Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I was hoping that my scale would match my ticker today, but not yet. However, I am sooooo close. Hopefully it will happen tomorrow.

Didn't sleep good last night. Caffiene doesn't usually bother me, but guess I shouldn't have had that last cup of coffee with DD. Finally took a Melatonin and slept some but not good. It just made me feel dragged out today. Today is a rainy day. All the kids are here and today is DD cook day so I don't have to do much of anything. And I probably won't do any more than I have to.

Y'all have a good day.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #92  

bs 75 this morning... but my usual sleeping, which is not great but if I can not have to get up and read in the middle of the night I call that a success.

Windy, rainy, fall is here in the PNW.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #93  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, weight is 187 something and BGL was a semi-decent 4.9. Donna and I bugged each other yesterday and finally got it into gear to do the gym thing this morning. It actually felt pretty good.

There are no more frozen goodies in my house - just the freshly baked ones which I am taking to the Mill Board Meeting this afternoon. It's at Anna's house and I will not bring anything home. She has lots of drop-in callers so will appreciate having them on hand.

Yes, I took my Victoza this morning and hope it kills my appetite. I was able to bake squares and cookies this morning with no slips.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #94  

I got this from another low carb site and since we all have problems with sleeping at times thought I would copy and share here. Someone on that site was having trouble sleeping and thought it might be the cheese she/he ate because of an old wives tale they had heard.

It could be the cheese per se, or it could be an excess of calcium. Many people find when they start supplementing with magnesium that they sleep better. Calcium and magnesium work in conjunction and also antagonistically so the proper ratio is important.

I've been reading about insomnia and low carb diets and have seen various discussions and suggestions, such as:

•Don't eat protein at least 2-3 hours before bed.
•Eat majority of the day's carbs in the evening.
•Take magnesium. Some people find magnesium stimulating and some not, so some experimentation may be in order as to what time of day to take it.
•Take magnesium and manganese, or eat foods that contain them such as sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chocolate.
•In some cases, when below moderate (approx 50 grams) low carbing, take potassium, and sodium too. See this board re salt: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=445775
•Coconut oil before bed. (Something about how it works in the liver).

Apple cider vinegar before bed. ?

Both of these articles are interesting:

The Biochemistry of Insomnia http://www.hypoglycemia.asn.au/2011...ry-of-insomnia/

Thirteen tips for a great nights sleephttp://www.nutritional-healing.com....0nights%20sleep

The above 13 tips article says:

Avoid tyramine containing foods (bananas, avocado, cheese, sour cream, pizza, fermented dairy products, beer, wine, MSG, fermented soy products, pickled salamis, liver, caviar, beans) after 5 PM as tyramine alters brain neurotransmitter levels inhibiting sleep.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #95  
Come on Spring!

Lots of info there, Miss Patty. I'll keep that in mind. At the moment my sleep pattern seems to be becoming more normal. Have not had one of those white night's of tossing, turning and thinking for a week.

FBGL is stable these mornings and so is the weight! I'm halfway through the month when I pledged to drop 5 pounds but methinks it's not going to happen unless I cut off a limb. Two weeks have passed with no loss so ...

We'll just keep on keepin' on!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #96  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

good morning. Ruth, sometimes we have to stop worrying about weight and concentrate on the fact that we are eating properly and exercising and NOT gaining. Often, thats the victory.
For my part, I am still the same on the scale, which amazes me! I expect an eventual woosh, but maybe not?
Anyhow, I certainly get full and stop eating much earlier than normal. So serving sizes are shrinking, and that is just fine. No danger to me, other than eating fewer calories. I still get hungry and have an appetite for good food, I just stop eating sooner. Nice side effect, hope it lasts.
I got to yoga last night. Today will just be walking I think. Have a lovely day everyone.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #97  

Ticker is correct as of this morning.FINALLY!!!
Caught my old pattern of wanting to change way of eating this morning, but I didn't. I really thought my starchy carb meal yesterday would really mess t up but it didn't. It did make me awfully sleepy and washed out feeling the rest of the day. Beginning to think the carby foods just not worth it. We went to the DGS college campus and walked around so that probably helped a lot. I want to start using my recumbant bike again soon. I will probably start using it 5 minutes a day 5 or 6 days a week starting next Monday. I will eventually work up to the 15 or 20 min, but DD told me to take it at my own speed... NOT TO PUSH it. So that is a new goal. That and working at getting the next 5 lbs off.

Ruthie - That was a lot of good info. I think some of it has to do with each individual too. The main reason I don't drink wine etc is that I never know if it is going to give me that lathargic washed out feeling like I just need to go to bed and sleep and that can be from one 4 oz glass of wine.

