Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #46  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Weight is still the same even after Thanksgiving Dinner. This just HAS to be the week it budges!

Picked the rest of the peppers from my garden yesterday as frost was expected. Today I am going to do packets of peppers and sliced onions and try Bonnie's "smothered chicken". That idea really piqued my interest and may get me enthused about cooking.

Today I am spending chained to the desk and computer to get two major accounting tasks DONE! I sometimes think I spend more time fretting about jobs than it would take to just do it!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #47  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Ruth: I am the same about some paperwork tasks, they are not so bad, but I dread them, and put them off terribly.
fbs 5.8 this am, I don't know why they are so high. I see doc tomorrow, more about other meds than the diabetes, but will ask about it. And check the a1c as well.
Its a busy day for work, even though its a holiday, and half the staff is off for a long weekend, so I must get going. Happy Thanksgiving to all, wherever you are, its always good to be thankful.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Sorry this didn't come out as planned so will do it again...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OUR CANADIAN FRIENDS

My weight has been back up so doing "my way" of eating to get the weight back down as quickly as possible. My goal is to get my weight back down to line up with ticker and then try to lose as much as possible by the end of the year. Started back yesterday and dropped almost 3 lbs. So getting through these next few days to get into the habit. Got my calories low but I need to get serious about all this. DH son and his family are thinking about coming to visit for 4 days next week. He was surprised to find that his sister and her family were still living here. Not sure they will come. Sure hope they decide to wait until next spring. They have to get a motel for him and wife and the kids stay here, but if they wait hopefully DD and family will be moved and they can come stay here. However, we will do whatever we have to do.

DGS Monday therapist will be here soon so guess I'll cut this short. Y'all have a good Monday.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

Fbs at a nice 84 this morning. That is a comfortable number for me to work out without food. I did over an hour of walkitout and ate a nice breakfast of fiber one, ground flax and unsweetened almond milk. Today I am going to start totally re-arranging my room. It is so messy and awful! Today is a state holiday so it is a good use of part of the day. I made a deal with myself that I will spend 3 hours and see how far I get!

Bonnie, it sounds like you are doing great! Try to avoid all the germs in your house.

Mad, the Thanksgiving menu sounds wonderful. I have developed a real taste for sushi these days. We have an asian fusion place that uses very little rice. It is wonderful.

Ruth, having those little bags of prepared veggies really helps me to stay on track. I can cook ANYTHING with them: add a protein, saute' and it's a meal! Yum

Trish, wow, that is fast progress. I wish I could get the scale to budge.

Off to get something done.... Have a great day.

Rie
Old 10-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #50  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

4 days down and doing good spent 40 minutes with Richard this morning and the food has been going great for me these last few days .. Hey must of accomplished something cause His aunt had a bag of mounds and she didnt even offer me one this time.
Feeling pretty good. Can't wait till morning I see another workout cumming. The hubby and cousin is pressuring me to have the lypo suction and tummy tuck done. I jest dont feel right having it done especially right now. See you all tomorrow!!!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #51  
Come on Spring!

Drat! Long post and I lost it! I was off killing spammers.

Anyhow I survived Thanksgiving weekend and actually down to184.4, let's hope the trend continues. FBGL is good - no wild highs or lows.

Back later to read and comment - need to get my darling Disney ready to go to the vet for dental surgery this morning. I need to sneak in some breakfast too - can't bear to eat in front of her when she's fasting.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

This is Day 3 OP. Going pretty well. I actually have the 3 lb loss as of today.

Ruthie Many times I have typed a long post and lost it and just given up. CONGRATULATIONS on the scale moving down for you. Hope all goes well with your pets surgery.

Rie I'm keeping my calories around 1000 to 1200 a day. I know many say not to go below 1200, but they don't have to deal with my body. I got the idea from a lady who told my Daddy that she cut her calories to 500 a day (her doctor knows what she is doing) and within 3 days her bs was normal. I knew I would never be able to do only 500, but decided that I can do between 1000 to 1200 cals by using the Atkins shakes to replace 2 meals and a snack.

Mad, Bonnie and others Hi

Baby's therapy will be done in a few moments so will go for now. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #53  

Hi All!

Fbs at 84 this morning. I woke with a rebounding cold and achy so I didn't work out. I need to go to work today even though I am under the weather. On a positive note.... the scale was actually down just over a pound today. Dare I hope??

