Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue - I went through those feelings of not wanting to get on scales or check fbs. I remember reading a book when first diagnosed that this is part of the process diabetics go through. The main thing is to get on "A Plan" that you can live with. Interesting you mention that you have to have some carbs. I've learned that I have to have some carbs too. My problem is that I haven't found the "right" amount for me yet. Some days I hit it just right and some days I don't. I hope that eventually it will balance out.

Ruthie and Madeleine - I am sorry y'all are struggling so. I remember going through that a yr or so back myself. I had a very difficult time to getting to place that I even cared sometimes. It is a hard place to be. It was as if I was my own worse enemy and my body was no help. I hope you can find your way soon.

Ruthie - The guy who used to do my blood draw couldn't always get it; he had to go to my hand. (ouch). He left and the new girl got it the 1st try. I also bruise easy either way.

Granny - Welcome. I am losing slow. I did lose another lb this week and I am so thankful for the 1 lb as I went for so long losing nothing. I do so hope to get out of the 230s before I go back to the doctor in August. Don't know if I will or not as some weeks I only lose .2 of a lb so will see how it goes. It is slower than I would like, but as long as the scale moves down at all, I am happy. CONGRATULATIONS on breaking your stall.

Well, I am still eating what I want and only as much as is needed to satisfy me. Still doing IE/IF combo and it is paying off in the fact that now that I have no "off limit" foods and am free to eat anything, I have no cravings. Foods I used to crave because I missed them because I couldn't have them on a diet, I have no desire for them. In fact, my food desires have become minimal. Since I don't count calories, carbs etc, I do weigh daily and I average weekly and subtract from the week before. This is the way that the Heller's teach carbohydrate addict's to do WI and it has really been great for me because you see those small losses even a .2 lb loss. I think I personally need to see those little .1, .2 losses psychologically. If I didn't see those, I would be tempted to give up. But with this method, I get excited about the smallest weight loss. It is working for me for now and hope it will continue. And I so hope y'all will be able find your way as well.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Trish and Granny - I have always heard it said that slow weight loss stays off better than fast weight loss, and I believe it's true. Especially if you are not actually eliminating any foods from your diet.

My husband is losing weight. He will not say that he's trying, but I notice things that he's doing. He's lost about 20 lbs.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I finally got on the scale this morning. I only ate about 1100 calories yesterday and didn't eat anything after 4PM because I fell asleep. I don't know how high I had gone because I wasn't getting on the scale, but this morning I was only 1 pound over my previous recorded weight. So now I will get back to my regular weighing. Now to work on that darn FBG.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #34  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hello Ladies

Bonnie

I'm back and I hope this time I will still around. I took my FBS this morning for the first time in a very long time. It was 183 and I was shocked but it wasn't in the 200's so that's a start. From January 2012 to current my life has just been one interesting whatever you would like to call it. My high weight for June is 197.6. I started June at 194.0. This morning thanks to a cabbage soup eating plan today being day 6 I weighed in at 189.6. I have never been so happy to see that 8 because I have been in the 190's for a long time now. I am so glad you ALL are still here. Now I need to look up the recipe thread so I can stay focused and prayerfully stay in the 180's ... but only for awhile

Has the new thread for July been started yet?
Old 07-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #35  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

back, Rennie. I am about to close this June Thread and start the one for July. See you there.
Closed Thread