Old 10-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #1  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Default I will NEVER AGAIN Eat ....

I am done eating foods that trick me into thinking I can stay healthy and still " enjoy or indulge".
I will never again eat cookies, chips, ice cream, salad dressing with added sugar. Jams or jellies. Potatoes , white rice, honey roated nuts, chocolate, condensed tomatoe soup, tofurkey sausages, bbq sause made with sugar...

I will never eat those specaialty made fiber bars which are traps to get me eating hidden sugar again.
Sugar is my enemy.
lucindaarrowspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Well, it seems to have worked for you!

For me, well, I'm not sure what works. I feel like I might get really hung-up and obsessive about foods I forbid myself. But maybe not; I don't think I've ever forbid myself anything like that.

Anyway, great job making goal and I'm cheering you on to maintain it!

-Fai
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Fai, I have found that the longer I stay away from those foods the less I crave them, to the point that I can be around them and not be tempted.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #4  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I think sugar is my problem too ~ I wish I was as strong as you Lucinda.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:44 PM   #5  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Grains and sugar are definitely my problem areas.
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:07 PM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

This doesn't work for me.

I once had a mental list but life happens and I just broke it.

Everything on my list I have had, just very rarely. Pizza. Ice cream. Chocolates. Cake.

The trick is to just avoid forming bad habits. Which means pizza like twice a year. Not every week.

Never say never.

Last edited by IanG; 10-09-2014 at 05:09 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 05:25 PM   #7  
Nutritionally Obsessed

S/C/G: 130/118/under 120

Height: 5'5"

I agree with you and do the same 95% of the time, not never, but rare. If I have cake, it's a few times a year, same with pizza or anything else. Once or twice a month I'll get a cone from McDonald's which has 170 calories, or my husband and I will share a shake once in a while. If you have grilled chicken and vegetables, with no rice or potatoes, I can't see the harm of BBQ sauce on the side.

The way you look at things also helps. I look at a bagel or any breads in the same way I look at a donut or cake- equally as bad. Both the bread and donut will rapidly convert to a spike in blood sugar.
JenFZ09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

There are some people who are like alcoholics. They cannot have that forbidden food just one time, because it turns into a binge. For example, I used to bake home made bread, but I don't dare do it now. Give me a loaf of home baked bread and a stick of butter and it's gone! Another is Hershey's kisses. I used to buy them saying they were for my grandson when he comes over. I've even had DH hide them from me. Now when I know my GS is coming I will buy one candy bar to have there for him. I envy those who can buy a bag of snack size Milky Way Bars and eat one of them with lunch each day. That's control, and some people don't have it.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/244/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Fai, I have found that the longer I stay away from those foods the less I crave them, to the point that I can be around them and not be tempted.
I am still waiting for this to happen
caringtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/170/130

Height: 5'4"

I did once avoid sugar for about 6 months and lost weight..but then I had one cookie and that led to bingeing and regaining the weight. Still trying to find the right balance that won't lead to a re-bound at some point.
Mission2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:08 PM   #11  
Queen of the Manatees!

S/C/G: 304/263/125

I have a cheat day once a week. I eat a burger and onion rings and a medium dairy queen blizzard. or I eat Taco bell. Or I eat burger king. One meal and dessert. That's it. It keeps me from cheating the rest of the week knowing I have a special treat to look forward to if I'm good. The extra calories keeps me out of starvation mode and the most I've ever gained was a pound that I dropped the very next day. If I deprive myself totally, I'll go bonkers and eventually break down and stuff everything I can get into my mouth at once. Nobody wants that.
Elyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:55 AM   #12  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

wow you are amazing. I agree with a treat or cheat weekly, but I would have a hard time not bingeing after that. I am quite carb sensitive and its difficult not to keep eating carbs once I start.
Good for you
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 199.2/180/140.0

I feel your pain but after a few weeks I was able to get out of my obsessive food phase and just say no. I will admit that once a week I have 1 girl scout cookie, Samoans are surprisingly low in carbs(18 carbs per 2 cookies) just to fill the small hole. It satisfies me and I only it those once a week when I noticed my blood sugar has lowered and I lost some weight. I have made it like a reward than a need.

I am on a very low carb diet, Meats, Fish, Eggs, Salads and Montery Jack Cheese(0 carbs) and this has been working for me. Lost 9lbs so far since June 24th and my Blood Sugar now ranges between 80 and 100 when it was 195.

What I am saying is you can do it!
Vanessa44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:38 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

I will never again eat an entire pint of ice cream in a sitting...you never feel good afterwards, and even though there is some sort of chick-flick rule that you can eat a pint of ice cream if you are heartbroken, that is really not going to help you except to make you feel even physically worse!
HaveDogWillDiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 157/155/140

Height: 5'6"

What dedication to be able to decide you won't eat something that's bad for you. I don't have a gall bladder and have acid reflux, sensitivities (dairy and wheat make me break into a rash so I use antihistamines daily), prediabetic and a picky eater to boot but as soon as I say I'm never going to eat xyz again it's all I crave.

I don't take meds for the diabetic portion of my troubles, I just try really hard to follow the glycemic index but that is hit and miss some days depending on if I'm eating out or at home.

Because of some of the ailments listed I can't eat ice cream or sugar, anything fatty and that does help.

My big thing is I like my wine / sprite zero with vodka or rum. I'd love to say I'll never touch those calorie ladden glasses of heaven again. But I don't imagine that is ever go to happen.

I have joined a calorie counting website (my step daughter lost 70 lbs by recording what she eats) and it's an eye opener.

Good luck everyone
wantochange is offline   Reply With Quote