Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #1  

Height: 5'11"

Default How do you live with diabetes?

I don't have diabetes but when I see people having diabetes, I always imagine how it feels like?

I know this might be a silly question but I wonder how people can live with diabetes. What kind of things you do that can make you continue your life and be more positive?
Old 01-08-2012, 06:46 AM   #2  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

for me i live life as i did before. i don't "feel" any different. i just eat differently. i watch (try, most of the time) what i eat. i know what i need to do and just try to do it. the shots give you bruises. but, it's just life now.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I actually don't feel any different now either. But that may be because I had the symptoms for a lot longer than I realized. I was diagnosed over a year ago, but I've only been taking it seriously for the last few months. I'm fortunate for the moment and only on metformin and not insulin. However, I just went up to the highest dose of metformin and I really don't see a difference. I'm really worried that I'm going to have to move to insulin. So I'm currently really trying to focus hard on my lifestyle change, not just to lose weight but to try to control the diabetes. I'm forced onto a low carb diet.

The good news is that all of my doctors think that with the proper diet and exercise that I can get a handle on this. I do HAVE to lose weight which is impossible for me. But it's the only way to get a grasp on this without insulin. Anyway, while I'm not experiencing a lot of the symptoms I'm on my way to it really affecting my life if I don't get it under control.

If you don't have diabetes now then be thankful and DON'T let yourself get into that area of potential diagnosis.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Aliashihya, come on over to the January chat and hang out with us. Get some support on your journey.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #5  
Health is Wealth :)

Life with diabetes is fine... mainly because it has to be.

Daily injections do become just a part of your normal routine (I would never have been able to fathom that two years ago!)

Sure, I'd prefer life without the condition. But I'm a stronger person because of it and feel that I respect, appreciate and know my body a far deal greater than many others in their twenties.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Closing this as it's a very old thread. The original poster has not been here in well over a year.
Closed Thread