Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Oh, my gosh, Butterfly. What a horrible thing that you and your daughter are going through! No one should be subject to such things. Will pray for you, and hope it gets resolved soon.

Good for you Madeleine! Keep it up!

I lost some of those nasty lbs and when I lose 2 more, I will be back to ground zero. Have gotten all my water in, did my exercises today, ate well, and blood sugar is good. Going into the weekend on a positive note!

Kinda quiet here tonight. DD is on a church retreat. DH is on his way to bed--he gets up at 4am to exercise before having to be at work between 5:30 and 6am. Not this chickie! Not a morning person! and certainly not to exercise--yuck. So the dog and I are going to hang out, I guess. DD also has a 3 day weekend for the MLK holiday. She will probably need it to recover from the retreat.

Everyone have a good weekend. Hopefully I will catch you tomorrow.

Kathy
Old 01-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bonnie - I am sorry to hear what your daughter is going through. Kids are nuts anymore. I'm so glad mine are grown, but I worry about my grandson. He is starting to become the bully of preschool, and I have no idea where that's coming from. He is not exposed to anyone who would put that idea into his head. Most kids pick up bad behavior from other kids are school, but he is the one bringing it to school. This week, my DH told him to put his fork in the sink and he came over to DH and stuck the fork into his arm and said "I'm going to hurt you." Believe me, when not in school he is only around family, and no one in the family would be giving him ideas like this. He's only 4.

Your soup sounds good. I love beans but my DH doesn't so if I make it, it's going to be for me, only. I copied it to my recipe file for future reference.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #78  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Good morning friends. Weight is down again as I stick to plan. Including eating some chocolate for the dessert I made last night. We are going to dinner with friends, and they usually buy a great pie from a local bakery for dessert. I knew I wouldn't be able to resist, so I offered to make the dessert. Found a recipe for a low carb chocolate mousse online and made that. Very rich and delish. (of course I had to taste the new recipe before taking it there tonight!)
So that was nice to know, I could indulge in it and still stay on plan. (very complicated recipe, sure won't be making it regularly.)

Bonnie: I am glad you are there for your daughter. I hope the school has a "no bullying" policy. Barbara Coloroso has a great book about bullying too. (SIMN11, also discusses how to help a child becoming a bully) Stand by her no matter what, including insisting he change schools or the board paying for bussing for her to change schools if she wants and that is the best solution.
As someone who was a bullied child, I can tell you that its a hard one to handle. She can be empowered by helping make the solutions and the choices about which solutions work for her. Good luck with it all. This young man sounds like a very troubled boy, I hope he gets the help he needs too.

Kathy: have a nice quiet weekend. this is a holiday weekend for you? Presidents day?

We finally got more snow, so will try skiing on the trail today with the dog. Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #79  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

all is good here hubby went out last night and got some tacos had a little to much but not like I do that everyday.

Got a call from the principal before school ended and said he didn't see anything on video . My daughter was like Duh when the bus is off the video dont record . He does this sitting at the school waiting for the bus to load. He showed her the video and she pointed everyone out she also said he was looking at the wrong man. But he told asked her a bunch more question and called two of her friends in and one said he didnt see anything. The other one told him everything and then some. So he called the young man in and he confessed but this principal is saying he needs the video for 100% proof. He will rewatch it monday and then he will handle it on tuesday but he told this young man he is to have nothing more to do with my daughter. This boy has some mental heath issues I believe that he has a 504 plan the Principal had made several commets towards his status at school..

All will work out.. Hope all is going well Will check back in later.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #80  
Madeleine

hi all: stayed on plan at dinner party last evening. So feeling good this am.
Lots of squalling snow, so gonna stay in with a fire burning, will just play with the dog in the yard a bit.
Otherwise things are quiet here.

BOnnie: I don't know what the principal is playing with, a witness and a confession, and he wants video evidence? that is not right, and doesn't protect your daughter fully. I would insist on proper protection for her, no matter what. She has to be safe to be able to learn.

Happy Sunday friends
Old 01-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #81  
Bonnie

mad I know Thats what I say too . He is supposed to be calling me Tuesday and I am gonna see whats up.

I lost 2 pounds this week not too good . Dang people bought in Krispy cream doughnuts in last night. Getting ready to go work out and see how things go. I must work out on a daily bases. I made another soup last night oh boy did it taste good I added some extra stuff Like celery and more onion. It was supposed to be Taco soup but turned more out to be a chili. But it was wonderful.I jest didn't spice it up like they wanted me too.Gonna run and work out till later..
Old 01-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Madeliene Great job staying on plan. Hope you are feeling better.

Bonnie My first reaction to you post about your daughter and the principals handling of it is the same as Mads. With all the things we have see in this country with Newtown and others, I would think he would take this much more seriously. You know people make such a big deal about gun control and seem to forget that anything can become a weapon... even a lighter. As a mother of daughter who was a burn victim in an accident, I can assure you that it was no fun or a picnic for her or me. I would insist that my daughter be given some sort of protection. I would definitely find a way to keep her from this boy. Prayers coming your way.

OH yes Bonnie... CONGRATULATIONS on the 2 lb loss. Don't beat yourself up for eatig the Krispy creme... I've decided that we would do better if we would expect ourselves to do 80 to 90% OP and 10 to 20% for times when we will eat things that are off. I do better if I don't have to deal with guilt which sets me up for other things even binges.

