Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 10:01 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I believe that you can control diabetes with diet and exercise, but never actually reverse it. The proof of this is one slip up and your blood sugar goes back up. Of course, you can call it reversed if you want to.

Trish, are you still taking your fluid pill? My doctor told me I was only to take the potassium if I took the water pill. No water pill, no potassium. I bought some Magnesium because of what some other ladies told me, but after reading the possible side effects I haven't taken it. I quit taking the Kelp I was taking too, even though it was helping with my pain. I am just so afraid of supplements, even though I know there are others who pop them like candy. I should just take what makes me feel better and let the chips fall where they may.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:58 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue Thanks. I am doing so much better today. I've taken these supplements before with my doctor's approval. The supplements and broth has helped a lot.

My fbs was 99 this morning and my bp was 105/55. If this keeps going like it is, I might be able to get rid of the meds (with docs blessing of course).
Old 07-29-2015, 05:37 PM   #93  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

Height: 5'4"

Was wondering if anyone has had an ultrasound of their liver done before. I have one scheduled for tomorrow because my liver function did not improve over the last three months. I've read online that the most common prognosis is fatty liver with treatment being weight loss. I hope that is all it might be.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:41 PM   #94  

Laifierr Welcome. No I've never had one. I don't know if anyone else here has or not. I hope everything goes well for you.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:29 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Laifier - I had one when I was first diagnosed with Type 2. I did indeed have fatty liver, but with my first 20-25 lbs of loss it was fine. Never been an issue since according to my quarterly blood work.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:16 AM   #96  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

All is going well for me right now yes the stress is terrible they had to put me back on blood pressure meds again because of it. Believe me this lady has gone crazy we told her that we were gonna be moving out by september 1st and she took it upon herself to pack all my pots and pans but she took my pots and frying pans and said they were hers we had a battle over that. She has been doing all this crazy things any more and then when you confront her in front of her daughter then she makes out like she dont know what you are talking about.
She told us about a month and half ago that we needed to move and in front of her daughter she said she never told us that. we will get in their as soon as we can I would like to be in their by the 18 cause my daughter starts school . Well got to run have to take my daughter to the eye Doctor. I will try to get back on here soon.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:49 AM   #97  

I did very well with food yesterday until bedtime when I had a snack. I think I felt that I deserved it after being good all day. I didn't need that snack, and I will try harder to resist it tonight.

Laifierr, welcome to the thread. I have never had an ultrasound, but my liver function has always been good on my bloodwork. I hope it is not a serious matter and one you can correct with weight loss.

Butterfly, sometimes when people get older they become mean and irritable like that. Who knows why. I hope I never get that way. I agree that it's best if you all get out of there.

Hi Laurie! Always good to have to stop in here.

Trish, I am still having my bathroom issues. I don't think it's from something I'm eating because I eat different things every day. I am going to skip my Metformin for a while and see if things improve. Yesterday, it was so bad that I took an Immodium, so I should be ok today. I never had this until they switched that Metformin.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-30-2015 at 07:53 AM.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:01 AM   #98  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Trish, Laurie, and Carol Sue for your responses. I am working on the weight loss, so hopefully my next set of tests show better improvements. I go in in about 4 hours so I'll post back later if they give me any results.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:28 AM   #99  

Trish, I'm glad you're being careful, checking with your doctor about the supplements. Magnesium is known to lower blood pressure and also to relieve constipation. I could use the lowering of blood pressure but definately not the relieving constipation! LOL

This morning I didn't have eggs. Actually, we're running out so I need to go to the store. I waited until 11 o'clock and ate some leftover meat loaf with sliced tomatoes for lunch. I usually give my leftover meatloaf to my step-daughter but there wasn't a lot, and now I'm glad I kept it. It was a nice change.

Laiflierr, I hope your test goes well and you don't have to wait long for results. The waiting can be agonizing. Let us know!
Old 07-30-2015, 09:55 PM   #100  

Carol Sue I didn't know that magnesium lowers blood pressure. I do know there is magnesium in nuts and since I do eat them (not CALP), I don't think I need to take the CALP. Some one on the other lowcarb site gave me a link to Tips and Ticks by Dr. Eades. I really think that drinking more water, adding salt and also using coconut oil will help me a lot so I don't think I'll purchase any more magnesium. I think eating the nuts will give me enough.

