New to the Diabetes community here

• Hello, everyone!

I've been a bit of a troll here over the past year, lots of reading, not too much posting! But I've been serious about my weight loss journey since January. I am a 44 yr old insulin dependent (for past 2 yrs) diabetic who has s-l-o-w-l-y lost almost 30 pounds thru calorie counting and moderate exercise. I am 3 pounds from goal.

Insulin and diabetes has really made my journey a challenge, but I have learned SO MUCH ABOUT MYSELF and how my body reacts to insulin, exercise, and snacking and all of its combinations. I've discovered that I can do everything right and still plateau and have high glucose numbers, and I can slip and fall on occasion, and still have good results.

But whatever changes I've made, have worked, albeit slowly. I feel great, my A1C is now in the mid 6 range and my Dr. is thrilled at my results.

Just wanted to say hello, and let you know that my 2012 journey has been crazy, fun, challenging, frustrating, depressing, and fulfilling all at the same time. I've been stuck really close to goal now for a couple months; but that is OK - - I suppose I'm simply practicing maintenance for now! LOL

I thank you all for allowing me to read your posts over this past year, and I hope that my upcoming thoughts and experiences can be of help to all of you. Thanks to Ruthxxx for suggesting that I come on in and jump in on your discussions!
  • thanks for the post and WELCOME Chris.
    We appreciate you viewpoint.