Bonnie, you sound great. I am so proud of you. Tell the family that you will have the surgery to deal with your loose skin after you lose the weight. Keep on Keeping on.

Ruth, isn't it frustrating to lose a post! Every time I swear that I will only compose in word, then I get lax again.

Mad, I hope you are having a good week and not working too hard.

Off to work...

Rie
Old 10-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #54  
Bonnie

Good morning everyone well crappy here I woke up this morning and My throat is killing me and I looked to see how red my throat is and it is got what spots on it so I will be heading to the dr here soon

Rie my point exactly. I peaked at the scale I can see it movig will officially let you know how much on friday.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #55  
Bonnie

No strep I am in the early stages of bronchitis. So they have me on meds for that . Then I talked to him about my back pain and I told him I have had naproxen for it before but after a few douse I can't go to the bathroom it makes me so constipation. He also talked to me about having a stomach stapling done. I am like OMG . he said that I had to think about weather I wanted to be this heavy or not. This surgery scares the **** out of me I am jest not ready for it.
He did give me something for my stomach where the skin folds for when I am having problems with it having rashes and smelling .Well Better be going got a pot of chili on the stove ....
Old 10-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #56  
Madeleine

Hi all, am really still quite tired, had marathon work on the weekend. Wanted to go out to the music go-round tonight, but too tired to drive or enjoy the singing and playing. SO stayed home and rested a bit and early to bed soon.
Happy to read about all, but Bonnie's post got me wondering.
BOnnie? how much weight have you lost and where are you now? By the ticker you have lost about 50 pounds, but your bio says about 25. I am thinking that someone who has lost 50 pounds in the last year isn't the person who needs to go to gastric bypass. Even if you have regained some, getting back to diet and lifestyle which was successful before would be the first thing to urge.
I am not against gb. There is good research for its success for some, and has cured diabetes for some people who have had it, for reasons not yet explained. But it does seem odd that everywhere you go Bonnie, people are suggesting surgery, instead of celebrating the weight loss and increased fitness that you have accomplished. I for one am really proud of what you have managed and think that you should keep going with what you have done. If you feel surgery would improve things further thats fine, but don't be discouraged by this. We are all behind you. and get well soon
Rie: hope you are feeling better this evening, too.
Hello to all, back tomorrow I hope.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #57  
Come on Spring!

Bless me, Sisters, for I have sinned. I succumbed to a wee loaf of butterscotch pecan bread that was leftover from the weekend bake sale and my BGL was 6.7 this morning. Weight is just up a bit to 184.6 though.

Today MUST be a better day.

Stand your ground, Bonnie. I don't know why you are being pushed to have surgery - it is NOT an easy way! I hope it's OK with you if I modify your profile so it shows 301.5/ticker/160. If you don't like it, just holler and I'll put it back.

Need to skip the gym in favour of a major floor cleanup. Disney had surgery to have seven teeth removed yesterday and the special supper I made her sort of raced through her overnight. I'll spare you the details but my exercise this morning will be floor cleaning, not an easy task when you cannot kneel down.

Now that I've finished my coffee, I'll just get to it!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #58  
Bonnie

Sorry guys I forgot about that I will change the stats. Mad I currently weigh 268.5 pounds. I think When I last did the ticker I was almost to 255 I will change it. I dont know why they all seem to think that the quick fix will be best but I dont If I cant do the eating and prove to myself that I can do it then if I have surgery then I will jest eat and gain it all back.

Well I must run Gotta take both DD to their therapy appointment. Will change it when I get back
Old 10-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #59  
Madeleine

just a quickie this am, fbs 4.9 this am. Saw dr yesterday, will update about that tonight or tmw
Old 10-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #60  

Hello Friends

Well, bs is 86 this morning. My cold is really settling in. My brain was telling me this morning that I must work out but my body was saying that I only have al little energy today so I didn't. Mad? What is the wisdom on exercising when sick? I have a long day with pool league tonight so I won't finish until about midnight.

My weight dropped just over another pound today... Yay. I love whooshes. My body seems to let go in fits and starts that don't make much sense but I will take it.

Mad, what is a "music go round?"

Ruth, I can't imagine being around so many baked goods! I am surprised that you don't "sin" more often.

Bonnie, hang in there. I used to get the weight loss surgery push all the time. It is NOT easy and you still have to make the lifestyle changes that you are doing now. You have already proven that you can do it!

Froggy, how are you?

Rie
Closed Thread