It did mention apple cider vinegar so I am googling it and reading up on it again. I used to take apple cider vinegar... DH #2 took it for his heart and it helped him a lot. I'm going to start taking it again as it has so many good benefits and leveling blood sugar is one of them.

DH, DS and DGS will be going to a sports range today. Everyone else has gone to work or school and it will be just baby and me after his therapist leaves. May have to go get DGD from school unless her Mama gets out of school early and gets her. Mon and Tues are weird right now. Hope this nursing school is as good as it claims because it hasn't been great for DD. No teacher to teach them yesterday so no class. They fired their teacher at the end of last 5 week semester. She didn't teach the class most of the time. We suspect she had some home problems. DD has one more 5 week semester after this class. Already talking like they may still may not be planning on moving any time soon. Of course, I know it will take time to get a job and then save money to move. I have to tell you this girl is really praying about that. Well, it will be what it will be and we'll live with it.

Y'all have a nice day.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #98  

Interesting info about sleep issues!

95 this morning.

Something I learned yesterday (for US readers). My eye doctor can now access all my prescriptions on his computer. He said this is due to new healthcare legislation. Of course it was wrong... corrected four facts in the list including one drug I don't take at all, others are as needed which wasn't noted and one was a lower dose. Just something to be aware of and stay on top of.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #99  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. Aunt had a bad relasp of the Bronchitis and I had to get her back to the Dr sat morning. After Breathing treatments and a few days of omicef she is doing alot better.

My Boob squishing went well I actually got the results today they are good seen nothing unusual. Had to go to the Eye Dr this morning and he had to give me a prescription for glasses. He added a Bi focal in their said it will only get worse as I get older. Waiting on my eyes to get back to normal so I can work out.

Been doing good here had a few rough dinners My hubbies sister was in from Florida so I did the best I could.

Well I better be going have to get a few things done while I cant see.( I hate doing laundry) , May be I think if I do it now I wont see it to have to fold it and put it away!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #100  

Hi. Y'all have a great Wednesday.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #101  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Good afternoon everyone! Had my morning meeting with Richard went well I am thinking of doing another session but I have to take a break for a bit. Things here are going ok . Tomorrow my middle daughter turns 18 we are having a family gathering she has invited the family over will be having chicken and rice with corn bread and cake and ice cream . I am going to have some chicken and veggies.

Better run I have so much I have to do before then.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #102  

I did the boob squishing and they tried to do an ultra sound (as I have a cyst maybe) and I could not get thru the ultra sound. I HATE to lay on my back. And it went on forever and ever and ever and finally I HAD to sit up.
So.
Drugs and maybe they can not put me flat on my back. I can reschedule tomorrow at noon.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:31 AM   #103  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Froggy, what happens when you are flat on your back? hard to breathe? I find that putting my neck back. Flat I get low back pain, but can bend my knees to relieve that.
fbs was 6.0 today ?????
Scale is the same too. Am trying to take the effexor before bed. No problem last night slept well. Will see how that goes, its also time to go to full dose.
Its potluck day at work, so hope to avoid overeating with that.
Have a good day chickies
Old 10-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #104  

Good Morning,

Company left about 8:15 so we are back to what is considered normal, however, we really did enjoy being with them.

I decided to start using Livingstrong.com again to track calories, carbs and weight. I've lost 4 lbs since I had been there last so that was a good feeling. Ticker is still correct. In fact, weight may be slightly lower a bit. I am eating my oatmeal for breakfast again although eating half a serving. Being cold weather again, I really enjoy having it for breakfast. I'm trying to make that the only starchy carbs for each day. However, I am eating fruity carbs as well as the veggies. Carbs ran around 100 yesterday, but I suspect they will be lower most days. This way I can count without spending a lot of time on it.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #105  
Come on Spring!

Trish, thanks for the reminder about oatmeal. I must get some and get back to hot cereal on cold mornings.

Trudging along with a good FBGL despite several popcorn indulgences. All gone now - it was trash day. Weight is dropping a smidgen each day but I really don't trust it. 187 something to 186.4 is pretty slow progress for a week. However, I have not been eating "pure".

Just called and got an appointment for fasting bloodwork next Thursday with a doctor's appointment the following week - November 1! - to go over the results. I want to get a referral to a dermatologist since I have some reddish patches on my face that seem to stick around too long. I'm hoping nothing needs doing until December because I am planning to drive to southern PA to spend USA Thanksgiving with a dear friend there.

Happy Thursday to us all.
Closed Thread