Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #76  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default hello again

Sorry to be away for a while again. Once again, DH has the internet turbo hub thats left of the cottage, and I have been too busy to be at the office much to get online from here.

I had an epiphany last week as I was listening to the radio.
http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/1483524
It was actually on CBC "the Current" but this probably helps. For some reason, seeing my issues as an addiction, like smoking or alcoholism, is helpful.
I have pretty much managed to cut all grains out now. Losing 7 pounds in a week is exceptional of course, but I feel quite clean and lean now. I don't know if I can keep it up, but the attitude is helpful to me.
The next thing is to increase exercise to keep me in tone etc. I have NOT been sleeping well, even before returning to being on call, and work stuff has not helped this. So exercise has been put on the back burner oddly, even though it would likely help the sleep issue. So I hope to get walking soon.

Haven't had time yet today to go over the posts since I was last on, will do that later today.
Have a good day friends
Old 09-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Ruthie Sorry about the fall. So glad your daughter has been their to take care of you. Hope you are feeling better. I really do try to be careful not to fall. I feel off balance sometimes with my back which would improve loads if I got at least 20 - 25 lbs off. I keep a cane in my car and one in the house just in case I need it. As we get older, we have to be more and more careful.

Bonnie So glad you are able to exercise. I haven't used my Richard Simmons dvd in a long time. I just may have to get it out and try it sometime.

Jennie Great on the weight loss and the 2 days OP. Feels good doesn't it.

Carol Sue Tried a recipe I found on line for cornmeal mush. Let me just say that I will be taking the time to make regular cornbread next from now on. In fact,I bought a couple of boxes of Jiffy cornbread.

Fatmad I'm having to exercise at least 5 days a week and may go to 6 because it keeps my knees and hip joints from hurting. The other big pay off is that it seems to be helping me get a good nights sleep as well. Maybe when you get your exercise going again, you will be able to get a good night sleep too.

Well, I am just eating regular food, foods that I want and counting calories. I am not only enjoying what I'm doing, but my fbs and weight is finally coming down together. FBS was 154 this morning and ticker is almost correct again. Crazy isn't it; as much as I didn't want to count calorie, carbs or points or anything any more, I am finding that counting calories is working for me. And I'm not doing the CAD/CALP thing either. It seems that my system has changed and low carb doesn't work for me any more. It just takes learning what works for each of us individually.

Hope everyone is having a really nice day.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #78  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Madeleine, my boss has been talking about food being and addiction for the last two weeks. I never thought about it as an addiction either and having someone tell you about your addiction face to face is unexplainable. It's hard to hear/listen to. Great job on cutting out all grains, that is a true victory. How long has it been since you've had grains? I have cut my carbs down but not totally out. I don't know that I could ever do it on my own so to you

Thanks Trish and yes it does I'm so trying to continue to be good. I just started back to using MFP on the 23rd so keeping accountable number-wise definitely works. Glad your fbs is lowering, I wish mine would. I tested my bs at 3:27 this morning it was 181, then when I got up at 6:45 it was 217. So I'm still trying to get a balance.

Got up this morning to another lb down. Weigh in 186 so happy but my calories haven't been the 1300 that MFP is saying I should eat but I'm satisfied so that's what matters to me. I'm keeping my protein up and my carbs down though not what I call low carb. (NSV- Had a tummy ache this morning at work. I was given a roll of crackers Ritz type crackers and I took out 5 then sealed the package back) me. I would normally eat half of the pack or all of them.

Last edited by love2b150; 09-25-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #79  
~Rennie

Ladies 185.8 this morning down only .2 but it's 185, I'm excited to see that number after 3 years.

and I think I may have figured out how to lower my fbs with this metformin. I had been getting up in the middle of the night taking my bs and it was in the 100's, well last night I took my bs and it was 164, I took the metformin at that time also, got up to a fbs of 173. Not great but better than 273. I still have some figuring out to do but this is a start. I need to get back on the diabetesforums, they helped me a lot before.

Well I hope you all have a great day
Old 09-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #80  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Well looks like the motivation I had slipped right out the window. I don't know what happened . Well kinda know I was feeling bad Tuesday like the meds for my knee had my down and then Wednesday I woke up with a headache and so that was a no go to.
I was so ready for this I need to get back into things I am so tired of the way I look it making me feel kinda depressed . Been sitting here listening to music for the last 2 hours and jest feeling deeper sorrow for myself . My mind jest isn't with me right now. Man do I need to get it toeather...
Old 09-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #81  

Rennie Great anytime scale moves down. CONGRATULATIONS.

Bonnie I know how you feel, but hang in there. Take things as you can. Don't worry about what you can't do. You have to give the knee (joints) have their time to heal. The exercise will come again. I've had to ease back into the exercise and y'all know it has taken me an extremely long time to do it, however, this week I have fiiiaaannnaaallly done 4 days in a row. My plan is to do 5 days... not sure I will do it tomorrow as DH has to go to the doctor and we always go to Costco and have to walk around at least 30 to 45 minutes while waiting for meds to be filled. The thing that gets me using my bike is it keeps my knees and hip joint not hurt. Hopefully given time, you will be able to experience the same. But you have to go with how your knee feels and work around it.