I am doing so much better doing Intuitive Eating. My fbs is steadily coming back down although not normal yet. However, my weight is at a stand still but I'm sure it will begin to move downward if I keep doing what I'm doing. I eat what I call good healthy foods at least 80% of the time and allow myself what IE calls "play foods" at the most 20%. I have found that eating some of the carbs that I thought that I could not eat actually causes my fbs to drop rather than go up. It seems that I need to eat more "balanced" meals than low carb or lowfat etc. It has taken me a long time to find the "way" to eat that works for me and I am so very thankful.

Have a super Sunday chickies.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #83  
Madeleine

GOod morning friends. Had a day of sloth yesterday, but ate on plan, but weight is up a tad, still under 180 though. Will change the ticker when I go back to work on Thursday if I am not down by then.
Stayed inside yesterday because of the cold, wind and snow. We were told snow squalls for our area, but instead got a mini blizzard. and Thundersnow.
Today is still quite cold and with a wind chill warning. We expect a bit more snow.

Am working on getting back to a normal sleep pattern so I can get up and be back to normal working hours by next week at this time. I start back to work Thursday afternoon, but won't have scheduled visits til Monday, so still have some time to get back to normal. Was pleased to be up by 830 this morning with no alarm.

May just ski in the back yard, but still not feeling like I am "in shape" again after the illness before the holidays, and how sedentary I have been since then. Time to get off the couch!

Hope everyone else has a good Monday, this is apparently "blue Monday" when the short days, debts from the holidays as the credit card bills roll in, and it being Monday gets us down. For my part, feel fine as I didn't overextend the credit, and otherwise feel fine. Maybe it is eating well and on plan.

I booked a repeat sleep study for me and my cpap on Wednesday evening, just a check to make sure the pressures are right for me.

BOnnie, good luck with principal tomorrow.
Helloes to everyone else, have a good day.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #84  

Hi, I just want to check in with everyone. Since my last post on 1/8 to get some encouragement, I have had two weigh-ins, and I lost 4 lbs. the first time, but lost only .5 lb. this past Saturday. It's discouraging since I have been following the diet fairly closely and has dropped a few units on the Levemir.

I broke my ankle beginning of last November, which has prevented me from getting any exercise. I'm just starting physical therapy. Hopefully I'll be able to exercise soon.

I am on week 4 and having trouble getting into ketosis, which I think has to do with the insulin.

I want to thank this community for being there and I enjoy reading everyone's posts.

Have a great day everyone!
Mary
Old 01-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #85  
Bonnie

Things are good here I have been on plan all day now I jest finished doing a hour with Richard Simmons and feeling pretty good right now. I signed up for the biggest loser web site last night Cant ever have enough support. Its pretty cool so I will be bouncing back and fourth. I hope all is having a good day.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #86  
Madeleine

Just an FYI friends:
Today I made the muffin-in-a-minute recipe, but tripled it and microwaved it in a square tupperware rock+serve dish, so it is more loaf shaped, for toasting.
I was frustrated with the round shape of the mugs, and almost always make more than one, its a pain and too many ingredients to make just one.
Worked well, but need 2.5 min to cook if anyone wants to try it.

Mary: don't get too discouraged, if you have lost 2 pounds each time you would think you were doing well. Good luck, and hope you get into ketosis.

Have fun Bonnie, hope they give healthy advice and support, I don't think they do for the contestants who are trying to to make big losses to stay on the show.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmad View Post
Just an FYI friends:
Today I made the muffin-in-a-minute recipe, but tripled it and microwaved it in a square tupperware rock+serve dish, so it is more loaf shaped, for toasting.
I was frustrated with the round shape of the mugs, and almost always make more than one, its a pain and too many ingredients to make just one.
Worked well, but need 2.5 min to cook if anyone wants to try it.

Mary: don't get too discouraged, if you have lost 2 pounds each time you would think you were doing well. Good luck, and hope you get into ketosis.

Have fun Bonnie, hope they give healthy advice and support, I don't think they do for the contestants who are trying to to make big losses to stay on the show.
I love the muffin-in-a-minute. I will definitely try making a triple batch. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #88  
Madeleine

Good morning all: weight is up again.
The last two days I had an atkins breakfast bar for breakfast, and although I know they aren't the best to have, I woke up too hungry for words and this got me through. But apparently not so good, though I was on plan all day.
Last night I made a custard for breakfast today, and more later in the week.
Was frustrating because I did so well yesterday, had a little ski on the trail with the dog, AND went to a 90 minute hot yoga class, very intense and aerobic, it was a flow class, so constant movement.
Plan for today is another little ski, and maybe yoga this evening, but not sure of that. May wait until tomorrow for yoga.

Also a little confused with my bs meter, was over 6 last 2 days, and although I know it measures a bit high at lower levels, I am usually in the 5's
Plan to have blood work done Friday am, I have a new student starting on Thursday and will give her some practice then, before I let her at the clients.

Hope you all have a good day too.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #89  

A quick flyby. A lot going on with the kids moving a week from today. I'm cleaning some as I can. We go tomorrow to meet the surgeon who will do DH neck surgery. Hope we will be able to do it by the end of this month or the 1st of next. DD looked him up and he is the best in his field. So that is a plus. I learned Saturday that this doctor has done neck and back surgeries for several people in our church and they said he is the best. So that gives me peace of mind. Will check back tomorrow.

Have a good day.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bonnie - IMO it is more than just giving your daughter protection. This child should have received a suspension for bringing a lighter to school and using it in the way he did. He could have caught someones hair or clothing on fire. He could also have been given bus suspension, and the parents would be responsible for getting him to and from school.

Trish - Hope you husband's surgery goes well.

Sillymary - So many things can effect weight loss. As long as it went in a downward direction you are doing good!
Closed Thread