Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 10:34 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Donna Love the pic. You are looking good. I wondered if I could use my bullet to mix the ACV drink. .I will try it next time. Sure would mix the ginger powder into it better. I think my A1c is going to be a 7 this time. The sad this is that it was 6.2 at my last visit. I'm just going to tell my doc that I knew it was afraid it was going to go up and be that way if he didn't let me have the glimepiride during my trip. Now I feel like I'm back at square one again.

Carol Sue That is interesting about the PS, because my sister has had it for years and she was thin. I guess there is always that one exception. I get rashes but not PS. I've about decided from the way it clears up when I do a strict low carb that it is caused by wheat products.

My 1st FBS before exercise was 157 and after the exercise which turns out to be between 15 to 20 minutes workout with warm up and 1 circuit as she calls it was 140. So I believe that was good. FBS would be better if I hadn't been too lazy to cook last night. I ended up eating too many carbs and it showed up with a rash last night and today because it was a lot of wheat. Had a note from DH this morning when I got up telling me not to overdo the exercise... he doesn't want me to pull anything. But I am careful only doing the warm up and 1 circuit. There are 3 circuits on this dvd that I will eventually do, but I will only do the 1 until I get better at it and able to do the positions better. I'm not setting any time goals, but just listening to my body to tell me when I'm ready to go to 2. I really feel good after doing what I'm doing. I may add my bike again tomorrow or next week. I plan to do the kettlebell exercise at least 4 to 5 days a week Mon-Friday and haven't decided whether I will do more than 3 days on the bike yet. That would give me a good 40 to 45 min exercise at least 3 days a week and I know from past experience that doing that much exercise really pulls the FBS down quickly. That is how I overcame this and got it under control about 20 yrs ago. I thought it was nice that DH wrote in his note that he was proud of me having the guts to even try this. Made me feel empowered. LOL

I've about decided that I need to buy some Atkins dinners and put them in the freezer for those times when I don't want to cook something just for me. Then I will not not have any more mistakes like last night. As they say, if you don't prepare to succeed, you are prepared to fail. So I'm going to have to make better plans to succeed.

Well, busy day today. Lots of walking which will be a good plus to my exercise.

Y'all have a nice weekend Chickies.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:48 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I was dx'd with Type 2 with an A1c of 7. I should be happy that I've maintained it but I just wish it had gone down. At my last appt the labs also said I had protein in my urine. We are retesting that too. In addition I have high blood pressure (its fine when I'm medicated) and gout (the meds changed my life) so they said it is metabolic syndrome ie bad genes.

I thought it was time to change the picture, new hair and all that
Old 07-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #213  

Height: 5'7"

I found low carb crunchy taco shells tonight. I am in love. La Taria brand. Thin and crisp. Good corn flavor and only 40 calories and 4gm of carbs. I am already planning on fixing up some chicken for next wk lunches. Oh and gluten free.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:29 PM   #214  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Took the first load of boxes I have packed to the new town and rented a storage unit. Tomorrow is the home inspection and I will be able to check out everything in detail to prepare for the move since the sellers will not be there. Our appraisal came back fine, all the loan paperwork is complete by the bank and ready for closing. Things are moving along.... Still trying to get back on track but it's getting better.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:29 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Shannon, things are definately moving fast for you! Are the owners already moved out? I was at a disadvantage when we bought this house because we moved in within hours of the owners moving out. When our truck arrived I was still at the old house, so I never got to see our house empty. Luckily the former owners were very clean and we didn't have any problems with that. It was move-in ready. We had no choice about that because we had already sold our old house and we needed to get out. Hope the inspection goes well and there are no surprises.

Donna, my recent lab work showed protein in the urine too but he said it was very small amounts. I think that has something to do with the low carb diet. An increase in water consumption should take care of that.

What meds do you take for gout, if you don't mind my asking. My brother-in-law and son-in-law both have gout.

Dgramie, where did you find those low carb taco shells? I saw some, but they weren't the ones I was looking for. I have to keep in mind that DH will be eating them too so they have to be something he will eat. Picky eater. I will look for that brand. I don't really care about the gluten. I don't think I am gluten sensitive.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:32 AM   #216  

Carol sue - I found the shells at food giant.
Hubby seems to have protein in his urine only when his a1c is above 7. His dr says it's caused by uncontrolled blood sugar. He is working hard to make sure it stays gone. He was put in lisinpril (low dose blood pressure pill) to protect his kidneys and lower protein. He doesn't need it for high blood pressure.

Heading out to walmart and lunch out. I will eat lite. My stomach is so much better since eating lite. Fbs was 94 today. I am pretty excited to see lower numbers.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #217  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Just wanted to update.

I'm doing well. With all of the movement I get in daily and eating only what I pack for lunch during the day and eating a lite dinner before bed my fbs has been between 95-108. Twice this week it was under 100. I was shocked and oh so happy.

Take care everyone
Old 07-26-2014, 09:58 PM   #218  
~Shannon

Carol Sue the owners have not moved out and in fact they haven't packed a single box! They make me nervous closing is scheduled for Aug 11 and our movers come Aug 16 so we do have time to clean, etc....thank God! The home inspection went well but it was very awkward bc the sellers said they would be gone but the wife was at home the entire 3 hrs sitting in the main living area. The inspector found a few things but mostly it is in good shape which I expected since it's only 8 yrs old. I felt uncomfortable but took most of the measurements I needed in the rooms.