My bp was 100/55. My Daddy has problems with his bp going too low and his sister had the same problem. I don't want that kind of problem.

Laifierr I hope you got good news from your test. I guess my liver is ok too because doc never said anything about it.

Today was an off day. We went shopping and stopped at Golden Coral to eat while out. I got lots of veggies but didn't stay OP so just counting this as a planned off day. Back OP tomorrow.

DH fixed my computer and we got Windows 10 free so he put it on my pc. I do have to say that I'm not having typing problems I used to have. But this is so different from my windows 7 that I'm having to learn it all over. Now I have to go find all my main sites I frequent and put them in. I like to have never found how to bookmark things. I've saved some thing in something called "live" but have no idea where it is.

Catch y'all tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:33 PM   #101  

We keep getting offers for Windows 10 but I am so used to 7 that I'm afraid to switch. I am even putting off buying a new PC because that would give me Windows 8 and I'm not sure I want that either. Sometimes when you get a new Windows, your printers don't work with it and you have to get new printers. We recently bought a new printer and it says it's good for Windows 8 but not Windows 10. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

I heard that if you go to the hospital with high blood pressure, they will give you magnesium to bring it down quickly. I bought some to try to bring my BP down but I'm afraid to use it after reading about it. I will have to try it sometime when I know I'm going to be home in case it gives me bathroom problems. I was OK today but I took that Immodium yesterday and no Metformin today. We are out and about a lot on weekends so I won't take it over the weekend. Can't risk that.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:58 AM   #102  

Carol Sue I understand about changing windows. I am having a time learning how to get around. Had to go to places I go regularly put passwords in again. A good thing I keep a list of them. And I even had to change the password on one of my sites because it never would accept the one I had. I don't know if I had changed it and didn't write it down or what.

I actually didn't take the magnesium last night and my bp is still 100/59 this morning even with my eating off yesterday. That with the Metformin seems to work like a stool softener for me and I don't need that either. Especially when I actually pigged out on the veggies at Golden Coral. And my weight was the same and my early fbs reading was better than yesterday. I take 2 fbs readings... one when I get up before I drink anything and then just before I break my fast and eat. I was so thrilled last night when I went to bed and realized that even though I had made yesterday a carby day, it had not triggered me to go on a binge and I stayed within an IF window of 5 or 6 hrs. So it really worked out good. I remember when deceased Hubby's Mother worked for a diet doctor in CA that he put his patients on a low carb diet for 6 days and then one day a week they were allowed to eat whatever they wanted. She said it worked great for them. But I'm thinking the IF is what saved me yesterday.

Fairly lazy day today. I'm going to finish up seeing what I need to do on this pc and I also need to do some house work. Not easy to do when you want to sleep. I did find some chicken boullion cubes that are not low sodium so made a pot of that to drink this morning. I may be losing my taste for coffee, but can't stand the headache that comes from coming off of it. Will try making it half decaf today.

Edit to add: I've done 3 days of exercise this week. With this new way of eating, I notice that I am sleeping like a log at night.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 07-31-2015 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:13 AM   #103  

Morning everyone
My company is gone. I did fine eating wise with them here. This morning I couldn't face eggs again this morning so I had toast with peanut butter....1 St time trying it...big mistake. My bg was highest it's been since before I started meds. I have had toast and bread before so I'm thinking it was the peanut butter...I didn't check the sugars in it. Rest of the day will be very low carbs.
I did lose another pound this week
Tomorrow is another family barbecue.....I will get thru it food wise.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:07 AM   #104  

p.a. bread gets me every time. DH brought breakfast from McDonald's this morning. I ate the eggs and sausage but not the biscuit or the hash browns. The biscuit will go out for the birds, and I'm hoping that DH will eat the hash browns so they aren't here calling me. I am not craving them, but I have a tendency to eat something just because it's in front of me.

Trish, you are doing well. If low BP is in your family, you might have it as well. That's unfortunate, but I think it can be controlled.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:28 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

P.A. - If you know the toast/bread isn't what would make your bs spike, then I do not think the pb would kick it up that high as you describe, even with sugars in it unless you used a tremendous amount. I wonder if you might not have had a bit of something on your fingwr (food particles) that caused it. Do you wash your hands again and retest when you get an unusual and surprising number? It is always a good idea to do that to validate outlier numbers.
Closed Thread