Grandson came by to get his check that came in the mail and I gave him the protein powder that I got from Walmart. From what he told me I was getting too much protein and it was causing me to gain weight... it was back up today. So I won't be using it and hope I can get the weight back down by my weigh in day Monday. The good thing is that my FBS was 148.

Just have to keep working at it and NEVER GIVE UP.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #82  
~Rennie

Bonnie, I am with you on being tired of the way I look. I feel like I have a little control and then I lose control and I don't know why. We will get it together, we just have to have patience with ourselves. It's the only thing I can think of now is to be patient and take each day at a time.

Thanks Trish, everytime I think I've got a little something figured out I mess up. I can't do right obviously not even for the life of me. It's sad. When I first got back on 3FC I think I exercised maybe 3-5 days and I haven't done it since. I know just 20-30 minutes will do good but I have no motivation nor desire to do it. I've got to do better.

the scale was up .6 to 186.4 and my fbs was 236. I forgot to take my met and it showed.

Last edited by love2b150; 09-28-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #83  

Rennie I think that must be part of the process. I remember going through that too where I just couldn't make myself do what I needed to do. It was really frustrating to do everything I thought was right and then nothing went right. So I definitely understand and I still have to just MAKE MYSELF do what I know I need to do sometimes. We have to remember the alternatives if we don't. I don't want to become an invalid and I don't want to go through the diabetic complications so I keep trying everyday. I absolutely refuse to give up. Taking it ONE DAY AT A TIME is all we can do.

Y'all have a good weekend.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #84  
Madeleine

Well DH is home, which is great, I really missed him. Talked with him about food addiction, and he gets it a bit, as he has difficulties with alcohol, being a binge drinker. He says he is willing to work with me on this. We will see, in the past he gives up and makes spaghetti whenever he doesn't know what to make, and doesn't make an option for me or make a salad to go with it. I was able to stick to my eating plan while he was away.
Last night we had a family gathering supper, and DSIL had pizza and salads. I knew I couldn't eat the pizza, so brought some meat for myself, and ate lots of salad. There was fruit salad and cookies and skor bar barres for dessert though, and I did have 2 ginger snaps and a small barre with my fruit salad. I stopped then and didn't beat myself up, and have stuck to plan today, although the cravings were big. Have been re-reading the stuff on blood sugar 101 about carb binges to keep myself going.
I have been a bit more active, though work has been stressful and busy.
Today was quieter, so will go to bed early.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #85  
~Rennie

Trish thank you for your kind words, they mean a lot. I need someone here that understands the way you all do. I really wish I had someone that I could be accountable to when I want to do/know I'm going to do the wrong thing. I know a journal won't help because it can't say to me "NO I'M SERIOUS THAT IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU DON'T EAT IT" ... My Dad the man that raised me died of throat cancer, he flat out refused to stop smoking" I loved him with all of my heart and it was easy for me to quit smoking. I met my paternal father, I found out his father died after his second amputation (diabetic), he and his mother are both diabetic and always sick. I don't really know them but I know I don't want to be like them but I can't control myself. What gives????

Madeleine, not that it's funny but I also make spaghetti when I don't know what to make for dinner (now thanks to 3FC) I make Dreamfields pasta for me and only one serving Good job at dinner last evening

My book finally came in, The First Year: Type 2 Diabetes, I haven't opened it (read it) yet. I got it off Amazon used. The person that had it before me made a ton of notes in it so I'll have to highlight what jumps out at me. Blood sugar 101 is that a site/thread/book? I'm needing all of the help I can get.

Blood sugar 221 this morning. I felt a little light headed around noon so I took my bs then, it was 205. I had only had a shake for breakfast. Please know that I appreciate any and ALL advise, because I so need it. Thank you ALL.

Well I hope you all had a great day and rest well, good night

Last edited by love2b150; 09-28-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #86  
Madeleine

Hi everyone: I have been able to stick to plan. On Saturday I worked really hard to stick to it, which was incredibly hard.
In addition to having a couple of cookies on Friday night, we had a very stressful and difficult day at work. None the less I am still on plan, and doing ok.
Right now though, I have a really nasty cold. I can't get cough syrup with codeine that is sugar free. I did get some nice sugar free cough drops. I also think cold tablets affect my sugars. I am not taking any today and am taking a sick day, but the cough is bad, and I will need something tonight. I am not sleeping well because of the cough.
And of course, being sick is affecting my exercise. I plan to do some gentle warm yoga here at home later today.
I am hoping to be below 180 for good after the weekend, or sooner.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #87  
~Rennie

I hope it's ok ... I set up th October thread

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diab...ml#post4853464

Mad I responded to the cough drop comment on the October thread Hope you feel better soon

Last edited by love2b150; 10-02-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Closed Thread