3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Dieting with Obstacles > Diabetes Support

May Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 08:19 AM   #226
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Bulletproof coffee.... I am on a low carb eating group on FB (I resisted being in a group on this new family only acct for a long time but was desperate for new recipes). Alot of folks on there drink them....for the oils they say start with a tsp and work up to a tbsp. supposed to be quality coffee, grassfed butter and medium chain trigylceride oil (which coconut oil mostly is) plus sweetener if desired and heavy whipping cream if desired, blend til frothy. They say it is not oily when blended well and benefit is its good quality fats that keep you full longer. I haven't tried it yet. They sell grassfed butter (Kerrygold brand) at Costco and Trader Joes here (maybe Whole Foods, I haven't checked), need to get that first.

Start 3/25/14
Mini goals #1: Onederland! -MET! 4/11 #2: 10% loss = 189.8 -MET! 5/20 #3: Pre-pregnancy weight (173)

My blog: http://shannonssliceoflife.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Shannonsnail : 05-31-2014 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:32 AM   #227
love to be a lower weight

S/C/G: HW 220/SW 197.2/ticker/GW 132

Height: 5'3

Thanks Carol Sue I miss you all too ... and I try to read this thread especially because you all really help me with this illness. It's just the post are so long sometimes it's hard to keep up, but do keep posting them (I still have to read page 14 ) another lazy thing with me reading With regards to worrying about your husband, you'll never stop worrying and someone has to I told you my husband is the same way, chips, cookies, bread, ice cream, for him anything quick. He doesn't cook, and won't look in the fridge to heat up left overs but will eat them if I heat it up and bring it to him. I told him that I think he's borderline diabetic but he won't listen but he'll find out when he goes to the doctor. Whenever that will be. I think putting in my coffee would be gross also because it would be grease floating which would make me gag every time I looked in the cup so it would be wasted. But I could put it in a smoothie for sure like Kris does. I don't know why I never walked after my meals either other than just lazy. When I was told to do it, I had gestational diabetes and I get so heavy while pregnant I don't want to do anything especially with swollen ankles. Oh well we live and we prayerfully learn

Shannon let me know when you try it. I just comment about seeing the grease floating so that may help, but heavy whipping cream sounds like something not so good for us. Let me know please. How are you feeling today? Scale number like Carol Sue and I said should be great

Well thank goodness for treadmills and 8 full hours of sleep. for me!!! Y'all know I started May 1 @ 159.8. I had a really rough time staying OP this month but thanks to a few tips from some really good friends here and on MFP I got it together these last few days. It was really water weight with all of the ups and downs. I am ending today May 31 at 160.6 only a .8 gain for the month and my fbs this morning was 98. I have not seen it that low EVER. (actually I did when I was on insulin while pregnant with the last two children) but not after being diagnosed with type II in 2011. What a blessing. I am very very happy.

Take it 1 day, 1 sec, 1 min, 1 thought, 1 breath at a time. Learn from yesterday, don't think about tomorrow, just do the best you can today//I'm not where I want to be, but I am sure not where I used to be!//Don't let a bad meal turn into a bad day, a bad day turn into a bad week, a bad week turn into giving up, As long as you get back on track
Old 06-01-2014, 11:26 AM   #228
Struggling Dieter

June Chat

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.