Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue I only got 3 right. Guess I don't know a lot about coffee. Looks like I need to be drinking instant coffee instead of 1/2 and 1/2 coffee. But I never liked the taste. Will never drink the civet coffee. Yucky!!!

Not much going on here. Things are about the same.

Have a good day Everybody!!!
Old 12-15-2014, 02:28 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Not much new here either, Trish. I baked some more cookies this morning. One I had to try since it was something different from what I usually make. Peanut butter with a Reese Peanut Butter Cup inside. It was good, but too sugary for me.

I'm making stuffed peppers for dinner tonight. I love them, and it's something DH will eat. He's doing pretty much whatever I want him to do because he appreciates the cookie baking. Only happens once a year. LOL

Then this evening we have to go back out to Walmart to get the things we forgot yesterday. I should never shop without a list. I hate to go back.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 12-15-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:41 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

Someone here mentioned that the ReliOn meters are consistent, but they may test a little high. There's supposed to be a glucose solution you can use to test your monitor. Does anyone know exactly what that's called or where I can find it? I had a bottle I'd never opened, I've lost it, and now I can't find anything like that in the pharmacies near me. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?
Old 12-15-2014, 07:03 PM   #49  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Well yesterday was my weigh in and I am down to 220 from 222.4. So i am happy there

I also found a deal online where I got a discount card from the manufacturer of my medicine so that I only had to pay $15 instead of $80. So yay.

I am not doing the best at my diet, I am doing good though. I am eating less and paying attention to my hunger but not eating the best healthy wise. But I am tracking my food and forming actions on how to improve my meals so that is good.

The best thing is that I am feeling really positive. I hope everyone else is doing well

TheSecondHalf that is a good question. I am curious as well.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:40 PM   #50  

I ordered my control solution online. This one is for Relion Confirm, not Prime, but the solution might be the same.

http://www.relion.com/control_solution_request/6

Another option is to call customer service at (800)631-0076.

OR, if Shannon is reading, she might have the correct website for ordering Prime solution. She is the one who gave it to me.

Shannon!!! Where are you???

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 12-15-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:36 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Thank you! I kept searching with the world "fluid" instead of "solution" and apparently that makes a big difference!
Old 12-16-2014, 09:43 AM   #52  
300+ Chick

Hiya all...

Just checking in ...and sharing ny sugar is now normal...this morning reading is 91 from 130s.!! I am good and fasting..it's helping.

Have a great day all !!
Old 12-16-2014, 10:19 AM   #53  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSecondHalf View Post
Thank you! I kept searching with the world "fluid" instead of "solution" and apparently that makes a big difference!
There should be a number or website in your package insert with strips, the solution is free. I like to take my meter when I have my blood drawn and either right after or right before my draw I go in the bathroom and test on my meter and write it down, then when my lab results come back I compare so that I have an idea of how far off the two are.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:33 AM   #54  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post

Shannon!!! Where are you???
I am alive just still in the thick of things. This is the last week of preschool then two weeks off and absolutely no plans other than Christmas Eve and Day and my husband will also be off the day after. I still need to wrap gifts and have a few small things to buy but mostly I am done bc our families are not doing gifts this year. We are still waiting to receive a few of Olivia's Santa gifts but they have shipped.

My friend's visit went well on Friday. I got my house picked up enough that I felt ok having her over. She got Olivia and I matching pajamas! Fun! She also got me a house warming gift....a gift certificate to this lady who makes amazing wooden door decor. I have been trying to win one from her since I moved! I am very excited to order a couple pieces from her. At my old house you really couldn't even see my door bc we were on a slab and our driveway was directly in front of the door but now I have a totally visible door so I have been enjoying decorating it. We are in a cul de sac and probably no one but my neighbors see it but it makes me happy to see my door!

Tomorrow I am meeting with the preschool director to talk to her about some of the things Olivia has been saying about preschool and her aggressive behavior when she "plays preschool" at home. I also ordered some essential oils that have been successful with children for sleep abd for "calming" and they should be here soon. I have been reading a book on The Explosive Child and I joined an online group for moms with kids having anxiety. Trying to get to the root of what is going on over here. I will take her to a professional if we don't see improvement in the coming months but I don't really want to jump to that without trying things at home first.

I had my aunt who is a nurse look at my finger this weekend and she thinks either I cut the tendon (nothing can be done) or the tendon is tight and I need to not baby it as much so I have just been forcing myself to use it more though it is painful/uncomfortable so we will see.

Still not back on plan over here and gaining weight. Not overly concerned bc I just have too much on my plate right now. Definitely getting back to it in Jan though. I did do some meal prep this weekend to help with the frequent eating out though.

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 12-16-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:21 PM   #55  

Well, it sounds like you're getting things under control, Shannon. I hope you can get to the bottom of Olivia's behavior. It could be so many things, or even a combination of things. My step-son and daughter-in-law went through similar issues with my grandson when he was in preschool. The first week of kindergarten was bad, and then somehow his behavior changed. It seems like he just matured a a bit. It is significant that she is showing agressive behavior when she plays preschool. I will be curious as to what they say about that.

Glad to hear about the drop in FBS Liliann. Good job!
Old 12-17-2014, 07:07 PM   #56  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

My FBS yesterday was only 117 and today my BS predinner was 104! I was feeling alittle lightheaded as I'm used to higher numbers. But this is really good my numbers are coming down nicely. If I keep working at it I should be where I need to be in no time.

Liliann congrats on your low BS numbers as well
Old 12-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

A quick flyby. I'm doing fine with IE/IF. My fbs was 107 today and still not taking Metformin. I'll check back in tomorrow.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:52 AM   #58  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hi everyone! to all the newbie out here. I have been so busy here lately I have been fighting with my insurance because they dont want to pay for the MRI on my knee. Plus with Christmas around the corner I have been so busy. I hope this finds everyone doing well . As I sit here waiting on Walmart to text me telling me that my meds are filled The hubby is out side mowing all the leaves up so it is pretty quite here right now.
I went to the Dr yesterday and I have lost another 4 pounds so that is 104 pounds I am feeling so much better I have been waking up at 6 am every morning and I go to bed about 11pm I find I have so much enery now. The Doctor took me off my cholesterol meds so i am only on the diabetic meds and the neuropthy meds. But that's cool. I have been able to drop 3 meds since I have started this diet. I went to 307.5 to 203.5 and I was in a very tight 28 now I am in a 18 witch is loose around the waste but because of my stomach i cant go down to a 16 yet. But I will. I guess I better be getting ready to go get my meds so I can get back here and get some stuff done around here.. If I don't get back here I hope all you guys have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays with your family's!
Old 12-18-2014, 08:11 PM   #59  
300+ Chick

Butterfly....Hi..bravo on your loss!!!congratulations on losing !!

Trish and everyone else that is doing low carb way of eating...am with you.I can not eat Carbs...too. my sugar readings today is back up at 108 ......my goal to remain at 99 or 90 .

A few months back my medical doctor told me to avoid ...breads,rolls,pasta,rice and potatoes.now am finally going to take her advice. I go see her end of January.

I will keep in touch...Thank you all..
Old 12-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #60  

Good to see you Bonnie! I am so proud of you for what you have accomplished with your weight loss and your health. You are a inspiration to us all.

Happy Holidays to you and your family, too!
Closed Thread