee off and on, too. When I first started riding the recumbent bike it clicked with every bend of the knee, but that stopped after a while and it's much less often now. We live in a ranch house where the living quarters are all on one floor, but we have a basement, so I have to deal with stairs, and have to do stairs to get out or back in the house. We had the opportunity to buy a house all on one floor up the street a year or so ago but DH said no, so I have to continue to deal with the stairs. I don't know what will happen when I can no longer do them. Maybe a stair lift.

I'm glad you're wrapping things up. A new home is always exciting.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:33 AM   #492  
Madeleine

Carol Sue, as part of the deal of moving to the townhouse, we actually researched putting in a personal elevator.
This townhouse has stairs that won't take a chair lift (two turns) but if DD moves out eventually, we will likely put in an elevator if I need it.
It was not as expensive as I worried it would be, and is cheaper than moving again, not to mention easier on me. I just don't see how I can do it.
I know when DD moved from the house to the apartment, and then to assisted living, my sister and I did 90% of the packing, he just wasn't up to any of it.
So do think of an elevator if the knees get too bad.
On the flip side, they are better and clicking less with exercise, and that is true for me as well. I have to be mindful of how I place my feet etc. (I have to turn my foot out a bit, this helps my knee cap glide along the right path, and reduces friction in the knee according to my therapist) and step slowly.
In any case, there is lots of unpacking to do today. Have a lovely day
Old 10-25-2017, 11:16 AM   #493  

We are getting very close to 500 posts here, so I have started a new thread for the rest of the year.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diab...ml#post5336488
Closed Thread