Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default January Chat

Happy New Year to us all! I hope we are all healthier by the end of 2013 and we will be if we keep on truckin'.

Faced the scale this morning and saw 190 again, eight pounds more than last year. I think I somehow got shifted into reverse last year. The good news is a stable BGL but that will not last if the weight continues to pile up.

I'm aiming for healthier and more regular eating this year with more emphasis on veggies. I'll also continue at the gym three times a week, weather permitting. (Between the holidays and bad driving days, I've not made it to the gym since the Friday before Christmas.)

So away we go with a brand new year.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #2  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Happy New Year

I hope everyone is having a wonderfull day . I will be cooking but it gonna be light baked chicken breast with collards and Field peas and Rice with Corn Bread. I will be watching what I eat. I will be logging what I eat.

Any one have a good way I can dissect my life and put it in line so I wont make the same mistakes again that I did before this has been on my mind for a long while.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

thanks for the reminder about logging what we eat bonnie. I had an on plan but different breakfast, 5 leftover chicken wings, some carrots and celery with blue cheese dip, and two babybel cheeses. Gotta love atkins that this is basically on plan, though the carrots are pushing it a bit. Going to take the dog for a walk, and hope to see a movie later today.
Happy New Year friends.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Fly-by this morning. All is well aside from an earache that comes and goes. The scale is up and I have reinstated my ticker to remind me. Off to the gym shortly. I am so glad Donna goes with me as it keeps us both going!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #5  
Bonnie

Good Morning things here are good have to make a trip to the grocery store today. Other then that FBS was 149 I know a little high but I had to have some field peas and Collards and with that came some corn bread. Had to make sure I have some luck and money and health this year.
I have so much to do I guess I better get to it. Will catch back with you all later.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #6  
Madeleine

good morning all. FBS 5.1 today, nice, but weight is up, I braved the scale, and am back where I started last January in the middle of the month when I joined ww. May go to the meeting tonight.
Bonnie, I tried to log my food yesterday, but the program wasn't working well.
Will try again today. Yoga at noon I think, I will be gentle with myself.
Good day everyone. Hope to hear from those who have been busy!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #7  
Madeleine

ok, I will admit, its a little scary tracking food and points on atkins, so meals just add up and up. But, here I am after supper, and I have 3 points left on the day still! and thats before touching the flex points, or the activity points.
So I guess I can do it. As always, i have to stick to it. I am such a sugar junkie, or in the absence of sugar, a splenda or sweets junkie. I know some people take a total holiday from it and cut it all out totally, maybe I have to do that.
Feeling better the last couple of days, since getting more active and eating better again.
Trish: I know you are always looking for the right way to eat for you, and I think its important we choose something we can do, but really, it probably doesn't matter which plan we use, as long as we stick it for a while. After a month, I will see where I am. I am promising to stick with atkins for a month. Period.
Thanks everyone
Old 01-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

I have not been here in a while, but RuthXXX it is good to see a familiar person. It is nice to meet you fine ladies, and hopefully get some good moral support. I want to lose some substantial weight by my daughter's graduation in May, but some recent setbacks have put me way off of my game. I am gonna pat myself on the back, because over the holidays I gained NO weight. A good start to the new year, I think. So, here we go! And a Happy New Year to all of you.

Kathy
Old 01-03-2013, 12:01 AM   #9  

As usual, getting the weight tracker to change is a chore--I have redone it 6 times and it still won't load on my screen.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:52 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Welcome back, Peony. 2013 is OUR year. By the way I can see your ticker and you should too. Is it possible that you have your options set to NOT see tickers? Your ticker looks fine to me.

Woke at 4 this morning. What's with that? Weight is still up and FBGL is 6.0 after a fairly carb heavy day. Announcement: There are no longer any cheese ans phyllo pastries in my freezer. Gym went OK yesterday - it sure makes a big difference missing even a few sessions!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #11  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

Good Morning. Back with you all again. New year, new start and hopefully I will be able to lose this weight for good this year.

Not sure what is up with this board, but I cannot keep logged in...I have to put in my user name and password each time. Also not getting notifications when someone posts. Ruth, maybe you know whats wrong??

Gained 10 lbs in the last while so am going to do strict Atkins, which will be good for the blood sugar as well. I also joined FatSecret to track my weight and food.

Have a great day.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #12  
Madeleine

welcome back Lindyloo, and welcome Kathy, or re-welcome as it were.
Down a couple of pounds today, will soon be back to ticker, remind me again why I can't stick to atkins when it works so well?
Off to the big city today, taking my daughter to a matinee performance of the wizard of oz and for lunch before that. Hope the curry I plan to eat is reasonably on plan. WIll also take some atkins snacks to ensure I don't go hungry on the drive home and pop into a fast food joint as a result.
One thing about downtown toronto, I just park my car and walk everywhere! I walk more there than anyplace else. In fact, most people I know who live there do more walking.
Will stick to plan ladies, inspite of dining with my dear skinny girl.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #13  
Bonnie

Hey how is everything with you guys. I have been good I woke up this morning and I my fbs was 120 that is better then what it has been. Other then that all is going well.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #14  

Talking

Ah, Ruth, the tracker is fine but I want to change the weight and I can't do it.

A fine morning, kids back to school, I got to read and no one pestered me unless the dog needed going out. Cold and frosty in So. KY. FBS 102mg/dl. Kept on my plan today. Starting to get some of the Christmas decorations put up. Glad that some others have joined us, welcome. Sounds like the honeymoon has begun!

I really need an exercise kick-in-the-butt, ladies. May will be here before I know it, hence the current goal I have set. I keep finding excuses not to get going with it. Makes it hard to meet a goal that way, though. Treadmill tomorrow, that's my goal, starting slow.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:31 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

A quick flyby. Lots going on here. I decided DH can't wait until January 25th to get help for his neck and shoulder. So when I called the orthopedic for pain meds, I told her that he needs help now. I told her about the pain management appt and asked if she could help us get something done sooner. Thank God, she called the hospital and got him in as an outpatient to get his cortisone shot Monday morning. So he will get his 1st shot there and then we can switch everything over to the PM doc for him to do the other two.

to the Newbies. Glad to have you here.

We are still waiting for DD to get the dates to take her state board test to be licensed and then they will set a date for DSIL to come move them back to FL. I guess they finally got the message about money since I don't buy anything I don't have to. I still buy some ready made foods, but DH and I get more than one meal out of what I buy. So today, DGS told me that he will be living on campus and plans to work on campus so he probably won't be coming to spend the night, but he will probably come over to see us on Sundays even when he gets a car. So looks like some time in the near future things just might get back to normal. Everybody is getting along and so far so good.

I ended up with a 5 lb gain through the holidays, but already lost 2 of those. So I guess I'm okay with that. I better get to bed and will be back when I can. I always read even when I don't post.
Closed Thread