Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Madeliene It so nice that your DD is there and taking care of y'all. Making wonderful memories. I'm sure you will miss her when she leaves.

Bonnie I am so sorry you are going through so much. After going through all I did when DH kids lived with us, I was concerned about you moving in with your Aunt. However, I did have hopes it would work out good for you. At this point, I don't believe the kids meant to take advantage of us. I think Hubby's DD needed us and sometimes people just get in a situation they can't handle. I hope I'm wrong but I think her DH just isn't a good worker/provider and she needed to be able to have a better paying job since she will always have to carry the bulk of their financial needs etc. I suspect that your Aunt has the same type of problems with her DD and her boyfriend. As for you DH and the things that he says, I'm sure he is just frustrated. It has to be difficult for him to see how things are for you and him not being able to do anything about it. I do pray that somehow things will turn around for y'all. I agree with Carol, be sure to try to take a few minutes for yourself. Even a few minutes for yourself will help.

Carol Sue So sorry you had such a bad experience with the kale and fish. It is terrible to get so sick and not know which one made you ill. Glad you are getting over it.

Eating has kind of settled into a routine. No major plan basically still more of an IE/IF. But it seems to be working so that is all that counts. DH has therapy 2x a week to strengthen both neck and back and I go in and watch. I'm doing the exercises at home myself trying to strengthen my neck and back. Also watched another therapist working with a woman about my size and learning some other things I can do as well.

Hope everyone is doing okay.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #17  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Aunt went threw surgery this morning and they said that she came threw it wonderful and that she did great that they will be putting her in a room instead of ICU . They also said in the right now at this point they have not detected any cancer. This is good Will let you all know when I hear more.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bonnie I'm glad to hear your Aunt's surgery went well. Maybe she will have a good recovery and not need you so much. You definately need a break as you are taking care of everyone these days.

Glad to hear that everyone else is doing well.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #19  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi all: just a quick hello. Haven't been sleeping well, and got exhausted and have been going to be early. Like, right now, I am going to bed. 9 pm. so silly, but am soooo tired. Hope all going well for everyone.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:50 AM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Been MIA a lot this month which means I've been feeling guilty about poor food choices and avoiding testing FBGL. Gotta get a grip. Weight has been blipping up and down - 191 this morning.

Bonnie, glad your Aunt did well with her surgery and nothing "nasty" showed up. When she gets home, stick up fr yourself.

Carole Sue, just the thought of kale and fish makes my tummy churn! I know I should eat fish more often and frequently put it in my cart when shopping. Then I put it back on the freezer shelf. I just cant face it.

Patty, good idea to watch your DH's exercises. You are right to strengthen your own back and neck. Sounds like you are doing fine with your current diet plan.

Mad, I know how you feel some evenings. (I find myself dozing off watching TV - I'm a Judge Judy addict.) If it weren't for the dogs, I'd be in bed by 8 but they need an evening potty run.

It's Friday and another week is gone. Life is way too busy lately with Mill and Town Hall staffing problems Delta Fair stuff gearing up and flowers to do for a July 6 wedding. Let's not mention that very little is planted in my veggie garden. I'll just keep plugging along but am going to take a serious look at my life - when I find the time. Am also going to take the month of August OFF!

TGIF, Chickies!
Old 06-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #21  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Jest wanted to stop by aunt is doing well. They got her up today to walk she only walked 15 feet but they are starting small. I am doing well . I am getting in a zone to kick some fat . I cant wait to get back into some of the clothes that I cant fit into and in the process teach my daughter how to kick some fat too she has some clothes that she wants to fit into too. Well I better run I have lots of things to do before the hubby and daughter gets back. I am enjoying my quiet time!!
Old 06-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I'm wondering if 3fc is having internet problems. I can't always get connected here and sometimes I get a warning from McAfee that it isn't safe. Thought I was never going to get it to switch to this window to post.
So I do come by and read whether I am able to write or not.

