Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicCajun View Post
Got a phone call from my doctor yesterday I am on the lowest dose of Metformin and I only take it in the morning but now she wants me to take it at night also. My fbs is not off the charts with the average being 130-150, but that is higher than it should be, so hopefully with the weight coming off this will be only temporary, hopefully one day I will no longer have to support CVS!! Have a blessed day. Tammy
Tammy, most people start on a low dose and increase gradually. That helps you to handle the side effects better. With diet and exercise, losing weight, we will all be able to stop the meds someday!
Old 09-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #17  

I didn't exercise today because DH was gone most of the day and after my injury, I didn't want to exercise without him here in case something happened. He didn't eat breakfast, then his brother called and wanted him to help with his truck. He came back home at noon, but just to get a tool and then was off again. I knew he was going to be starving when he got home, so I made some pasta sauce and had it ready when he finally came home and just cooked some pasta to go with it. I am not really upset about eating the pasta, because it was planned. I rarely eat it, but I'm not going to worry about it today. The only other thing I ate today was my eggs, tomatoes and fruit, and I will not eat again until tomorrow. It's all good.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Tried eating breakfast with toast, this morning. I won't do it again because it didn't work for me. The one thing I liked about Atkins was breakfast with eggs and bacon. I will be keeping that. I ended up eating another starchy meal at my main meal which is what I will be doing from now own. I did check my calories on MFP.com and I am good with the calories and amazingly, I am also extremely good with my carbs. I think I will be watching the calories etc on MFP.com for a while just for the fun of it.

Carol Sue So glad you didn't hurt yourself really bad. I'm not actually using the Hellers' new book except to learn what stress can do. That has helped me loads. While I do enjoy eating one starchy meal a day around 2 or 3 in the afternoon, I have no desire to eat a big starchy type of breakfast especially before 9 am which is what I heard the book the Hellers' researched said to do. I would do it if I thought it was necessary, but it just doesn't work for me. If I eat the low carb breakfast like I ate when doing Atkins and a balanced meal with starchy carb around 2 or 3, it seems to satisfy me so that I don't have to eat any more meals after. I can eat a small low carb snack or a few nuts around 7 or 8 and be finished until the next day around 11 am or noon. Never thought of it until today, but that works out to be a perfect IF/IE combination. And it is so easy, it feels like eating normal not dieting.

Tammy I take 1000 mg a day. I think that is what they usually want us to take. Some take the max which is 2000 mg. My doctor has never told me to take more than the 1000 mg. He told me I could if I wanted too when I asked me, but I couldn't handle the leg cramp side effects so I went back to 1000 mg once a day. I think this is normal.

Ruthie Good to see. Sorry you were feeling bad. I agree with Carol, I wouldn't worry about the Goldfish crackers. I sure hope you are feeling better today. Come on girlie, go get your blood work done. You'll be glad you did and it will help you get back on plan. It's time to stop beating yourself up. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Bonnie, Fatmad and Rennie Hope y'all are having a good day.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

This is silly but part of the reason I am stalling on the bloodwork is that I really need my coffee in the morning. I also seem to have something I need to do every morning. Maybe I'll see if I can just do a drop-in to the clinic and at least get the HA1C. FBGL is running OK but the doc does want cholesterol checked and that has to be fasting. *Sigh*

Been trying to keep lower carb with limited success, e.g. Goldfish the other night. I did have a yummy veggie soup yesterday with some shredded cheese but just did not feel like making a stir fry last night so ended up having chicken and gravy on a ww roll. Taking a friend out for her birthday dinner tonight and she has chosen Chinese! I'll need to flex my resistance muscle.

So weight is pretty much stuck. I definitely need to change my wardrobe plans for the wedding on the 14th.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #20  

Trish I take 850mg 3 x day. That is the max. 2550mg.. I had some 500mg left over so I take them at bedrime instead of the 8$0 so I am taking a little less. I didn't want to waste them.

I try not to eat any starchy carbs buti will eat them sometimes like last night with the pasta. On tues when my only carbs were veggies .my sugar was 164 which is good for me. It has been ashigh as 200 . The only time I have carb at bereakfast is if we go out and ihave toast or oaatmeal. I used to buy low carb bread but I stopped. Small changes gradually instead of trying to do it cold turkey.

Ruth I am delaying my a1c because mylast one was high. It is also hard for me not tohave coffee. I actually gave it up for a while and was caffeine free for a year or so but went back when I didn't see an improvement in my health. I would like to try again but with winter coming it would be hard.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #21  

I have to have my coffee in the morning as well. This is how I handle the situation. I have one of those carry cups that will keep my coffee hot. I make my bloodwork appt early so that I can get it done early. Example appt next time is at 8:50 am. I will make the coffee and take it with me in the that cup so that when I get back in the car after the blood draw, I can drink my coffee on the way back home. It works out fine. Maybe that would work for y'all.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #22  
Come on Spring!

