Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #46  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Trish, there is a guy in England who has a book called the "fast diet" which is having 2 days a week where the person only takes in 600-800 calories in the day.
I don't know what effect these have on blood sugar in the short term, but any weight loss helps us in the long term. My question is with just 2 meals a day, are folks getting some severe lows, or rebound eating too much, and then getting highs? I think the meals still have to be planned to ensure a reasonable number of calories and appropriate foods. I for one am really bad about rebound eating and unplanned eating. Today I ate a bunch of mini chocolate bars in my Dad's place, because I was in the car during lunch time and was hungry and there was no food in the house. SO there I was out of control again.
Good luck folks with the IF
Old 05-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmad View Post
Trish, there is a guy in England who has a book called the "fast diet" which is having 2 days a week where the person only takes in 600-800 calories in the day.
I don't know what effect these have on blood sugar in the short term, but any weight loss helps us in the long term. My question is with just 2 meals a day, are folks getting some severe lows, or rebound eating too much, and then getting highs? I think the meals still have to be planned to ensure a reasonable number of calories and appropriate foods. I for one am really bad about rebound eating and unplanned eating. Today I ate a bunch of mini chocolate bars in my Dad's place, because I was in the car during lunch time and was hungry and there was no food in the house. SO there I was out of control again.
Good luck folks with the IF
Madeliene Here is the way to the website so you can read it...

http://www.diabetes-warrior.net/2010...ng-what-it-is/
Old 05-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #48  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Well, has been quiet around here lately. DD made her zucchini strips as noodles lasagna tonight, and it was yummy again. My Dad is here for a week to recover after being in the hospital for 3 weeks. He tires quite easily, but is game for anything. I have him eating lots of fermented and probiotic food to get his gut back to normal after 3 weeks of antibiotics, and we have to fatten him up, and get my weight down at the same time. We'll see how that goes. Planning for lots of gardening this weekend. Hope you are all getting and enjoying good weather.
If anyone is down there in Tornado alley, our thoughts and prayers are with
you. May the wind blow fair.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:45 PM   #49  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey guy's sorry been missing for a few days but I have been busy. Well my aunts daughter had surgery on her foot she will be out 8 weeks and she is still scheduled to have her surgery on the 13th of june. Been busy we finally got our pool up and now I have been busy cleaning the garage and stuff. today was the last day of school and my daughter passed with flying colors. She is in 10th next year she has all honors classes she does well.

All is ok here my weight is still up my stomach has been giving me a fit taken the 1000 metformin in the am and the pm. Don't know what to do it has been given me a fit.

I hope all is going well for everyone.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bonnie - Congratulations to your daughter on her good grades!

I hate to be critical of your doctor, but he upped your Metformin from 500 1Xday to 1000 2Xday. That is a pretty big jump and that could be why you are having the stomach problems. Do you have any of your 500's left? If so, maybe you could take 500 2Xday for a week or so and then increase it. I know I should not be urging you to change your meds without your doctor's approval, so maybe you could call the doctor and discuss it. My Metformin was increased gradually from 500 2Xday, then to 500 3X day and now to 850 3Xday. I had issues when I first started Metformin, but none since then as my body got used to it.

Mad - I also would love the zucchini strip lasagne. A restaurant we go to serves zucchini parm and sometimes eggplant parm and I like to order that. It's very similar to zucchini lasagne. My husband loves lasagne and I have hinted around about making it with zucchini or eggplant and he isn't interested. I wish he was more willing to try new things. I alway say "The next time I get married I'm going to marry someone who will eat whatever I put in front of him." LOL Truthfully, I don't intend for there to be another time.

Hope you Dad is doing better.

Trish - Hope you are doing well with your Carbohydrate Addicts Diet and IF.

Ruth - Hope your BS is under control and you get a good A1c.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:08 AM   #51  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Closing this thread shortly but wanted to post in here that I am so happy you chicks have kept this thread going. I have been remiss in posting because I am too darned busy these days. I will try to do better in June.

Wannabe, try making lasagna with one lawyer of thin zucchini or of eggplant and see if he notices.

Trish, how are you finding things now that the kids have gone? Better?

Bonnie, I agree that some of the tummy problems are probably from the abrupt increase in the Met. My doc put me on it very gradually and I had only minor tummy problems. Congratulations to your DD!

Mad, So good that you can take care of your Dad. I wish him a speedy recovery to normal life. I've never made lasagna with zucchini but have done so with butternut squash. Worth a try later in the season.

See y'all in the June thread!
Closed Thread