Bonnie Good news about your Aunt. I sure hope that now that she knows there isn't anything serious that she will become easier to live with.

Ruthie I went through that a while back myself. Now that I'm doing things the way I am, I am doing well. I'm not losing as fast as I probably could, but slow is okay now because I feel normal. Other than being tired a lot, I feel better doing the exercise I do. It's nice to have my DH feeling better as well.

Madeliene I have learned that I have to get at least 8 hrs of sleep a night and no I seem to need a nap every evening even with the 8 hrs. I don't want to believe it is my age, but it could be. LOL Even after almost 8 hrs sleep last night and a short nap this afternoon, I am tired and sleepy and it is only 8:50. I'm taking potassium now that I'm on a mild fluid pill but I'm still tired. Not sure what is going on. Hope we both can get our energy back soon. Have you noticed if it effects your fbs? I think I'm finding that if I don't get my 8 hrs sleep that my fbs is a little higher.

As I said, my weight loss is slow. I had a 3.8 loss this weeks which makes a 4 week total loss of 6.2. I am pleased that it is going down even if it is slow.

Carol Sue Hi

Hope we have a great week.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:38 AM   #23  

Ruth, I love fish and eat it all the time. I am really blaming my upset stomach on the kale because that is something I never ate before and I might not have prepared it right, or it might have had some type of bacteria on it. You hear a lot of that on the news about tainted produce. Before I met my husband I only ate fish and chicken, not beef or pork. They are still not on my list of favorites, but if I make them for my husband I eat them rather than cook something else for myself. Even when we go to the local steak house restaurant I order chicken. LOL I don't cook fish much at home because I don't want to stink up the house. But sometimes I will put a piece of salmon on the grill. Yummy.

My weight is really up right now. I have not changed my ticker because I don't want to accept it. I want to get right back down to where I was and go from there. My DIL was here yesterday and she looks so thin! She told me she was up to 217 when she was pregnant and only lost 30 lbs after giving birth. That was 4 1/2 years ago. I think she's around 130 now. She did Weight Watchers and is now a lifetime member. She watches diligently.

Bonnie - Hope your aunt makes a speedy recovery! Good for you and your daughter on getting back into those smaller clothes.

Trish - You seem to be doing well. A slow loss is best because it stays off.

Mad - I go to be often at 9 PM. I still have trouble staying asleep. 7 hours of deep sleep is what my body requires to feel good, but I rarely get that anymore.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #24  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi all: I am sure I am avoiding coming here because I am not doing well. I am in denial and not eating very well. Or rather, I eat well for a while, then mini-binge on stuff I shouldn't have. I am not happy with myself.
I really don't want to change how I eat, (I know how you feel Trish) I want the carbs and the sugar. Even though they make me feel crappy.
SO I am having ISSUES I guess. Not sure where to go with that.
In addition, I am having some arthritis in my fingers. My left middle finger has grown these nodes at the top joint, and is quite tender. I also have smaller, not so painful nodes on the right hand. Doc ordered xrays, and parafin treatments. My blood work is normal, so it is probably osteoarthritis, not rheumatoid. But my hands are my living. This is also affecting gardening, as is this constant tiredness.
Whine whine whine. I am boring myself to death here.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #25  
Come on Spring!

Mad, I could have written your post. It sucks to get older but, when you examine the alternatives ...

At the moment I have no idea about my HA1C but I did finally make a bloodwork appointment for tomorrow. My morning readings are a tad high (when I test!) and I suspect it's from the med change replacing glyburide with glycazide. The glyb was giving me early morning lows which probably kept the HA1C low. I have also not been careful with eating and drinking and have killed my ticker. (190 again this morning!)

My hands are suffering from Uncle Arthur but it's my legs that bug me the most. Not only the sore knees but a hammer toe on each foot that really cramp my style. The chiropodist made me toe spacers six months ago but there is no improvement so I am probably going to have surgery - maybe they can do the knee and one toe at the same time. Anyhow it's quite uncomfortable in most shoes and is making me very crabby. This is one of the reasons I'm taking a break from the gym.