My scale is dead and I am not in mourning! It's the battery but I may just let her RIP for a while.

The problem with fasting bloodwork is that I need to drive on the highway for over 1/2 hour to get the bloodwork done. I do not like that when I have a low FBGL and am also dealing with the morning commuter traffic.

Had to take Donna our for dinner last night - a belated birthday celebration. Unfortunately she chose a new Chinese buffet. Unless one eats just salad, it's very difficult to eat on plan in a Chinese restaurant. I'm quite happy not to weigh this morning.

Off to a meeting this morning and taking a Greek salad for lunch - more salt from the feta and olives but ...
Old 09-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #23  

Ruth - So you get a low FBGL sometimes? I never do, even when I eat well and exercise. One day last week I ate no carbs all day except for veggies and was excited to see 164 the next morning. That would not be good while driving in rush hour traffic.

I used to love Chinese but DH didn't. Finally, I got him to go to the Chinese Buffet and he did find some things that he would eat. We went there twice, and then I lost interest in Chinese food. I have no idea why. The thing I liked the most was they had a huge grilled salmon, and you just broke off a piece the size you wanted. It was so delicious, I might be able to go back, just for the salmon.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #24  

Well, this morning I was amazed to see 230.4 on my scales. Forgot to check FBS so will do that tomorrow. Won't change the ticker until tomorrow or Sunday. I am so close to finally getting out of the 230s. I can't remember when was the last time I was in the 220s. I am just so thankful to have found what works for me. It has been too long coming.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #25  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

just a fly by to say hello, I haven't forgotten you all! DH had the internet hub at the cottage until THursday, and I only had internet at the office, and just didn't wanna hang out at the office after work just to be online etc.
Have been more active but still not on target with diet. Time for some butt kicking I am afraid.
WIll be back soon.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #26  
Come on Spring!

Now today would have been a good day to go for bloodwork. I was 5.2 (93.6), a little higher than usual, but the labs are closed Saturday! I've no idea what I weigh but will put a battery into the scale and weigh tomorrow.

I made a meatloaf for dinner last night which was not great so didn't eat much. I go to the theatre this afternoon but turned down my friend Barb's suggestion that we go for lunch first. I'm still feeling guilty about the Chinese buffet on Thursday and am trying for a controlled food weekend. Dinner tonight will be a skewer of shrimp and veggies, some green beans and some sweet potato fries.

I have been more active lately with garden cleanup and house purging but have not made it back to the gym. I doubt that it will be this coming week or the next because I have something happening every morning. If I don't do it first thing, I doesn't happen.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #27  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattygirl63 View Post
Well, this morning I was amazed to see 230.4 on my scales. Forgot to check FBS so will do that tomorrow. Won't change the ticker until tomorrow or Sunday. I am so close to finally getting out of the 230s. I can't remember when was the last time I was in the 220s. I am just so thankful to have found what works for me. It has been too long coming.
That is great news! Good for you!!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #28  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Hubby and I are each down by 1.5 lbs! So very excited, been too many years with the scale showing the same numbers. His foot is giving him trouble so instead of walking this morning we worked out with weights. Have a blessed day. Tammy
Old 09-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #29  

Well, I was up a couple of lbs this morning, but I'm sure was salt in the cheese I had last night. I got hungry and just didn't want to cook anything so grabbed a couple slices of cheese and celery and ate that. I just can't eat sliced cheese (lowfat) at night time. We will go to Wal-mart tomorrow after we go eat after church and I will pick up some better snack food for when I need it in the evening. I'm sure I will see the 230 or less some time this next week. I am still down 1.4 lbs this week so that isn't bad.

Tammy CONGRATULATIONS on yours and DH 1.5 loss. Hope his foot is better soon.

Carol Sue, Fatmad, Bonnie and Ruthie

Have a nice weekend guys.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #30  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey ladies well sorry for being MIA for a while. Had lots of stuff going on here. My daughter and her hubby Left for Illinois for 4 months he is going their to do some work at a hunting club. Then My son decided that he and his girl friend of a year or so wasn't working so he moved back home. on top of all that I am still dealing with all these knee problems. They finally shot it up with cortisone and something it seems to be doing better but my foot keeps swollen up they think its the baker cyst. I hope things get better so tired of all the pain .
Aunt is doing ok her blood is a little low but they wont do anything until her Hemoglobin is a 8 or under then she has to get blood. So needless to say I have been so busy going and going I took off from PT till the swollen feet and legs get better. Hope to get back into the swing of things soon although dr was talking to me about getting a knee replacement. Will see Hope all is doing good.
Closed Thread