Rennie, sounds like the new job is really helping your BS levels! We miss hearing from you! We need to plan our "date" before I move

We were up super early to get to the home inspection at 8:30, were there til 11:30, dropped off at the storage unit, stopped for lunch then got back on the road to home. Got home and had just enough time to shower before Olivia's rescheduled birthday party this afternoon. That turned out really good. Still not on track, soon hopefully....not going to meet my July goal...nope, not happening, lol.

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 07-26-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:21 AM   #219  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

I have been having a bad week and surprise it turned out to be PMS because TOM showed up lol. I have PCOS so it was a surprise. I guess my meds (metformin helps with pcos too) + diet & exercise are working so yay. But it has thrown me for a loop. Mad cravings for all things I should not be eating. I think I did better then I could have but not great. I am still struggling, I feel like I have to constantly remind myself that this does not equal a free pass to eat whatever I want.

My FBS was 128 this morning but I woke up feeling jittery and shaky. IDK why. My DH suggested I just eat right away anyways.

Yesterday though I was out shopping and felt dizzy & light headed I knew my BS must be low. Tested as soon as I got home and it was 101! My lowest so far. And low enough compared to my norm to make me feel hypo.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 07-27-2014, 10:02 AM   #220  

Rennie, glad that you found a job and your eating is going so good for you. YAY on the blood sugars! We do miss you though. Come back and see us when you can.

Moonkissed, I was getting a lot of hypo symptoms while I was lowering my blood sugar too. It's just your body reacting to the change. My blood sugars have been up lately and I don't know why. I am probably getting lazy with my meals selections and sneaking some carbs in without realizing it. I'm not sleeping well, and many times that's caused by my BS being too high. I get nervous when my BS goes below 100. I keep thinking I'm going to have a low.

Shannon, sounds like things are going well. I'm wondering if the seller was afraid to have all of you in her house when she wasn't there. I'm like that...very territorial when it comes to my home.

Olivia sure has a lot of birthday parties! LOL Is she going to feel strange living in another house?

Dgranie, Food Giant is not in our area. La Taria must be only in your area because I could not even find any information by googling. I might be looking in the wrong section of the store. I will have to start looking in the Gluten-Free section. I know I saw them in the dairy case years ago. Mexican food is not a big thing in our area so the selections in the stores are few.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-27-2014 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #221  
~Shannon

Carol Sue yesterday was Olivia's only 4 yr bday party. We had to cancel it a month ago when she got strep, this was the reschedule. The other parties have been for other kids' bdays! There have been 3 in the past couple weeks. I don't think we have anymore til after we move and she has new friends. She is excited about moving but I imagine once we actually move she will have a period of transition that might be rough.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:37 AM   #222  

Shannon, I didn't mean that these were all Olivia's birthday parties, I meant she had a lot of parties to attend! LOL I should have added that to my sentence before. When we moved into this house the kids were in LA visiting their mother. We always said that we sent the kids on vacation and while they were gone, we moved away, but they found us. LOL It really helped not having them around on moving day. They were older (preteen) and really missed their old friends, but as soon as school started back they made new ones.

I wonder where Trish is. Did she mention going away?

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-28-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:23 PM   #223  

Carol Sue I'm still here. Having a difficult time getting control. I always start out good and end up screwing up at lunch time. Weight is up which may mostly be water weight, but I hate it. I took one of DH glimiperides last night. Woke up feeling crappy so decided to get up and check fbs and it was 77. Felt terrible all morning. Checked bs before lunch because I felt so bad (I've been starting out with AI each day). BS was 87. So I ate carbs (crackers) for lunch. 3 hrs later bs was 177 and even tonight I still feel crappy. I'm sure some of the feelings may have even been more like what is called the Atkins flu, but my bs was so low for me because of the glimiperide and it wasn't getting any better and it kind of scared me.

I'm back OP tonight. Guess you could say that this ended up being a CAD day, but I still consider it a failure day because I was going for modified Atkins day. And I failed at that. Hopefully after a good nights sleep, i will feel better and I will try to do more of an Atkins woe again tomorrow.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:32 AM   #224  

Good Morning, Chickies,

Still not up to par, but feeling better than yesterday. I've decided that although I'm back where I started with weight too high and fbs back up to 145 this morning that I would rather do this slower without the meds like glimiperide. I just don't care for the quick low effect. So will work at getting back to eating healthier and exercise. Didn't feel like exercising yesterday and not sure about today. But will get back to it.

I am back to counting calories because I am going to keep the fruit in my way of eating. Also will have occasional grains but not often. I'll work at not having them regularly. I guess I am going more Primal/low carb.

Hope everyone has a good day food wise including me.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:35 AM   #225  

Trish, I would not take the glimiperide at night because you could get a low while you're asleep and not know it. Sometimes, I only take a half. 77 isn't dangerously low, but it also scares me. My bs has been bad lately and I'm also gaining weight. I'm not happy right now. My psoriasis is itchy as all heck and my hands hurt. I'm falling apart. When I had my bowel surgery the surgeon told my husband that he didn't think I was going to make it and right now I wish I hadn't. Don't panic. I'm not going to do anything stupid. Just not in a very good frame of mind right now. I think I need to have a little talk with the guy upstairs.
Closed Thread