To quote Mad "Whine whine whine. I am boring myself to death here."

We now resume regular programming.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 242/210/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattygirl63 View Post
I'm wondering if 3fc is having internet problems. I can't always get connected here and sometimes I get a warning from McAfee that it isn't safe. Thought I was never going to get it to switch to this window to post.

As I said, my weight loss is slow. I had a 3.8 loss this weeks which makes a 4 week total loss of 6.2. I am pleased that it is going down even if it is slow.
Pattygirl, I had the same problem this week, was wondering if 3FC was going to be blocked forever for me. But the next day it was fine, after a day of warning me on computer AND phone about malware and blocking me.

Your slow weight loss is way faster than mine. I've been stuck for the last two weeks with only one lb. lost. Hard to stay motivated when I feel so tired, am hungry, and not losing too. But I'm determined to power through and stick to it, I don't want to give up what I've gained and I don't want to go back. So I tell myself slow is good and I will start losing again. I lost quickly at first, now not so much. Get my sugar checked next week and the report from the dr. the following. Definitely going to report a lack of energy on the low-carb plan.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #27  

Well, Trish and Granny, you are both doing better than I am. My weight has gone up. Because of this I have quit weighing. Ignorance is bliss, they say. I also resolved the problem of my high FBG. Quit testing. These are just temporary. I know I have to do these things for my health, but right now I'm taking a break for a few days.

I think I found out what is wrong with my belly. It is called diastasis recti...my abdominal muscles are separating. I did not get diagnosed by a doctor, but I did some research online. It is usually caused by pregnancy, but in my case, it is caused by them cutting through my abdominal muscles twice for my surgeries, and then weight gain on top of that. It has actually pulled my naval over to the left, about an inch from where it should be and the left side of my belly protrudes further than the right. Surgery to repair it is not covered by medical insurance except in very rare cases when it causes medical problems. It is considered cosmetic. It might resolve by losing my belly fat (well duh!) and they wouldn't even do the surgery without the loss of belly fat. So either way, I'm going to have this unless I lose weight. Hello! Don't I know this is the problem all along? I should have been more careful about gaining the weight in the first place, as my abdominal muscles weren't prepared for this so close after surgery. I'm glad it isn't anything life threatening, but I'd rather not have it.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #28  
Come on Spring!

Just checking in. Went for bloodwork and the darned new nurse could not get a sample. I have "rolling veins" and after several stabs she gave me a requisition to get it done at the lab. I also have two black and blue arms. Grrr! I will get there when I get there as I'm heading into a really busy two-weeks.

I have not been on the scale for a few days and know I'm heading for trouble. Strawberries are great but not if you add sugar to them. I want to get some into the freezer and had better do it fast. This week I am really going to focus on lower carb meals and try to ignore the berries.

How goes the battle for the rest of us?
Old 06-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 242/210/120

Height: 5'5"

Finally broke up my second 10 for 20 lbs. in 7 weeks! Had to be very very patient, as I was stalled for more than two weeks, then suddenly, lost this last three in three days. So, back in the game! Wearing heels today and an pants with a button and zipper. Feeling really good about my plan today.

Also, had my blood drawn this morning so will find out next week how my sugar and cholesterol are looking after 7 low-carb weeks. It's a short period, in the big picture of my diabetes, but I'm hoping for some motivating and validating news there too.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #30  

Granny - Many people feel fatigue when first starting out on the low-carb plan. I have a hard time with it, and I end up eating a small amount of carb to combat it. I probably shouldn't do that because I know if you stick it out, your body will get used to it.

Ruth, I also have rolling veins plus very few of them are any good for drawing blood because they are small. It's terrible when I'm in the hospital and they have to draw blood every day.

I hope both you and Granny get good results from your bloodwork.
Closed Thread